or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Obama's New Logo - He's Already President
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Obama's New Logo - He's Already President

post #1 of 105
Thread Starter 
And who could blame him? He has to use whatever advantages he has.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply
post #2 of 105


Barack Obama is playing a mind game with you. He is trying to convince you that the election is over and that he's already president.

For reference, here's the seal of the President of the United States



Instead of "E Pluribus Unum" (Out Of Many, One) it says "Vero Possumus" (Yes, We Can)

Is the stealth Muslim trying to be the stealth president? STAY TUNED TO FIND OUT!
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
post #3 of 105
Wait.... you noticed Obama isn't president yet?

Man, what a f*cking racist you are Grove. I mean what other motivation could you have in noticing this?

There are no legitimate criticisms of Obama, only people who have chosen fear.

Why....why do you choose fear Groverat?

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #4 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by groverat View Post



Barack Obama is playing a mind game with you. He is trying to convince you that the election is over and that he's already president.

For reference, here's the seal of the President of the United States



Instead of "E Pluribus Unum" (Out Of Many, One) it says "Vero Possumus" (Yes, We Can)

Is the stealth Muslim trying to be the stealth president? STAY TUNED TO FIND OUT!

Shit, were did you find that sinister picture of black hands moving in to throttle the eagle of freedom?

Even scarier, "Vero Possumus" actually means "kill whitey while he sleeps." The balls on this guy.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #5 of 105
Pretty clever stuff.

What are those behind McCain's "darth vader" logo and "lime green jello and cottage cheese" campaign marketing efforts up to these days? They outsource the design to Halliburton? The Obama design team boys and girls are thoroughly outclassing him.
post #6 of 105
I think that seal is kind of dorky. It makes Obama look like he's on an SNL skit.
post #7 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydo View Post

I think that seal is kind of dorky. It makes Obama look like he's on an SNL skit.

You would dislike it.
post #8 of 105
Horrors! Subliminal messages being used in a Presidential campaign!! Next thing you know, PACs will start making smear ads on TV...oh, wait....

\
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
Reply
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
Reply
post #9 of 105
That's the opposite of a subliminal message because it's not sub your liminals.
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
post #10 of 105
Also, it's a really cool looking seal.
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
post #11 of 105
*checks groverat's sarcasm detector for bad batteries*



It is nifty looking, I agree!
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
Reply
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
Reply
post #12 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

You would dislike it.

Any normal person would. Obama is so over concerned with image that people will start to wonder where the substance is.
post #13 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydo View Post

Any normal person would. Obama is so over concerned with image that people will start to wonder where the substance is.

I highly doubt it.

They might question where the beef is, but not because of his campaign logos. That's just ridiculous.
post #14 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

I highly doubt it.

They might question where the beef is, but not because of his campaign logos. That's just ridiculous.

Or kicking the muslim women out or the "fight the smears" site or the mass produced hand made signs or the genuine imitation faux seal.
post #15 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydo View Post

Or kicking the muslim women out or the "fight the smears" site or the mass produced hand made signs or the genuine imitation faux seal.

Obama should be very concerned with voters' perceptions of him.

Any realistic presidential candidate would. I don't think a Bush-esque "I don't watch the polls" attitude is necessarily advantageous for Democrats given Kerry's aggressive swiftboating. Democrats don't have the luxury of insouciance. Nope, they have to fight back aggressively and be extra-vigilante with managing the perceptions of voters. I think the only objection in this case is that Obama's campaign materials may come off as "too slick." Obama himself voiced that objection:

Quote:
Mr. Obama was not thrilled with a campaign slogan, Change We Can Believe In, that was unveiled last September. And he did not initially like the campaigns blue and white logo intended to appear like a horizon, symbolizing hope and opportunity saying he found it too polished and corporate.

He made his concern clear, but said, We have bigger fish to fry here, recalled David Axelrod, the campaigns chief strategist who was behind the logos design. Thats one of his talents, his ability to distinguish between things that are absolutely essential and things that arent. Hell give you some latitude based on your expertise.

But, you know, I think it ultimately helps establish the Obama "brand" better in the minds of voters.
post #16 of 105
Yeah, it's another Republican twofer: if you give us anything at all to work with we will fucking crucify you-- but it you're careful to avoid giving us opportunities we'll crucify you anyway, for being too controlling and inauthentic.

