or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Microsoft 10K warns of iPhone, Mac threats as iPhone nears 1.1% share
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Microsoft 10K warns of iPhone, Mac threats as iPhone nears 1.1% share - Page 2

post #41 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by zunx View Post

The day 25% of people use a Mac, Windows will be history in three years. Windows is maintained solely on inertia and user ignorance. Someone at Redmod must be nervous. Microsoft, do the Humanity a favor and get out of business! Let the technology evolve once and for all. Get lost! You have demonstrated that are pathetic. You are not worth it!

...and then Apple will be slammed by the SEC & EU's anti-trust laws. While I am no expert, Apple's high profit margins, limited selection, & integrated software(product bundling) would clearly (if Apple controlled most of the market) resemble price-rigging & product bundling: prohibited anti-competitive practices. While I would certainly love to see the day Apple controls the whole computer market and Microsoft withers away, Apple certainly needs to change a few of its policies. First, they'd need to widen their product selection, lower prices, start charging for some of their integrated software (I know we all hate this idea, but maybe have 2 OS X flavors), & allow other companies to install OS X on their computers (another dreaded idea). Yes, they would have to open up and allow OS X to be installed on other makes of computers...we must admit that Apple's integration of hardware and software would be monopolistic and unobtainable should they gain the overwhelming majority of the market share.

In other words...for Apple to control the market, they'd loose what we love most about our beloved Apple. They'd need to become a (not completely) different company.
post #42 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by WidnowsGuy View Post

PURE SPECULATION AS MOST OF THE MAC BOARDS ARE.

If you are going to quote percentages then back them up with data not speculation.

And...
Quote:
Originally Posted by WidnowsGuy View Post

The day 25% of people use Mac will be 10 years after Microsoft get's out of the OS & Software Market.

Apple has a VERY small market share and FanBoy's giggle when you gain .001% over 30 Years.

Yes, Apple OSX is great but name one bank, large corporation or Auto Dealership that uses Macs.
90% of Business is done on PC's that run Windows. By default most home users buy the same thing so they can work at home.

Since Microsoft has given in to the fact that people like a better user experience it will only nibble on the pathetic % of users that run Mac's.

Even Graphic's software is being released on PC's first. That's because even Graphic houses are converting to PC's.

Apple has the Market on 1 item. IPOD
1% of the phone market with the competion quickly learning what an end user wants.

Get real here. As long as the Microsoft corporation exists they will rule the PC OS software Market.

99% of what you've said isn't backed up by anything. Why waste your time pretending to be objective in this Apple forum when you'd find many more people in agreement with your own speculations on some Windows board?
False comparisons do not a valid argument make.
Reply
False comparisons do not a valid argument make.
Reply
post #43 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by WidnowsGuy View Post

Giving a link from an article on AppleInsider with no backup link to the data is not very responsible and typical of a FanBoy

June 2008 Numbers show OSX is 2.11% Market share of Operating systems.
Here's a link to the article that doesn not have an arbitrary link to AppleInsider

http://www.palluxo.com/2008/07/03/wa...re-32-percent/


Don't twist the numbers. Apple's Total Market Share is Pathetic in the OS arena.

You should be a bit more careful when you take others to task for providing accurate backup. The 2.11% market share you cited was apparently the market share shown for Windows 2000 shown in the graph. The graph shows Mac OS market share for June 2008 at 2.69% but the first paragraph states:
Quote:
According to Net Applications monthly data, Mac OS X enjoyed 7.94% of the market share in June and is steadily growing.

Then you gloss over the major point being made which is that Mac OSX is growing at a significant rate while Windows is losing market share:
Quote:
...However, Microsoft Windows market share has declined more than 3% in the last 10 months.

In August 2008, Microsoft Windows dominated 93.06% of the online operating systems market share, but over a 10 month period, that figure was reduced down to 90.89% of the market share. Considering that a year ago, Mac OS X enjoyed only 6.03% of the market, the latest data represent 32% gain in the market share for Mac OS X in just one year.

Then again, I am not sure what to make of an article dated 7/3/08 which is peering into the future according to the above.

I think it is silly for people to predict the imminent demise of Windows as a viable platform but you are clearly dismissive of the fact the Apple has, in fact, had significant (and accelerating) market share growth and will likely hold a substantial share of the computer market.
post #44 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by WidnowsGuy View Post

Yes, Apple OSX is great but name one bank, large corporation or Auto Dealership that uses Macs.
90% of Business is done on PC's that run Windows. By default most home users buy the same thing so they can work at home.

