or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Dear Media, Try Harder to Obscure being Totally in the Tank for Obama

Dear Media, Try Harder to Obscure being Totally in the Tank for Obama - Page 2

post #41 of 268
The Washington Post, as well as ABC, bent over backwards to not show that their poll results favored Obama majorly.

Quote:
ABC News and The Washington Post issued staggered releases of the results of their latest poll, withholding from their first release results favorable to Sen. Barack Obama, including the finding that 50 percent of registered voters would vote for Obama for president versus 42 percent for Sen. John McCain. The next day, the Post ran an article headlined "Poll Finds Voters Split on Candidates' Iraq-Pullout Positions," which did not mention Obama's 8-point lead over McCain.

So. When potential voters were asked, "If the 2008 presidential election were being held today and the candidates were (Barack Obama, the Democrat) and (John McCain, the Republican), for whom would you vote?"

They answered 50% would vote for Obama and 42% would vote for McCain. If you include Bob Barr, Obama's lead shoots up to 10%.

So what did the WaPo include in its headline:

"McCain Tops Obama in Commander-in-Chief Test; Stays Competitive on Iraq"

GOD I LOVE THE MEDIA TOTALLY BEING IN THE BAG FOR MY GUY! IT ROCKS!!! WOOT!!!
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #42 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Dude, I am totally waiting to read your I'm an anarchist off the grid but I post here, blog.

Quote:
You'll never prove a thing copper, I'm just a part time electrician. I... I... I... BAD IS GOOD, BABY! DOWN WITH GOVERNMENT!
post #43 of 268
Quote:

You are so nice jimmac. I'm going to buy you a dollar burger today for lunch and leave it next to your dumpster.

Is that at the same time you're meeting out there for lunch?

Or are you staying in with the boys at the mission.

You know trumpy using homeless people as an insult speaks volumes about you.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #44 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellowship View Post

You know... For some time we have had "conservatives" in power up until recently when the democrats made some gains in congress. But for the most part we have had a nation if I am not mistaken with majority "conservative" leaders as President, leaders in congress and as state governors.

No, I'd say we've had Republicans.

Quote:

Now during this time you tell me if you believe these "conservatives" have been "conservative" in a fiscal sense?

No. Not at all. We agree.

Quote:

Please do tell me.

Now as it is obvious that they have allowed the national debt to almost double and they pass prescription drug bills and crap like this do you consider the "conservatives" to be "conservative"?

Agreed.

Quote:

Now I do not think things will get much better if at all with a democrat in office. But here is the main question here:

Do you think that the party of the "conservatives" will return to its roots if we elect McCain?

McCain is hardly a conservative.

That's true, but it's a question of one guy vs. the other. He's not my first choice by far. But he's much better than Obama.

Quote:

Has it ever crossed your mind that the best thing that could ever happen to the totally screwed up and off track republican party is to have a year or two of Obama in office. And you know what???????? If he is 1/2 as bad as you and Nick and all the other republican hacks say he is then GUESS WHAT????????

The republicans if they are productive and smart could pull off a sweep in congress two years into the Obama 1st term and possibly retake the White House in 2012.

No?

I think that's a good possibility, actually. But if Obama is elected, there may be programs and policies implemented that cannot be reversed. One will not take away socialized medicine. One will not set Iran's quest for weapons back four years.

Quote:

You see... Where I think you are completely ignorant is by virtue of you wanting McCain to represent the republican party.

That is just craziness. There are times when things don't get better until they get worse and in the case of the republican party if they try to be less conservative then they are simply doomed,, it is that simple.

Our country I would argue needs a strong republican party that acts like republicans acted back in 1994. Not these big government, big war, big deficit, big spender republicans of today.

To Heck with the republican party until they get their rear end in gear.

The quicker way to get this done is to let them have a time out.

The alternative is for them to slow bleed to a worse condition over even more years and by then they are even in a weaker position with ZERO inspiration to lend to their "supporters".

