or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Once the initial defensiveness re: Palin dies down...

Once the initial defensiveness re: Palin dies down... - Page 15

post #561 of 836
Notice the "records" released by Palin were a 2-page doctor's letter. That doctor having been her family physician for 17 years. Never treated Palin until she was 27 yers old.

These are not medical records. She's hiding an abortion/abortions.
post #562 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Notice the "records" released by Palin were a 2-page doctor's letter. That doctor having been her family physician for 17 years. Never treated Palin until she was 27 yers old.

These are not medical records. She's hiding an abortion/abortions.

There is some sexism here as Palin is a women with five children. Her gynecological record must run for hundreds of pages alone.

Just out of curiosity how much medical information is released by female candidates (with or without children) relative to male candidates (with or without children) at various levels of political office?

Abortion would be the worst case scenario.

Much more likely would be premarital sex and/or use of prescribed contraceptives, or some such.

But there can be no doubt that the Palin's are hiding something from their medical records that would prove fatal from an ideological perspective.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
post #563 of 836
Obviously, she's hiding a sex change.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #564 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

Obviously, she's hiding a sex change.

More likely it's a species makeover, from this ...

[CENTER][/CENTER]
post #565 of 836
she got an infection from the lip tattoo
post #566 of 836
Odd thing about this thread (the actual thread):

We're on Page 13, but the navigation bar has page choices for 14 and 15, but when clicked they just pop back here.

---

About Palin, if that was her release, what in the heck took so long? Did they have to bribe the doctor or something?

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #567 of 836
I wonder, had McCain had any chance of winning this, if there would have been more attention paid to her medical record?

There seems to be an unwillingness to engage Palin at her most overtly dishonest-- like she were a child or a special needs adult, and actually pressing her would be cruel.

The fact that she has flatly refused to release her medical record kinda sends up a red flag, and the fact that she is being allowed to get away with it sets a bad precedent.

Medical records, along with "I only answer the questions I want", "I don't have to do any press conferences if I don't want to", and "I get to declare reality whatever I want it to be", make it a massive relief that she isn't on the winning ticket-- or she'd be the new model for the successful politician.

We may get there yet, but the candidate would have to be a CG avatar to beat Palin at being a crafted shell with nothing inside. The pessimist in me says they just have to get better at crafting the shell, and enough voters wouldn't care if it didn't have any biography at all.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #568 of 836
She has been allowed to get away with a lot, which is unfortunate for the future of our country.

The one that will never leave my mind is "Alaska is close to Russia" as an example of foreign policy experience. It just doesn't get much dumber than that, I thought, and that was at the beginning. It has been downhill since.

It really has been an effort in the dumbing and numbing of America.

post #569 of 836
From Troopergate, to Wardrobegate....

Quote:
NEWSWEEK has also learned that Palin's shopping spree at high-end department stores was more extensive than previously reported. While publicly supporting Palin, McCain's top advisers privately fumed at what they regarded as her outrageous profligacy. One senior aide said that Nicolle Wallace had told Palin to buy three suits for the convention and hire a stylist. But instead, the vice presidential nominee began buying for herself and her familyclothes and accessories from top stores such as Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus. According to two knowledgeable sources, a vast majority of the clothes were bought by a wealthy donor, who was shocked when he got the bill. Palin also used low-level staffers to buy some of the clothes on their credit cards. The McCain campaign found out last week when the aides sought reimbursement. One aide estimated that she spent "tens of thousands" more than the reported $150,000, and that $20,000 to $40,000 went to buy clothes for her husband. Some articles of clothing have apparently been lost. An angry aide characterized the shopping spree as "Wasilla hillbillies looting Neiman Marcus from coast to coast," and said the truth will eventually come out when the Republican Party audits its books.
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #570 of 836
There will be more. An more. And more.

The Alaska Daily News... in the comments... just a month ago here were still plenty of favorable ones. Now it is mostly negative, with quite a few mentioning recall.

An article on ADN started off by asking, "Can Sara come home?" because the Sara they knew and the one the world has seen for six weeks are two completely different animals.

post #571 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

There will be more. An more. And more.

The Alaska Daily News... in the comments... just a month ago here were still plenty of favorable ones. Now it is mostly negative, with quite a few mentioning recall.

An article on ADN started off by asking, "Can Sara come home?" because the Sara they knew and the one the world has seen for six weeks are two completely different animals.

Nope, she lost it for them, its almost as if she was placed there specifically to be the worst possible choice . . . "Wassilla Hillibillies" - I see a good band name
. . . this will be her in three years: (i just have to use this image again . . . I don't know why the other thread was locked?!)