I am guessing that what you really meant to say is "that uses Macs exclusively" since it is pretty common knowledge that Macs are often found in Fortune 500 businesses. This is just more of your hyperbole.

By the way, here is at least one auto dealership which is using Macs:
http://www.computerworld.com/action/...ticleId=298043

Added: Here are some additional links that relate to Macs in enterprise:
http://www.computerworld.com/action/...ticleId=298043
http://www.itbusinessedge.com/blogs/dcc/?p=346
http://blogs.cisco.com/collaboration...rise_near_you/
http://news.idg.no/cw/art.cfm?id=ABF...72942D3877FB58

And, in fairness:
http://www.informationweek.com/blog/...e_mac_gai.html
post #45 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by WidnowsGuy View Post

...but name one bank, large corporation or Auto Dealership that uses Macs.

I think you need to turn that statement around, and tell me the name of any large bank or corporation that DOESN'T us any Macs at all.

Heck, I bet even Dell owns at least a few...
post #46 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by WidnowsGuy View Post

Here's a link to the article that doesn not have an a link to AppleInsider

Again with the hyperbolic responses! You can't possibly expect to get your point across when you keep making these widely false accusations that don't hold any truth. Who is really going to believe that I choose an AI graphic that is related to Mac marketshare at random? Now, saying that the AI graph doesn't lend credence to my argument because it doesn't state a source would be a valid argument as I did indeed fail to post the accompanying link to the article that cites a source for the numbers presented.

Quote:
Don't twist the numbers. Apple's Total Market Share is Pathetic in the OS arena.

I didn't twist any numbers, i just used a more reasonable metric to measure Apple's success in the consumer PC market. If you think that a company that sells Mac OS X to only concumer machines that it builds should be measured against all version of Windows regardless of their intended use is fair then keep on keepin' on, but I don't think that a vending machine running Windows 2000 or a PoS system running on a cash register in a shoe store are good metrics to get an idea of the success of Apple in the consumer market. The only way to measure this is to compare to their PC sales to other PC sales. Which is exactly what I did.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #47 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by WidnowsGuy View Post

PURE SPECULATION AS MOST OF THE MAC BOARDS ARE.

If you are going to quote percentages then back them up with data not speculation.

I am speculating so I can throw out whatever number I want. I even stated such in my post. Didn't you catch that I believe that to my soul? Did you think I meant that as a fact?

If you tell me to do something, then you better do it. Your post was full of percentages and you didn't back it up with data.

At least I put in the magical "I believe that to my soul" statement.
Hard-Core.
Reply
Hard-Core.
Reply
post #48 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by WidnowsGuy View Post

Giving a link from an article on AppleInsider with no backup link to the data is not very responsible and typical of a FanBoy

June 2008 Numbers show OSX is 2.11% Market share of Operating systems.
Here's a link to the article that doesn not have an arbitrary link to AppleInsider

http://www.palluxo.com/2008/07/03/wa...re-32-percent/


Don't twist the numbers. Apple's Total Market Share is Pathetic in the OS arena.



Wow, you're a spectacular idiot aren't you. First off, you didn't notice that the article said that Mac OS is now nearly 8% of the market, you apparently didn't realize "MacIntel" is also part of the Macintosh marketshare. Y'know, I used to be a Windows girl, hell I even worked as support for Windows XP, but after my little brother gave me his old iBook, I realized how much time I wasted defending Windows.

Seriously, not everyone's going to like the same thing. Some people like micromanaging their OS, so they stick with Windows (and Linux builds to a lesser extent). Me, I like spending time with my girlfriend and not having to maintain a computer, and believe it or not, the vast majority of the consumer market is the same way, and they're starting to take notice of MacOS's ease of use. Sales are showing that, and there's no way you can spin it any other way.
post #49 of 116
[QUOTE=WidnowsGuy;1288394]The day 25% of people use Mac will be 10 years after Microsoft get's out of the OS & Software Market.

