or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Why they hate her (Sarah Palin)

Why they hate her (Sarah Palin)

post #1 of 626
When Barack's berserkers lost the plot

Quote:
My colleagues in the American liberal press had little to fear at the start of the week. Their charismatic candidate was ahead in virtually every poll. George W Bush was so unpopular that conservatives were scrambling around for reasons not to invite the Republican President to the Republican convention. Democrats had only to maintain their composure and the White House would be theirs. During the 1997 British general election, the late Lord Jenkins said that Tony Blair was like a man walking down a shiny corridor carrying a precious vase. He was the favourite and held his fate in his hands. If he could just reach the end of the hall without a slip, a Labour victory was assured. The same could have been said of the American Democrats last week. But instead of protecting their precious advantage, they succumbed to a spasm of hatred and threw the vase, the crockery, the cutlery and the kitchen sink at an obscure politician from Alaska.

For once, the postmodern theories so many of them were taught at university are a help to the rest of us. As a Christian, conservative anti-abortionist who proved her support for the Iraq War by sending her son to fight in it, Sarah Palin was 'the other' - the threatening alien presence they defined themselves against. They might have soberly examined her reputation as an opponent of political corruption to see if she was truly the reformer she claimed to be. They might have gently mocked her idiotic creationism, while carefully avoiding all discussion of the racist conspiracy theories of Barack Obama's church.

But instead of following a measured strategy, they went berserk. On the one hand, the media treated her as a sex object. The New York Times led the way in painting Palin as a glamour-puss in go-go boots you were more likely to find in an Anchorage lap-dancing club than the Alaska governor's office.

On the other, liberal journalists turned her family into an object of sexual disgust: inbred rednecks who had stumbled out of Deliverance. Palin was meant to be pretending that a handicapped baby girl was her child when really it was her wanton teenage daughter's. When that turned out to be a lie, the media replaced it with prurient coverage of her teenage daughter, who was, after all, pregnant, even though her mother was not going to do a quick handover at the maternity ward and act as if the child was hers.

Palin rises above shrill media

Quote:
Don't feel bad for the Democrats. They asked for it. The bunch that President Bush aptly described as "the angry left" has been high-sticking Palin since Day One with a series of assists from their friends in the news media.

As you may have noticed, this has not been the fourth estate's finest hour. Reporters, anchors and pundits have mocked Palin and belittled her accomplishments. They've turned tabloid by going nuts over her pregnant teenage daughter, even demanding -- according to top McCain strategist Steve Schmidt -- DNA and blood tests to see if there is truth to the blogger-conceived conspiracy theory that Palin's youngest child really belongs to her oldest daughter. Some even shamefully descended into sexism by calling her a product of political affirmative action, depicting her as a pretty face with no substance -- McCain's "trophy vice," according to New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd -- and asking 1950s-type questions about how she expected to balance family and a new gig as vice president.

The sexism continued after Palin's speech. A spokesman for Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid called the speech "shrill and sarcastic." That brought some members of the media back to their senses. CNN's Campbell Brown and Gloria Borger were among the female journalists who cringed at the word "shrill" and pointed out that -- while that was a term leveled at Hillary Clinton -- you don't often hear it directed at a man.

Rallying the Right, Confounding the Left

Quote:
True believers even amended their dogma. Palin prompted the left to reveal a distaste for mothers in politics with young children at home. When did they start telling their daughters they could grow up to be president of the United States, but only after their children reached an undisclosed age?

Palin's judges attached no corollary for men in public life. Forty years ago, Robert Kennedy exulted in announcing during his presidential campaign that his wife was expecting their 11th child.

It was open season Monday when the Palins announced that their 17-year-old daughter is pregnant. Advocates of a sweeping application of the right to privacy decided no opinion or inquiry was too intrusive if it could damage the candidate.

Palin's critics applied some new math. Five children, including a baby with special needs, and a pregnant daughter was too much. And, if John McCain had really known about the pregnant daughter, he would not have chosen the egregious mother under their calculus.

The New York Times disagreed with Obama's merciful statement that children are a no-go zone and put three stories about the pregnancy on Tuesday's front page.

Palin has only herself to blame. She refused to buckle. Worse, she returned fire with jocular cheer. The Volkswagen-driving diva, who took the stage Wednesday, ignored the pathos and launched into an aria about the joy of her common life. She is not aggrieved. No millionaire's refrain — mewling over the cost of dance lessons — for her.

