or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Once the initial defensiveness re: Palin dies down...

Once the initial defensiveness re: Palin dies down... - Page 9

post #321 of 836
Hot mic catches GOP strategists trashing Palin pick

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...ef=werecommend

Too funny.
post #322 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardeeharhar View Post

Care to explain how a war fits in with the whole Christianity thing?

I'll leave Tonton's nonsense alone, but your inquiry is worth an answer.

There are numerous schools of thought on how Christians should approach the idea of war.
Googling 'Just War" will give you an idea of how that plays out.

Almost everybody agrees that Jesus' 'turn the other cheek' is the best policy to guide actions.

However, the modern development of large-scale weapons of mass destruction and especially World Wars 1 and 2, have convinced a large part of the Body of Christ that outright pacifism can lead to Christians being complicit in the killing of millions of people. The question, for many Christians, is where does 'Turn the Cheek' avoidance end and 'The Good Samaritan' advocacy and engagement begin?

None of this particularly concerns Palin though. If elected, she's inheriting a war.

The 'mission from God' she sees, is much more likely to simply mean getting the whole bloody, and expensive thing over with.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #323 of 836
I challenge any "conservative" to read the following and still claim how they can defend Palin:

http://www.andrys.com/palin-kilkenny.html

I don't expect to get any responses.
post #324 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

I'll leave Tonton's nonsense alone, but your inquiry is worth an answer.

There are numerous schools of thought on how Christians should approach the idea of war.
Googling 'Just War" will give you an idea of how that plays out.

Almost everybody agrees that Jesus' 'turn the other cheek' is the best policy to guide actions.

However, the modern development of large-scale weapons of mass destruction and especially World Wars 1 and 2, have convinced a large part of the Body of Christ that outright pacifism can lead to Christians being complicit in the killing of millions of people. The question, for many Christians, is where does 'Turn the Cheek' avoidance end and 'The Good Samaritan' advocacy and engagement begin?

None of this particularly concerns Palin though. If elected, she's inheriting a war.

The 'mission from God' she sees, is much more likely to simply mean getting the whole bloody, and expensive thing over with.

You are putting words in her mouth, aren't you?

And how can a candidate NOT have considered the value of a war, this war?

If Palin had stood against the war in Iraq, someone, somewhere would have evidence of it. By my reckoning all Christians should have stood against it since it wasn't a principled war to save people from imminent death, regardless of whether or not you buy the argument that Hussein was amassing the tools to build WMDs.

Regardless, Palin is clearly routed in the very real and dangerous secular ideology of the Republican neocons, and this suggests that either she has a warped view of Christianity (which I believe Pentecostals by and large do) or Christianity is just a means to an end.
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
post #325 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

I challenge any "conservative" to read the following and still claim how they can defend Palin:

I don't get it. Aside from the 'closeness' of the personal attacks, What's there that we haven't heard elsewhere?

Quote:

You are putting words in her mouth, aren't you?

And how can a candidate NOT have considered the value of a war, this war?

If Palin had stood against the war in Iraq, someone, somewhere would have evidence of it. By my reckoning all Christians should have stood against it since it wasn't a principled war to save people from imminent death, regardless of whether or not you buy the argument that Hussein was amassing the tools to build WMDs.

I think it's the Dems who are busy putting words in her mouth.

I never said she was "against" the war. She may have well been one of the large number of American Christians who supported it.
That doesn't mean that as VP, she will go out of her way to prolong it.

I've seen absolutely no evidence that she's a Cheney-lovin' neo-con.
But Obama's guys are probably working on those plastics now.

Quote:

Regardless, Palin is clearly routed in the very real and dangerous secular ideology of the Republican neocons, and this suggests that either she has a warped view of Christianity (which I believe Pentecostals by and large do) or Christianity is just a means to an end.

I think you meant 'rooted'. And aside from her being from Alaska, what gives you such a 'clear' idea that she's a neo-con?