I think deep down you know I am right about this but you can't face reality for some reason.

Fellows

Again, I understand that view. But in the here and now, I have to vote for the guy whom I think I will be a better president. That's John McCain.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #45 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by groverat View Post

SDW2001:

His position was always that he would take public money if he reached an agreement with his opponent. McCain will do nothing about PACs, lobbyists, or 527s, so an agreement wasn't reached.

That's a fucking joke, and you know it. He flopped. Huge.

Quote:

You say "the legislation" as if they were the same thing; they weren't. The bill he promised to filibuster and the bill that passed were different bills. Also, he didn't vote for it.

Lie. http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...INOQ11K86Q.DTL

Quote:
Wednesday, Obama was one of 69 senators who voted for the FISA bill that provided retroactive immunity to the telecoms.
Obama called it "compromise."

Quote:

Source this.

Pathetic.

Quote:

Those two things are not contradictory; a 100% rating from NARAL and advocating regulation of late-term abortion are not mutually exclusive. NARAL themselves have already said this.

So he's not trying to "massage" his position? Is that honestly what you're saying?

Quote:

This is a flat-out lie. He worked with faith-based charities before he was even in politics. In his book he discusses the need and usefulness of faith-based charities.

That doesn't mean it's a lie at all. And in his book he says a lot of things, including that "white folks green runs a world in need." I guess we need to take that to heart, too.

Quote:

Those two things are not contradictory, he has always pledged withdrawal with consultation from the military.

You are hysterical! Stop....you're killing me!

Quote:

Many of your arguments here are built like this, putting two things together that don't conflict but pretending that they do. "He says he likes butter on his pancakes, BUT HE PUT SYRUP ON THEM!"

Source this.

Source this.

Yet again, you lie.

Does it bother you that you're a liar?

So when you have no answer for something, your response is "source this." Nice. As for Memorial Day, go read his speech. He didn't know. He does now, but he didn't.
post #46 of 268
Oh look, the troll's back.
post #47 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Is that at the same time you're meeting out there for lunch?

Or are you staying in with the boys at the mission.

You know trumpy using homeless people as an insult speaks volumes about you.

Dude, I'm living large in the travel trailer.

I didn't use homeless people as an insult. Your thinking sounds just like the mumbling I hear from them so I drew a comparison. I never said you were a bad person for mumbling incoherently.

Like for example you use that stupid winky smilie every time you toss your silly insults. I now picture you as Will Ferrell from that racing movie where he says "With all due respect" and everyone is informing him that you can't excuse insults with that phrase.

Your posting are sentence fragments and insults with a winky smilies. You are a homeless Will Ferrell saying, "with all due respect, you should give change, Times is changing. You gonna get it when...look a bird... you dumb man... hahahaha..."

You are like a running joke man. I'd ignore you but you make me laugh so much with your ridiculous routine.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #48 of 268
Quote:

Dude, I'm living large in the travel trailer.

I didn't use homeless people as an insult. Your thinking sounds just like the mumbling I hear from them so I drew a comparison. I never said you were a bad person for mumbling incoherently.

Like for example you use that stupid winky smilie every time you toss your silly insults. I now picture you as Will Ferrell from that racing movie where he says "With all due respect" and everyone is informing him that you can't excuse insults with that phrase.

Your posting are sentence fragments and insults with a winky smilies. You are a homeless Will Ferrell saying, "with all due respect, you should give change, Times is changing. You gonna get it when...look a bird... you dumb man... hahahaha..."

You are like a running joke man. I'd ignore you but you make me laugh so much with your ridiculous routine.

Well as long as we're into observations......
Your ramblings seem to me like someone who's desperately trying to find a counter argument to the fact that Obama will be the next president and everything that's been wrong with this country for the last 8 years is starting to crumble.

You seem to not shy away from the LOL face.

