or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › O2 Pay & Go iPhones start at £299, make data optional
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

O2 Pay & Go iPhones start at £299, make data optional

post #1 of 64
Thread Starter 
Apple's exclusive iPhone carrier in the UK announced Wednesday that its Pay & Go customers can purchase a new iPhone 3G without a monthly contract for just 299 euro, but that data use isn't guaranteed with the plans.

"The new 3G 8GB iPhone for Pay & Go will be available for £299.99 and 16GB for £359.99," O2 said in a statement on its tariffs website, with normal calls costing 5p per minute.

Those who spend a minimum amount filling their accounts with call times can also choose from any one of several plans that add "free" features on top of their normal calls. Customers spending between £10 to £14 per month can add 500 minutes of bonus calling time whenever they call from a registered postcode, such as their homes or offices; they can alternately choose a text package that adds 300 SMS messages within the UK, an evenings and weekends package that adds 50 minutes regardless of area, an unlimited O2-to-O2 SMS package, or 100 minutes of international calling from the UK.

Those spending more get additional time, culminating in a £30 minimum that either gives unlimited calls from a specific location and between O2 users, unlimited UK messages, 300 evening and weekend minutes, and 200 international minutes. Most of the plans are only available through O2's online store.



Those prices include unlimited browsing and Wi-Fi for the first six months after customers activate the phone, but are discontinued after the initial period. Customers will afterwards need to spend an extra £10 per month beyond their prepaid voice to maintain the unlimited data access.

At the end of the six months, O2 says it will notify customers at the end of the six month period by text, which will allow them to easily unsubscribe if they choose to do so. Data roaming is allowed but costs as much as £3 per megabyte in European Union nations and £6 elsewhere.

O2 doesn't say whether the Pay As You Go options will be available outside of its official outlets but may depend more heavily on these than on contract signups for its sales: a company official has warned that Apple retail stores may be forced to offer prepaid iPhones without the infrastructure in place to process contract subscribers.
post #2 of 64
I wish the iPhone's US carrier AT&T come up with such a pre paid plan. I'm ready to pay more money upfront instead of signing up a contract with any wireless carrier. I've a pre paid phone I got from T-Mobile and I get 500+ minutes for $50. Those minutes last for 3 months easily for me. I use cell phone only when its necessary. For people like me, pre paid cards works best. No contract. No monthly wireless bills. No need to track ur minutes around the end of billing cycle.. Imagine getting a top of the line phone along with a worry-free mobile service. And use the Wi-Fi to get online.. Its no secret that Wi-Fi browsing is faster than 3G.
post #3 of 64
So the unsubsidised, retail price of the phone is over $600. Where are all the morons who told me I was pulling figures out the air when I suggested this two weeks ago? They wouldn't know analysis if it chased them down the street and bit them on the arse.

I still can't understand why people keep on referring to the retail price of the phone at $199 when it's clearly not.
post #4 of 64
So if you call from home or work (registered) OK but anywhere else how much does it cost. Also what does brower or WIFI actually mean? Confused from N16.
post #5 of 64
Pretty good from O2, I believe. 300 UK texts + £10 call credit would suit me just fine, especially with 5p calls.

Also @ iDaq, the word "brower" isn't in the article, and WIFI is the term used for a wireless local network, such as internet access in a Starbucks.
post #6 of 64
why don`t they just work out a fair plan, without all the traps.
I can upgrade to the new 3G phonr for just £10 per month, and pass on my v1 iphone to my daughter
as a pay as you go. seeing this plan she may as well forgo the visual voice mail and sign up for a standard plan with any other provieder.
post #7 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by merdhead View Post

So the unsubsidised, retail price of the phone is over $600. Where are all the morons who told me I was pulling figures out the air when I suggested this two weeks ago? They wouldn't know analysis if it chased them down the street and bit them on the arse.

I still can't understand why people keep on referring to the retail price of the phone at $199 when it's clearly not.

I think that there is going to be a great deal of disappointed people out there who don't follow these forums, and just don't understand that the retail price is in fact going to be much greater than they thought. $199 with a contract, probably $600 + without? I haven't heard wether or not the phone is even available without a contract in the US, though I'm guessing by law, it has to be? \
post #8 of 64
The Free Data + WiFi for 6 months is something I wasn't expected and it is nice. It seems O2 is doing their best to make the iPhone a real success in the UK.

