or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The AI vice-prez office pool

The AI vice-prez office pool - Page 2

post #41 of 207
Obama has his running mate and here he is driving to the announcement with her.

[

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #42 of 207
nick, what is your deal?

take Dale's advice.
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
post #43 of 207
Mark Halperin at The Page is strongly implying that Dick Lugar, the Republican senator from Indiana, is Obama's choice.

[edit] Oh great this is one of the threads that Nick shat on back in the great shatting of two weeks ago.
post #44 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

Mark Halperin at The Page is strongly implying that Dick Lugar, the Republican senator from Indiana, is Obama's choice.

[edit] Oh great this is one of the threads that Nick shat on back in the great shatting of two weeks ago.

It seemed so long ago....
post #45 of 207
Quote:

Biden teaches con law at one of my school's campuses. My con law professor who does campaign work for him and is otherwise connected told another student in confidence that Biden will be the pick.
post #46 of 207
Quote:

Which is a shame because I like the Sarah Palin pick.

I like Kathleen Sebelius too for Obama but that's a long shot.

What is Vegas saying?
post #47 of 207
http://www.1800-sports.com/new-predi...ndidates.shtml

I should just google first.

Wow...Pawlenty is 5/2.
post #48 of 207
As an Evangelical who admires Huckabee, I seriously doubt he'll be the pick.

Huckabee needs to drop this fascination with TV, join a think tank or international agency and work on his foreign policy credentials. If he does that, he has a real chance at being a contender next time around.

If he doesn't, he won't be considered next time, and rightfully so.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #49 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

Biden teaches con law at one of my school's campuses. My con law professor who does campaign work for him and is otherwise connected told another student in confidence that Biden will be the pick.

Biden is definitely the conventional wisdom right now. I think he'd be a good choice.
post #50 of 207
Quote:

And then the student promptly told you to get this con law professor in trouble on the internets?
post #51 of 207
How does someone at 'Nova post this first?

AI is supposed to be on top of the politics thing.
post #52 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

At Nova they have to post it first and fast because 3 minutes later, the thread will be locked for having political content.

post #53 of 207
Quote:

And then the student promptly told you to get this con law professor in trouble on the internets?

He was brilliant, but a terrible teacher. So, .

Quote:

I don't know. That's a shitty-looking sticker. Definitely not up to the Obama campaign's excellent branding standards.

post #54 of 207
Looks like it's Biden. Check CNN.
post #55 of 207
Sweet.
post #56 of 207
I want a gold star, dammit.

Can somebody get me a gold star?
post #57 of 207
I think the real question is, can Obama concede that he's not really the "Messiah" now that we know Biden is "The One?"
post #58 of 207
Quote:

For what - being a blabbermouth with confidential information?
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #59 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post

For what - being a blabbermouth with confidential information?

7/29 baby!
post #60 of 207
Quote:

I'm also going to give you this.

Ummm... it came out of the oven that way. Now just drink your milk and be quiet.

post #61 of 207
Nice call ShawnJ!

McCain was out with an attack ad on Biden before I even knew he was the choice. They seem a little tense in the McCain camp.
post #62 of 207
Solid pick. I like Joe.
proud resident of a failed state
post #63 of 207
Quote:

Nice call ShawnJ!

McCain was out with an attack ad on Biden before I even knew he was the choice. They seem a little tense in the McCain camp.

I imagine they had one in the can for all the top possibilities.

It's kinda like how papers have obituaries running minutes after someone famous who was in declining health dies.

Or kinda like whether or not Obama visited troops in Germnay
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
post #64 of 207
Oh god, here come the religious right... "Obama Biden LADEN!"

No, no, no. It's "Obama bin Biden".

Obama, the son of Biden?

No, Son of Thor!

Obama Joe Biden?

JoeBama Ob-Iden!

Joseph Stalin ^H^H^H^H^H Biden.

Whatever. I find it supremely ironic that Obama picked the man that was the first to be attacked by the media for calling him "articulate".

Awesome.
post #65 of 207
This is it?
Seems kinda luke warm to me.

Hilary would of been a better choice, for president.