Your phony bravado doesn't impress me.

And the fact that you have this compulsive need to start all these ridiculous threads means that if I have a routine as you say it could never compare to your comedy act ( or your ego ).

But there really is a change coming and I can see your side. Might as well laugh since there's really nothing you can do about it.
post #49 of 268
More of the same..... now with more tankiness...

Quote:
NYT REJECTS MCCAIN'S EDITORIAL; SHOULD 'MIRROR' OBAMA
Mon Jul 21 2008 12:00:25 ET

An editorial written by Republican presidential hopeful McCain has been rejected by the NEW YORK TIMES -- less than a week after the paper published an essay written by Obama, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

The paper's decision to refuse McCain's direct rebuttal to Obama's 'My Plan for Iraq' has ignited explosive charges of media bias in top Republican circles.

'It would be terrific to have an article from Senator McCain that mirrors Senator Obama's piece,' NYT Op-Ed editor David Shipley explained in an email late Friday to McCain's staff. 'I'm not going to be able to accept this piece as currently written.'

MORE

In McCain's submission to the TIMES, he writes of Obama: 'I am dismayed that he never talks about winning the war—only of ending it... if we don't win the war, our enemies will. A triumph for the terrorists would be a disaster for us. That is something I will not allow to happen as president.'

NYT's Shipley advised McCain to try again: 'I'd be pleased, though, to look at another draft.'

[Shipley served in the Clinton Administration from 1995 until 1997 as Special Assistant to the President and Senior Presidential Speechwriter.]

MORE

A top McCain source claims the paper simply does not agree with the senator's Iraq policy, and wants him to change it, not "re-work the draft."

McCain writes in the rejected essay: 'Progress has been due primarily to an increase in the number of troops and a change in their strategy. I was an early advocate of the surge at a time when it had few supporters in Washington. Senator Barack Obama was an equally vocal opponent. 'I am not persuaded that 20,000 additional troops in Iraq is going to solve the sectarian violence there,' he said on January 10, 2007. 'In fact, I think it will do the reverse.'

MORE

Shipley, who is on vacation this week, explained his decision not to run the editorial.

'The Obama piece worked for me because it offered new information (it appeared before his speech); while Senator Obama discussed Senator McCain, he also went into detail about his own plans.'

Shipley continues: 'It would be terrific to have an article from Senator McCain that mirrors Senator Obama's piece. To that end, the article would have to articulate, in concrete terms, how Senator McCain defines victory in Iraq.'

Developing...

post #50 of 268
Quote:

More of the same..... now with more tankiness...

Ohhh Hell...

Another case of that BLIND PARTY LOYALTY "thing-a-mo-jig" run rampant once again....

Gosh darn it all...

LOL

But wait.... there are no such things as cheerleaders I have been told! Even if there were certainly not the NYT. .

LOL
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34

post #51 of 268
Media fair coverage?

Quote:
For each of the weeks between June 9 and July 13, Obama had a much more significant media presence. The Project for Excellence in Journalism evaluates more than 300 political stories each week in newspapers, magazines and television to measure whether each candidate is talked about in more than 25 percent of the stories.

Every week, Obama played an important role in more than two-thirds of the stories. For July 7-13, for example, Obama was a significant presence in 77 percent of the stories, while McCain was in 48 percent, the PEJ said.

Sure, there are some weeks Obama's going to make more news, said Tom Rosenstiel, the project's director.

But every week?

"No matter how understandable it is given the newness of the candidate and the historical nature of Obama's candidacy, in the end it's probably not fair to McCain," he said.

The Democrat has proven an attractive commodity; TV debates involving Democrats this campaign consistently drew more viewers than the Republicans. A Time magazine cover with Obama in 2006 was the second-best-selling of the year, and a Men's Vogue cover outsold every issue but the debut, according to circulation figures reported by Portfolio.com. Newsweek has done six covers with Obama over the past year, two with McCain. A Rolling Stone cover with Obama stopped just short of adding a halo.