I know it's to get customers hooked on data, but 6 months is a pretty long time.
post #9 of 64
A no-data plan would be a great option for many, if not MOST people. An iPod Touch is still a useful Internet device, even with nothing but WiFi. A voice-only iPhone would be the same.

I hope they offer no-data options in the US. I'd be tempted.
post #10 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogerman2000 View Post

I think that there is going to be a great deal of disappointed people out there who don't follow these forums, and just don't understand that the retail price is in fact going to be much greater than they thought. $199 with a contract, probably $600 + without?

There won't be any disappointed people. Everyone in the US buys a cell phone with a contract. The tiny percentage who don't are chalked up (accurately) as the sliver of the population who are not happy about anything that has to do with withdrawals from their wallet.
post #11 of 64
Fucking Apple is really screwing U.S. purchasers buy wedding us to the evil empire. I freaking hate the death star. Europeans are so much more advance than us with their wireless technology and unteathered freedom when it comes to carrier choice.
post #12 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie852 View Post

Fucking Apple is really screwing U.S. purchasers buy wedding us to the evil empire. I freaking hate the death star. Europeans are so much more advance than us with their wireless technology and unteathered freedom when it comes to carrier choice.

$600 will buy you a simlocked iphone from O2.

Haven't you learned anything from the iphone launch in Europe 6 months ago --- Europeans were stuck to the same simlocked iphone as Americans did.
post #13 of 64
Man, you guys in the UK have it good. These are plans we could only dream about here in Germany. Unlimited data for 10 pounds! We have to pay 35 euros (almost 30 pounds) for that privilege! And 5p (7c) calls are unheard of - minimum here is 9c, and with the big carriers, that's only when you spend around 50 euros a month.. crazy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogerman2000 View Post

I haven't heard wether or not the phone is even available without a contract in the US, though I'm guessing by law, it has to be? \

Was the first iPhone sold without a contract? That answers your question in regards to the law.
post #14 of 64
I dont see any price plans on the page after I hit the link in the post, am I the only one or O2 has pull the details down?
post #15 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronj View Post

There won't be any disappointed people. Everyone in the US buys a cell phone with a contract. The tiny percentage who don't are chalked up (accurately) as the sliver of the population who are not happy about anything that has to do with withdrawals from their wallet.

Accurately? Perhaps they are also people who don't make enough use of the phone to justify an expensive contract. I put no more than £30 per year onto my pay-as-you-go phone - does that make me some kind of skinflint by your criteria, or just someone who has no need of a contract?
My Android phone is the worst phone I've ever owned.
Reply
My Android phone is the worst phone I've ever owned.
Reply
post #16 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightlie View Post

Accurately? Perhaps they are also people who don't make enough use of the phone to justify an expensive contract. I put no more than £30 per year onto my pay-as-you-go phone - does that make me some kind of skinflint by your criteria, or just someone who has no need of a contract?

In 2007 I spent £15 topping up my Orange phone. So far in 2008 I've already spent £15 topping up my phone. Oh God I must cut down on this extravagance right now!

I also get 1825 free Texts a year with this phone because in 2005 I bought from Sainsbury's a £25 Text Card that they actually sold for £2.50. This entitles you to 5 free Texts per day for 1 Year.
Fortunately for me Orange have never stopped the offer and I have continued to get these free Texts 2 and a half years later.

The iPhone is very Tempting and Desirable as a pay-as-you-go phone but my Sony Ericsson k800i and 16 GB iPod Touch with it's £4 per month 'The Cloud' Wi-fi connection are enough for my needs.
post #17 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by samab View Post

$600 will buy you a simlocked iphone from O2.

Haven't you learned anything from the iphone launch in Europe 6 months ago --- Europeans were stuck to the same simlocked iphone as Americans did.


I do not think this is the case now. It appears here in Finland that the iPhones have to be sold unlocked. But they are still part of a contract. Sonera has not released much info but my friends say that they will be unlocked, and the prices should be around 250/350 Euro respectively for the 8/16 gig models.
post #18 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutcho View Post

Man, you guys in the UK have it good. These are plans we could only dream about here in Germany. Unlimited data for 10 pounds! We have to pay 35 euros (almost 30 pounds) for that privilege! And 5p (7c) calls are unheard of - minimum here is 9c, and with the big carriers, that's only when you spend around 50 euros a month.. crazy..



Was the first iPhone sold without a contract? That answers your question in regards to the law.

