or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › It's the Obama Photo and Caption Thread!

It's the Obama Photo and Caption Thread! - Page 2

post #41 of 216

Looks like the old man just told him one of those jokes that only certain people find funny.
post #42 of 216

Listen old man, I'm going to make you think the Vietcong were kind.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #43 of 216

post #44 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

[citations please]
post #45 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

[citations please]

Bottom right corner.
post #46 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinea View Post

Bottom right corner.

I can't read it...
post #47 of 216

post #48 of 216
Ah, thank you trumptman.

But I meant the "quotations".
post #49 of 216
Quote:

Ah, thank you trumptman.

But I meant the "quotations".

Ah... a) not your google slave, b) take it up with ibd if you think their cartoonists are lying c) prove it yourself that you think those positions are distortions.

post #50 of 216
Quote:

Ah... a) not your google slave, b) take it up with ibd if you think their cartoonists are lying c) prove it yourself that you think those positions are distortions.

Of course they are, they're cartoons. By a cartoonist for a right-wing media outlet. Don't need Google for that.

The frightening thing is, it's the cartoon world that we shouldn't always believe where we live in.
post #51 of 216

Cartoons are fun!
post #52 of 216
Quote:

Cartoons are fun!

Very cute. I'm voting for McCain because there are too damn many kids on my lawn!

post #53 of 216
Quote:

Very cute. I'm voting for McCain because there are too damn many kids on my lawn!

No, if it's true that you're voting for McCain, you're doing it because you really haven't looked hard and deep into the issues.

In your tax bracket, Obama will cut your taxes more than McCain will.

Obama will reduce the national deficit more than McCain will.

Obama is a far better diplomat, and will be able to solve more problems without violence than McCain will.

If any of these things mattered to you more than a "D" or an "R", then you'd be voting for the candidate whose name is NOT John.
post #54 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

No, if it's true that you're voting for McCain, you're doing it because you really haven't looked hard and deep into the issues.

In your tax bracket, Obama will cut your taxes more than McCain will.

Obama will reduce the national deficit more than McCain will.

Obama is a far better diplomat, and will be able to solve more problems without violence than McCain will.

If any of these things mattered to you more than a "D" or an "R", then you'd be voting for the candidate whose name is NOT John.

Not quite.

post #55 of 216
No kidding.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
post #56 of 216
When it can't be defended, dismiss and kill the messenger is a tactic to try.

You are welcome to show how it is wrong.

post #57 of 216
Quote:

When it can't be defended, dismiss and kill the messenger is a tactic to try.

You are welcome to show how it is wrong.

... for all too obvious reasons.

After all, those are the PO posting guideline rulez.

To kill the wingnut op-ed messengers like AEI and IBD.

It also saves a whole bunch of bandwidth in the process.

Me likez the new PO rulez.
post #58 of 216
Quote:

Try birth control next time.

Zing!
post #59 of 216

post #60 of 216
Quote:

Those are obviously the boobs of a fat lady.
post #61 of 216
Quote:

No, why don't you prove that it's true.
post #62 of 216
Quote:

Not quite.

Because that's the end-all and be-all of truth and knowledge?

IBD is clearly a right-wing site, very bias.
post #63 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

IBD is clearly a right-wing site, very bias.

When are people going to learn to argue against the facts and reasoning presented rather than simply dismiss a source because they don't like or agree with it*? That is the classic ad hominem fallacy.

If the source is so biased that what it's saying is misleading or plain wrong, then it shouldn't be at all difficult to demonstrate this with facts, evidence and reasoning.

*I suppose because it's simply easier, requires no real thought and sounds like a real argument.
post #64 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by sslarson View Post

When are people going to learn to argue against the facts and reasoning presented rather than simply dismiss a source because they don't like or agree with it*? That is the classic ad hominem fallacy.

If the source is so biased that what it's saying is misleading or plain wrong, then it shouldn't be at all difficult to demonstrate this with facts, evidence and reasoning.

*I suppose because it's simply easier, requires no real thought and sounds like a real argument.

Quote:
When are people going to learn to argue against the facts and reasoning presented rather than simply dismiss a source because they don't like or agree with it

Do you mean for instance like your assertion about Alan Greenspan vs some of your little known websites?
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #65 of 216
Quote:

You missed the point entirely. Choosing your sources is the single most important factor in researching. Trumptman chooses poor, incredible sources, and therefore his argument fails. If you were to write a research paper for school which all of your citations incredible, bogus sources, you would fail.
post #66 of 216
Quote:

You missed the point entirely. Choosing your sources is the single most important factor in researching. Trumptman chooses poor, incredible sources, and therefore his argument fails. If you were to write a research paper for school which all of your citations incredible, bogus sources, you would fail.

It seems you've missed the point. The source should be discredited with facts, data, evidence and reasoning. You haven't done that. You simply dismiss the source as not even worthy of consideration suggesting that it is impossible for it to be factually correct because of the source. That's wrong. It could be Bozo the Clown and the facts and arguments could still be right. That's why proper argumentation deals with the facts, data, evidence and reasoning.
post #67 of 216
Quote:

It seems you've missed the point. The source should be discredited with facts, data, evidence and reasoning. You haven't done that. You simply dismiss the source as not even worthy of consideration suggesting that it is impossible for it to be factually correct because of the source. That's wrong. It could be Bozo the Clown and the facts and arguments could still be right. That's why proper argumentation deals with the facts, data, evidence and reasoning.