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #572 of 836
Come on now. We don't that thar "politics of personal destruction". Democrats are against that. Unless it's a pro-life republican.
post #573 of 836
Personal destruction? No. I doubt that anyone cares what the hell she does, as long as it's not in government and doesn't affect us.
post #574 of 836

You CAN"T make this up. And look at the source........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWZHTJsR4Bc
post #575 of 836
OMG!!!!!

What's worse is they actually kept her as a candidate! McCain should be asked to resign. This is incredible. Irresponsibility taken to new heights.

She didn't know Africa is a continent?????

The reporter also says more good stuff is coming.

And they again bring up the debate over the vetting process.

post #576 of 836
Newsweek claims a McCain staffer called the Palin shopping spree:

"Wasilla hillbillies looting Neiman Marcus from coast to coast."

http://www.newsweek.com/id/167581

And so the civil war begins... and we all have front-row seats.

Time to get some popcorn.

post #577 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Come on now. We don't that thar "politics of personal destruction". Democrats are against that. Unless it's a pro-life republican.

Actually, what we're against is making shit up and lying all the time.

If you want to contest the evidence that Palin is startling ill-informed, incurious, opportunistic, petty and vindictive, then you could do that, but you'd need to take it up with the McCain campaign and any number of factual incidents.

No, wait, I take that back. Continue to support Palin as a wronged woman of integrity. Tell all your friends. Palin in 2012. Please.

That is, if she can avoid getting impeached in Alaska, but that would just be more proof of how the liberals will stop at nothing, right?
post #578 of 836
Meanwhile, the Republican Rump launches "Operation Leper": an intra-party political witch-hunt to smoke out and politically assassinate any who dare criticize the beloved Palin.

Operation Leper

Quote:
RedState is pleased to announce it is engaging in a special project: Operation Leper.

We're tracking down all the people from the McCain campaign now whispering smears against Governor Palin to Carl Cameron and others. Michelle Malkin has the details.

We intend to constantly remind the base about these people, monitor who they are working for, and, when 2012 rolls around, see which candidates hire them. Naturally then, you'll see us go to war against those candidates.

It is our expressed intention to make these few people political lepers.

They'll just have to be stuck at CBS with Katie's failed ratings.

Initial list:

1. Nicolle Wallace
2. Steve Schmidt
3. Mark McKinnon

P.S. - Did I ever tell you how RedState was able to stock Gov. Palin's campaign plane with twenty of these?. We were glad to. And we were glad not to mention it at the time. We are rooting for Sarah Palin. Don't make us add you to our list. Do you really want to be next to Kathleen Parker in the leper colony?

The Republican base has, quite literally, fallen in love with this woman...This grifter. The Freeper party line is that the GOP itself is expendable, Palin is not. Freepers are ideologically blinded to Palin's massive political wounds at the moment, and they are not known for their ability to compromise.

This is epic. Sit down and get some popcorn everyone, because we're about to watch the what happens when political parties go super-nova.

post #579 of 836
Anyone with half a brain saw Sarah Palin was a moron.

Please run her in 2012 ..I need the laugh.
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
post #580 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

If you want to contest the evidence that Palin is startling ill-informed, incurious, opportunistic, petty and vindictive, then you could do that, but you'd need to take it up with the McCain campaign and any number of factual incidents.

No, wait, I take that back. Continue to support Palin as a wronged woman of integrity. Tell all your friends. Palin in 2012. Please.

That is, if she can avoid getting impeached in Alaska, but that would just be more proof of how the liberals will stop at nothing, right?

Some people are not playing with a full deck of cards, if you know what I mean. Palin and their ilk live in a real house of cards, five cards to be exact, the 2-5 of clubs, and the 7 of diamonds. Their house of cards is, of course, course and full of jokers.
post #581 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

Anyone with half a brain saw Sarah Palin was a moron.

Please run her in 2012 ..I need the laugh.

Saturday Night Live and The Daily show won't be the same without Sara.

post #582 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

The Republican base has, quite literally, fallen in love with this woman...This grifter. The Freeper party line is that the GOP itself is expendable, Palin is not. Freepers are ideologically blinded to Palin's massive political wounds at the moment, and they are not known for their ability to compromise.