They have it even better here in Finland. I pay 9 Euros, all I can eat data. You can get a quality of service package for a bit more, and there are NO caps on the data. Unlimited here means truly unlimted.
post #19 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeasar View Post

I dont see any price plans on the page after I hit the link in the post, am I the only one or O2 has pull the details down?

According to MacRumors the details were posted on the O2 website and then taken down again. Presumably someone at O2 made a mistake and posted the prices too early. I had a look on the O2 website and it still says that the prices are 'coming soon'. Hopefully these prices are correct as they look good value to me.
post #20 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapporobaby View Post

They have it even better here in Finland. I pay 9 Euros, all I can eat data. You can get a quality of service package for a bit more, and there are NO caps on the data. Unlimited here means truly unlimted.

It does here too -- on the iPhone anyway. There was a bit of outcry when they announced "unlimited (fair use 200MB)", so they backtracked and said there were no limits at all.

Amorya
post #21 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutcho View Post

Was the first iPhone sold without a contract? That answers your question in regards to the law.

The first iPhone was sold with a carrier lock, but as you walked out of the store in the USA, you had not yet entered into any contractual obligation to pay AT&T one further cent. You entered into a service contract later on, in the comfort of your own home, via iTunes during activation. Until you went through the activation process, you were the proud owner of a $300 paperweight, but there was no service contract.

So strictly speaking, your first example doesn't actually answer the question of whether or not it is legal in the USA to make the sale of a product contingent on the purchase of a separate, ongoing service contract.

From the information we've received so far, it appears that the new 3G iPhone cannot be bought in the USA unless you allow AT&T to subsidize a portion of the retail price and you simultaneously enter into a service contract with AT&T. If that's actually true, then in Apple/AT&T's opinion, the practice is legal.
post #22 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Customers spending between £10 to £14 per month can add 500 minutes of bonus calling time whenever they call from a registered postcode, such as their homes or offices;

So, I wonder how many postcode locations you can register? and how you do so?

If so I'll register home (it's also my office), the pub, the cafe...

If they only allow two, then can't you just ring them up and change locations when you want?

I suspect I'll just go for the free texts though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Those prices include unlimited browsing and Wi-Fi for the first six months after customers activate the phone, but are discontinued after the initial period. Customers will afterwards need to spend an extra £10 per month beyond their prepaid voice to maintain the unlimited data access.

Nice bonus.

So, that means that if you spend £10 a month PAYG and get free data, then £20 a month, an 8GB iPhone will cost £599 over 18 months. That's cheaper than the £30 a month contract tariff that comes in at £639.

If you're not bothered about data and don't use it much for outgoing calls then you're on a winner even if you have to occasionally add a tenner to get data free when you want it.

Totally sold. No contract. No silly credit check fuck ups and the price is ok.
post #23 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeasar View Post

I dont see any price plans on the page after I hit the link in the post, am I the only one or O2 has pull the details down?

I can't see them anywhere either. The prices listed look the same as O2's normal pay as you go price plan but if you compare the contract prices the iPhone has a £10 premium (presumably for all those extra "free" features). Im wondering if the tariffs air either wrong and the normal page had got linked to by mistake or they've decided that there wont be any way of stopping customers just sticking a normal pay as you go sim chip in the phone and therefor have to offer the normal prices.

Sounding good to me, I was having a hard time trying to justify the extra monthly price and 18 month contract for something that im mostly going to use to send a couple of text messages a day.
post #24 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogerman2000 View Post

I think that there is going to be a great deal of disappointed people out there who don't follow these forums, and just don't understand that the retail price is in fact going to be much greater than they thought. $199 with a contract, probably $600 + without? I haven't heard wether or not the phone is even available without a contract in the US, though I'm guessing by law, it has to be? \

I think becuase of Apple's new wholesale model and unsubed, unlocked phone is a matter of time. Some people just don't like contracts (like me). I have to assume the full retail price will be close to $1000 given that the wholesale price seems to be about $500 and retail is usually 50%. But this is electronics so I can imagine it will be in the range of $700-900, much like the N95.
post #25 of 64
So they clearly don't want people to buy it on pay-as-you-go then!!
A reputation is not built upon the restful domain of one's comfort zone; it is made out of stalwart exposition of your core beliefs, for all challenges to disprove them as irrelevant hubris.- Berp...
Reply
A reputation is not built upon the restful domain of one's comfort zone; it is made out of stalwart exposition of your core beliefs, for all challenges to disprove them as irrelevant hubris.- Berp...
Reply
post #26 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapporobaby View Post

I do not think this is the case now. It appears here in Finland that the iPhones have to be sold unlocked. But they are still part of a contract. Sonera has not released much info but my friends say that they will be unlocked, and the prices should be around 250/350 Euro respectively for the 8/16 gig models.

