or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Once the initial defensiveness re: Palin dies down...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Once the initial defensiveness re: Palin dies down... - Page 4

post #121 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by groverat View Post

Less appealing than the ones that ran against him is not the same as "unacceptable".

All right, Biden is very unappealing to the electorate, and he may or may not be acceptable even though they like pretty much everyone else who ran better.

He is also sexist and homophobic:

http://thinking-right.com/2006/01/10...nd-homophobic/
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
post #122 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

My town in Canada had 99% gun ownership, and zero murders. Your correlation is between poverty and crime, not gun ownership - watch "Bowling for columbine", Michael Moore admits that gun ownership levels must not be the cause of the high crime rates in the US, because that correlation does not hold for other countries.

I don't disagree with that, what I disagree with is your assertion that there is a correlation between gun ownership and low crime rates. That's just not true. You're probably right that there isn't a consistent correlation between gun ownership and high crime rates, but that doesn't make the reverse correlation true.
post #123 of 836
Thread Starter 
2006 Gubenatorial Candidate Survey...

Read this shit, it's like fucking amateur hour. Goddamn this woman is embarrassing.

#3 - Sarah Palin opposes sex education that isn't abstinence only.
("Yes, the explicit sex-ed programs will not find my support.")

#4 - Sarah Palin opposes hate crime legislation because she doesn't know what the word "hate" means.
("No, as I believe all heinous crime is based on hate.")

#10 - Sarah Palin opposes gay benefit sharing.
("No, I believe spousal benefits are reserved for married citizens as defined in our constitution.")

#11 - Sarah Palin thinks the Pledge of Allegiance was around during the time of the founding fathers and that "under God" was in it then.
("Not on your life. If it was good enough for the founding fathers, its good enough for me and I’ll fight in defense of our Pledge of Allegiance.")

BAH GAWD RAAARGH! (The pledge was written in 1892. "Under God" was added in 1954.)


[edit]

Quote:
He is also sexist and homophobic:

I don't think I've ever seen more pathetic "evidence" offered for such a sweeping attempt at character assassination.
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
post #124 of 836
By the way, we might want to bear in mind that John McCain is the guy who lies to joke about how ugly the President's daughter is, called his wife a cunt in public, and thinks disaffected Hillary voters are too stupid to notice silly things like actual ideology-- so I wouldn't get too worked up about Biden's "sexism."
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #125 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

I don't disagree with that, what I disagree with is your assertion that there is a correlation between gun ownership and low crime rates. That's just not true. You're probably right that there isn't a consistent correlation between gun ownership and high crime rates, but that doesn't make the reverse correlation true.

Australia, after the gun ban:

"Nothing of the sort happened, in fact just the opposite took place. In 1997, just 12 months after the new laws went into effect, across Australia homicides jumped 3.2 percent, armed robberies were up a whopping 44 percent, assaults up 8.6 and in the state of Victoria there was a 300 percent increase in homicides. Prior to the new dictatorial anti-gun laws, statistics showed a steady decrease in armed robberies with firearms; now, there has been a dramatic increase in break-ins, especially against the elderly. "

http://www.gunowners.org/hlr-au.htm
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
post #126 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

All right, Biden is very unappealing to the electorate, and he may or may not be acceptable even though they like pretty much everyone else who ran better.

He is also sexist and homophobic:

http://thinking-right.com/2006/01/10...nd-homophobic/

That's got to be the lamest evidence of being "sexist and homophobic" I've ever seen in my life. I'm actually embarrassed for you.

Abandon this now, while you still have some tatters of dignity.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #127 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

That's got to be the lamest evidence of being "sexist and homophobic" I've ever seen in my life. I'm actually embarrassed for you.

Abandon this now, while you still have some tatters of dignity.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Story?id=2838420&page=1

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli..._causes_a.html

"You don't know my state. My state was a slave state. My state is a border state. My state is the eighth largest black population in the country. My state is anything from a northeast liberal state."

"You cannot go into a Dunkin Donuts or a 7-Eleven unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking."

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...t-joe-n-2.html

etc
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
post #128 of 836
Thread Starter 
What the hell do either of those quotes have to do with being sexist or homophobic (or anything else)?
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
post #129 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by groverat View Post

What the hell do either of those quotes have to do with being sexist or homophobic (or anything else)?

sexist, racist, homophobic - my point is that he can't control his mouth, and stuff like that pops out all the time. "Biden foot in mouth" gets 90,000 hits on google.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
post #130 of 836
There is a reason these are all in percentages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

homicides jumped 3.2 percent,

But the homicide RATE stayed the same. A 3.2% jump in the raw figure is pretty small, actually. Like a half a person got killed.

Quote:
armed robberies were up a whopping 44 percent,

up from what in 1996? If there were 2 in 1996 and 4 in 1997, there you go.

Quote:
assaults up 8.6

Up from what?

Quote:
and in the state of Victoria there was a 300 percent increase in homicides.