If there'd been Muslim women in scarves sitting behind Obama we'd still be hearing about it, about how Obama's base are Muslim extremists, how he was signaling tacit approval for the takeover, just like what's happening in Europe.

And the same people that are so very dismayed by the one would have been shrieking about the other, so ya'll? Go fuck yourselves.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #17 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

You would dislike it.

I actually think it looks dumb. I also think it's kind of tasteless to change the seal like that. Mydo is right...he does look like he's on an SNL skit.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #18 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I actually think it looks dumb. I also think it's kind of tasteless to change the seal like that. Mydo is right...he does look like he's on an SNL skit.

... either of you two would be making the same statements if this was McInsane's seal. I highly doubt it, in fact I can say that p = 1.0, that you would defend McInsane's seal.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #19 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I actually think it looks dumb. I also think it's kind of tasteless to change the seal like that. Mydo is right...he does look like he's on an SNL skit.


Yeah! Kind of a foreshadowing of things to come huh?
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #20 of 105
SDW2001:

How do you feel about flag pins?
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
post #21 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Shit, were did you find that sinister picture of black hands moving in to throttle the eagle of freedom?

Even scarier, "Vero Possumus" actually means "kill whitey while he sleeps." The balls on this guy.

Oh I thought that black dude was just trying to steal it.
post #22 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

Oh I thought that black dude was just trying to steal it.

Hey, that gives me an idea: Obama should have the presidential seal done up in gold and wear it on a huge gold chain around his neck for the inauguration. So, right off the bat, a goodly percentage of his political opposition burst into flame, making it all the easier for him to surrender to al Qaeda. (His terms? "Take the white people first.")
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #23 of 105
post #24 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Hey, that gives me an idea: Obama should have the presidential seal done up in gold and wear it on a huge gold chain around his neck for the inauguration. So, right off the bat, a goodly percentage of his political opposition burst into flame, making it all the easier for him to surrender to al Qaeda. (His terms? "Take the white people first.")

[CENTER][/CENTER]
post #25 of 105
Omg...
post #26 of 105
Yes! Yes, yes, yes! Now, imagine him heading over to the Middle East for a little "negotiating", in that outfit and with that entourage. Suddenly, America goes from hated empire to most super awesome country, ever.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #27 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

[CENTER][/CENTER]

I like it!
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
Reply
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
Reply
post #28 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

... either of you two would be making the same statements if this was McInsane's seal. I highly doubt it, in fact I can say that p = 1.0, that you would defend McInsane's seal.

I find it highly offensive that you would pervert McCain's name. I mean, we are all so offended about Obama and the Baby Mama controversy, so I miht as well be offended about this. I bet this group won't like it either.

Also, I love how you preemptively accuse me of having a double standard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Yeah! Kind of a foreshadowing of things to come huh?

Really...jimmac. Please learn and use the English language.

Foreshadowing


and

Quote:
In language, redundancy is the use of duplicative, unnecessary or useless wording. Some people expand the definition to include self-contradictory wording.

Redundancy typically takes the form of tautology: phrases that repeat a meaning with different words. Common examples are: "a variety of different", "an added bonus", "to over-exaggerate", "and plus", "and etc.", "end result", "free gift", "future plans", "hot water heater", "unconfirmed rumor", "killed him dead", "past history", "safe haven", "potential hazard", "completely surrounded", "false pretense". There is also the self-referential joke "organization" called "The Redundancy Society of Redundancy", also rendered as "Society of Redundancy Society".



Quote:
Originally Posted by groverat View Post

SDW2001:

How do you feel about flag pins?

Assuming you're serious, I don't care about that on its own. I have plenty of others reasons to dislike Obama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

[CENTER][/CENTER]

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #29 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I find it highly offensive that you would pervert McCain's name. I mean, we are all so offended about Obama and the Baby Mama controversy, so I miht as well be offended about this. I bet this group won't like it either.

You really have gone over the deep end haven't you.
post #30 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I find it highly offensive that you would pervert McCain's name.

Yes, it's completely juvenille. Of course that means it's simply torn from our playbook. Republicans have been using grade school insults and stupid name calling for the last decade. Just tune to any conservative talk show to have an ear full.

That the democrats are now playing this same idiotic game is expected given how irrationally effective it has been.