If the attention gap continues, the campaign will essentially become a referendum on Obama, Rosenstiel said. While that may serve McCain's purpose — it beats a referendum on President Bush — it could leave the nation electing a president while the media are paying attention to someone else. Past press infatuations, like Howard Dean in 2004 and McCain in 2000, didn't turn into long-term affairs.

I'm sure this long term affair will last through at least late November. It will then be followed by a major media orgasm all the way through February. All talk will be of the return of Camelot and JFK, which was exactly what was said with the Clintons, and when the real governing begins is when the real problems will finally occur.

post #52 of 268
Quote:

Media fair coverage?

I'm sure this long term affair will last through at least late November. It will then be followed by a major media orgasm all the way through February. All talk will be of the return of Camelot and JFK, which was exactly what was said with the Clintons, and when the real governing begins is when the real problems will finally occur.

And some have the audacity to dismiss the idea of:

well-

"cheerleaders"

LOL

post #53 of 268
Quote:

Ohhh Hell...

Another case of that BLIND PARTY LOYALTY "thing-a-mo-jig" run rampant once again....

Gosh darn it all...

LOL

But wait.... there are no such things as cheerleaders I have been told!

LOL

Felllowship, is it really cheerleading to demand the right of the voters to both receive fair media coverage? The media is clearly in the tank for Obama. How does that help anyone become informed about how they should vote.

The article is primarily about the media, not even Obama. Shawn is right in that trying to blindly show that you can't be tied to any principle is just as ridiculous. Clearly the media is acting in a partisan fashion. Even that would be fine with me if they didn't keep claiming impartiality.

Does Rush Limbaugh likely spend three hours a day bashing on Obama. Sure, but he doesn't sit there and pretend to be impartial. The "serious" journalists like .... hahaha.. Katie Couric meanwhile are sitting on Obama's lap and claiming it is just because that is how the news has happened to come down.

Nonsense.

post #54 of 268
Quote:

I know you're rambling, but they did the same fucking thing with Ronald ("shining city on the hill") Reagan.
post #55 of 268
Quote:

Felllowship, is it really cheerleading to demand the right of the voters to both receive fair media coverage? The media is clearly in the tank for Obama. How does that help anyone become informed about how they should vote.

The article is primarily about the media, not even Obama. Shawn is right in that trying to blindly show that you can't be tied to any principle is just as ridiculous. Clearly the media is acting in a partisan fashion. Even that would be fine with me if they didn't keep claiming impartiality.

Does Rush Limbaugh likely spend three hours a day bashing on Obama. Sure, but he doesn't sit there and pretend to be impartial. The "serious" journalists like .... hahaha.. Katie Couric meanwhile are sitting on Obama's lap and claiming it is just because that is how the news has happened to come down.

Nonsense.

But you see Nick all these posers are Cheerleaders. Some like you say make no bones about it. Yet for others they deny and take great offense at the mere suggestion. We all know cheerleading when we see it. Be it media figures,,

or

forum members..

Hey it just the way it is...

Reality that some deny...

Fellows

post #56 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

I know you're rambling, but they did the same fucking thing with Ronald ("shining city on the hill") Reagan.

Ronald Reagan was the second coming of Kennedy?

post #57 of 268
Quote:

Ronald Reagan was the second coming of Kennedy?

To some he was the second coming of Jesus. Correct?

Anyway, another great info-rag has another retarded headline...

Obama's Drive-By Visit: The Iraqi View

Shizzle bedizzle! Obama's a black gangsta!
post #58 of 268
Dear Media,

When you do actually print something Obama doesn't like, be prepared for payback.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #59 of 268
Is that similar to reporters having "to earn their way" to the special interview section of McCain's campaign?

Just wondering.
post #60 of 268
Weird, but not that similar. Unfriendly reporters still seem to be welcome on the bus.
post #61 of 268
200 applicants. 40 seats.