And one of these days, in a different thread, we'll discuss why you think Pentecostalism is dangerous.
Especially since I'm of a Pentecostal background myself.
post #326 of 836
Quote:

I think you meant 'rooted'. And aside from her being from Alaska, what gives you such a 'clear' idea that she's a neo-con?

Her nationalistic, me-first rhetoric. Plain and simple.

Feel free to interchange nationalistic with Alaskanistic.
post #327 of 836
She did amazingly well tonight. I guess the next real test is the debates.

Quote:

Her nationalistic, me-first rhetoric. Plain and simple.

That's funny.

That's just American rhetoric. Up here, we don't see any difference in the parties on that count.
post #328 of 836
oh man - The Daily Show is in rare form tonight - catch it at 1 AM (or set your TIVO) if you missed it.

First, a clip of Karl Rove trashing mayoral and governorship experience as horribly flimsy for a vice-presidential candidate (speaking of a Democrat, with more experience and with a MUCH larger city and state than Palin, of course). He was actually slamming Virginia and Richmond as "small" - I wonder what he considers a town of 5,000 and a state of 670,000?

Next, a clip of Bill O'Reilly praising the Palin family for the courage to stand behind their pregnant, unmarried, underage daughter.... followed by a slightly older clip of Bill O'Reilly calling the Spears family "pinheads" for having a pregnant, unmarried, underage daughter.

Absolutely PERFECTION in pointing out some very severe Republican hypocrisy.
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #329 of 836
Quote:

And one of these days, in a different thread, we'll discuss why you think Pentecostalism is dangerous.
Especially since I'm of a Pentecostal background myself.

Pentacostalism is a bit odd in comparison to mainstream christianity.

Dominionism is dangerous. Joel's army is dangerous. Do you disagree?
post #330 of 836
Quote:

I don't get it. Aside from the 'closeness' of the personal attacks, What's there that we haven't heard elsewhere?

I don't care whether you've heard it elsewhere. How do you defend the fact that she couldn't even manage her town of 5,000-6,000 residents even though every other mayor before her could, increased taxes, put the town into serious debt, used earmarks excessively, even though every mayor before her didn't, fired people for political reasons (a pattern that would continue), tried banning books...

Please. I beg you. Defend it. Give me one example of a success she had as mayor.

Still no responses. Everything bad about Palin, whether true or not, falls on deaf ears.
post #331 of 836
Quote:

She did amazingly well tonight. I guess the next real test is the debates.

That's funny.

That's just American rhetoric. Up here, we don't see any difference in the parties on that count.

You've got to admit that Obama is less nationalist on international issues. So if you're criticizing Americans for being nationalist, you are not making a very coherent point.

Then again, Like Fellows, you're another wedge voter, so I wouldn't expect you to support any candidate but the one who wants to abolish the separation of church and state.
post #332 of 836
Quote:

All right, I admit she is a bad candidate - horribly inexperienced, and probably pretty dangerous when given lots of power. I was just taking her side to get you guys riled up.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #333 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

All right, I admit she is a bad candidate - horribly inexperienced, and probably pretty dangerous when given lots of power. I was just taking her side to get you guys riled up.

As you can tell from the 100 or so posts I've made in the last 3 days, I'm pretty riled up. The prospect of McCain as president terrifies me because of his positions. I would almost rather Bush himself stay in office if he could, and you all know how much I hate Bush and consider him a failure.

But the prospect of Sarah Palin in a high-power position is even more terrifying.

Meanwhile, Obama seems to be exactly what this country needs. I had been a supporter of Gore, and of Kucinich, but I've grown to like and respect Obama more and more as this campaign has transpired, and actually think he's the best candidate for President I've ever seen in my lifetime, or could have hoped for, for that matter. His policies are right on the mark. He is everything Bush is not. Intelligent, honest, principled, eloquent, even, dare I say, handsome. Echoing Michelle's infamous words, I think the fact that he is young, media friendly and internationally adored can finally make America a place to be proud of again.

Call me a fanboy. But this is the right man for the job.

