or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Why are Liberals so Arrogant but also so Wrong?

Why are Liberals so Arrogant but also so Wrong? - Page 2

post #41 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

Too friggin' funny dude!
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #42 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz View Post

Well then, take comfort that you tossed a veritable Jane Austen molotov cocktail into my daughters', wife's, and their friend's literary lives. You've turned them to the Pink Side, you toss-nozzle bastard!

Damn liberals.

They are welcome to take my course on Austen in the Fall, but it's full (THIRTY!!!)
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #43 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

That post was dumb? I guess they're right. You come in answer what you like and scuttle away like a crab.

Yes, it was dumb. The post you referenced was dumb.

Quote:

We post questions and you answer after two months? The point is SDW you're wrong about most things and when you're backed up against the wall you run.

Who made you the arbiter of when I need to respond ? And "we" did not ask any questions. You did. Tell me..did you notice I wasn't on the board much in the last month? I was living in the real world. I certainly wasn't running away from you and your vast intellectual prowess..

Quote:

And two months to post.

Yes you won that battle but concerning the bigger question you lost the war. There were no WMD.

That wasn't the bigger question. There was no "bigger question." You claimed Bush didn't make the case that we were concerned Saddam could pass off WMD to terrorist network. You focused on Saddam's inability to launch an ICBM, claiming that since he didn't have them, there was no threat. But you were utterly and totally wrong. And why? Because you were ignorant in every sense of the word. You got to strut around like a peacock yelling that I was "running away" or ignoring you, when in reality it took little time and effort to show what a fool you were.

Now, the WMD: As you would would say "we've been through this before." Yes, I was wrong as were a good many people, including many Democrats and your favorite former President. Only a small, petty man would run around gloating about it for five years, claiming that all those who were wrong (except those he agrees with politically) are now wrong about everything. It's fun, though, to see you use this issue. It's your boilerplate response to any point for which you have no counter. "Yeah, well what about the WMD, SDW?" OK, maybe not fun. Perhaps it's more sad to see a grown man behave this way.

Quote:

That isn't the way it read to me. You said even you'd be angry. But you're doing the same thing you've always done.

And what is that? I said I would be angry if the surge didn't work and they kept saying "hey...six more months, guys." That's not what's happened. The surge has had very good results overall, and some troops are coming home. What has not happened is a more structured withdrawal plan. Really...what do you think I should do? What would be an appropriate expression?

Quote:

So what you're saying it was just hearsay from Bush?

Could you please stop using words you don't understand? I think what you mean is "Bush was making an unsupported claim?" But let's address that: It was a concern Bush outlined. If one assumed Saddam had WMD (as many Democrats and Republicans did), it was not a stretch to realize that he could potentially hand off that technology to a terrorist group.

More to the point, your claim was that this concern was not used as a justification for war. But it was. Many times. Once you were shown to be ignorant on this topic (though not this topic alone), you chose to move the goal posts.

Quote:

That's uranium not urnanium! Sounds pretty nasty though!

Thank you for correcting a minor typo. As we've discussed, your errors are rarely typos. In my case I misplaced the "n" while typing. Thanks again.

Quote:
The congressmen aren't at the top. Bush is so he's responsible. But I know you'll never get that.

This is a point you're found of making. But it's totally senseless. What you are saying is that Bush bears sole responsibility, while those who supported the war with their votes bear none? You are saying that those who said Saddam was a threat, unquestionably had WMD and had to be dealt with immediately are excused for then turning around and saying Bush lied---about the same damn things they said?. Really?

I can understand that when it comes to ordering the invasion (and running it), the buck stops with Bush. But that's not what we're talking about. We're actually talking not about him, but about you. How is that you excuse these politicians while condemning Bush for making the same arguments?

By the way, here are some highlights from the link you didn't read:

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a
great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will
use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies
is the greatest security threat we face."
Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998.

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has
ten times since 1983."
Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of
weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to
countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons
inspection process."
Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998.

"There is no doubt that...Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his
weapons programs.
Reports indicate that biological, chemical and
nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War
status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems
and is doubtless using the cover of an illicit missile program to
develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States
and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL,)
and others, Dec, 5, 2001.

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and
chemical weapons throughout his country."
Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002.