Seems like pretty simple math to me. And a lot of HUGE assumptions. But that doesn't stop the press and the media from making it "true" does it? I guess the other 160 rejected reporters can all go to whaa together.

And The New Yorker isn't even a journalistic magazine and the dude snubbed isn't even a traditional "reporter". But oh well. The meme fits, so go with it I guess.
post #62 of 268
Quote:

To some he was the second coming of Jesus. Correct?

Anyway, another great info-rag has another retarded headline...

Obama's Drive-By Visit: The Iraqi View

Shizzle bedizzle! Obama's a black gangsta!

Maybe they should rebrand it the KKK Time or KKK Cent.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
post #63 of 268
Yes, people, please try to say Obama didn't stay in Iraq long enough so I can go back through the hit parade that was John McCain's hilarious dog & pony show in Iraq.

Please let's do this.
proud resident of a failed state
post #64 of 268
McCain is boring.
post #65 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

Maybe they should rebrand it the KKK Time or KKK Cent.

No, McCain says that Obama car-jacked our gasoline, yo.
post #66 of 268
Politico.com

Quote:
In an automated survey of 1000 likely voters, Rasmussen found that 49 percent of respondents believed reporters would favor Obama in their coverage this fall, compared with just 14 percent who expected them to boost Sen. John McCain. The number of Americans who see pro-Obama bias in the press has increased by five percent in the last month.

According to Rasmussen’s numbers, less than a quarter of voters – 24 percent – now trust the press to report on the election without bias.

“People are looking at reporters the way reporters want us to look at Wikipedia,” said Rasmussen Reports CEO Scott Rasmussen. “It’s useful information, but you’ve got to check the source.”

BTW, back to the NY Times earlier, we should also add to the list of people they did not kick back editorials from, folks like Hamas and Yassir Arafat. So glad to see that their journalistic standards remain constant. If you toe their narrative, you get the ink.

Some more from sources you may question except for they simply provide the clips themselves. If you want to kill the messenger that is your prerogative, but the message is clear.

NBC - Tour of Duty

Obama isn't just on a trip, he is on his tour of duty.

Newsbusters

Andrea Mitchell seems unable to take the pretty pictures posing as press conferences much longer.

Quote:
MITCHELL: Let me just say something about the message management. He didn't have reporters with him, he didn't have a press pool, he didn't do a press conference while he was on the ground in either Afghanistan or Iraq. What you're seeing is not reporters brought in. You're seeing selected pictures taken by the military, questions by the military, and what some would call fake interviews, because they're not interviews from a journalist. So, there's a real press issue here. Politically it's smart as can be. But we've not seen a presidential candidate do this, in my recollection, ever before.

I guess we don't have to worry about gaffes since that would involve having footage that isn't handed to the press after Team Obama edits the DOD video it to their satisfaction.

Obama, HOPE™ CHANGE™ and never miss jump shot, that you can believe in.

post #67 of 268
Quote:

John McWrong is such a McN00b!

What next? Obama caused AIDS? John McStraightjacket. Yeaaaaah!
post #68 of 268
Quote:

Someone needs to cross examine McCain on that one.
post #69 of 268
Quote:

Media fair coverage?

Trumptman

We're in the " real " problems right now!

Whoever takes the reins has their work cut out for them! Bush has done such a bang up job it will take years to sort it all out.

By the way the Clinton administration may not have been " Camelot " but in the end he did what he promised. We had a stellar economy for a few years in the late 90's and a balanced budget not because of the republicans or Greenspan or dotcom anything else!

Hey! Come to think of it we had to wait for things to be fixed from the last Bush then also!

Not quite as bad though.
post #70 of 268
Quote:

But you see Nick all these posers are Cheerleaders. Some like you say make no bones about it. Yet for others they deny and take great offense at the mere suggestion. We all know cheerleading when we see it. Be it media figures,,

or

forum members..

