or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Just finished a website...

Just finished a website...

post #1 of 6
I've just finished (mostly) a website for someone...

Quality Transmission Service (of Anchorage, Alaska)

How's it look?
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

I've just finished (mostly) a website for someone...

Quality Transmission Service (of Anchorage, Alaska)

How's it look?

Very nice! One thing, why is there a space between the phone number on the top and the beginning of the content?

I'd snap them together. Only because you want to have as much content shown at the upper viewing area of the browser. I usually never have my browser at full screen, neither do others AFAIK. Maybe extend the phone number design about the width of the content area, but /skewed/....your call.

Overall, a very professional looking site.
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

Very nice! One thing, why is there a space between the phone number on the top and the beginning of the content?

I'd snap them together. Only because you want to have as much content shown at the upper viewing area of the browser. I usually never have my browser at full screen, neither do others AFAIK. Maybe extend the phone number design about the width of the content area, but /skewed/....your call.

Overall, a very professional looking site.

Thanks for the feedback. The intention was to have the phone number most prominently displayed because the goal is to get the person to call as soon as possible. Chances are if the visitor has gotten to the site, they already know it's about transmissions, and there isn't really a whole lot of vital information that needs to be above the fold, except for the eye candy that draws people in. I'll try making the gap smaller though.
post #4 of 6
Quote:

Thanks for the feedback. The intention was to have the phone number most prominently displayed because the goal is to get the person to call as soon as possible. Chances are if the visitor has gotten to the site, they already know it's about transmissions, and there isn't really a whole lot of vital information that needs to be above the fold, except for the eye candy that draws people in. I'll try making the gap smaller though.

Also, side question: why do you use "FreeSnap" as opposed to the built-in screen capture functions or the built-in "Grab" application?
post #5 of 6
Move the "Quality Transmission Service" under QTS in the banner above the menu. You will probably have the change the shape of the green arrow a bit. Move the phone number to the right side of the QTS banner. It will be prominent. In the end, there should be a single banner above the menu.
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
post #6 of 6
Quote:

Also, side question: why do you use "FreeSnap" as opposed to the built-in screen capture functions or the built-in "Grab" application?

Well, I do, but I've always had FreeSnap. Has a lot of other features too.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Just finished a website...