or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › iTouch update 2.0???

iTouch update 2.0??? - Page 2

post #41 of 46
So I found out 2 days ago (July 10th) that the App Store on the iTunes store was up but that no body (iPhone or iTouch users) could transfer any apps. That was because apparently apple was trying to turn it into a teaser so you could pick out your goodies and be even more motivated to buy them. The next day (July 11th) I was anxious to get my update and fork over my cash however the when I looked on my iPod Update it said 1.1.4 was the latest. I went to the apple site and what do you know, It was advertised and so I clicked on the buy now link and my computer flipped over to iTunes and looked on the store for a second and nothing happened. So I did some digging and apparently the iTouch 2.0 Software was not going to be on the server until 8:00 PM Pacific time (July 11th) However iPhone users could update now.
post #42 of 46
The download of v 2.0 for iTouch is working this morning. The process re-installed my music and videos. The only thing I lost was the date and time. The apps are downloading OK now.
post #43 of 46
Does anyone know if and when new iPod Touches will come with the v2.0 software installed? Or is it expected to remain a $10 upgrade into the future? Thanks.
post #44 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson1 View Post

Does anyone know if and when new iPod Touches will come with the v2.0 software installed? Or is it expected to remain a $10 upgrade into the future? Thanks.

I spoke with the Apple store this afternoon, after waiting until today to go and purchase a new iPod Touch, thinking I could get a new device and not have to pay for the upgrade. They said they don't have it in their system when the new devices with the 2.0 Firmware upgrade will be delivered, which means it'll be weeks if not a month or longer before they will be shipped. I don't know how true that is, but for now they are at least expecting people to pay full price for the Touch and then fork over the $10 for the upgrade. I left without buying anything, re-evaluating if I want to wait or not...
post #45 of 46
Since I updated my iTouch to v 2.0, it keeps losing the time and date. I reset the time and date and then it reverts back to about a week ago and 6 or more hours earlier. Has anyone else experienced this problem. It's messing up the downloading of podcasts.
post #46 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson1 View Post

I have a new iPod Touch 32GB enroute on delivery to me. Should show up sometime this afternoon. Will let you know.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › iTouch update 2.0???