There were 7 gun-related homicides in 1996. In 1997 there were 19. And your spam email source's math is wrong, too. From 7 to 19 isn't a 300% increase.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #131 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

sexist, racist, homophobic - my point is that he can't control his mouth, and stuff like that pops out all the time. "Biden foot in mouth" gets 90,000 hits on google.

Ridiculous. "Stuff like that"? Like what? He talks about how he hoped his son would be attracted to a girl? OH DEAR GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE HE WOULD SAY SUCH A THING OUT LOUD!

Is Biden a loudmouth? You bet. But trying to base a claim of sexism and homophobia on THAT evidence is really, really sad. Don't you guys have some googling about Palin to do or something?
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #132 of 836
Thread Starter 
By the time you're touring colleges, you know your son's sexual preferences. It's not like he was walking around with a toddler with fears on his mind about the kid perhaps being gay.

This is an extremely embarrassing and pathetic attempt at character assassination.
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
post #133 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by groverat View Post

2006 Gubenatorial Candidate Survey...

Read this shit, it's like fucking amateur hour. Goddamn this woman is embarrassing.

#3 - Sarah Palin opposes sex education that isn't abstinence only.
("Yes, the explicit sex-ed programs will not find my support.")

#4 - Sarah Palin opposes hate crime legislation because she doesn't know what the word "hate" means.
("No, as I believe all heinous crime is based on hate.")

#10 - Sarah Palin opposes gay benefit sharing.
("No, I believe spousal benefits are reserved for married citizens as defined in our constitution.")

#11 - Sarah Palin thinks the Pledge of Allegiance was around during the time of the founding fathers and that "under God" was in it then.
("Not on your life. If it was good enough for the founding fathers, its good enough for me and Ill fight in defense of our Pledge of Allegiance.")

BAH GAWD RAAARGH! (The pledge was written in 1892. "Under God" was added in 1954.)


mmm...those answers are quite disturbing as are her alleged following of the neo-pentacostal church. Hopefully false but "dominionist christianity" is...well...freaky. Enough that I'd want a denial.
post #134 of 836
Palin has been abroad a grand total of two times. Her state borders on and has major dealings with Canada, but her staff didn't even list Canada so I guess she hasn't been there. Somewhere I saw something about she had foreign relations experience because Alaska is so close to Russia. She simply is not travelled enough to have a broad understanding.

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #135 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Palin has been abroad a grand total of two times. Her state borders on and has major dealings with Canada, but her staff didn't even list Canada so I guess she hasn't been there. Somewhere I saw something about she had foreign relations experience because Alaska is so close to Russia. She simply is not travelled enough to have a broad understanding.

Hey, now! Bush had only been to Mexico, Israel, Italy, and Chinaand it didn't hurt his foreign policy one bit!
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #136 of 836
but she's CUTE!!!!!!!!!!! God damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
Reply
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
Reply
post #137 of 836
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Hey, now! Bush had only been to Mexico, Israel, Italy, and China—and it didn't hurt his foreign policy one bit!

George W Bush came into the 2000 campaign with far more relevant experience than Sarah Palin. At least Bush's state was bigger than most major cities and he'd been governor for longer than an elephant's gestational period (you can take that literally and figuratively).
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
post #138 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

Australia, after the gun ban:

"Nothing of the sort happened, in fact just the opposite took place. In 1997, just 12 months after the new laws went into effect, across Australia homicides jumped 3.2 percent, armed robberies were up a whopping 44 percent, assaults up 8.6 and in the state of Victoria there was a 300 percent increase in homicides. Prior to the new dictatorial anti-gun laws, statistics showed a steady decrease in armed robberies with firearms; now, there has been a dramatic increase in break-ins, especially against the elderly. "

http://www.gunowners.org/hlr-au.htm

Why are we talking about 1997 in 2008?

The buyback program started in 1996. Crime went up in 1997. The most violent crimes are down now, compared to 1996. Do the research, and stop presenting misleading "facts" that are obsolete and no longer applicable.

Look at homicide. In 1996, there were 354 homicides in Australia. In 2006, there were 319, despite a population growth.

Sure there have been more reported assaults, but that can easily be attributed to a higher rate of reporting. In any case, I'd be glad to live in a country where my chance of being assaulted has gone up 30-40%, but my chance of being murdered has gone down 10-20%.

But to present statistics from 1996-1997 in the year 2008, is simply dishonest. But convenient for the cause, so you do it anyway.

Source
post #139 of 836
"Babygate" may have teeth.

What on Earth will the Republicans do if it turns out to be true?
post #140 of 836
I can't believe that any politician can believe something like that could be kept secret. Then I remember Edwards. What a tool.

Still though, something like this is a LOT harder to cover up than an affair. It seems very low probability to be true.
post #141 of 836
You can bet that McCain is asking about this now. It's not to late for under the bus a new VP pick.


A downs syndrome baby is most consistent with an older mother rather than a younger mother.
post #142 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinea View Post

I can't believe that any politician can believe something like that could be kept secret. Then I remember Edwards. What a tool.