Hey it just the way it is...

Reality that some deny...

Fellows

Hey Fellowship!

I'm not a cheerleader unless you count me cheering on the fact that we'll have a more sane president in the Whitehouse next time. Obama's not perfect and I'm sure he'll do things I don't like. What president doesn't? But unlike Bush he'll add some sanity to the preceedings. Bush is about as low as you can go so it would be easy to find someone better. I really believe Obama will be a lot better.
post #71 of 268
Quote:

Hey Fellowship!

I'm not a cheerleader unless you count me cheering on the fact that we'll have a more sane president in the Whitehouse next time. Obama's not perfect and I'm sure he'll do things I don't like. What president doesn't? But unlike Bush he'll add some sanity to the preceedings. Bush is about as low as you can go so it would be easy to find someone better. I really believe Obama will be a lot better.

I actually think jimmac that you very much think on your own. I admire that you have "reason" of your own to support your favored candidate for President of the United States.

But of course you don't need me to tell you that.

I have no problem when people have a preference for a brand or a candidate for the reasons they see fit. That is democracy and it is a good thing.

You are not a cheerleader in my book jimmac.

Fellows

post #72 of 268
Quote:

I actually think jimmac that you very much think on your own. I admire that you have "reason" of your own to support your favored candidate for President of the United States.

But of course you don't need me to tell you that.

I have no problem when people have a preference for a brand or a candidate for the reasons they see fit. That is democracy and it is a good thing.

You are not a cheerleader in my book jimmac.

Fellows

Thank you.
post #73 of 268
Quote:

Trumptman

We're in the " real " problems right now!

Whoever takes the reins has their work cut out for them! Bush has done such a bang up job it will take years to sort it all out.

By the way the Clinton administration may not have been " Camelot " but in the end he did what he promised. We had a stellar economy for a few years in the late 90's and a balanced budget not because of the republicans or Greenspan or dotcom anything else!

Hey! Come to think of it we had to wait for things to be fixed from the last Bush then also!

Not quite as bad though.

So let me see if I understand your reasoning.

It is totally fine for the media to ignore and not report on certain solutions because Obama needs, in your view, to be elected no matter what. We need propaganda instead of news to insure the result.

Bush has done what every president has done when problems were handed to them. It isn't like Clinton asked for WTC I, U.S.S. Cole, Bosnia, Haiti, Somalia, Oklahoma City, Hurricane Andrew, etc.

Oh wait... did you forget about all those with your rose colored propaganda glasses on or was it that the media wasn't so profoundly biased that it found a way to blame the president for every event that happens in the world back then.

Whoever takes the reins will NOT have their work cut out for them because they will at best, be arguing about how to handle the last 10% of the job that has mostly been handled during the Bush years.

Clinton lucked into slightly better economic timing than Bush. He caught the economy coming out of the recession that insured Bush I, a man who by any liberal measures executed the first Gulf War perfectly, wasn't reelected. He also lucked into having the Internet stock bubble pop past the time of his term.

Every bit of campaign material you can find for Clinton promised a middle class tax cut. Instead he raised taxes on the middle class.

So, again polish your glasses and check your memory.

post #74 of 268
Quote:

So, again polish your glasses and check your memory.

Yeah but Nick don't forget there is an old saying in Tennessee I know it is in Texas but maybe in Tennessee that goes something like this:

"Are you better off than you were 4 - 8 years ago?"

And Republicans normally toss this saying around mind you....

Uhhhh

Well,,

I bet it would seem that the answer for many is a resounding ________.

You take a stab at this one Nick

Fellows

And as for Clinton raising taxes it was far less painful than the inflation we are seeing today due to our monetary policy taxing every one of us on most everything we buy today with the inflation tax we all have today.