I am almost afraid to hope that the Republican party breaks into two pieces. Palin takes over the social conservatives and isolationists (anti-trade, pro-union), and the financial conservatives form their own group.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #583 of 836
post #584 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

I am almost afraid to hope that the Republican party breaks into two pieces. Palin takes over the social conservatives and isolationists (anti-trade, pro-union), and the financial conservatives form their own group.

post #585 of 836
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
post #586 of 836
Quote:

I'm totally shocked you guys are still talking about her. As soon as you provide and argument that Palin is "ill-informed, incurious, opportunistic, petty and vindictive" then maybe I'll muster up enough give-a-shit to refute it. It will be difficult though.

Be happy guys! You won! Why do you care about a racists she devil from Wasilla anymore?
post #587 of 836
We care because the prospect of her getting the nomination in 2012 is deeply, deeply frightening.
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
post #588 of 836
Quote:

I'm totally shocked you guys are still talking about her. As soon as you provide and argument that Palin is "ill-informed, incurious, opportunistic, petty and vindictive" then maybe I'll muster up enough give-a-shit to refute it. It will be difficult though.

Be happy guys! You won! Why do you care about a racists she devil from Wasilla anymore?

I'm totally shocked that you're shocked.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #589 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

We care because the prospect of her getting the nomination in 2012 is deeply, deeply frightening.

This is silly. If she's as bad as you guys say then what's to worry about? You should be encouraging her! Besides, are you going to keep this thread going for 3 years?
post #590 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

Oh, now, that would be lovely.
post #591 of 836
Quote:

This is silly. If she's as bad as you guys say then what's to worry about? You should be encouraging her! Besides, are you going to keep this thread going for 3 years?

Well they elected Dubbya twice didn't they? I think that she'll run out of steam long before then anyway.

Bedsides after this perfomance who'd want her anyway?

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/...lin/index.html

Quote:
Commentary: After Palin hard-sell fails, McCain aides attack her Story Highlights
Brown: McCain advisers tried to sell Americans on Sarah Palin, now attacking her

Brown: CNN has found some of their allegations to be patently false

Brown to McCain aides: "Can I please remind you of one thing? You picked her"

post #592 of 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

I would say, "No it's not... Her sheer stupidity alone would ensure a Democratic victory," but then I remember 2000 and 2004.
post #593 of 836
post #594 of 836
Quote:

Oh dear.

They just don't get it. What tripped them up was themselves.
post #595 of 836
Hey everybody! If we learn how to use this internet thing, we can get the young people all excited about going to Washington and burning it to the ground.
post #596 of 836
Right after we identify and kill everyone who didn't give their all for Sarah. But then the inclusion begins!
post #597 of 836
I know. That's what so fucking sad. It's essentially an argument that the internets will allow them to be much more efficient at running the same ol' campaign.
post #598 of 836
Quote:

I know. That's what so fucking sad. It's essentially an argument that the internets will allow them to be much more efficient at running the same ol' campaign.

Does the right have anything remotely resembling Daily Kos or TPM? It seems like their efforts at netroots stuff never gets past hootin' and hollerin'.
post #599 of 836
Quote:

Does the right have anything remotely resembling Daily Kos or TPM? It seems like their efforts at netroots stuff never gets past hootin' and hollerin'.

I don't think so. I don't think that their netroots efforts have ever managed to make the transition from op-ed page to fundraising/organization/targeting like the liberal netroots has.

It's ironic, I think, that the GOP has owned direct mail and traditional media for an entire generation while the Dems couldn't get their heads out of their asses and now the Dems have a massive, massive network online and the GOP doesn't really have anything at all. Redstate? Freerepublic? littlegreenfootballs?

Add to this that people like Malkin and Coulter have effectively been boxed in on FOX....
post #600 of 836
Quote:

I don't think so. I don't think that their netroots efforts have ever managed to make the transition from op-ed page to fundraising/organization/targeting like the liberal netroots has.

It's ironic, I think, that the GOP has owned direct mail and traditional media for an entire generation while the Dems couldn't get their heads out of their asses and now the Dems have a massive, massive network online and the GOP doesn't really have anything at all. Redstate? Freerepublic? littlegreenfootballs?

Add to this that people like Malkin and Coulter have effectively been boxed in on FOX....

Yeah, and the response amongst those worthies seems to have been to get ever more frenetic about passing around thinly sourced "bombshells" that were going to destroy Obama, then muttering darkly into their cups when things didn't pan out. Now they're scheming how to clean house, which is to say "There are still a few people around here who deny that bugs from the future are stealing our hubcaps-- they'll have to be dealt with."

I wonder why they all seem so...... well, like cranks. And increasingly paranoid and delusional cranks, at that, and addicted to belligerent hyperbole.

I usually resist theories about political tactics that hinge on people on the left and right being fundamentally different types, but, man, I dunno.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Once the initial defensiveness re: Palin dies down...