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven
impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for
as long as Saddam is in power."

Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002.

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working
aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have
nuclear weapons within the next five years . We also should
remember we have alway s underestimated the progress Saddam
has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
Sen. Jay Rockerfeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002,

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports
show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and
biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his
nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to
terrorists, including al Qaeda members.
It is clear, however, that if
left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his
capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep
trying to develop nuclear weapons."
Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence
that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a
developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of
mass destruction.
"[W]ithout question, we need to disarm Saddam
Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive
regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is
so consistently prone to miscalculation. And now he has continued
deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ...
So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction
is real ...
Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003.

Quote:

As for the uranium : http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g...5BV2QD91NRH480

Not much of a WMD. Also this doesn't validate the Niger story.

I never said it did. Of course, I doubt you understand what the "controversy" was concerning the Niger story, anyway.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #44 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I said I would be angry if the surge didn't work and they kept saying "hey...six more months, guys." That's not what's happened. The surge has had very good results overall, and some troops are coming home.

Here is what you actually said almost a full year ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001

As for waiting a few more months: I for one said that if the surge didn't help matters I would call for us to pull out. I don't know as I thought about it in these terms before it started, but my feeling was actually that it wouldn't work, or stood less chance of working than it did failing. In percentage terms, I'd say I was about 60/40 against thinking it would work. Honestly. So yes, I am willing to wait a few more months and see what can be done. After mid-2008, enough is enough.

The rest of your commentary is more or less the same, with you calling for troops to begin drawing down in mid-2008, and then "by the end" of 2008, which is sort of like saying "well, we've surged, and it seems to be working, but let's give it six more months."

At no point in any of this commentary do you tie withdrawal to "if the surge didn't work" or if the surge did work. In fact, you explicitly stated on 9/8/2007 that even though you were sort of opposed to surging, you wanted to wait a little while and see what happened but that by mid-2008, "enough is enough" and that you wanted the troops to start coming home, since the troop levels are unsustainable anywaythat is, if no political solution appears, there's really nothing more that can be done.
post #45 of 69
Guys, as much as "teh Surge" was good tactics, we had nowhere near enough troops to go beyond the significant-but-hardly-definitive-implementation-of-a-theory (which is what was executed) and had to adopt the real-life "hey, we need to apply game theory and trade a wussified NIE report for a trade in Iran reining in their export of terror" thing.

Iran had us by the balls from day one. Chess vs. Checkers.

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

post #46 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz View Post

Guys, as much as "teh Surge" was good tactics, we had nowhere near enough troops to go beyond the significant-but-hardly-definitive-implementation-of-a-theory (which is what was executed) and had to adopt the real-life "hey, we need to apply game theory and trade a wussified NIE report for a trade in Iran reining in their export of terror" thing.

Iran had us by the balls from day one. Chess vs. Checkers.

No. Our own self-made fear has us by the balls.

I find it intellectually dishonest of the MSM to write things like "The West thinks Iran is pursuing nuclear weapons" when about half of Americans don't think that at all. More like "The current western leadership thinks Iran is pursuing nuclear weapons".
post #47 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

No. Our own self-made fear has us by the balls.

I find it intellectually dishonest of the MSM to write things like "The West thinks Iran is pursuing nuclear weapons" when about half of Americans don't think that at all. More like "The current western leadership thinks Iran is pursuing nuclear weapons".

The point is that Iraq, led by Hussein, was a threat to Iran both because he was a Sunni with an army and a bunch of old American weapons and because he destabilized Shia hegemony in the region. Iran wanted SH gone, and Chalabi made that happen. Now, rather than a brutalized Shia population, we have a Shia government favotable to Iran, an American occupation that has aligned the various factions against US influence, and the likely possibilty that the country will be partitioned, leaving a sizeable pro-Iran population free to play with whomever they like and weak Sunni and Kurd areas that can be ignored.

Add to this an Afghanistan gone to shit, an overstretched US and UK force, and you have an Iran that can do whatever the hell it wants--or at least appear to.
post #48 of 69
post #49 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Yes, it was dumb. The post you referenced was dumb.

Who made you the arbiter of when I need to respond ? And "we" did not ask any questions. You did. Tell me..did you notice I wasn't on the board much in the last month? I was living in the real world. I certainly wasn't running away from you and your vast intellectual prowess..

