or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › Time Machine / External HD / Basestation problems

Time Machine / External HD / Basestation problems

post #1 of 2
I have an USB 500GB external HD connected to my Airport Extreme base station. I made 2 partitions. One is partitioned as MacOS Extended (Journaled), which I want to use to back up my Macbook Pro wirelessly via Time Machine. I also have a PC laptop in addition to my Macs. So the other side is partitioned as MS-DOS FAT32 so I can use it to transfer files between my PC and my Macs. The problem is the MS-DOS FAT32 is the only partition that I can actually see when my HD is connected to the base station. It's only when I connect the HD directly to my MacBook Pro can I see the MacOS Extended partition. I tried erasing the HD and re-partitioning it but it didn't work. I don't really want to back up my mac on a HD formatted as FAT32. Has anyone ever run into this problem or do you have any suggestions? I am using Qwest DSL as my Internet service provider, but I don't know if that matters.
post #2 of 2
go 2 the apple store and it will b fixed
I hate 9 year olds with Ipods

What are they listening to, the Barbie Soundtrack???
I hate 9 year olds with Ipods

What are they listening to, the Barbie Soundtrack???
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › Time Machine / External HD / Basestation problems