You don't like Obama. So what? YOU don't matter. This race will be decided by the independents...not the hardcore religious right nutjobs.
post #31 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinea View Post

Yes, it's completely juvenille. Of course that means it's simply torn from our playbook. Republicans have been using grade school insults and stupid name calling for the last decade. Just tune to any conservative talk show to have an ear full.

That the democrats are now playing this same idiotic game is expected given how irrationally effective it has been.

You don't like Obama. So what? YOU don't matter. This race will be decided by the independents...not the hardcore religious right nutjobs.

Well... he's not religious, but he's a hardcore right nutjob.

Actually I take that back. I don't think he really is. What he is is a devoted, fully manipulable Republican water carrier. A Rovean dream voter.
post #32 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I find it highly offensive that you would pervert McCain's name. I mean, we are all so offended about Obama and the Baby Mama controversy, so I miht as well be offended about this. I bet this group won't like it either.

Also, I love how you preemptively accuse me of having a double standard.



Really...jimmac. Please learn and use the English language.

Foreshadowing


and







Assuming you're serious, I don't care about that on its own. I have plenty of others reasons to dislike Obama.



So are you trying to say that " Foreshadowing " isn't a term used as a comparison in real life? You have an extremely limited view of the english lanuage if that's true.

And what's wrong with McLame? How is that any different from some of the things you've said in the past?

Your arguments are really getting worse SDW.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #33 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinea View Post

You don't like Obama. So what? YOU don't matter. This race will be decided by the independents...not the hardcore religious right nutjobs.

One thing I do know is SDW isn't a religious right nut-job. Far as I remember, he's never used jeebus for argument's sake.
post #34 of 105
To Clear Up the Language Thingy:

E Pluribus Unim is Latin, Meaning "Out of Many, One." (I'm hoping you knew that)
Vero Possumus is also latin.
Vero is an Adverb, Meaning Truly or In Truth. Possumus is the 1st Person Plural Form of the Verb Posum, wich means I am Able (Ist Person Singular). Therefore, Possumus means "We are able"

Now, What does this mean? Well if you put those two words together, You get Truly, We are Able. This does closely resemble Yes We Can, But It's not the Same.
post #35 of 105
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samnuva View Post

To Clear Up the Language Thingy:

E Pluribus Unim is Latin, Meaning "Out of Many, One." (I'm hoping you knew that)
Vero Possumus is also latin.
Vero is an Adverb, Meaning Truly or In Truth. Possumus is the 1st Person Plural Form of the Verb Posum, wich means I am Able (Ist Person Singular). Therefore, Possumus means "We are able"

Now, What does this mean? Well if you put those two words together, You get Truly, We are Able. This does closely resemble Yes We Can, But It's not the Same.

Should be good enough to win over the ancient Roman vote.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply
post #36 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

You really have gone over the deep end haven't you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinea View Post

Yes, it's completely juvenille. Of course that means it's simply torn from our playbook. Republicans have been using grade school insults and stupid name calling for the last decade. Just tune to any conservative talk show to have an ear full.

That the democrats are now playing this same idiotic game is expected given how irrationally effective it has been.

You don't like Obama. So what? YOU don't matter. This race will be decided by the independents...not the hardcore religious right nutjobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Well... he's not religious, but he's a hardcore right nutjob.

Actually I take that back. I don't think he really is. What he is is a devoted, fully manipulable Republican water carrier. A Rovean dream voter.

I was joking.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #37 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

So are you trying to say that " Foreshadowing " isn't a term used as a comparison in real life? You have an extremely limited view of the english lanuage if that's true.

And what's wrong with McLame? How is that any different from some of the things you've said in the past?

Your arguments are really getting worse SDW.

Wait..you don't understand why I took issue with what you posted? It's much, much worse than I thought.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #38 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Should be good enough to win over the ancient Roman vote.



We can add them to the list with the dead Native American vote.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
"Stand Up for Chuck"
Reply
post #39 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post


Where is McCain's flag pin?
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
Reply
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
Reply
post #40 of 105
Symbolism is what the globalists are known for...

Surely Obama will be the next champion for the globalists when you compare his "stuff" to the lack of "stuff" McCain and co are putting out there.

Take a look at these symbols

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LElj...eature=related

Tin foil stuff I know but entertaining none the less..

Fellows
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Obama's New Logo - He's Already President