That wasn't the bigger question. There was no "bigger question." You claimed Bush didn't make the case that we were concerned Saddam could pass off WMD to terrorist network. You focused on Saddam's inability to launch an ICBM, claiming that since he didn't have them, there was no threat. But you were utterly and totally wrong. And why? Because you were ignorant in every sense of the word. You got to strut around like a peacock yelling that I was "running away" or ignoring you, when in reality it took little time and effort to show what a fool you were.

Now, the WMD: As you would would say "we've been through this before." Yes, I was wrong as were a good many people, including many Democrats and your favorite former President. Only a small, petty man would run around gloating about it for five years, claiming that all those who were wrong (except those he agrees with politically) are now wrong about everything. It's fun, though, to see you use this issue. It's your boilerplate response to any point for which you have no counter. "Yeah, well what about the WMD, SDW?" OK, maybe not fun. Perhaps it's more sad to see a grown man behave this way.

And what is that? I said I would be angry if the surge didn't work and they kept saying "hey...six more months, guys." That's not what's happened. The surge has had very good results overall, and some troops are coming home. What has not happened is a more structured withdrawal plan. Really...what do you think I should do? What would be an appropriate expression?

Could you please stop using words you don't understand? I think what you mean is "Bush was making an unsupported claim?" But let's address that: It was a concern Bush outlined. If one assumed Saddam had WMD (as many Democrats and Republicans did), it was not a stretch to realize that he could potentially hand off that technology to a terrorist group.

More to the point, your claim was that this concern was not used as a justification for war. But it was. Many times. Once you were shown to be ignorant on this topic (though not this topic alone), you chose to move the goal posts.

Thank you for correcting a minor typo. As we've discussed, your errors are rarely typos. In my case I misplaced the "n" while typing. Thanks again.

This is a point you're found of making. But it's totally senseless. What you are saying is that Bush bears sole responsibility, while those who supported the war with their votes bear none? You are saying that those who said Saddam was a threat, unquestionably had WMD and had to be dealt with immediately are excused for then turning around and saying Bush lied---about the same damn things they said?. Really?

I can understand that when it comes to ordering the invasion (and running it), the buck stops with Bush. But that's not what we're talking about. We're actually talking not about him, but about you. How is that you excuse these politicians while condemning Bush for making the same arguments?

By the way, here are some highlights from the link you didn't read:

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a
great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will
use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies
is the greatest security threat we face."
Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998.

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has
ten times since 1983."
Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of
weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to
countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons
inspection process."
Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998.

"There is no doubt that...Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his
weapons programs.
Reports indicate that biological, chemical and
nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War
status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems
and is doubtless using the cover of an illicit missile program to
develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States
and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL,)
and others, Dec, 5, 2001.

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and
chemical weapons throughout his country."
Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002.

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven
impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for
as long as Saddam is in power."

Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002.

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working
aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have
nuclear weapons within the next five years . We also should
remember we have alway s underestimated the progress Saddam
has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
Sen. Jay Rockerfeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002,

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports
show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and
biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his
nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to
terrorists, including al Qaeda members.
It is clear, however, that if
left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his
capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep
trying to develop nuclear weapons."
Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence
that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a
developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of
mass destruction.
"[W]ithout question, we need to disarm Saddam
Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive
regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is
so consistently prone to miscalculation. And now he has continued
deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ...
So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction
is real ...
Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003.

I never said it did. Of course, I doubt you understand what the "controversy" was concerning the Niger story, anyway.

You really will never learn will you?

The facts are these. All the rhetorical reasons you listed I've covered previously. It doesn't matter that Saddam was a brutal dictator because he's not alone. There are many. Why did we choose to attack this one? You'll say he violated sanctions. Well as we all know he's not the only one as I've given you a list of sanctions that have been violated by various countries. The biggest offender was Israel. Maybe we should attack them?

I've also already given you a list ( many months ago so I guess you conveniently forgot ) of inspectors and politicians who didn't go along with what Bush was saying. Including senator Byrd who you disqualified because of his previous associations with the KKK. Like that was current or relevant.

