or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple releases iTunes v7.7, Apple TV software v2.1

Apple releases iTunes v7.7, Apple TV software v2.1

post #1 of 41
Apple early Thursday morning released iTunes 7.7, which has been designed exclusively for iPhone and iPod touch models that will be running iPhone software version 2.0 or later.

iTunes 7.7

The new version of the jukebox software for
post #2 of 41
Downloading now... wondering if the 'other' developers will now have access to the new firmware as well... fingers crossed.

D
Apple Fanboy: Anyone who started liking Apple before I did!
post #3 of 41
7.7 up and running, no issues.
I don't see how an anti M$ stance can be seen as a bad thing on an Apple forum I really can't!

nagromme - According to Amazon: "SpongBob Typing Tutor" is outselling Windows
I don't see how an anti M$ stance can be seen as a bad thing on an Apple forum I really can't!

nagromme - According to Amazon: "SpongBob Typing Tutor" is outselling Windows
post #4 of 41
Well, its installed.

Downloaded a load of apps as well. now I just have to wait for the updated firmware.

Mobile Me was up and running briefly. I got a pop-up taking me to software update which downloaded the Mobile Me mac update (8.6 MB). The website was pretty quick to load but fell over when it tried to load my email up.

Looks like they are still working on it.
post #5 of 41
Up and running for a while now. No issues.

The App Store looks nice. Seems like a partial release... more goodness to come!

Many of the kinds of apps that I was hoping for have been released.

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #6 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Up and running for a while now. No issues.

The App Store looks nice. Seems like a partial release... more goodness to come!

Many of the kinds of apps that I was hoping for have been released.

What you talking bout Willis?!?! Oh do you have the developer firmware 2.0 installed?? If so how many apps do you see in the App Store? and is the iTunes Remote listed?!?! AND if it is could you PLESAE supply some sorta screenshot of it running?!?!

Thanks!

D
post #7 of 41
Oh it's up

SO MANY APPS!!!!

Just Novell Webaccess is missing
post #8 of 41
Null.
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
post #9 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGee View Post

What you talking bout Willis?!?! Oh do you have the developer firmware 2.0 installed?? If so how many apps do you see in the App Store? and is the iTunes Remote listed?!?! AND if it is could you PLESAE supply some sorta screenshot of it running?!?!

Thanks!

D

Here are some screen shots, and an interesting article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/10/te...hp&oref=slogin
post #10 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Here are some screen shots, and an interesting article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/10/te...hp&oref=slogin

Excelent and here is a link to the iTunes Store page I just found!

iTunes App: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...284417350&mt=8

Looks Sweet!

Dave
post #11 of 41
Not ahead of, they launch it in time with the New Zealand iPhone launch.

Damn you, International Date Line!
guest account
guest account
post #12 of 41
LOL I just bought the sketches app by accident
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #13 of 41
Installed 7.7 on my Mac and seemed to be working fine until I connected the iPhone (1st gen) and it was not recognized by iTunes. Required a force quit to get out.

Any helpful thoughts?
post #14 of 41
Sorry, I was off-line for a little while. It seems that everybody has found it, so I don't need to post anything!

No, I don't have the new developer apps installed, I was just looking at the app store through iTunes.

More to look at... Got to go!

post #15 of 41
Null.
post #16 of 41
Good to see you lurking around here from time to time, Lewis. You are here more often than I realize, just in different threads.

----

When are they going to get Mobile Me running????? Thank goodness it's 10:00pm here and I don't need to access my iDisk!

post #17 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Let me know how it works; I need something like that.

post #18 of 41
now.... when 2,0 will be released? ... (2G iPhones)

midnite? i hope it is not tomorrow morning 8 AM? gotta goto office...

already downed AIM, Remote ... super monkey ball very tempting, will see tomorrow and buy it ...

Nov '09 | iMac 21.5" C2D 3.06 Ghz | Intel 330 240GB SSD | ATI

Sep '12| Toshiba 14" 1366 x 768! | i5 3rd Gen 6GB| Intel x25-m 120GB SSD | Win 7|  Viewsonic VX2255wmb 22" LCD
iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

Nov '09 | iMac 21.5" C2D 3.06 Ghz | Intel 330 240GB SSD | ATI

Sep '12| Toshiba 14" 1366 x 768! | i5 3rd Gen 6GB| Intel x25-m 120GB SSD | Win 7|  Viewsonic VX2255wmb 22" LCD
iPhone 4S| iPad 2 wifi

post #19 of 41
Does the iTunes Remote work with iPhone 1.4 and iTunes 7.7, or do I have to upgrade to 2.0 first?
post #20 of 41
Needs 2.0 which isn't out yet...

