or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › The Wire gets snubbed for the last time

The Wire gets snubbed for the last time

post #1 of 4
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25726704/

FTW is up with this garbage?
Who runs the Emmy's anyway?

This is why Hollywood sucks.
post #2 of 4
I never watched The Wire but aren't the Emmy's just about old people voting for the same old people? If The Wire wanted a nomination they should have added Julia Louis Dreyfus or someone like that to the cast.
post #3 of 4
This is the list:

ABCs Boston Legal
FXs Damages
Showtimes Dexter
Foxs House
ABCs Lost
AMCs Mad Men.

Boston Legal and House have no business being on there, and I'm a huge fan of House. Dexter was OK, but nothing I rearranged my schedule to watch. Lost is Lost, and although it's had a couple of weak seasons while there was confusion about how long it would run, this last season was fantastic. Damages is a work of unmitigated geniusa jewel that I didn't discover until it was off the air. My wife and I watched the entire season in 3 days.

And The Wire was better than all of them combined. It was Homicide 2.0.

As for Mad Men...I watched a couple of episodes, and I simply cannot see the media infatuation with that show. I don't know why anyone would want to watch a show that beats into the viewer's head how vastly more enlightened we are now than we were then.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #4 of 4
I think House is laughably horrible. How they run that hospital without PAs, MAs, nurses, techs is hard to figure.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › The Wire gets snubbed for the last time