So when I say the exchairman of the Fed reserve for 18 years is much more credible than a site with " some guy " who seems like he isn't even in the field should be enough for my argument.
post #68 of 216
Quote:

Perhaps, but the very fact that the source is very clearly not neutral discredits it immediately. Bozo the Clown may have the right facts and arguments, but no one is going to take him seriously. The point has not to with wether the facts and arguments are accurate, but rather to what authority the site has in presenting facts and arguments. I'm very confident you could find liberal crap sites that say the exact opposite of that site.

And finally, to disprove IBR with facts, a credible, neutral source:
http://www.suntimes.com/news/politic...-tax30.article

Quote:
The rich would pay more under Barack Obama's tax plan, and the poor and middle-class would pay less, a nonpartisan analysis finds. Under John McCain's plan, the rich would pay much less than they do now, the poor and middle-class would pay a bit less, and the federal deficit would grow, the study found.

So let's review what I've proved:
  1. IBR is a bias source, and is therefore not credible.
  2. Obama's tax plan would be better for the middle and poor class
  3. Trumptman is a teacher, and therefore poor, and therefore would benifit by Obama's tax plan :-)
post #69 of 216
Quote:

Perhaps, but the very fact that the source is very clearly not neutral discredits it immediately.

Wrong.

Quote:

Bozo the Clown may have the right facts and arguments, but no one is going to take him seriously.

That's only a problem for people who don't care about facts and logical reasoning.

Quote:

The point has not to with wether the facts and arguments are accurate, but rather to what authority the site has in presenting facts and arguments.

Wrong again. It's the facts that matter most. The source is secondary, at best.
post #70 of 216
Quote:

That's only a problem for people who don't care about facts and logical reasoning.

Which is most people it seems, including yourself you completely ignored the facts I presented.
post #71 of 216
Quote:

Which is most people it seems, including yourself you completely ignored the facts I presented.

What facts? You've simply dismissed the posted article because of the source.
post #72 of 216

post #73 of 216
Quote:

If I'm only given half the data or half the facts going in, which is what all op-ed pieces are to begin with, then I'm not even going to give it the time of day.

Oh, and MO always is more informative, than whatever it is that they are not saying.

It's like saying, forget all that you have learned in the past, ignore all that, and relearn everything over and over, again and again, ad infinitum ad nauseum.

Let's just make everything nice and tidy, like some form of rigerous objective debate, which is itself an oxymoron.

Just sequentially scrool through all the IBD political cartoons, you'd have to be a 45853 not to get their POV.
post #74 of 216
Quote:

Read three posts up.

post #75 of 216
Quote:

Quote:

Perhaps, but the very fact that the source is very clearly not neutral discredits it immediately. Bozo the Clown may have the right facts and arguments, but no one is going to take him seriously. The point has not to with wether the facts and arguments are accurate, but rather to what authority the site has in presenting facts and arguments. I'm very confident you could find liberal crap sites that say the exact opposite of that site.

And finally, to disprove IBR with facts, a credible, neutral source:

So let's review what I've proved:
  1. IBR is a bias source, and is therefore not credible.
  2. Obama's tax plan would be better for the middle and poor class
  3. Trumptman is a teacher, and therefore poor, and therefore would benifit by Obama's tax plan :-)

You were saying...?
post #76 of 216
Quote:

You were saying...?

Sorry, I missed that. You must have edited your post after I replied and I didn't see it. I'll pay you the courtesy of reading the article. I wonder if you'll do the same with the article you dismissed out of hand.
post #77 of 216
Quote:

Sorry, I missed that. You must have edited your post after I replied and I didn't see it. I'll pay you the courtesy of reading the article. I wonder if you'll do the same with the article you dismissed out of hand.

While it's true I did dismiss it, I did actually read the article, and additionally, I read a few other unrelated articles to judge the site's bias. I'm not as shallow as it may seem.
post #78 of 216
Quote:

While it's true I did dismiss it, I did actually read the article, and additionally, I read a few other unrelated articles to judge the site's bias. I'm not as shallow as it may seem.

So now I am sure you will explain the fascinating criteria you use to determine that IBD is biased while the Chicago Sun Times re-reporting is neutral.

post #79 of 216
Quote:

So now I am sure you will explain the fascinating criteria you use to determine that IBD is biased while the Chicago Sun Times re-reporting is neutral.

I'm sure we can easily find you a pro-McCain story in Chicago Sun Times.

Please. Find one pro-Obama story in IBD.

Biased.
post #80 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

I'm sure we can easily find you a pro-McCain story in Chicago Sun Times.

Please. Find one pro-Obama story in IBD.

Biased.

If IBD covered the full spectrum of news, you might be right but since it is limited to investment news, Obama is decidedly bad news there and that is objectively true.

Still, you asked and shall receive.

Here is one where they rip the Corsi book.

Look in the corner and what do you see.. a left/right button.

Now you and others stop killing the messenger and start looking at messages.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › It's the Obama Photo and Caption Thread!