or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Would you find a disabled girl hotter than an obese or ugly girl?

Would you find a disabled girl hotter than an obese or ugly girl?

post #1 of 30
I'm watching the first episode of Britain's next top model. Oops. I mean "Britains Missing Model". Check it out on http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/ ...For me the deaf girl (the one that doesn't talk at all) is really cute and is just a bubble of joy.
post #2 of 30
WARNING: VERY UNPOLITICALLY FRANK AND HONEST CAN YOU HANDLE IT?

In my order of preference, from a more physical point of view... Because we can debate personality until the end of time...

No disability, slightly chubby
=win

No disability, skinny
=hmm, personality is very important here for long term

Disability: Medical (like some sort of underlying frailty - hard to explain unless you've watched the show above)
=if she's cute...

Disability: Deaf (does not speak)
=I'd consider getting to know her

Disability: Missing a limb or having one limb a stump
=I'd consider getting to know her. Not sure if I am balls enough a man though with other people around when I am with her.

Disability: Walks funny (like brain damage) but talks quite normal, cute
=interesting... this is a very interesting one, I don't know

Disability: Wheelchair (paralysed waist down)
=for me this might be quite challenging

No disability, physically quite unattractive without being overweight
=hmm, tough

Obese girl
=sorry, difficult

Disability: Deaf (speaks "funny")
=very difficult for me, even if she is super hot, maybe I would get used to it. Just the shock of a pretty girl then talking like that...
post #3 of 30
I think the deaf girl that doesn't talk is really attractive because she has big cute eyes, a great personality without having to make a sound, and slightly on the more voluptous side than mainstream.
post #4 of 30
post #5 of 30
I've dated a mostly deaf girl before (she could hear just a bit, and could read lips). The only issue was that you had to directly address her. Not a big deal as far I was concerned.
post #6 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by k squared View Post

I've dated a mostly deaf girl before (she could hear just a bit, and could read lips). The only issue was that you had to directly address her. Not a big deal as far I was concerned.

Ever see Children of a Lesser God?

Marlee Matlin is hot! (Well, maybe not 42 year old her).
post #7 of 30
I almost dated a girl with a prosthetic leg before. The problem came with her personality... her physical disability had turned her into this monster of a jealous "victim" who blamed everything and anything on her disability. It was actually very frightening when you have someone calling you 30 times in a night (when I'm just trying to get some sleep) and screaming "Who are you f***ing!? That UGLY f***ing whore!!!???" Then when I told her I didn't want to see her any more, she said, "You are such an asshole... you can't accept my disability!!!!"
post #8 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

I almost dated a girl with a prosthetic leg before. The problem came with her personality... her physical disability had turned her into this monster of a jealous "victim" who blamed everything and anything on her disability. It was actually very frightening when you have someone calling you 30 times in a night (when I'm just trying to get some sleep) and screaming "Who are you f***ing!? That UGLY f***ing whore!!!???" Then when I told her I didn't want to see her any more, she said, "You are such an asshole... you can't accept my disability!!!!"

Wow. That's fked up dude... Glad you survived it.
post #9 of 30
Jesus, what a thread.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #10 of 30
1. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
2. Love is blind.

Getting a hard-on doesn't count as a meaningful emotion given the fact that men put up with it for most of our lives irrespective of the relationship we are in.
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
post #11 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

Jesus, what a thread.

WWJFH

Who Would Jesus Find Hotter?
post #12 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by talksense101 View Post

1. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
2. Love is blind... Getting a hard-on doesn't count as a meaningful emotion given the fact that men put up with it for most of our lives irrespective of the relationship we are in.

Yeah, I agree in general. Erections for example are a separate situation. Especially it is on-demand now with various medication. (In the age of "push" and "on-demand" entertainment we also have "on-demand" erections) ...Nonetheless a strong erectile response when you are talking to or hugging a girl, usually means some element of physical attraction. One can also "make love" to a woman while not even having an erection (I leave you all to figure out the mechanics of that)...

In Psych 101 at uni we learnt that some postulate that "Love" is a combination of physical attraction, mental/mind compatibility, and a "hidden perception of soulmates" or something like that. Can't remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

WWJFH Who Would Jesus Find Hotter?