The left began baffled and tumbled into incomprehension. Ideology's enforcers don't understand how a woman, any woman, could be a conservative. That a Republican convention, their capitol of misogyny, would not only nominate this woman but be dizzy with enthusiasm for her is an abomination inside the hive. A spokeswoman for the National Organization for Women accused Palin of being more of a "white man" than a woman. Deviation breeds contempt. The Washington Post's Richard Cohen sounded deranged when he reached into antiquity to liken Palin to Caligula's horse, the crazy emperor's choice for consul.

The Alaska governor should brace herself for worse, especially if someone turns up proof she's a denizen of the local Wal-Mart. In the smartest zip codes, they'll turn puce from angry condescension.

Gee, and I wonder why someone wouldn't grant an interview request for this nonsense. I have no doubt it will continue and yes, the regular folks out there absolutely hear and get what the media is doing. No candidate is going to contribute to the attempts to smear them by the media.

Palin should strike fear

Quote:
Journalists last week cast aside the mask of objectivity to reveal they are so deeply in the tank for Mr. Obama most have grown gills. For six days, Sarah Palin and her family were subjected to a relentless barrage of innuendo. Journalists were trying to "define" her before she had an opportunity to introduce herself to the people in the lower 48. She was portrayed as an ignorant redneck from a hick town who should be home caring for her children instead of running for high public office.

Then Sarah Palin got her opportunity to speak, and her enemies learned firsthand why her nickname is "Sarah Barracuda."

Dismiss if you will the rapturous response to Ms. Palin's speech by the delegates in the convention hall and the posters on conservative blogs. The best testament to its power was the lame response of the Obama campaign. They noted she had the help of a speechwriter (the very talented Matt Scully) in preparing her remarks. Well, duh. Every major political figure has speechwriters. Sarah Palin works fine without a script. It's Barack Obama who ums and ahs without a teleprompter.

In my lifetime, I've only heard three or four speeches (all by Ronald Reagan) that I thought were as good or better than Sarah Palin's. She's as much a natural in politics as Michael Jordan was in basketball.

"Several moderate Democrat friends of mine have been e-mailing -- few if any would ever vote for McCain -- but all agree Palin was very strong," Michael Crowley wrote on The New Republic's blog. "The more liberal among them are a little panicked."

With good reason. With a smile on her face, Ms. Palin sliced and diced Barack Obama with the skill she dresses a moose she just shot. There were a host of good lines which I'm sure we'll see in McCain commercials in the near future. But ultimately the most effective may be this one: "In small towns, we don't know quite what to make of a candidate who lavishes praise on working people when they are listening, and then talks about how bitterly they cling to their religion and guns when those people aren't listening."

A feminist's argument for McCain's VP

Quote:
Clinton voters, in particular, have received a political wake-up call they never expected. Having watched their candidate and their principles betrayed by the very people who are supposed to be the flame-holders for equal rights and fairness, they now look across the aisle and see a woman who represents everything the feminist movement claimed it stood for. Women can have a family and a career. We can be whatever we choose, on our own terms. For some, that might mean shooting a moose. For others, perhaps it's about shooting a movie or shooting for a career as a teacher. However diverse our passions, we will vote for a system that allows us to make the choices that best suit us. It's that simple.

The rank bullying of the Clinton candidacy during the primary season has the distinction of simply being the first revelation of how misogynistic the party has become. The media led the assault, then the Obama campaign continued it. Trailblazer Geraldine Ferraro, who was the first Democratic vice presidential candidate, was so taken aback by the attacks that she publicly decried nominee Barack Obama as "terribly sexist" and openly criticized party chairman Howard Dean for his remarkable silence on the obvious sexism.

Quote:
Ironically, all this at an event that was negotiated and twisted at every turn in an astounding effort not to promote a woman.

Virtually moments after the GOP announcement of Palin for vice president, pundits on both sides of the aisle began to wonder if Clinton supporters - pro-choice women and gays to be specific - would be attracted to the McCain-Palin ticket. The answer is, of course. There is a point where all of our issues, including abortion rights, are made safer not only if the people we vote for agree with us - but when those people and our society embrace a respect for women and promote policies that increase our personal wealth, power and political influence.

Make no mistake - the Democratic Party and its nominee have created the powerhouse that is Sarah Palin, and the party's increased attacks on her (and even on her daughter) reflect that panic.