And McCain, and Palin are disastrous.
post #334 of 836
For all those who think the press is 'in the tank' for Obama, the AP is comparing Palin's oratory skills to Ronald Regan: Palin's Star Performance

Quote:
Their mother lacked the soaring oratory skills of Obama — a man she attacked as a tax-raising, terrorist-coddling, self-indulgent liberal. But the former TV sportscaster spoke in calm, TV-friendly tones reminiscent of Ronald Reagan. Like the former GOP president, Palin warmed the crowd with quips and jokes.

The Great Communicator must be spinning in his grave after that bit of hyperbole.

I found this article on the facts vs statements made at the Republican convention interesting:

GOP Fact Check

Quote:
FORMER MASSACHUSETTS GOV. MITT ROMNEY: "We need change, all right — change from a liberal Washington to a conservative Washington! We have a prescription for every American who wants change in Washington — throw out the big-government liberals, and elect John McCain and Sarah Palin."

THE FACTS: A Back-to-the-Future moment. George W. Bush, a conservative Republican, has been president for nearly eight years. And until last year, Republicans controlled Congress. Only since January 2007 have Democrats have been in charge of the House and Senate.

Gotta love poli-speak! (from all parties)
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
post #335 of 836
The AP is becoming a conservative organization, sadly.

TPM's been on this one for a while.
post #336 of 836
It's sad that the media, which just hours before was working feverishly to do good research, dropped it all and said, Good Speech.

It wasn't, and that was obvious.

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #337 of 836
Quote:

I did. It is easy to defend her. First even though the letter is written by someone who clearly does not like Sarah Palin, it is still around two-thirds nice and one-third bad. Second, most of the issues listed in it which probably terrify you do not terrify a conservative. If it confirms "Lifetime member of the NRA" the leftist response is probably "Holy shit that sucks." while the right is like "This rules." Finally, and this one that many on this board don't seem to get, adding colorful adjectives and adverbs doesn't make something a fact nor does claiming to know she had "intent" different than her actions persuade anyone.

The other issue is how we have that wonderful leftist meme, the person is totally incompetent and stupid, but somehow manages to scare, trick, and outmaneuver everyone who is smarter and competent and does this not one time, but every time. The conspiracy angle to such thinking is easily evident and makes the writer easier to dismiss. Everyone in Alaska hates Sarah. She has "bitten" every hand that has fed her, made enemies of every good ol' boy she fired and replaced with another "good ol' boy" of her own, etc oh and just happened to crush two incumbents from both parties to get her job and has managed an 80-90% approval rating all from everyone who she has harmed, and who hates her. It is a conspiracy I tell ya.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #338 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

I did. It is easy to defend her. First even though the letter is written by someone who clearly does not like Sarah Palin, it is still around two-thirds nice and one-third bad. Second, most of the issues listed in it which probably terrify you do not terrify a conservative. If it confirms "Lifetime member of the NRA" the leftist response is probably "Holy shit that sucks." while the right is like "This rules." Finally, and this one that many on this board don't seem to get, adding colorful adjectives and adverbs doesn't make something a fact nor does claiming to know she had "intent" different than her actions persuade anyone.

The other issue is how we have that wonderful leftist meme, the personal is totally incompetent and stupid, but somehow manages to scare, trick, and outmaneuver everyone who is smarter and competent and does this not one time, but every time. The conspiracy angle to such thinking is easily evident and makes the writer easier to dismiss. Everyone in Alaska hates Sarah. She has "bitten" every hand that has fed her, made enemies of every good ol' boy she fired and replaced with another "good ol' boy" of her own, etc oh and just happened to crush two incumbents from both parties to get her job and has managed an 80-90% approval rating all from everyone who she has harmed, and who hates her. It is a conspiracy I tell ya.

That's because they want that oil money for the state. You know by selling out everything that makes it unspoiled.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #339 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

That's because they want that oil money for the state. You know by selling out everything that makes it unspoiled.

jimmac, the King of non sequitur.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #340 of 836
Quote:

The other issue is how we have that wonderful leftist meme, the person is totally incompetent and stupid, but somehow manages to scare, trick, and outmaneuver everyone who is smarter and competent and does this not one time, but every time. The conspiracy angle to such thinking is easily evident and makes the writer easier to dismiss. Everyone in Alaska hates Sarah. She has "bitten" every hand that has fed her, made enemies of every good ol' boy she fired and replaced with another "good ol' boy" of her own, etc oh and just happened to crush two incumbents from both parties to get her job and has managed an 80-90% approval rating all from everyone who she has harmed, and who hates her. It is a conspiracy I tell ya.

