or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › My Ford Taurus needs help.?

My Ford Taurus needs help.?

post #1 of 4
1. In the morning for it's first start: I have to prime the fuel pump three times, and crank the engine two, often three times. It ignites slow but levels off in a minute. Then runs smooth.
2. After the engine temp gauge reaches normal operating temp:
a. When using the cruise control it chugs.
b. After ten or twelve miles the speedometer goes to zero.
c. Sometimes, when I stop at a light it gets stuck in first or
second gear and I have to run it up to 4 or 5k RPM's to
make it change gears.
3. The 'Check Engine' light and the 'Air Bag' light stay on all the time. Once in a while they flash.
post #2 of 4
Maybe find a friend who has the tool to read the output from the car's computer. Those gadgets always read out something when the check engine light is on. New fuel pump maybe?
post #3 of 4
#1. Prime the fuel pump???... exactly what do you mean by that??

#2 + 3. At what point in it's history was this car flooded? (as in... under water.)
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
post #4 of 4
FYI, the OP is obviously spam.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › My Ford Taurus needs help.?