Recently I've been going back & forth on whether to buy an iMac now and then buy the redesigned Macbook or Macbook pro within the next 6-8 months. In order to finally make an educated decision, I was hoping to get some insight from this board.
Basically, I'm looking for some advice/opinion on whether to buy an MacbookPro with a display or to buy an iMac now and a Macbook or Macbookpro w/o a display at later date. The second option will cost more, but I don't think it will be that significant and I will end up with 2 machines.
Below are my questions/comments:
1. Is it a good time to buy an iMac or is a significant upgrade expected to happen within the next few months?
2. Would you recommend the 20in or 24in iMac?
3. In general, I really like having the mobility of a laptop. However, I have found it to be a pain to carry my laptop to and from work each day.
4. I'm starting to think it might be better to have a dedicated computer for the business. I occasionally have other individuals using it at the front desk and don't like the idea of personal info being on the machine. Also, I think the iMac might be more aesthetically pleasing.
5. For the business, I need it for running a web based software, Office, Quickbooks,etc... I plan on installing XP on the machine.
6. For personal use, I plan on starting to do some light video/photo editing and also using windows XP. I probably don't need all of power of a Macbookpro, but don't know if I will find the Macbook to be too small.
7. Is it difficult or time consuming to sync and iMac with a Macbook?
8. This is probably a dumb question, but is it possible to use the iMac as a display for a Macbook or Macbook pro?
So what would you do? Buy an MacbookPro with a display or to buy an iMac now and a Macbook or Macbookpro w/o a display at later date.
Thanks in advance for your input.