Still though, something like this is a LOT harder to cover up than an affair. It seems very low probability to be true.

I freely admit this is the wildest of speculation on my part, but don't you sort of get the feeling that Palin has a "small town" mentality? And that heretofore she's only been subject to "small town" scrutiny? What we're hearing about is the sort of stuff that happens all the time in close knit communities, where everybody knows everybody and payback's a bitch. People "know" things but there are a lot of "secrets" that stay quiet because it's just easier that way.

If she never expected to step onto the national stage there was never any reason for her do different. It was up to the McCain campaign to figure it out.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #143 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydo View Post

You can bet that McCain is asking about this now. It's not to late for under the bus a new VP pick.


A downs syndrome baby is most consistent with an older mother rather than a younger mother.

Most? No.

More, sure.
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
Reply
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
Reply
post #144 of 836
This kind of thing belongs on Twin Peaks. Not on the national stage. But to someone with as little real-world experience as Palin, Twin Peaks is the national stage.
post #145 of 836
Thread Starter 
If this is all real, then there are two people to blame for this being on the national stage:
1 - Sarah Palin
2 - John McCain

If this isn't real, well then there are still a few mindfucks floating around (like; Why did she take such a risk by travelling for a day after her water broke? What the hell kind of diet/exercise regimen allowed her to look that good 7 months into her 5th pregnancy at 43.... goddamn woman you're a machine).
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
post #146 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardeeharhar View Post

Most? No.

More, sure.

How about, risk of downs syndrome increase with the age of the mother.
post #147 of 836
LOLOLO!!O!O!O!!!!@111!!!!

ROTFLMFAOUID

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOVc9djQUFk

My God. I literally laughed until I cried. Thank God I wasn't in public when I saw that video... I'd be taken away in a straightjacket.

What a sick, old bastard.
post #148 of 836
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #149 of 836
Thread Starter 
Playing with the wedding ring, checkin' out dat azz... my respect for McCain just fucking skyrocketed.
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
post #150 of 836
The body language at the end is just insane. Palin backs off like 10 feet, and McCain still keeps coming after her... creepy.
post #151 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

The body language at the end is just insane. Palin backs off like 10 feet, and McCain still keeps coming after her... creepy.

Yah...that was just creepy...
post #152 of 836
Quote:
" Getting to know you.....heh, heh,....."

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #153 of 836
There's another video out there with a voice over that is kind of creepy.
post #154 of 836
Hey guys..here are some buddies of yours! Classy!

http://dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/8...137/486/580223
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #155 of 836
That was already linked to elsewhere...

Either way she is not VP material.

1- It's her baby but she didn't really try to take good care of it by flying and driving all the way back to nowhere. Nor will she be able to be a good mom if she becomes VP (albeit she doesn't know what the job entails) to a new-born child who happens to have DS. Obviously, her career comes first.

2- If it's her daughter's, then the child is now separated form her true mother. Pro-life and anti-birth-control will only get lots of girls and babies in trouble down the road. Again, her career comes first.

Each could be expanded, but that should do. Most certainly not VP material, but on par for a McCain choice.

Guess he likes her legs. A fetish?

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #156 of 836
This is a strange choice. Almost nobody knows her. She is the governor of alaska for 6 months, and that's nearly all.
Does mac Cain choose her, because she is the only woman avalaible in the republican party who do not belong to the neocons branch ?

One of the argument of Mac Cain vs Obama is his lack of experience in foreign politic. Why did the hell he choose someone with almost zero experience ?
post #157 of 836
Seems to be standard operating procedure for the Republicans.

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #158 of 836
Likely vetting conversation:

Aide: "Would you hit it?"

McCain: "More than that man, I'd choose it for Vice President!"
post #159 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

The body language at the end is just insane. Palin backs off like 10 feet, and McCain still keeps coming after her... creepy.

The body language is horrid.

My wife watched the vid with me and asked if they had been lovers at some point in the past.

McCain has an interesting history with women and he did keep looking at her rear.

However, Mistress Cindy was - as usual - less than 10 feet off his port stern.

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #160 of 836
Palin lawyers up.

I think the baby stuff is a distraction. Firing a public employee for failing to respond to pressure to pursue a private vendetta, then lying about to investigators, is a genuine problem.

It doesn't matter if Wooten was a dick, he was investigated and suspended. If that wasn't enough for Palin, she could either live with it or pursue her case above boards.

I'm really struck by how the case plays like a bush league version of the Bush justice department, wherein state attorneys were fired for being insufficiently zealous in pursuing the Rove fake voter fraud agenda. She's even used the same "the guy I fired serves at the pleasure of my office" and "we just wanted to take things in a new direction" defenses, as well as claiming "executive privilege" in refusing to turn over emails.

I hope she steps down (not because I think it would hurt the McCain campaign-- I think at this point they would be well quit of her) but because on the off chance McCain gets into the White House, I would hate to think we would have another vice president who thinks the power of the office is designed to serve the incumbent, instead of the other way around.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Once the initial defensiveness re: Palin dies down...