The fact that some politicians chose to listen to your stupid apeman of a president is regrettable but negligible as they weren't the ones presenting this " Evidence " that Bush was so certain about ( even though there were questions about it ).

And about the WMD SDW. There was no WMD. You can't change that ( sometimes I wonder if you could you would ). That's really the bottom line as if there was a big arms factory of warheads full of one kind of death or another Bush ( and you ) would have a case. As it is there wasn't, he doesn't, and you don't. A simple enough equation for you?

Bush was the one who was so insistent that we attack. Even over the wishes of the UN!
They still felt another nonmilitary solution was in order. And you use that violations of resolution thing all the time to justify your arguments!

Bush bears the sole responsibility because that is the territory that goes with a leader. Anyone who doesn't understand that concept should never lead. Bush is a leader who runs away from his responsiblities as a leader by hiding behind others ( just look at the long list of those who've fallen on their sword for him ). He has no honor. He's just a sad little man who's gotten away with too much and now will go off to write his memoirs. If you want to blame someone for ruining the republicans chances in the next election you might as well blame him ( although there were many other republican screw ups ). After all I blame Clinton for us having to endure 8 long years of the worst thing to happen to this country ever.

Lastly SDW I don't have to be anybody to ask questions on this forum. It doesn't matter if they involve myself or others. You and I both know you got cornered and ran. You took 2 months to answer my ( easy to find ) question ( I asked you several times while you were still posting so don't give that I was away and busy BS ). And you haven't fully answered the other from midwinter. And if it's your choice not to answer why post? This forum is a dialog not a monolog. If you don't like the feedback don't post.

One more thing. I will not respond to your childish distractions any longer. Like your need to correct me in what you do yourself or your estimates of what I understand. Really could you be more full of yourself?
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #50 of 69
Quote:

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #51 of 69
Quote:

I am surprised that all those facilities are not closer to the Iraq/Pakistan border!

eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #52 of 69
Seems kinda ironic to me that the dirty fucking hippies were so right. Yet, even to this day, no one in the media will acknowledge this fundamental truth. And it's even more ironic that the media's go-to folks are the very same idiots that stoked the fires of war.

Interesting, no? It really really does suck being verifiably right about it all and yet being told that I'm actually completely fucking wrong.

Okay. Okay. I'll shut the fuck up now. I'm sure that's what Trumpt, SDW, dmz, and Jube all want me to do. You know, stop with the whole pointing out of hypocrisy and shit.
post #53 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

Seems kinda ironic to me that the dirty fucking hippies were so right. Yet, even to this day, no one in the media will acknowledge this fundamental truth. And it's even more ironic that the media's go-to folks are the very same idiots that stoked the fires of war.

Interesting, no? It really really does suck being verifiably right about it all and yet being told that I'm actually completely fucking wrong.

Okay. Okay. I'll shut the fuck up now. I'm sure that's what Trumpt, SDW, dmz, and Jube all want me to do. You know, stop with the whole pointing out of hypocrisy and shit.

No Northgate, keep beating against that wall. You've converted me. I'm a dirty hippy like you. I'm voting for Obama and now see what totally racist, evil greedy bastards the Republicans happen to be. You should have health care. War shouldn't be going on. Obama will make all the walls fall down and all will be good once he is in office with a Democratic Congress.

post #54 of 69
Damn it sucks being so wrong.
post #55 of 69
Don't worry, you still have SDW, dmz, and Jube to convert. Keep up the good fight!

post #56 of 69
How could I be so wrong? The world truly is black and white. There is only one way. The RIGHT way. The AMERICAN way.

I feel so much better now.

I'm off to the registrar's office!!!
post #57 of 69

Thoughts?
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
post #58 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

How could I be so wrong? The world truly is black and white. There is only one way. The RIGHT way. The AMERICAN way.

I feel so much better now.

I'm off to the registrar's office!!!

Remember now when Bush says it's night and the moon is out and you look and all you can see is blue sky and the sun who are you going to believe? Your lying eyes or our fearless leader?
post #59 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

Thoughts?

You could just go here!

http://www.anncoulter.com/

A sample :

Quote:

order IF DEMOCRATS HAD ANY BRAINS, THEY'D BE REPUBLICANS
QUOTATIONS FROM CHAIRMAN ANN
August 4, 2008, 1:55 AM
WSJ's Dan Henninger asks . . . - IS JOHN MCCAIN STUPID?