Ooh... banning books. This rules!
Ooh... abusing her power to fire people for political reasons. This rules!
Ooh... 38% tax increase. This rules!
Ooh... from no debt to $22 million debt for a town of 5,000 to 8,000 people ($3,000 per resident). This rules!

Give me a break. You didn't read it. You didn't defend her against what was said at all. Please defend the above four things and tell me how, as a Republican, you can accept them. If you really think those things rule then... NO WONDER!!!! BUSH MUST BE YOUR HERO!!!!
post #341 of 836
Not since John Kerry's bid for office have I seen a base more desperate to get excited.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #342 of 836
Quote:

How pathetically weak. Would Palin take Alaska's oil with her if she wasn't Alaska's Govenor?
post #343 of 836
Quote:

How pathetically weak. Would Palin take Alaska's oil with her if she wasn't Alaska's Govenor?

The oil? No.
post #344 of 836
Quote:

I think this has to be the first example of a state-wide ad-hom I've seen on here. Alaska, they ignore it all for the cash.

Quote:

Ooh... banning books. This rules!
Ooh... abusing her power to fire people for political reasons. This rules!
Ooh... 38% tax increase. This rules!
Ooh... from no debt to $22 million debt for a town of 5,000 to 8,000 people ($3,000 per resident). This rules!

Give me a break. You didn't read it. You didn't defend her against what was said at all. Please defend the above four things and tell me how, as a Republican, you can accept them. If you really think those things rule then... NO WONDER!!!! BUSH MUST BE YOUR HERO!!!!

I've looked at several references to the banning books and they all reference back to this letter. Any articles that investigate it note that no books were banned and that while the question came up, the actual letter of resignation was something that was sent to all department heads as part of a support the mayor or leave action.

The letter author notes that she doesn't really know what the heck she is doing with those numbers and states that under caveats. She also discloses that she is using 5,000 instead of 9,000 because the city was rapidly growing. I don't have the raw numbers, but if a city almost doubles in size and you have a bit of inflation as well, the growth percent doesn't sound out of line.

The 22 million bit is for a sports park. It sounds like nothing more than sour grapes, but eitherway the money wasn't just wasted. It also sounds very much like something that would be done with a bond issue though the author also complains about a road bond issue which she felt should have been done with general funds.

So now I have read the letter and defended it. I've also addressed the magical four things you believe are somehow impossible to defend.

The author notes her family are avid hunters, that everyone knows her, that she is popular to the point of people voting against their self interest because she is HAWT, etc. It is all just dust, gossip and innuendo. She redecorated... and I think it was more than once and was a big deal! Eeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww....scary, scary, scary. She put in roads but used a bond and I think it should have been general funds.... eeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww scary.

Sounds like she did a ton of improvements while evening out tax revenue and still giving back more of people's money to them when there are surpluses. I can't find a thing to hate there.

post #345 of 836
There was a brief discussion in my chemistry class today of Palin's performance during her speech. The comment I heard most often repeated was along the lines of how pretty/hot/etc. Palin is, even from the women, nothing about the issues or her stances. There were even a few comments by some on how she would make them re-think not voting Republican.

Uninformed voters, here's your candidacy!!
The Story of Stuff
The Story of Stuff
post #346 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPoster View Post

There was a brief discussion in my chemistry class today of Palin's performance during her speech. The comment I heard most often repeated was along the lines of how pretty/hot/etc. Palin is, even from the women, nothing about the issues or her stances. There were even a few comments by some on how she would make them re-think not voting Republican.

Uninformed voters, here's your candidacy!!

Duuuuuuuuude!

