or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Random Odd Facts of the Day

Random Odd Facts of the Day

post #1 of 15
Share something random and odd you've come across today or recently!

I'll go first.

My country of origin, Sicily, was an Emirate for over 100 years.
post #2 of 15
Boletus Edulis -- the "King Bolete" is actually the Porcini mushroom. Easily identified and very tasty.

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

post #3 of 15
I'll be making $6.55/hour starting Monday.

Thanks Arnold!
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
post #4 of 15
The photocopier was invented by a woman.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/xanl/ - A young photographer discovering "his eye"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/xanl/ - A young photographer discovering "his eye"
post #5 of 15
post #6 of 15
There are men who actually have sex with dolphins.
post #7 of 15
And with Shawn...
post #8 of 15
The speculum was invented in Paris as a means of applying caustic ointments (mercury!) to the VD sores of Parisian prostitutes.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #9 of 15
midwinter's prosaic and verse obsession is and has always been prostitution. this comes in no small part from the well accepted and fully documented fact that midwinter was born not to one, not two, but three whores in the redlight district of a sleepy southern town. this modern medical miracle, if you can withstand that much alliteration, would have made him an instantaneous international icon of the late twentieth century sexual revolution and modern science, of course, if it weren't for Nixon eating that Vietnamese eight-month-old on live TV on midwinter's brithday. his intellectual raison d'etre being so defined from birth makes his inexhaustible pursuit of all things ladies of the night more noble than first blush would indicate.
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
post #10 of 15
It was only technically three. Two were conjoined twins, so it's sort of a crap shoot how you count them.
post #11 of 15
oh stop being so modest. don't forget that your Siamese mothers were the first reported case of fraternal conjoined twins -- your birth is a profound testament to how screwed up nature can be.

post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardeeharhar View Post

oh stop being so modest. don't forget that your Siamese mothers were the first reported case of fraternal conjoined twins -- your birth is a profound testament to how screwed up nature can be.

Siamese? SIAMESE?
post #13 of 15
Wait, does that mean that Mary could have very well given birth to Jesus as a virgin?
post #14 of 15
um, in Storyland, sure.
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehellgate911 View Post

Wait, does that mean that Mary could have very well given birth to Jesus as a virgin?

So gods saviour for mankind is to send his sun through the immaculate conception of the siamese twin crack whore that is also known as Midwinters mom.

Nice, I like it - beats the official story
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Random Odd Facts of the Day