August 2, 2008, 12:25 PM
COULTER TV - MONDAY: CNBC, Kudlow and Co. CNN Headline News --Glenn Beck
August 1, 2008, 3:24 PM
SON OF HAMAS LEADER BECOMES CHRISTIAN, RENOUNCES TERRORISM - Hamas' Christian convert: I've left a society that sanctifies terror
August 1, 2008, 1:20 PM
LIBERALS: STILL PUSSIES - NYT Editors: McCain Celeb Ad Is Ugly Stuff
August 1, 2008, 1:07 PM
IT'S RUSH WEEK AT HUMAN EVENTS! - Bonus Coulter Column! -- The Other Inventor of Radio
July 31, 2008, 12:37 AM
The only advice McCain needs and won't take - Memo to John McCain: It's the Christians Stupid!
July 30, 2008, 5:56 PM
Latest From Get Drunk: - McCain: I Am An Unabashed Conservative
July 30, 2008, 4:31 PM
-
July 30, 2008, 4:18 PM
R. Emmett Tyrrell, Jr. on McCain vs. Obama -

Captain McCain

"[A]n Obama presidency would be an amusing approximation of the Carter administration, complete with vaporous moralizing and foreign policy bungling."

Still not convinced? Try: getdrunkandvote4mccain.com!

July 28, 2008, 5:01 PM
More classy liberals - american traitor novak has brain tumor (karma...)
July 28, 2008, 4:29 PM
O'Reilly Earns His Salary! - VIDEO: O'REILLY ON WEXLER RESIDENCE PROBLEM

WATCH FOR MORE ON O'REILLY TONIGHT!

July 28, 2008, 4:19 PM
College Course on "Coulterism" Sweeps the Nation! - An Academic Exegesis On Coulter-ism | Sweetness & Light
July 28, 2008, 4:12 PM
PAMELA GELLER OPINES ON WEXLER'S PROBLEM - WEXLER'S RESIDENTIAL FRAUD
July 28, 2008, 4:09 PM
Maryland citizen pays taxes in Florida - and runs for office! - Robert Wexlers Hypocrisy and Residency Fraud
July 28, 2008, 2:59 PM
It just gets better and better! -

"Coulterism is undoubtedly an instance of illegitimate coercive communication shaped by the instrumental concerns of faction or personal profit rather than the universal interest in mutual understanding . . ."

-- From Johns Hopkins course description for Ann Coulter and the Problem of Pluralism: From Values to Politics

And they can't stop me!

July 28, 2008, 2:44 PM
I always miss the good reviews when I'm on book tour . . . - Ann Coulter: The Phenomenon.
July 28, 2008, 2:41 PM
COLLEGE COURSE AT JOHNS HOPKINS: - Ann Coulter and the Problem of Pluralism: From Values to Politics

Apparently, I'm part of an "ilk"!

The Coulter style is instantly recognisable; her visual image and appearance are carefully crafted. She dresses and is photographed in ways that emphasise her big-eyed, blonde femininity, yet overlays this background with sometimes shocking invective and the manner of the school headmistress-cum-dominatrix.

Hey, it's not our fault what liberal chicks look like.