I am sooo, like, voting for the VPILF - she's HAWT!
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #347 of 836
Quote:

I think this has to be the first example of a state-wide ad-hom I've seen on here. Alaska, they ignore it all for the cash.

I've looked at several references to the banning books and they all reference back to this letter. Any articles that investigate it note that no books were banned and that while the question came up, the actual letter of resignation was something that was sent to all department heads as part of a support the mayor or leave action.

The letter author notes that she doesn't really know what the heck she is doing with those numbers and states that under caveats. She also discloses that she is using 5,000 instead of 9,000 because the city was rapidly growing. I don't have the raw numbers, but if a city almost doubles in size and you have a bit of inflation as well, the growth percent doesn't sound out of line.

The 22 million bit is for a sports park. It sounds like nothing more than sour grapes, but eitherway the money wasn't just wasted. It also sounds very much like something that would be done with a bond issue though the author also complains about a road bond issue which she felt should have been done with general funds.

So now I have read the letter and defended it. I've also addressed the magical four things you believe are somehow impossible to defend.

The author notes her family are avid hunters, that everyone knows her, that she is popular to the point of people voting against their self interest because she is HAWT, etc. It is all just dust, gossip and innuendo. She redecorated... and I think it was more than once and was a big deal! Eeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww....scary, scary, scary. She put in roads but used a bond and I think it should have been general funds.... eeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww scary.

Sounds like she did a ton of improvements while evening out tax revenue and still giving back more of people's money to them when there are surpluses. I can't find a thing to hate there.

O RLY?

She raised taxes and ran up a $22 million dollar debt, $15 million of which was a sports complex that turned into a money hole (what about the other $7 million?). Imagine if a Liberal did that.

Even so... even if all the $22mil went into improvements... ISN'T THIS TAX AND SPEND???

And you've denied the library thing, not defended it. There was a massive (for the size of the town) protest that included demands for a mayoral recall!!!! Yeah... sounds like it was all made up or exagerrated.
post #348 of 836
So when does Ms. Palin start doing press conferences and talking about actual issues that concern the nation and the world?
proud resident of a failed state
post #349 of 836
Quote:

O RLY?

You can stretch longer than Mrs. Incredible.

She raised taxes and ran up a $22 million dollar debt, $15 million of which was a sports complex that turned into a money hole (what about the other $7 million?). Imagine if a Liberal did that.

Even so... even if all the $22mil went into improvements... ISN'T THIS TAX AND SPEND???

And you've denied the library thing, not defended it. There was a massive (for the size of the town) protest that included demands for a mayoral recall!!!! Yeah... sounds like it was all made up or exagerrated.

Listen. You said no one would step up and defend against the letter. I did. Clearly you don't want to agree with all my points and that is fine and also entirely predictable. However you said no one would respond. Then you claimed I didn't read it which of course I clearly did and even made a point of mentioning specific information from it.

So again, not agreeing with me, no surprise there. I don't have to convince you against your will. The point is the information was addressed when you claimed no one would touch it. Got anymore information that no one will dare touch, read or reply to? I'll be happy to address that as well.

post #350 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by groverat View Post

So when does Ms. Palin start doing press conferences and talking about actual issues that concern the nation and the world?

I agree. I think she should answer questions at press conferences about as often as Obama does which means we will see her at a press conference in about three months.

Exclusive interviews, Obama does plenty of those, but standing up before a crowd of reporters, almost never.

However I really do hope she does some interviews as it is evident she can easily give more than she gets. Obama is on The OReilly Report praising the surge tonight. I think he should fit her in for tomorrow night. Maybe she could go fix her experience issue with a world tour and we can see if all the news anchors sign on and then interrupt their stations with their Palin updates about the plane taking off, landing, Palin just belched etc.

That would rule.

post #351 of 836
Quote:

Listen. You said no one would step up and defend against the letter. I did. Clearly you don't want to agree with all my points and that is fine and also entirely predictable. However you said no one would respond. Then you claimed I didn't read it which of course I clearly did and even made a point of mentioning specific information from it.