The party has moved from taking the female vote for granted to outright contempt for women. That's why Palin represents the most serious conservative threat ever to the modern liberal claim on issues of cultural and social superiority. Why? Because men and women who never before would have considered voting for a Republican have either decided, or are seriously considering, doing so.

They are deciding women's rights must be more than a slogan and actually belong to every woman, not just the sort approved of by left-wing special interest groups.

Palin's candidacy brings both figurative and literal feminist change. The simple act of thinking outside the liberal box, which has insisted for generations that only liberals and Democrats can be trusted on issues of import to women, is the political equivalent of a nuclear explosion.

BOOOOOM

Quote:
On the day McCain announced her selection as his running mate, Palin thanked Clinton and Ferraro for blazing her trail. A day later, Ferraro noted her shock at Palin's comment. You see, none of her peers, no one, had ever publicly thanked her in the 24 years since her historic run for the White House. Ferraro has since refused to divulge for whom she's voting. Many more now are realizing that it does indeed take a woman - who happens to be a Republican named Sarah Palin.

Keep denying it. Keep spinning it. Palin is going to help change this election. Obama claims to represent change and for his first and most important choice chose a 35 year serving, 65 year old white man who, while nice has the sorts of slips and quips that reflect the thinking that goes on behind the PC platitudes. Obama chose the past.

McCain chose the future. He chose the new and the different. Those who claim to want different showed with their scorn and disdain that they want the same old thing and they used the same old sexist, misogynistic arguments to slap at and attempt to define the true change in this campaign. That first decision really did reveal a lot about each man.

Can anyone tell me how a state governor, any state governor gains experience in foreign policy while serving their state? Executive experience is what counts and that is why we seldom if ever select senators for president and often elect governors. In this instance we can't elect a governor but I know which I would rather put a heartbeat away.

Every hurdle screamed about with regard to Palin will be approached, met and cleared. The left knows this and it is what has them in such a panic. They can scream about it early and often. They can demand their made-up checklist of priorities be met and that the people we elect to lead somehow follow their priorities and timelines. It won't happen. Reporters can cast their disdain and scorn around forgetting that they are to report the news instead of creating it. The profit reports will show rivers of red ink. Their spin will not alter the reality, and in the end, the electorate will not buy their lie.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #2 of 626
It's McCain.

Palin and McCains Shotgun Marriage

Quote:
God only made one John McCain, and he is his own man, said the shafted Lieberman in his own tedious convention speech last week. What a pathetic dupe. McCain is now the man of James Dobson and Tony Perkins.

Quote:
His decision-making process is impetuous and, in its Bush-like preference for gut instinct over facts, potentially reckless.

As far as Palin is concerned, they didn't even bother vetting her and surprise, surprise, she isn't even qualified to campaign, let alone lead. She's hiding from the press because she can't even answer questions on the issues.
post #3 of 626
Thank you, Hurricane Trumptman.
post #4 of 626
victimize Palin, get pity votes, please go ahead.

I don't care much about her gender or family life - she wants to teach creationism in schools, that's a deal breaker for me (I am a scientist, I can't help it).
post #5 of 626
The only "panic" I feel is caused by knowing we're so close to idiocracy in this country, that Republicans seem to be good at playing the American people for idiots and being richly rewarded for it.

I still think Obama is going to win, but I'm ashamed of this country that it's even close enough a race that I can't say so with great certainty.
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
post #6 of 626
Hate her? We don't even know her! And oddly enough, that's just how McCain's people want it.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #7 of 626
Biden is kinda a rock-star:

Quote:
Asked whether he'd debate Palin differently than he would Republicans Mitt Romney or Tom Ridge, two former governors who figured into speculation about John McCain's running mate, Biden said the only difference is that he knows their positions on issues.

''I have no idea what her policies are. I assume they're the same as John's. I just don't know,'' he said of Palin.

Quote:
''Everybody talks about change. Let me tell you something, I am fascinated to find out that all of the sudden John McCain and Sarah Palin are the agents of change,'' Biden said. ''Name me one single place where the McCain-Palin ticket disagrees with George Bush.''