They seem to be having a hard time getting things going. Possibly too many of us trying to access the system has created a crash or two or three!

post #21 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Let me know how it works; I need something like that.

Ok, I didn't want it though
post #22 of 41
The Applications tab isn't showing up in iTunes 7.7, it probably needs 2.0 software on the iPhone to reveal it. I already downloaded about 15 free apps.

There are about 3 "not free " golf apps, cool stuff!
post #23 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

Don't sync until the update.

Sebastian

I synced mine twice already. I'd say his iPhone was already slightly corrupted, no issues here.
post #24 of 41
mobile me is up!
post #25 of 41
Hi, I downloaded the 7.7 version of iTunes, but I don't see any way to access the Apps Store?
post #26 of 41
dran... I'm at work, won't get home till later hopefully the iphne update will be out by then... otherwise how can you use the app store apps??
post #27 of 41
It may have been answered somewhere else in the forum but I couldn't find an answer while searching for about ten minutes. Does anyone know?

Thanks,

Kevin
post #28 of 41
Yes, you will have to ay to update the Touch. The iPhone is a subscription device whereas the Tough was essentially a one-timer sold as-is.

post #29 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony3d View Post

Hi, I downloaded the 7.7 version of iTunes, but I don't see any way to access the Apps Store?

Here:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...nre?id=36&mt=8
post #30 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony3d View Post

Weird - it came up in the iphone section when I downloaded it. Closed iTunes and then launched it again after reading your post. You are right - put "apps" in the search and click on any icon in "applications". then, got to the top nav bar and it should read: (home icon)> app store> Entertainment (or bus, or ?)> [name of app you clicked on].

Then, click on the App Store and you'll be home!
Blog: PowerConferenceCalls.com
Blog: PowerConferenceCalls.com
post #31 of 41
Quote:

The Applications tab isn't showing up in iTunes 7.7, it probably needs 2.0 software on the iPhone to reveal it. I already downloaded about 15 free apps.

There are about 3 "not free " golf apps, cool stuff!

Just go into Preferences and click on the General Tab if it's not already selected. Just put a tick next to Applications and click OK. The Applications tab will show up.

Hope this helps.
post #32 of 41
I get the dreaded "Network Timeout" when I hit any of the download links at Apple. They apparently use the same script to validate/prep ANY downloads there... so I can't get iTunes or Quicktime.

On a side note...I just registered my account here. OMG... that CAPTCA is HORRIBLE! It took me 5 tries to find out I could read well enough to type it out properly, and it's not like I have bad eyes...
post #33 of 41
Is the App Store going to be another one of these BS things where I have to allow Apple to store my credit card number for me to be able to use it?
post #34 of 41
I downloaded the new Itunes and when I connect my Iphone, Itunes locks up and I get a beach ball. It won't recognize my Iphone at all.....any suggestions?
post #35 of 41
so i can create an itunes account in India but wtf only apps & no music. sucks!!!
post #36 of 41
Windows download has been messed up much of the day. I viewed the page code to get the download link. This link will launch the form you need to fill out to download it:
https://swdlp.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebO...iniiFrameReq=N
post #37 of 41
The Apple TV 2.1 update also adds Wishlist feature. When you select a movie to see more info and rent/buy, you now see a button to add the movie to a Wishlist. Then the Movie's submenu will show Wishlist as one of the options. This is a great add-on I will use.

I also noticed that the password entry for protected content now displays the hidden bullet as you enter the info instead of showing the actual character for everyone to see (like my kids)!

/
post #38 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by iJabin View Post

I downloaded the new Itunes and when I connect my Iphone, Itunes locks up and I get a beach ball. It won't recognize my Iphone at all.....any suggestions?

I'm having the same issue? Maybe it doesn't work well with older OS. I'm on 10.4.11?

Skip
post #39 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncee View Post

I'm having the same issue? Maybe it doesn't work well with older OS. I'm on 10.4.11?

Skip

Now I'm downloading the iPod Touch restore app., but I'm wondering why?

I never installed any up-date to the iPod Touch? I did download the itunes up-date. Is there a way to re-install the old itunes software, or in fact, will the restore for the iPod Touch make a difference?

Right now, when I plug the iPod into my Mac, it launches iTunes, which then lockups. I have to force quite.

Skip
post #40 of 41
Quote:

Don't worry... you can use it on the iTablet later on.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple releases iTunes v7.7, Apple TV software v2.1