LoL there should be shirts instead of "What would Jesus do?", they should have "Who would Jesus do?".
post #13 of 30
Check out the Flickr photostream of official pictures:

http://flickr.com/photos/bbc_three/2595793382/

This is Jessica. It's a kind of complicated medical disability she has... She has a very classical English pixiette (I made that word up) look.

post #14 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

WWJFH
Who Would Jesus Find Hotter?

WARNING: RELIGIOUSLY OFFENSIVE

"And behold, the Lord looked upon a woman that came onto His path, He looked at her gently, and then beseeched, 'Yes, I would hit it*'... And the disciples nodded at each other, and proceeded to scribe her name and wherefore she hailed from onto the List of the Lord... Following which the woman was rendered onto her a small parchment (valid only for 3 seasons) for a garment proclaiming as follows:

*Hit it as in the slang of something like this http://idhitit.org/
T-shirt made using http://www.jellymuffin.com/generators/tshirt/
post #15 of 30
"And thus the List Of The Lord became a story, a story a myth, a myth a legend. Entire hidden orders of men and women devoted thus their lives to keeping it secret, scribed in ciphers, clues and mysteries... Lest one day Mary Magdalene stumbleth upon its truth and get mad... (and kicketh the Lord out of his abode)."

~Quote from scroll exposed in "The Real Da Vinci Code Explained" (2010).
post #16 of 30
Brings a whole new meaning to the term "National Treasure"...
post #17 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Yeah, I agree in general. Erections for example are a separate situation. Especially it is on-demand now with various medication. (In the age of "push" and "on-demand" entertainment we also have "on-demand" erections) ...Nonetheless a strong erectile response when you are talking to or hugging a girl, usually means some element of physical attraction. One can also "make love" to a woman while not even having an erection (I leave you all to figure out the mechanics of that)...

The reflex is in charge of finding treasure in the dark
And watching over lucky clover isnt that bizarre
Every little thing the reflex does leaves you answered with a
Question mark
post #18 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

I've learned more about love and sex and relationships from this one post than I ever could have from all my years of experience in such matters. Would that I had read it before I began my journey into adulthood.
post #19 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

I've learned more about love and sex and relationships from this one post than I ever could have from all my years of experience in such matters. Would that I had read it before I began my journey into adulthood.

OMG. It's all so clear now.
post #20 of 30
It's got humility.
Quote:
Yeah, I agree in general.

Analysis.
Quote:
Erections for example are a separate situation.

Information.
Quote:
Especially it is on-demand now with various medication.

Smart cultural commentary.
Quote:
(In the age of "push" and "on-demand" entertainment we also have "on-demand" erections)

Science.
Quote:
...Nonetheless a strong erectile response when you are talking to or hugging a girl, usually means some element of physical attraction.

Advice.
Quote:
One can also "make love" to a woman while not even having an erection

And mystery.
Quote:
(I leave you all to figure out the mechanics of that)...

I'm going to quilt that post onto a pillow.
post #21 of 30
I smell a Booker nomination!
post #22 of 30
LOLs .....
post #23 of 30
I don't think it would bother me if someone was missing a limb. I think missing two would be pushing me to wonder.

Deaf? I may be able to date that.

Blind? That's more difficult.

I'm into personality so I think I could look past most disabilities.

Someone smoking is a bigger turn off for me that most of the above.
post #24 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

So who were you f@!#king? Her friend?
post #25 of 30
Probably her prosthetic leg...
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
post #26 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

The reflex is in charge of finding treasure in the dark
And watching over lucky clover isnt that bizarre
Every little thing the reflex does leaves you answered with a
Question mark

Didn't know anyone still listened to Duran Duran nowadays...
post #27 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBG4 Dude View Post

Didn't know anyone still listened to Duran Duran nowadays...

It's amazing to me that their most popular song is about getting a hard on.
post #28 of 30
NO fat chicks.
MacBook 2.1Ghz
iPhone 3G 8GB Black
MacBook 2.1Ghz
iPhone 3G 8GB Black
post #29 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydo View Post

someone smoking is a bigger turn off for me that most of the above.

ding!
Ding!
Ding!
Ding!
post #30 of 30
EDIT: Nevermind...

[This is the wrong thread to cross the line.]
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Would you find a disabled girl hotter than an obese or ugly girl?