Now, obviously, McCain's campaign will try to shift the change argument to the less principled culture of Washington, but I am not sure that that will be successful as McCain is part and parcel of that culture... At least for the moment Obama's campaign is keeping it high brow in the mud.
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
post #8 of 626
Don't pick on the girl, she's too fragile and weak to answer questions from mean 'ole boys.
proud resident of a failed state
proud resident of a failed state
post #9 of 626
The idea that the only negative response to Palin consists of sexist attacks is simply, and very obviously, untrue. Embellishing a falsehood with feverish imaginings about what something that isn't happening indicates about people that don't exist is a waste of everyone's time, to be charitable.

Anyone obliged to argue from such transparently dishonest position doesn't have a serious case to make.

There's really nothing else worth saying about this. Good night.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #10 of 626
It is so good it deserves replaying everywhere: The Republican take on the gender card:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/in...in-gender-card

The full episode is chock full of examples of similar quality.

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #11 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by groverat View Post

Don't pick on the girl, she's too fragile and weak to answer questions from mean 'ole boys.

Didn't she call herself a lipstick-wearing pit-bull?

post #12 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

Thank you, Hurricane Trumptman.

You're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

Somehow I find it hard to believe the honesty of these arguments.

Don't worry. Your endorsement isn't necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post

victimize Palin, get pity votes, please go ahead.

I don't care much about her gender or family life - she wants to teach creationism in schools, that's a deal breaker for me (I am a scientist, I can't help it).

Hey look, a policy disagreement. I'm pretty sure those aren't sexist so you are in the clear SC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardeeharhar View Post

Funny, but you seem to be citing media sources in your attempts to justify your perception that the media is a single voter block behind Obama. Now, one would have to be an idiot if they didn't see that hackneyed argument as bit, um, well blatantly false...

You know Obama seems to be doing this as well. He just dismissively complains that Republicans are just "making stuff up," goes about his merry way and drops a couple more points in the polls. I hope that trend continues.

Finally the media are only donating to Democrats at a rate of 100 to 1. So sure, there is still that one out there. However it is pretty clear the rest want Obama. Call it hackneyed. Call it making up stuff and please, continue to dismiss it instead of addressing it. I put my stake down about how this would play out in the media bias thread and I would say that so far, I am dead on.

Quote:
Forgetting Obama, what does choice of future or past have to do with anything? Honestly, the statement that someone choose the past is meaningless. The problem with you Nick, is that you believe these chest thumping expressions mean something. They do not, and no matter how much you ruffle your feathers, you look like an impassioned idiot whenever you do.

Were you expecting McCain not to receive a post convention bounce? It looks like it was about the same size as Obama's...

Chest bumping expressions, you mean like HOPE, CHANGE and "heartbeat away from the presidency?" By the reckoning of many on here and many in the media, McCain had just tossed away his bounce and his chances at the presidency. I'd also call it bigger than Obama's since he is now tied and before he was down a few points.

Quote:
None of this means a damned thing, and yes you need to be called on it.

Then let me repeat it so the 18 million can hear it. You aren't the female voter or Hillary supporter.

McCain chose the future. He chose the new and the different. Those who claim to want different showed with their scorn and disdain that they want the same old thing and they used the same old sexist, misogynistic arguments to slap at and attempt to define the true change in this campaign. That first decision really did reveal a lot about each man.

HOPE + CHANGE = 65 year old white male Joe Biden OVER Hillary Clinton who is fully qualified and actually earned those votes.

Quote:
*coughBillRichardson*

No problem there, you will note that I very much promoted Bill Richardson early in the primary discussions on here. I liked him very much as a candidate. Apparently though in both ignoring him and selecting Obama, Democratic voters could care less about foreign policy experience. It is ironic that they now attempt to disqualify a historic choice with their non-priority.

Quote:
Funny. Let's go with executive experience is what counts. Please explain how Palin helps McCain with his executive experience. Really, this will be sooo terribly interesting.

McCain has executive experience from his time in the military so he doesn't need help.

Quote:
Any meaning is this paragraph is unfortunately covered in the spittle Nick produced while writing it. Whose profits will run red (they aren't profits, then, by the way Nick)?

I typed correct. The losses are real.

Quote:
I don't think the left is as frightened as much as the right is. The right is the one writing shotgun articles about how good Palin really is, as if they need to be convinced. This notably didn't happen with the Biden pick because everyone, left and right agreed that it was a good clear sighted what's good for america pick; the few articles mentioning issues almost all come back to the fact that the man has a mouth. Not so much for Palin. Not even the right can agree on that. Instead of running on the issues and what differentiates the two potential administrations, ALL of the editorials and blog posts coming out from right field are discussing Palin's life story. It isn't relevant and is a major major distraction.