Carriers in Finland cannot simlock GSM phones by law, but they can simlock 3G phones.
post #27 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by samab View Post

Carriers in Finland cannot simlock GSM phones by law, but they can simlock 3G phones.

True, but Finnish carriers must, upon completion of the contract provide SIM a unlocking service with no fee, and must continue to offer that free service for at least 2 years following the termination of the contract. The contract itself must not exceed two years, and it must be possible to terminate the contract early with 2 weeks' notice if the subscriber's financial situation changes through "mostly no fault of his or her own".

http://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/kaannok...en20030393.pdf
(Finland's Communications Market Act, Section 70 as amended for 3G phones, paragraphs 4 and 6)
post #28 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfmorrison View Post

True, but Finnish carriers must, upon completion of the contract, or at the latest after 2 years from the date of purchase, (whichever comes first) provide SIM a unlocking service with no fee.

http://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/kaannok...en20030393.pdf
(Finland's Communications Market Act, Section 70 as amended for 3G phones, paragraph 6)

Sweet catch. I was told by my friend from Sonera that if you buy out your contract, they will also unlock it on the spot. The contracts we have here in Finland between the State Department and various service venders stipulate that there be an out clause. Either way, I do not think the Finns, who are used to paying full price anyway, will go for locked phones. Many here have said already that if the phones are locked, they will stay on the shelves.
post #29 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapporobaby View Post

Sweet catch. I was told by my friend from Sonera that if you buy out your contract, they will also unlock it on the spot. The contracts we have here in Finland between the State Department and various service venders stipulate that there be an out clause. Either way, I do not think the Finns, who are used to paying full price anyway, will go for locked phones. Many here have said already that if the phones are locked, they will stay on the shelves.

If the Finns are going to buy full price unlocked iphones --- they ain't going to be priced at 250/300 euro as you suggested.

Numerous websites have said that the Italian carriers are not simlocking their PAYG iphones. I don't know if that's the truth or not because I don't speak Italian so I can't check the original news source.

So if the Finns are buying the iphone completely unlocked --- then expect to pay the Italian price.
post #30 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by samab View Post

If the Finns are going to buy full price unlocked iphones --- they ain't going to be priced at 250/300 euro as you suggested.

Numerous websites have said that the Italian carriers are not simlocking their PAYG iphones. I don't know if that's the truth or not because I don't speak Italian so I can't check the original news source.

So if the Finns are buying the iphone completely unlocked --- then expect to pay the Italian price.

I bought an N82 at the "Finnish" price so what is the difference with an iPhone? If I want it, I buy it. Very simple.
post #31 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapporobaby View Post

I bought an N82 at the "Finnish" price so what is the difference with an iPhone? If I want it, I buy it. Very simple.

Yes, it is that simple. I don't have a problem with that --- you are an adult and you can buy whatever you want.

What I have problems with is that your price projection in Finland --- is based on the UK PAYG iphone price, but the PAYG iphone in UK is simlocked.

You can't have it both ways. Either accept the UK price as the base in Finland and expect a simlocked iphone in Finland. Or accept the Italian price as the base in Finland and expect a unlocked iphone in Finland.
post #32 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by samab View Post

Yes, it is that simple. I don't have a problem with that --- you are an adult and you can buy whatever you want.

What I have problems with is that your price projection in Finland --- is based on the UK PAYG iphone price, but the PAYG iphone in UK is simlocked.

You can't have it both ways. Either accept the UK price as the base in Finland and expect a simlocked iphone in Finland. Or accept the Italian price as the base in Finland and expect a unlocked iphone in Finland.

Uhhhh. I really do not want to go down this road so this will be my last post in regards to this. Let's look at the facts. I said a "friend" told me this. I did not say I made the prices. I passed on a piece of info that seems to have given you pause, and for all intent purposes, has you annoyed, confused, perplexed, unhappy, etc... I am not really sure of your emotions, but from what you say, you have a problem with those price projections. What do you propose to do about this? You can call: +358 20401 and let them know how you feel. I am not really sure what I can do for you. For me it is simple as this. Either way my phone comes, I have friends that will unlock it at Sonera. So... I will get an iPhone for as cheap as possible without a simlock. You make the mistake of telling me I can not have it both ways, but it looks like I will. Your argument is rather moot in that you are forcing me to accept your way of thinking, but you don't seem to get this. I don't have to accept anything unless I choose to.