WidnowsGuy needs to use spell check...might have flagged "Widnows." I hope my "Mca" will fare better!
post #50 of 116
Here is what I know:

1)\tI have to use a PC because of work.
2)\tI do not own a Mac, but I love my IPod and Itunes.
3)\tI’ve never purchased a single thing from Itunes, but may in the future.
4)\tI am impressed with OS X.
5)\tYesterday, I upgraded to Windows XP pro SP3 after being hounded for 3 weeks by the “automatic update”. This supposed 66 to 314 meg upgrade happened in less then 3 seconds. Why? Because it had already been done. The “automatic update” was too stupid to realize this. Curiously, my laptop that also has Windows XP sp2 on it, hasn’t started to hound me yet. Huh?
6)\tYesterday I had to uncheck the “enable accelerated scrolling” option because it was causing my video display to wig out, requiring a reboot. I guess a mouse connected to a computer is a new thing to Microsoft.
7)\tEvery time I connect my USB thumb drive to my “Microsoft Internet Keyboard Pro” Windows XP brilliantly warns me that “this device can perform faster”. I usually think that an operating system can perform faster, better and simpler. Also, I do know what the difference is between the USB 1.1 port on the keyboard and the six USB 2.0 ports on the computer case.
8)\tI spend half my life “drilling down” subdirectories and I’m sick of it. XP is too stupid to realize that one uses different programs in the course of a project and that every human being puts those different kinds of files in the same subdirectory. Oh yeah, the concept that one would like to keep different versions of the same file is totally foreign to Microsoft. Do they give new employees free lobotomies? Do they put stupid pills in the coffee every morning? Oh yeah, one more stupid thing- who ever thought of copying the “shortcut” instead of the file to a thumb drive? Idiots.
9)\tI will never under any circumstances give another dime of my money to Microsoft in my entire life. If I am required to use Microsoft products for work, my company is paying.
10)\tMy next home or laptop computer might just be a Mac.
post #51 of 116
C'mon, everyone knows Winbloze users rule. They are so productive they have time in their day to log into Mac sites to try and stir the pot!!!
post #52 of 116
They kept talking about Zune. A little comic relief?

That 10-K looks like it was written by a balding blowhard. Yeah, I guess so.
post #53 of 116
I don't care who copies/steals what. What matters is the implementation and if it's a good one. This goes for both Apple and Microsoft.
post #54 of 116
Reading this thread makes me feel like I was somehow timewarped back into the 90's. I thought we'd all grown up enough to ditch the Win/Mac flame wars.

As I see it, Microsoft is treading water while Apple is advancing. I choose not to use Windows for no other reason than I find the Mac experience to be superior. End of story. Using Macs gave me the freedom to not be afraid of my computer, of messing it up, to refrain from having to delve into arcana simply to keep the machine running. And it gave me the freedom TO DO it should I choose to, even in the pre-OS X days

Is Apple's marketshare increasing? I think that's undeniable but to be honest, I couldn't care less. As long as Apple keeps making a machine I want to use, I don't care what their marketshare is. I am, however, eternally grateful that I no longer have to read about how "beleaguered" Apple is, or how they should "return money to their shareholders". And I'm grateful as well that they're apparently doing enough right, regardless of marketshare, that they've made Microsoft sit up and take notice and hopefully caused them to want to make a better product themselves.
post #55 of 116
Basically they ran out of ideas to steal from other companies. They've sat on their asses and failed to innovate anything earth-shattering since Windows 95.
post #56 of 116
The knock-off masters across the Pacific already build the iphone3G legit. As soon as they wrap-up the Olympics and start churning out $50 clones, Microsoft will throw in the towel. Ballmer doesn't even have the cash to buy a failed Yahoo, much less to innovate an iphone killer. This is probably how Rome looked when the hip upstart Barbarians were storming the gates.
post #57 of 116
Microsoft make decent hardware -- only their software is crap. Microsoft should exit the software business and focus on what they do well: hardware.
Mac user since August 1983.
Reply
Mac user since August 1983.
Reply
post #58 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by WidnowsGuy View Post

Apple's Total Market Share is Pathetic in the OS arena.

Then you agree with Microsoft, that Apple is facing a tremendous market opportunity!
post #59 of 116
Not to add to the windows bashing, but we recently installed a 30 inch monitor in our small conference room. Its just fascinating to listen to excuses and complaints as various people (using XP and EVEN VISTA) try to get the second monitor working (DVI link or VGA link) - everyone gets there in the end, just takes a few minutes, and often a reboot.
Can anyone guess what happens when you plug in a macbook pro? 1.5 seconds of a pale blue screen and then - behold - it just does what you would expect - it works! As long as MS keep screwing up on what should be the simplest of tasks - they will continue to allow Apple and even Linux come and eat their lunch
post #60 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by WidnowsGuy View Post

Giving a link from an article on AppleInsider with no backup link to the data is not very responsible and typical of a FanBoy

June 2008 Numbers show OSX is 2.11% Market share of Operating systems.
Here's a link to the article that doesn not have an arbitrary link to AppleInsider

http://www.palluxo.com/2008/07/03/wa...re-32-percent/


Don't twist the numbers. Apple's Total Market Share is Pathetic in the OS arena.

