or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Retail sources say its closing time for current iPod line

Retail sources say its closing time for current iPod line - Page 3

post #81 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiMac View Post

... If they don't then this would be tantamount to economic suicide.

Not only that, why discontinue or kill a best selling product just because some people think that this would be 'progress'? ...

I thought I was agreeing you, just as I agree with your above text. I edited my original post to be more clear.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #82 of 82
Oh, and by the by, I have over the years bought four iPods (4G, 5G Photo, Shuffle and New Nano) and I can tell you... I don' t need ALL NEW! EXTRA FEATURES! If I want a phone, I'll buy a phone (which I have) not some excuse for a proper, dedicated, full sized music player. If I need internet access, I'll buy a laptop (or use said phone). Economics. Simple. Just like the VCR haydays. People bought these video recorders with all the latest bells and whistles thinking "Hell, I can do A, B and C with this thing! Loads of connections/editing features! Great!!". What did they do? Recorded a few shows and watched them back once! Everyone here owns shitloads of VHS tapes and most haven't a clue what's on most of 'em. Features count for shit unless you really need them. As for the iPod? Storage and sound quality are the key features that will keep it a best seller. Nothing else. Oh, and don't forget PRICE position.

Now thats the best $0.02 I've ever spent!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Retail sources say its closing time for current iPod line