Dude, I am not trying to sound hard, but you need to take a look at what you wrote about me having to accept this and that. Take a Mulligan and do it over if you like.
post #33 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapporobaby View Post

Uhhhh. I really do not want to go down this road so this will be my last post in regards to this. Let's look at the facts. I said a "friend" told me this. I did not say I made the prices. I passed on a piece of info that seems to have given you pause, and for all intent purposes, has you annoyed, confused, perplexed, unhappy, etc... I am not really sure of your emotions, but from what you say, you have a problem with those price projections. What do you propose to do about this? You can call: +358 20401 and let them know how you feel. I am not really sure what I can do for you. For me it is simple as this. Either way my phone comes, I have friends that will unlock it at Sonera. So... I will get an iPhone for as cheap as possible without a simlock. You make the mistake of telling me I can not have it both ways, but it looks like I will. Your argument is rather moot in that you are forcing me to accept your way of thinking, but you don't seem to get this. I don't have to accept anything unless I choose to.

Dude, I am not trying to sound hard, but you need to take a look at what you wrote about me having to accept this and that. Take a Mulligan and do it over if you like.

If I accept your argument --- then the only way you can do it is because you have a friend who is working for a Finnish carrier who is willing to break a few internal coporate rules to unlock the phone for you.

Why don't you ask your friend how much money to get out of iphone contract? If they don't have ETF then you have to pay the rest of the contract.

Your argument is rather moot that it only works if you have a friend who is an insider who can slip you the unlocking code.
post #34 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by samab View Post

If I accept your argument --- then the only way you can do it is because you have a friend who is working for a Finnish carrier who is willing to break a few internal coporate rules to unlock the phone for you.

Why don't you ask your friend how much money to get out of iphone contract? If they don't have ETF then you have to pay the rest of the contract.

Your argument is rather moot that it only works if you have a friend who is an insider who can slip you the unlocking code.

1. Go back to post #17 and point out where I said I am making the pricing policy. You are arguing with a ghost. I said, and will say again, and hopefully you will understand it this time. My friend told me this. He could be wrong. The pricing could be lower, higher, free give aways. Who knows for sure. It was what he told me, and either way I could not care less.

2. You seem to think that I care if you accept an argument that I never put forth. This argument only exists in your mind. I never said the words in the way you are trying to attribute to me. If he is willing to unlock a phone for me this is my biz and his problem, but you seem a bit jealous by me having this option.

3. I don't have to ask my friend how money to get out of the iPhone contract. I DON'T CARE. I just don't. I already know that I will not have to pay full price for the contract. I hope this is clear by now.

4. Once again, you ascribe and argument to me that I never started. You seem to not understand that I never said any of this is based on fact but on what a friend told me. It is yours to believe or not believe. Once again, I don't care.

By the way, I know I said I would not go down this road to no where but I did. I hope that we are clearer than clear on this. If you have a problem with the pricing models that could or could not be true, please, please, please call Sonera and tell them how you feel. I am sure they will be interested in what you have to say. Make sure you mention that you have it on good authority that someone will have their iPhone unlocked (if it is locked) without paying the full price, or contract subscription, or whatever. Let em know what's on your mind.
post #35 of 64
I think you are the one arguing with a ghost. Start from my comment #12.

I said $600 iphone from O2 is simlocked. I said Finland doesn't have anti-simlocking laws on 3G phones. I said that Italian carriers (according to unconfirmed news reports) that they are selling unlocked PAYG iphones for a price that is higher that the $600 simlocked PAYG O2 iphone.

All my comments are factually correct. Why are you arguing with them?
post #36 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by samab View Post

I think you are the one arguing with a ghost. Start from my comment #12.

I said $600 iphone from O2 is simlocked. I said Finland doesn't have anti-simlocking laws on 3G phones. I said that Italian carriers (according to unconfirmed news reports) that they are selling unlocked PAYG iphones for a price that is higher that the $600 simlocked PAYG O2 iphone.

All my comments are factually correct. Why are you arguing with them?

Someone corrected and explained things to you in post #27. I simply complemented on his post. You then jumped on my post complementing him. You then started to tell me that I have to accept your premise about unconfirmed new reports. Then you seemed to get annoyed because I guess you will have to abide by a contract and I will not have to. So be it. All of the pricing are speculative because why, wait for it, because I put forth the caveat that my friend said so. This would make him about as credible as your unconfirmed new sources. The only fact that I have is that I will not have to worry about if my iPhone is locked or unlocked. It was you that had a problem with the quoted, unconfirmed Finnish prices, not me. I gave you a phone number to call to express your displeasure about this. I do notice how you tend to move the goal posts when confronted with your own words, but that's okay. I am truly done with this.

