or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › "Accessing iTune Store" - Stuck

"Accessing iTune Store" - Stuck

post #1 of 2
I have an iMac with the current version of iTunes running. There are 3 user accounts on the machine, mine (Admin), the wife, and son. iTunes works as it should for myself and my wife. My son's iTunes works fine except it won't access the iTunes store.

I have restarted iTunes, restarted the machine, deleted and reinstalled iTunes, and I can't solve the issue. Again, everything works just fine on all three accounts, except when trying to access the iTunes store on my son's account.

When I try to access the iTune store on my son's account, I get the "Accessing iTunes Store" message, then the swirly lines starts and then after a few minutes I get either an Error-4 or Error-50 message.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
post #2 of 2
Turning off parental controls "solved" the issue. However, when parental controls were turned back on, the iTunes store was again, not accessible.

I hope the next version of iTunes fixes the problem. The parental controls are one of the best features of the Mac OS.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › "Accessing iTune Store" - Stuck