or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Things this cool can't possibly be free

Things this cool can't possibly be free

post #1 of 16
So.. if it is free and cool post it here.

Free and cool.. Hulu.com which I discovered has EVERY episode of Arrested Development available for viewing.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #2 of 16
Yep, but limited selection.

Only so many times you can watch Point Break...
post #3 of 16
Hulu.com
Fancast.com (largely the same selection)
sho.com (Weeds, Dexter, etc. They bleep the cusswords)
PBS's Frontline
also http://abc.go.com/
also http://www.scifi.com/
also http://www.nbc.com/#

This is why I have a compy hooked up to my TV. I'm going to have to build a faster one, though, for full-screen viewing.

There's also Netflix, but it's not free.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #4 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

This is why I have a compy hooked up to my TV. I'm going to have to build a faster one, though, for full-screen viewing..

That's what a MacMini is for
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
post #5 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

That's what a MacMini is for

If Netflix worked with the Mac, that's what I'd do. For now, I'm using a $40 P4/1.6 ghz. Next month I'm going to build a 2.2 ghz dual core PC.
post #6 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnj View Post

yep, But Limited Selection.
Only So Many Times You Can Watch Point Break...

Omfg You Mean I Can Watch Point Break For Free Whenever I Want For However Long! Scoreeee!!!
post #7 of 16
FFS United States Only. How Dumb Are These Tv And Movie People !!! What The HECK.
post #8 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

FFS United States Only. How Dumb Are These Tv And Movie People !!! What The HECK.

Well, there is a need to dumb down the masses before the elections...
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
post #9 of 16
How do you say "FFS" and "heck" in the same sentence without your head exploding?
post #10 of 16
How did your head not explode when you noticed his sentence Had Every Word Capitalized As Well As In Bold?
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood View Post

How did your head not explode when you noticed his sentence Had Every Word Capitalized As Well As In Bold?

I just figured he was probably Canadian.
post #12 of 16
Does using the word "heck" automatically associate you with being Canadian?
post #13 of 16
I was trying explicitly not to write expletives. ...No I am not Canadian. For some reason I didn't want to say "Hell".
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by talksense101 View Post

Well, there is a need to dumb down the masses before the elections...

How much dumber can they get? What will it take, oil at $500 a barrel?
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

I was trying explicitly not to write expletives. ...No I am not Canadian. For some reason I didn't want to say "Hell".

No doubt it was your inner Canadian.
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

No doubt it was your inner Canadian.

Yes. My Winnipeg.
http://yourwinnipeg.co.uk/
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Things this cool can't possibly be free