July 28, 2008, 2:32 PM
OBAMA SUPPORTERS IN SANTA BARBARA - DON'T-MISS VIDEO!
Santa Barbara Anti-American Protest
July 28, 2008, 1:33 PM
How did this guy become a "rightwinger" in the media? - Welfare Recipient Shoots People At Church
July 25, 2008, 1:37 AM
The Ultimate Resource for the Armed Citizen! - U.S. CONCEALED CARRY
July 24, 2008, 3:53 PM
More Good News For McCain's Amnesty Plan! - Killings turn focus on San Francisco sanctuary law
July 24, 2008, 3:32 PM
So Much for McCain's Amnesty Plan Winning the Hispanic Vote - GET DRUNK: Two-Thirds Of US Hispanics Back Obama
July 24, 2008, 1:50 PM
Muslim "Bugs Bunny" Vows to "kill and eat" Danish, Jews - Islamic 'Bugs Bunny' programme 'spreads extremism'
July 24, 2008, 1:48 PM
America's Leading Hate Group Wins $550K In Math Error - Million Man Math Cost NYC $550,000
July 23, 2008, 9:22 PM
Obama's friends - Crooks Shouldnt Lecture Whistleblowers
July 23, 2008, 5:51 PM
Edwards Explains Why He Hid in Hotel Bathroom - TABLOID TRASH: EDWARDS SLAMS ENQUIRER ACCOUNT OF RENDEZVOUS WITH MISTRESS, LOVE CHILD
July 23, 2008, 5:50 PM
National Enquirer Gets the Real News - SEN. JOHN EDWARDS CAUGHT WITH MISTRESS AND LOVE CHILD!
July 23, 2008, 5:35 PM
MAYBE HE IS SENILE - McCain Respects Chuck Hagels Iraq Views
July 23, 2008, 5:33 PM
OBAMA'S PATRIOTISM - Obama: U.S. Troops in Afghanistan Must Do More Than Kill Civilians
July 23, 2008, 5:29 PM
Bush's Successful Iraq War Strategy Helps Obama Not Look Crazy - NYT's Freidman: All Hail McBama
July 23, 2008, 1:43 PM
More good news from Pajamas Media! - The Rapid Decline of the New York Times
July 23, 2008, 1:40 PM
Did he really find support for his withdrawal plan? - WAPO: Mr. Obama In Iraq

Excerpts:

"Yesterday he denied being 'so rigid and stubborn that I ignore anything that happens during the course of the 16 months,' though this would be more reassuring if Mr. Obama were not rigidly and stubbornly maintaining his opposition to the successful "surge" of the past 16 months."

"Yet Mr. Obama's account of his strategic vision remains eccentric."

July 23, 2008, 2:56 AM
Ann's Recommended Beach Reading! -

The latest thriller by the great George Duncan:

July 23, 2008, 12:42 AM
Ann's Recommended Music -- Watch the Videos! - Jude
July 21, 2008, 3:17 PM
Australian Global Warming Proponent Changes Mind - No smoking hot spot
July 19, 2008, 2:42 PM
American Physical Society Repudiates Belief in Global Warming - Myth of Consensus Explodes: APS Opens Global Warming Debate
July 19, 2008, 2:33 PM
Proof the Economy Is On the Brink of Collapse! -

Teenagers barely able to scrape together $150 for new Batman movie.

Just A Movie? Fans Paying $150 For 'Dark Knight'

July 17, 2008, 7:15 PM
Will The EEOC Investigate Jesse Jackson? - Forbidden Words
July 16, 2008, 8:22 PM
At Least He Didn't Call Obama a "Hymie" - Fox: Jackson Used N-Word In Off-Air Remarks
July 16, 2008, 8:21 PM
Campaign insiders say if Michelle were there it might be awkward for Obamas other wives - Drudge: Michelle To Stay Home
July 16, 2008, 7:49 PM
Ann's Interview with a Foodie! -

With a Recipe!

Fave Foods of the Famous

July 16, 2008, 2:46 PM
John McCain Endorses Obama At The NAACP -

Read about it on my new emergency website: GetDrunkAndVote4McCain.com

If only he ever said anything this nice about a Republican . . .

July 16, 2008, 12:53 PM
The Smartest U.S. Senator Says: - Drill! Drill! Drill!

July 16, 2008, 12:51 PM
Christian Leader Colson: Drill! Drill! Drill! - Oil and the Poor
July 16, 2008, 12:46 PM
ANWAR ARRESTED FOR DRILLING! - Sweetness & Light
July 16, 2008, 12:21 PM
Finally! Liberals Who Support the War on Terrorism! - WAPO Editorial: The Iron Timetable Whether the war in Iraq is being lost or won, Barack Obama's strategy remains unchanged.

Excerpt: "After hinting earlier this month that he might "refine" his Iraq strategy after visiting the country and listening to commanders, Mr. Obama appears to have decided that sticking to his arbitrary, 16-month timetable is more important than adjusting to the dramatic changes in Iraq."

"At the time he first proposed his timetable, Mr. Obama argued -- wrongly, as it turned out -- that U.S. troops could not stop a sectarian civil war."

