or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Rogers to offer Canadians limited time $30 6GB iPhone 3G data plan
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rogers to offer Canadians limited time $30 6GB iPhone 3G data plan - Page 3

post #81 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMTL View Post

What ever happened to that $20.00 unlimited plan that was announced?

Isn't that still in effect for "selected phones", per the article you linked? If I recall correctly it's only unlimited for those specific phones and only when using Rogers portal for selected apps and sites. A sign that this would not be available for the iPhone is that it states it's not available for the BB.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #82 of 88
Quote:
Starting at 8:00 a.m., customers will be able to purchase the new iPhone 3G at special launch day events to be held at six Rogers Plus stores across: Toronto (112-10 Dundas Street East), Montreal (1015 rue St. Catherine Ouest) [...] Fido will hold a similar event at its flagship store at 1004 rue St. Catherine Ouest, Montreal.


Both sides of St. Catherine Ouest will be covered, 1015 and 1004 rue St. Catherine Ouest, Montreal.

Montreal is the only Canadian city with 2 locations for the special 8:00 AM launch event, no doubt due to the strength of Montreal based Fido.

post #83 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouragan View Post

Both sides of St. Catherine Ouest will be covered, 1015 and 1004 rue St. Catherine Ouest, Montreal.

Montreal is the only Canadian city with 2 locations for the special 8:00 AM launch event, no doubt due to the strength of Montreal based Fido.


Rumor has it there will be only 100 phones in each location
post #84 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince View Post

If they tell me that, since I've replaced 2 phones in the last year and half, I guarantee I'll be upto a supervisor, and if they REFUSE, I'll inform them that effective immediately I'm cancelling my $150 a month account of 8 years.

Yep they screwed it up......apparently reps were misinformed about the replacement process and were passing on incorrect info, but a Supervisor was able to credit me $100 on the $449 purchase price for the IPhone. SO I get it for $350, he did this based on my good payment history and the fact I pay $100 a month for my voice plan (I use lots of anytimes minutes ).

I'm very very very happy, now all I have to do is endure the frustrations of first adopters of the IPHONE, well hopefully there are no issues, but we'll see.
post #85 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMTL View Post

Rumor has it there will be only 100 phones in each location

Only 2 -16 GB and 10-8 GB at one Edmonton location I dropped by.
post #86 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince View Post

Only 2 -16 GB and 10-8 GB at one Edmonton location I dropped by.

The small Fido mall kiosk here got about a dozen. I called them at 10:30 today (they opened at 10) and they will had 3 or 4 but still have about 10 people in line. He also said the got their first restock this morning-2 units. If they trickle in like that, people that did not get the today are going to waiting a long time.

"My 8th grade math teacher once said: "You can't help it if you're dumb, you are born that way. But stupid is self inflicted."" -Hiro. 

...sometimes it's both
Reply

"My 8th grade math teacher once said: "You can't help it if you're dumb, you are born that way. But stupid is self inflicted."" -Hiro. 

...sometimes it's both
Reply
post #87 of 88
Anyone talked to them about which phones are okay to sign up for the 30 dollar plan? I've got a Shine, which is 3G but I dunno if it's considered a smartphone or not. I'd like to sign up for the 6 gig data plan and wait it out until December when I'm eligible for a hardware upgrade and there's also enough iPhones to go around.
Any insights as to the Shine would be appreciated.
post #88 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd View Post

Anyone talked to them about which phones are okay to sign up for the 30 dollar plan? I've got a Shine, which is 3G but I dunno if it's considered a smartphone or not. I'd like to sign up for the 6 gig data plan and wait it out until December when I'm eligible for a hardware upgrade and there's also enough iPhones to go around.
Any insights as to the Shine would be appreciated.

Best to call them up and ask. For sure it is available for BlackBerry.

"My 8th grade math teacher once said: "You can't help it if you're dumb, you are born that way. But stupid is self inflicted."" -Hiro. 

...sometimes it's both
Reply

"My 8th grade math teacher once said: "You can't help it if you're dumb, you are born that way. But stupid is self inflicted."" -Hiro. 

...sometimes it's both
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Rogers to offer Canadians limited time $30 6GB iPhone 3G data plan