So again, not agreeing with me, no surprise there. I don't have to convince you against your will. The point is the information was addressed when you claimed no one would touch it. Got anymore information that no one will dare touch, read or reply to? I'll be happy to address that as well.

Fair enough.

No wonder you love Bush. Debt is a good thing, if it's spent on things like the war, kickbacks to Haliburton or sports complexes. Gotcha.
post #352 of 836
Quote:

Exclusive interviews, Obama does plenty of those, but standing up before a crowd of reporters, almost never.

What are you talking about? He does it all the time. He did a presser today.
post #353 of 836
trumptman:

Quote:

This is a lie. He has a gang of reporters following him around asking him questions all the time.

Quote:
However I really do hope she does some interviews as it is evident she can easily give more than she gets.

She can make sniping attacks, but that's not what I asked. I asked when we'd hear Palin's ideas for national and international policy; her strategic vision for the nation and the world with her as the potential leader of the free world.

Yes, she can read a speech that has partisan attacks in it, I'm asking if there is more to her.
post #354 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

What are you talking about? He does it all the time. He did a presser today.

Good for him! I guess after a while all the "uh's" start to blend into one another.

I recommend the exact same route for Palin. Put her on O'Reilly and then let her have a press conference.

post #355 of 836
Quote:

trumptman:
This is a lie. He has a gang of reporters following him around asking him questions all the time.

Reporters reporting on his actions is not the same thing as a press conference. The confusion of the two is the problem here. Obama took loads of reporters with him on his world tour. He gave exclusive interviews, speeches and did photo ops. Several press reports have talked about his profoundly limited access. This doesn't stop the press from reporting on him because they love their messiah. They'll interrupt the news to report his plane landing but that isn't answering questions.

Quote:
She can make sniping attacks, but that's not what I asked. I asked when we'd hear Palin's ideas for national and international policy; her strategic vision for the nation and the world with her as the potential leader of the free world.

Yes, she can read a speech that has partisan attacks in it, I'm asking if there is more to her.

Yes, I remember the Biden "ideals for national and international policy and strategic vision for the nation and the world" thread you started with such a discussion.

VP is going to agree with the presidential nominee at least through the election. If there is any policy disagreement, you aren't going to hear about it right now from either camp so might as well just ask what the head of the ticket thinks. Biden has already overturned several of his previous positions to align them with Obama including that very important one linked to in my sig, that he wasn't ready for the job. I have no doubt Palin will have been briefed on all the McCain positions and has the intelligence to present all of them well and answer any reporter questions on said positions.

I have to admit that the irony here is probably going to make me crack a rib from laughing so hard. Listening to Obama supporters bitch about teleprompter reading and speeches versus back and forth discussion, give and go and press access just makes me laugh. Keep bitching and please make it even louder and clearer. How about a series of townhalls or a few more debates for all parties involved? I'd love that and I have no doubt the McCain/Palin ticket would as well. Thanks for joining the view that says giving speeches in Berlin isn't real discussion. Now let's have several debates, townhalls, you name it. Sure Obama comes out worse every time this happens, so of course I want MORE of that.

post #356 of 836
I heard a joke once:

A guy walks into a bar and says to the bartender, "BLOGGERS IN IRAN!"

LOLLERZ.
post #357 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

I heard a joke once:

A guy walks into a bar and says to the bartender, "BLOGGERS IN IRAN!"

LOLLERZ.

Listen I want my percentages on that joke man. I've got bloggers in Iran copyrighted.

post #358 of 836
Overheard at the Republican convention:

A celebrity, an Iranian blogger, and a community organizer walk into a bar... <45 seconds later> ...and he said "but I thought that was YOUR special needs kid!"
post #359 of 836
Pit bulls are banned in some areas of the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pit_bull#United_States

Some insurance companies won't offer insurance for dangerous breeds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pit_bul...rance_problems

post #360 of 836
Quote:

Yes, she can read a speech...

That's about the 3rd or 4th time I've seen some reference to the fact that she didn't write her own speech carrying with it the unspoken implication that everyone else is.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Once the initial defensiveness re: Palin dies down...