Long live the Dixie Chicks.
post #66 of 207
i just realized how funny it is that the phone message was sent out at 3 am...
post #67 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

I imagine they had one in the can for all the top possibilities.

It's kinda like how papers have obituaries running minutes after someone famous who was in declining health dies.

Or kinda like whether or not Obama visited troops in Germnay

Oh yeah. I'm sure they had one on each primed and ready to go.

They would have complained about anyone. It's not about the truth it's about winning.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #68 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardeeharhar View Post

i just realized how funny it is that the phone message was sent out at 3 am...

Yes it was funny. It's also significant that he used the VP choice to take a final shot at Hillary.
post #69 of 207
Quote:

Yes it was funny. It's also significant that he used the VP choice to take a final shot at Hillary.

"Significant"?
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #70 of 207
Quote:

I'm sorry but how is this a final shot at Hillary? There's a lot of people that didn't get picked and got the bad news. I think if he had picked another woman it might have been perceived that way but not this.
post #71 of 207
This sounds like a very good pick to me.

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news...onvention.Rdp/
post #72 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

I agree that Huckabee is a likely choice and would be a good choice for McCain.

Really,
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archi...15/579265.aspx
Quote:
"[Some of my opponents] do not want to change the Constitution, but I believe it's a lot easier to change the constitution than it would be to change the word of the living God, and that's what we need to do is to amend the Constitution so it's in God's standards rather than try to change God's standards," Huckabee said, referring to the need for a constitutional human life amendment and an amendment defining marriage as between a man and a woman.

I mean, really?
post #73 of 207
Shawn loses. It turns out Obama introduced him as the next president, not vice-president.

I wonder how bad the Obama gaffes will be eight years from now. This guy is declining fast.

post #74 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Shawn loses. It turns out Obama introduced him as the next president, not vice-president.

I wonder how bad the Obama gaffes will be eight years from now. This guy is declining fast.

And Biden referred to Obama as "Barack America." I guess that's better than Obama bin Laden though.
post #75 of 207
Biden has a speech impediment so any mistakes he makes while speaking can be explained away by that...

(is that spin working?..... no?..... damnit!)
post #76 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

It's nothing compared to the Bush misfires they put in calenders and on You tube now days.

" Fool me once shame on....shame on you. Fool me twice shame on......if you fool me you can't get fooled again! ".

Here's a good example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viYtFuMtuZc
post #77 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

It's nothing compared to the Bush misfires they put in calenders and on You tube now days.

" Fool me once shame on....shame on you. Fool me twice shame on......if you fool me you can't get fooled again! ".

Here's a good example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viYtFuMtuZc

I like the desperation behind needing, so very badly, to fixate on simple slips of the tongue in the hope that it will distract us from noticing that McCain frequently doesn't seem to know what the hell is going on.

There's a pretty big difference between occasionally getting a word wrong and being vague on the particulars of how the world works. Iran? Iraq? al Qaeda? Sunni? Shia? Rich? Poor? Prosperity? Recession? Houses?

It'll be fun to watch some folks around here breathlessly report every time Obama says "cake" when he means "pie", certain that his "gaffes" are dooming his campaign, while remaining strangely unruffled by the next time McCain can't tell our enemies from our allies.
post #78 of 207
Quote:

can't get fooled again! "

So he is a Who fan, what is wrong with that?

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around me
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #79 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

So he is a Who fan, what is wrong with that?

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around me
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again

And maybe the most important line in the song:

"Meet the new boss; same as the old boss."
post #80 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

"Significant"?

Maybe not significant in terms of overall electoral math, but it's clearly a snub.

Quote:

I'm sorry but how is this a finale shot at Hillary? There's a lot of people that didn't get picked and got the bad news. I think if he had picked another woman it might have been perceived that way but not this.

That's "final" shot. And you haven't gotten the joke.

1. Hillary runs ad claiming Obama isn't ready to answer the phone at 3am. Biggest ad of her campaign.
2. Hillary clearly lobbies for Vice-Presidential slot on Obama's ticket.

3. Obama deliberately releases news of VP choice...at 3am. Absolutely priceless.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The AI vice-prez office pool