July 16, 2008, 3:01 AM
Her friends tell her she looks like Nicole Kidman - Muslima.com International Muslim Matrimonials
July 15, 2008, 7:32 PM
How Liberals Wish Tony Snow Goodbye - L.A. Times Commenters Joyously Revel in Tony Snows Death

Compare that to what conservatives said when Sen. Ted Kennedy was diagnosed with a brain tumor on a right-wing posting site, freerepublic.com:

CBS NEWS Sen Kennedy's doctors say he has a malignant brain tumor

Lovely people, liberals . . .
July 15, 2008, 12:53 PM
Now there actually is a fashion police. - ACLU to Flint: Lay Off Saggy Pants
July 14, 2008, 7:54 PM
Schwarzenegger Wont Rule Out Serving as Pres. Obamas Energy Fuhrer - Schwarzenegger Suggests Hes Open to Post Under Obama
July 14, 2008, 4:04 PM
Religiously Offensive Cartoon Enrages Muslim - Obama campaign says New Yorker cartoon goes too far
July 14, 2008, 3:33 PM
Jonathan Hoenig on the Govt-Created Banking Disaster - Smartmoney.com: The Fannie-Freddie Fiasco

"Every hearing in which I see the blatantly anti-capitalist Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) rattling off collectivism and wealth redistribution as sound ways to strengthen the economy, well I don't know whether to weep or throw up.

"After losing roughly 50% on the week, Bill Miller and other investors are welcome to keep betting on Fannie and Freddie with their own money. But for the government to pump more tax dollars into these Ponzi schemes is criminal. Like the stimulus checks, Hope Now Alliance and other efforts to "fix" self-created problems, government intervention is only making matters worse."

Item Archives

A BABY DADDY FOR BOTH AMERICAS

Now there's an Amerikan!
post #60 of 69
Viper: In case some of you are wondering who the best is they are up here on this plaque.

Viper: Do you think your name will be on that plaque?

Maverick: Yes sir.

Viper: That's pretty arrogant, considering the company you're in.

Maverick: Yes sir.

Viper: I like that in a pilot.

I like that in a president too! I'm soooo voting for McCain and all his maverickiness. What. A. Stud.
post #61 of 69
Hey wait.. you guys aren't mocking at all in this thread are you? I'm starting to suspect that some of your postings might not be entirely sincere.

post #62 of 69
Priceless.
post #63 of 69
It hasn't been about the truth or what's right or wrong for him in a long time. It's about him WINNING. And just like the failed Iraq war, he will not shut up until he is dead. No matter how wrong he is.
post #64 of 69
Politico.com

Time to resurrect this puppy with yet another example of strange liberal reasoning. See during the campaign in the fall, we were told that conservatives drop bad language all the time for a couple reasons. One, they simply don't know any smart words due to their limited intellectual capability. Two, they are very, very angry and unstable people who are ready to bomb the world at any time and probably kill someone simply because they are a woman or person of color.

John McCain and a few instances of cursing were used by the media and by posters on here to portray him as UNHINGED and damaged from his Vietnam experience. Now that the election is over, well the narratives change and so does the reasoning of liberals. Now profanity, well it is okay and the reason the media doesn't use it to assign negative motivations, well the times are just changing.

Finally as a real kicker, anytime McCain agrees with Obama it shows he has "class" and is a good guy. I mean sure no one would want to question why a damaged, deranged, hot tempered war monger should be in agreement with you, but why think about that when it is all about bad reasoning for political gain.

So now we have this hear as a marker, a place to remember that the current administration is now cursing up a blue streak and as usual now it isn't proof of anything wrong, just that they are human like everyone else. Until the next election that is when no one will remember that Obama said Kanye was a jackass and if Romney utters the same word it will be proof the man is unfit for office.

Enjoy.

post #65 of 69
Replying to this subject line:

Why are Conservatives so angry, bitter, scared and ignorant?
Who's country do they want back?

And the arrogance goes both ways.
Conservatives believe they're holier than thou.

And don't be so generalizing with that subject line.
There are liberals out there with some conservative viewpoints.
And there are conservatives out there with some liberal viewpoints.

What YOU may be referring to are those FEW WHACOS (Left and Right) that get themselves on TV all the time screaming and spitting out their hatred toward one another.