Not reading charts is typical of someone who doesn't want to see a better operating system squash the once they're familiar with. Please don't twist the numbers. 7.24 is not pathetic, especially for a company that is the only real compitetion to MS out there.
post #61 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post

Microsoft make decent hardware -- only their software is crap. Microsoft should exit the software business and focus on what they do well: hardware.

/sarcasm <- You forgot to put that at the end of your post. There you go.

You do realize MS is a software company? The only hardware they've put out has been unoriginal (the Zune's internals are exactly the same as the iPod's), or unprofitable and subject to historic failure rates (the 360 has +40% system failure rate). The only decent, profitable thing they've "made" are those Microsoft-branded mice, which I believe Logitech actually designs.
False comparisons do not a valid argument make.
Reply
False comparisons do not a valid argument make.
Reply
post #62 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post

Microsoft make decent hardware -- only their software is crap. Microsoft should exit the software business and focus on what they do well: hardware.

I can dig it. "Microhard" would be a more appropriate name anyway.
post #63 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss View Post

I can dig it. "Microhard" would be a more appropriate name anyway.

The soft in the Micro... name was not for 'soft'ware, but the degree to which the leaders at MS cooked theor brains. These soft brained people managed to give up real market share, despite being the 800# gorrilla, and having a legalized monopoly on an operating system HOW did that happen? How could anyone even think they could take on the might MS mammal? Thankfully Apple have, and they are taking market share without devious tactics, simply making stuff thats simple to use everyday
post #64 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobegon View Post

Their other vertical system, the Zune, was a flop.

Is the Zune doing that badly? Maybe they will write a Mac version of the Zune software so people with a Mac can use the Zune. Look how well it worked for Apple when they wrote software for the other PC.
post #65 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss View Post

The knock-off masters across the Pacific already build the iphone3G legit. As soon as they wrap-up the Olympics and start churning out $50 clones, Microsoft will throw in the towel. Ballmer doesn't even have the cash to buy a failed Yahoo, much less to innovate an iphone killer. This is probably how Rome looked when the hip upstart Barbarians were storming the gates.

Apple Mkt Cap: 138.78B
Microsofts Mkt Cap: 232.80B

That gives Microsoft about a billion more reasons everyday to laugh at comments like this.

post #66 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samnuva View Post

Not reading charts is typical of someone who doesn't want to see a better operating system squash the once they're familiar with. Please don't twist the numbers. 7.24% is not pathetic, especially for a company that is the only real compitetion to MS out there.

OK you're right...
With XP, Vista and Win 2000 they only own 89.45% of the total OS market.

And that's with Vista being a complete failure.

Go Steve Go!!!!!!!!! We love you so, so much. Loves & Kisses FanBoy

post #67 of 116
@ Widnows Guy
You certainly can't deny that Apple are innovative and are on a roll at the mom, can you ?
M$ appears to be well, stagnant and trying to box it's way out of a corner. Down a little but not out ...

They just have to lose the arrogance that the Squirter shows, almost defensive and really really try to innovate. The market is smarter than what it used to be and more demanding - if they can't step up and keep customers satisfied they will struggle. Even some of the windows techs get pissed off, having to defend an OS that they rely on for a buck.

Heck the only time I've "enjoyed" windows has been on dedicated boxes running 2 or 3 apps spmetimes up to 5. These boxes never go on the net and only do one job.

The time spent troubleshooting a sick Winbox just ain't worth it for the av Joe.
post #68 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by WidnowsGuy View Post

Apple Mkt Cap: 138.78B
Microsofts Mkt Cap: 232.80B

That gives Microsoft about a billion more reasons everyday to laugh at comments like this.

Apple market cap is only 40% smaller than MS' but, according to your calculations, MS has 49x the OS marketshare and at the same time a higher profit margin, yet somehow you think that is a good argument for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WidnowsGuy View Post

OK you're right...
With XP, Vista and Win 2000 they only own 89.45% of the total OS market.

Again with the poor argument. Apple doesn't compete for the total OS marketshare or they would have been offering OS X to all PCs and other devices. Perhaps just once you could look at the reality of the situation.