The gentleman in Finland yields the remainder of his minutes to the floor. Go nuts.
post #37 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapporobaby View Post

Someone corrected and explained things to you in post #27. I simply complemented on his post. You then jumped on my post complementing him. You then started to tell me that I have to accept your premise about unconfirmed new reports. Then you seemed to get annoyed because I guess you will have to abide by a contract and I will not have to. So be it. All of the pricing are speculative because why, wait for it, because I put forth the caveat that my friend said so. This would make him about as credible as your unconfirmed new sources. The only fact that I have is that I will not have to worry about if my iPhone is locked or unlocked. It was you that had a problem with the quoted, unconfirmed Finnish prices, not me. I gave you a phone number to call to express your displeasure about this. I do notice how you tend to move the goal posts when confronted with your own words, but that's okay. I am truly done with this.

The gentleman in Finland yields the remainder of his minutes to the floor. Go nuts.

He didn't correct me at all. What I said was correct and he was just expanding on what I said (and giving actual source).

And you know what? Those laws aren't that useful at all. Aside from the iphone, AT&T Wireless and T-Mobile USA provide unlocking codes after 90 days for free --- without any legislation. Same old 2 year contract whether in Finland or US. Finnish laws give you a "get out of jail" card if you are sick or unemployed --- but's that's about it with the Finlish laws.

You said something about the State Department --- so I am going to assume you work for them and have a diplomatic passport. Why don't you say that I must be annoyed at you because you have diplomatic immunity and can ignore any laws in Finland?
post #38 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by samab View Post

He didn't correct me at all. What I said was correct and he was just expanding on what I said (and giving actual source).

And you know what? Those laws aren't that useful at all. Aside from the iphone, AT&T Wireless and T-Mobile USA provide unlocking codes after 90 days for free --- without any legislation. Same old 2 year contract whether in Finland or US. Finnish laws give you a "get out of jail" card if you are sick or unemployed --- but's that's about it with the Finlish laws.

You said something about the State Department --- so I am going to assume you work for them and have a diplomatic passport. Why don't you say that I must be annoyed at you because you have diplomatic immunity and can ignore any laws in Finland?

You are wrong my friend. Black passport, red passport, or even the blue ones have to obey the law. I pay parking tickets just like the Finns.
post #39 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapporobaby View Post

You are wrong my friend. Black passport, red passport, or even the blue ones have to obey the law. I pay parking tickets just like the Finns.

Of course, you should obey the law --- even if you have a diplomatic passport.

But all I hear from you is I don't care about this and I don't care about that. I don't care about the regular people paying full price for the iphone. I don't care about the regular people paying the rest of the contract in order to get out of contract. I don't care about the regular people paying for the unlocking codes.....
post #40 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by samab View Post

Of course, you should obey the law --- even if you have a diplomatic passport.

But all I hear from you is I don't care about this and I don't care about that. I don't care about the regular people paying full price for the iphone. I don't care about the regular people paying the rest of the contract in order to get out of contract. I don't care about the regular people paying for the unlocking codes.....

Well, in terms of a phone. I really don't care. It is a simple matter of: "If you do not like the price, don't buy the phone". We are not talking about world hunger, or terrorism or the price of gasoline. We are talking about a luxury item, so no, I do not care who gets one and who doesn't. Give me something that will change my life and someone else and chances are I will care, but about a phone. No. Sorry, it does not register on my "I give a crap-o-meter". If someone else was in the same position, I do not think they would care either. If you had the chance to choose between getting an unlocked iPhone for a cheap price or having to subscribe and getting the cheaper price, you would take the cheap iPhone. I am sorry but I have a hard time with your righteous indignation. Sooooo before you start to point a finger, maybe you should look at how many are coming back in your direction. There is no one here that will say: "No, no. I want to pay full price for a fully unlocked iPhone unless you will unlock them all for the publicum". Your argument rings rather hollow, and is rotted in jealousy.

Anyway, you can have a look at this as well and attribute this to me if you want.

http://www.sonera.fi/Puhelin%20ja%20liittym%E4/Hinnat
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › O2 Pay & Go iPhones start at £299, make data optional