When are people going to wake up and realize that the whole thing s is just a scam?
post #66 of 69
I'd also like to comment on the subject of this thread with some words written by the thread starter in another thread about fifteen minutes ago.

Trumptman wrote:

Quote:
The exception never proves the rule. Produce evidence that this was an action engaged in by the majority of the group and if you can't, then stop alleging things about the group. Hold individuals for their actions and hold groups responsible for their actions and stop confusing the two.

I'd like to submit that these words are missing the addendum "Unless I disagree with your politics, in which case I reserve the right to say any fucking thing I please. I have no scruples."

They are disgustingly hypocritical.
post #67 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

I'd also like to comment on the subject of this thread with some words written by the thread starter in another thread about fifteen minutes ago.

Trumptman wrote:

I'd like to submit that these words are missing the addendum "Unless I disagree with your politics, in which case I reserve the right to say any fucking thing I please. I have no scruples."

They are disgustingly hypocritical.

Actually what it represents is that there is no level of ignorance that won't be exposed in attempting to yet again, personally attack someone rather than deal with reasoning.

This thread was opened related to a book called Makers and Takers. The analysis in the book is actually done from, shocking though it may be to you, polls and psychological studies. This is the exact opposite of the anecdotal approach so favored by you which leads to the bad reasoning of the exception proving the rule. This book is nothing like the "OH NOES LOOK AT THIS PIC AND VIDEO I FOUND ON HUFFPO and the INterWebs" nonsense in which you engage.

THe first rule of getting out of a hole is to stop digging.

It appears you haven't learned that yet.

post #68 of 69
Ah, the good old "but liberals actually ARE arrogant and wrong" defense.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #69 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Actually what it represents is that there is no level of ignorance that won't be exposed in attempting to yet again, personally attack someone rather than deal with reasoning.

This thread was opened related to a book called Makers and Takers. The analysis in the book is actually done from, shocking though it may be to you, polls and psychological studies. This is the exact opposite of the anecdotal approach so favored by you which leads to the bad reasoning of the exception proving the rule. This book is nothing like the "OH NOES LOOK AT THIS PIC AND VIDEO I FOUND ON HUFFPO and the INterWebs" nonsense in which you engage.

THe first rule of getting out of a hole is to stop digging.

It appears you haven't learned that yet.

You are very foolish.

Shall we look at, say, the last post you made?

Quote:
Politico.com

Time to resurrect this puppy with yet another example of strange liberal reasoning. See during the campaign in the fall, we were told that conservatives drop bad language all the time for a couple reasons. One, they simply don't know any smart words due to their limited intellectual capability. Two, they are very, very angry and unstable people who are ready to bomb the world at any time and probably kill someone simply because they are a woman or person of color.

John McCain and a few instances of cursing were used by the media and by posters on here to portray him as UNHINGED and damaged from his Vietnam experience. Now that the election is over, well the narratives change and so does the reasoning of liberals. Now profanity, well it is okay and the reason the media doesn't use it to assign negative motivations, well the times are just changing.

Finally as a real kicker, anytime McCain agrees with Obama it shows he has "class" and is a good guy. I mean sure no one would want to question why a damaged, deranged, hot tempered war monger should be in agreement with you, but why think about that when it is all about bad reasoning for political gain.

So now we have this hear as a marker, a place to remember that the current administration is now cursing up a blue streak and as usual now it isn't proof of anything wrong, just that they are human like everyone else. Until the next election that is when no one will remember that Obama said Kanye was a jackass and if Romney utters the same word it will be proof the man is unfit for office.

Enjoy.

Where are the psychological analyses? Where are the polls? And, good lord, you even have a link to a SITE ON THE INTARWEBS for good measure.

THe first rule of getting out of a hole is, indeed, to stop digging. Quoth trumptman:

Quote:
The exception never proves the rule. Produce evidence that this was an action engaged in by the majority of the group and if you can't, then stop alleging things about the group. Hold individuals for their actions and hold groups responsible for their actions and stop confusing the two. Having said this, left wing Americans are intrinsically cunts.

Would you agree that this might, perhaps, by a little hypocritical of you?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Why are Liberals so Arrogant but also so Wrong?