With this must FUD I think you're going to have to go to my ignore list.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #69 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Apple market cap is only 40% smaller than MS' but, according to your calculations, MS has 49x the OS marketshare and at the same time a higher profit margin, yet somehow you think that is a good argument for you?


Again with the poor argument. Apple doesn't compete for the total OS marketshare or they would have been offering OS X to all PCs and other devices. Perhaps just once you could look at the reality of the situation.

With this must FUD I think you're going to have to go to my ignore list.

Microsoft Return on Investment
Return on Average Equity 1st Quarter 08 46.68%

Apple Return on Investment
Return on Average Equity 1st Quarter 08 22.83%

I thought this was Apples time to SHINE. And don't bother comparing any other quarter in the history of Apple because the numbers as pathetic for Apple Investors as Q1
post #70 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Apple market cap is only 40% smaller than MS' but, according to your calculations, MS has 49x the OS marketshare and at the same time a higher profit margin, yet somehow you think that is a good argument for you?


Again with the poor argument. Apple doesn't compete for the total OS marketshare or they would have been offering OS X to all PCs and other devices. Perhaps just once you could look at the reality of the situation.

With this must FUD I think you're going to have to go to my ignore list.

Microsoft Return on Investment
Return on Average Equity 1st Quarter 08 - 46.68%

Apple Return on Investment
Return on Average Equity 1st Quarter 08 - 22.83%


I thought this was Apples time to SHINE. And don't bother comparing any other quarter in the history of Apple because the numbers as pathetic for Apple Investors as Q1

And when Microsoft gets their act together and Fixes Vista it will only get better.

I'm a Mac and make less than 1/2 as much as Microsoft
I'm a PC and I make twice as much as Apple with a crummy Operating System.
post #71 of 116
aww, dude - I'm lumping you into the troll bin.
Good luck with yer winbox.
post #72 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by WidnowsGuy View Post

Microsoft Return on Investment
Return on Average Equity 1st Quarter 08 - 46.68%

Apple Return on Investment
Return on Average Equity 1st Quarter 08 - 22.83%

I thought this was Apples time to SHINE. And don't bother comparing any other quarter in the history of Apple because the numbers as pathetic for Apple Investors as Q1

Besides confirming what I just said about your poor argument that MS' market cap isn't significantly higher despite their higher profits, your garish use of colours and fonts and now your double posting will get you on my ignore list. I'm sure I'm not the first to add you.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #73 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobM View Post

aww, dude - I'm lumping you into the troll bin.
Good luck with yer winbox.

For what giving actual numbers and stats?
post #74 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Besides confirming what I just said about your poor argument that MS' market cap isn't significantly higher despite their higher profits, your garish use of colours and fonts and now your double posting will get you on my ignore list. I'm sure I'm not the first to add you.


Change email address and come back to give the truth Fanboy's don't want to hear.

Why allow us to add garish colors of facts if you don't like to see them.
post #75 of 116
and they are just realizing this now
post #76 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post

Microsoft make decent hardware -- only their software is crap. Microsoft should exit the software business and focus on what they do well: hardware.

They make two pieces of hardware, both of which are crap. What are you talking about? You know that the xbox360 gets hot enough to de-solder its own processor from the motherboard when you put it on the carpet, right?
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
post #77 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Apple market cap is only 40% smaller than MS' but, according to your calculations, MS has 49x the OS marketshare and at the same time a higher profit margin, yet somehow you think that is a good argument for you?


Again with the poor argument. Apple doesn't compete for the total OS marketshare or they would have been offering OS X to all PCs and other devices. Perhaps just once you could look at the reality of the situation.

With this must FUD I think you're going to have to go to my ignore list.

They aren't my calculations. They are straight from the NASDAQ.

It's a little thing that big boys try and make money at. At this point Microsoft appears to be the BigBoy here with both lousy hardware and software.