Clinton was a fiscal conservative compared to Bush. Compare how each expanded the size of government and you do the math Nick

Fellows

post #75 of 268
Quote:

Yeah but Nick don't forget there is an old saying in Tennessee I know it is in Texas but maybe in Tennessee that goes something like this:

"Are you better off than you were 4 - 8 years ago?"

And Republicans normally toss this saying around mind you....

Uhhhh

Well,,

I bet it would seem that the answer for many is a resounding ________.

You take a stab at this one Nick

Considering the fragmented thinking, I can see why you and Jimmac get along so well.

I am absolutely better off now than I was eight years ago. I'm even better off than four years ago. I would bet that for anybody that was not a "refi" baller this is generally true.

I answered so now back to you Fellowship. Regardless of your shifting with the winds political views, are you worse of financially now than 4-8 years ago or better off?

Quote:
And as for Clinton raising taxes it was far less painful than the inflation we are seeing today due to our monetary policy taxing every one of us on most everything we buy today with the inflation tax we all have today.

Clinton was a fiscal conservative compared to Bush. Compare how each expanded the size of government and you do the math Nick

You make it sound like Clinton or Bush could have controlled monetary policy. The very purpose of the fed itself is to supposedly keep monetary policy separate from government policy. That said Clinton still renominated Greenspan who still helped finance the internet stock bubble on his watch and financed the housing bubble on the Bush watch. Bernanke is walking a very thin line with deflationary housing prices banging against inflationary energy and commodity pricing. I hate inflation but if we manage to get through this double dip with the minimal pain we have currently felt I will have considered it a job well done.

Now honestly wouldn't you consider it a decent job as well? Unless of course we are of the utopian view that there is no economic cycle and we should never have to endure a downturn, will you have be able to recall a downturn that appears to have shed as little blood as this one in terms of daily life? Little doesn't mean none of course, but seriously when the store closings are coming from the place where we buy our $6 coffee, is that real economic pain?

I've slammed Bush on numerous occasions for the growth in spending. However it isn't like there are Democratic plans for lowering spending right now. In true blue California we have huge deficits, the state government steals from the counties and cities, steals from bond measures, steals from infrastructure, and lies about the bonds financing deficit spending which circumvent a balanced budget amendment.

Obama does not present a plan for a balanced budget, real or imagined as I'm sure many would argue about the McCain plan. It isn't even a priority for him. I don't see how the reasoning that Bush acts like a Democrat excuses voting for the real deal.

post #76 of 268
Quote:

I answered so now back to you Fellowship. Regardless of your shifting with the winds political views, are you worse of financially now than 4-8 years ago or better off?

Nope I am about the same but paying more for everything. So this translates negatively.

Today I am concerned about the balances spoken about in the movie IOUSA far more than I was only 8 years ago. I feel that the country is falling down a bad spiral and it will spread to unemployment numbers before many remaining neocon big government, big war, big debt spending republicans take notice and acknowledge the obvious.

I am glad you are doing so well however.

Fellows

post #77 of 268
Obama has obviously made the decision to make sure his overseas trip is not a media circus.

That should resonate with voters as a sign of an extremely mature person who isn't trying to use the troops as a political tool.

And, in that way, draw a stark contrast between himself and his opponent...

post #78 of 268
CNN.COM Front page: "Could Obama victory hurt black Americans?"

Come on CNN why not just post a picture of Obama and Jesus together!?!?!?!?
post #79 of 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by groverat View Post

CNN.COM Front page: "Could Obama victory hurt black Americans?"

Come on CNN why not just post a picture of Obama and Jesus together!?!?!?!?

I was in a pizzeria this weekend that had CNN on their widescreen...an ad for CNN's "Black in America: Eyewitness to Murder: The King Assassination".

Awesome. One of the reasons I don't have television. \
post #80 of 268
Geesh, if you quote him I have to read him.

Looks like the donations have been a bit donated from that unbiased media as well.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Dear Media, Try Harder to Obscure being Totally in the Tank for Obama