Kind of makes you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
post #78 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakesSense2Me View Post

Here is what I know:

1)\tI have to use a PC because of work.
2)\tI do not own a Mac, but I love my IPod and Itunes.
3)\tIve never purchased a single thing from Itunes, but may in the future.
4)\tI am impressed with OS X.
5)\tYesterday, I upgraded to Windows XP pro SP3 after being hounded for 3 weeks by the automatic update. This supposed 66 to 314 meg upgrade happened in less then 3 seconds. Why? Because it had already been done. The automatic update was too stupid to realize this. Curiously, my laptop that also has Windows XP sp2 on it, hasnt started to hound me yet. Huh?
6)\tYesterday I had to uncheck the enable accelerated scrolling option because it was causing my video display to wig out, requiring a reboot. I guess a mouse connected to a computer is a new thing to Microsoft.
7)\tEvery time I connect my USB thumb drive to my Microsoft Internet Keyboard Pro Windows XP brilliantly warns me that this device can perform faster. I usually think that an operating system can perform faster, better and simpler. Also, I do know what the difference is between the USB 1.1 port on the keyboard and the six USB 2.0 ports on the computer case.
8)\tI spend half my life drilling down subdirectories and Im sick of it. XP is too stupid to realize that one uses different programs in the course of a project and that every human being puts those different kinds of files in the same subdirectory. Oh yeah, the concept that one would like to keep different versions of the same file is totally foreign to Microsoft. Do they give new employees free lobotomies? Do they put stupid pills in the coffee every morning? Oh yeah, one more stupid thing- who ever thought of copying the shortcut instead of the file to a thumb drive? Idiots.
9)\tI will never under any circumstances give another dime of my money to Microsoft in my entire life. If I am required to use Microsoft products for work, my company is paying.
10)\tMy next home or laptop computer might just be a Mac.

For years I was told that I would never, ever be "allowed" to use a Mac at my office due to "poor virus controll, poor integration", etc., etc., etc.

For the past 18 months I have been using a Mac Book Pro 2.33GHz as my primary work machine, running Windows XP SP3 via VMWare Fusion. If you must use windows, you can at least use it with the most elegant PC going, and you will still have simultaneous access to all your Mac Apps.

The real irony here is that my parent company has been rolling out dozens of software updates. Out of 11 PC in the office, mine is the only one that has yet to have a major problem with the update process, and the rest of these PC's are all dedicated Windows machines!

Do yourself and your office a huge favor and buy a Mac. You won't regret it.
Pity the agnostic dyslectic. They spend all their time contemplating the existence of dog.
Reply
Pity the agnostic dyslectic. They spend all their time contemplating the existence of dog.
Reply
post #79 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by WidnowsGuy View Post

OK you're right...
With XP, Vista and Win 2000 they only own 89.45% of the total OS market.

And that's with Vista being a complete failure.

Go Steve Go!!!!!!!!! We love you so, so much. Loves & Kisses FanBoy


First of all, fanboy is not capataized.
Now, it seems you've admitted that Apple has a 7% Market Share instead of the 2% you previously said. When did this revalation occur?
Third:
7 vs 89 is a stark difference. but it was 5 vs 95 last year, and smaller before that. You MUST face the fact that Microsoft is going down, despite how much you obviously have the company. Apple does have a long way to go, but they are rising, and microsoft is falling. That's that.
post #80 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by WidnowsGuy View Post

Apple Mkt Cap: 138.78B
Microsofts Mkt Cap: 232.80B

That gives Microsoft about a billion more reasons everyday to laugh at comments like this.


That's one way of looking at it. But a more telling indication is looking at the growth rate of the stock.

Since Jan 6, 1995, MSFT has gone from 3.775 to 25.44 for increase of 574% while AAPL has gone from 10.50 to 156.66 for an increase of 1392%.

Over the past year MSFT has gone from 29.54 to 25.44 for a negative growth -13.9% while AAPL has increased from 132.90 to 156.6 for an increase of almost 18%. Seems to me that the market is looking away from MSFT in terms of future opportunities.


Quote:
Originally Posted by WidnowsGuy View Post

OK you're right...
With XP, Vista and Win 2000 they only own 89.45% of the total OS market.

And that's with Vista being a complete failure.

Go Steve Go!!!!!!!!! We love you so, so much. Loves & Kisses FanBoy


Aside from what Solipsism has pointed out in terms of comparing comparable products, you still overlook that your 89.45% market share is a contraction from their previous market share. Much like the market cap, Microsoft's market share is also in atrophy.

What I would really like to know is what compels someone like you to come to a Mac-related forum and register with a provocative username in a pitiful attempt to stir up senseless BS. And, if you must do so, you had at least be able to make more compelling arguments than "neener, neener,neener, mine is bigger than yours". You cannot even acknowledge that Apple has made significant strides as evidenced in the links I posted above which show Apple even making headway in the enterprise market (not to mention you got it completely wrong about "Yes, Apple OSX is great but name one bank, large corporation or Auto Dealership that uses Macs."
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Microsoft 10K warns of iPhone, Mac threats as iPhone nears 1.1% share