Well some of us would call that the media bias rather than some universal sentiment about Biden. The size of the number of constituents they represent is roughly the same yet only Palin has had to endure the small town/hick claims. There are no/not many "Delaware, who gives a shit about small time Delaware and why would Obama make a pick from a state that is already in the bag for him, gives him only 3 delegates, and doesn't improve his standing with any expanded base of voters" because the media doesn't desire to slap him down. Biden, old, broke, more of the same, never gained traction with voters outside of Delaware ever, is long winded, etc. Those articles don't seem to be getting written.

Quote:
Perhaps this is ok with you Nick, as long as your man gets elected, to hell with what is good for the country, but I am outraged at the deliberate attempts to make this election about Palin instead of about tax reform, healthcare, global warming, the economy... What Palin didn't do in Alaska is relevant, but you don't even want that discussed... Pity really, I thought John McCain wanted a heightened level of discourse, it seems he was asking too much of conservatives...

Last I checked, the views of one alone didn't determine what was "good for the country." Be outraged. I'd love an issues thread on Palin. The only ones I have seen started so far are a "WTF" thread and another asking if her kids are hers. Perhaps you will now go be outraged at those folks for a bit but I doubt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

The idea that the only negative response to Palin consists of sexist attacks is simply, and very obviously, untrue. Embellishing a falsehood with feverish imaginings about what something that isn't happening indicates about people that don't exist is a waste of everyone's time, to be charitable.

Anyone obliged to argue from such transparently dishonest position doesn't have a serious case to make.

There's really nothing else worth saying about this. Good night.

Good night. I'm glad to know I imagined all those words and links I added in the original post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

It is so good it deserves replaying everywhere: The Republican take on the gender card:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/in...in-gender-card

The full episode is chock full of examples of similar quality.

After Democrats lose this presidential election, I wonder if they will realize that the Daily Show and Colbert Report aren't real news?

Finally, yes the retractions are starting to roll in.

Some more personal crap instead of issues that we can now write off...

No, Sarah Palin didnt support Pat Buchanan in the 1999-2000 campaign; she was an official on the campaign of Republican presidential contender Steve Forbes.

No, her eldest son Track (who is deploying to Iraq this week) didnt join the National Guard because he was a drug addict.

No, her daughters Willow and Piper arent named after witches on TV.

No, shes not anti-Semitic. In fact, she has an Israeli flag in her office, and quietly turned up for services at a newly opened Wasilla synagogue to pay her respects.

No, she didnt cut funding for unwed mothers, but increased it by 354 percent (and no, the Washington Post doesnt appear to have corrected its story about this despite being asked to do so).

Finally some more examples of the witchhunt/sexism.

Quote:
ersonally, I dont find it funny when New York magazine runs a headline Levi Johnston and Fat Girlfriend Arrive in St. Paul. Or when the Washington Posts online magazine, Slate, launches a Name Bristol Palins Baby contest.

Richard Cohen, leading columnist at the Washington Post thought it was acceptable (even amusing) to compare Sarah Palin to a horse, and so, judging by many of their online comments, did his readers. I dont want to even begin imagining the outcry if the Washington Post had instead compared Barack Obama an actual political candidate to an animal.

Im someone who shares the Lefts purported views on equal rights, and essentially agrees with them on issues such as abortion, gays, and gun control (though firmly disagreeing with them on bigger issues such as the economy, foreign policy, and helping spread democracy abroad). But it is precisely the kind of McCarthyite-style witchhunt we have witnessed in the past week against the Palins by the Lefts phony feminists and snooty media establishment that makes me and many others I know stay well clear of the Left.

post #13 of 626
The video I linked to showed comments from:

Karl Rove

Bill O'Reilly

Dick Morris

Nancy Pfotenhauer (an important member of McCain's staff)

As far as the gender card is concerned, the Republicans have nothing, period, because they have already canceled themselves out. These four are absolutely ridiculous.

The Daily Show only supplied the video.

post #14 of 626
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,6802141.story

And some math:

Before conventions:
McCain 44
Obama 45

After Dem:
McCain 43
Obama 49

After Repub:
McCain 47
Obama 46

As compared to pre-convention percentages:
Obama "Bump": 4 points up (McCain 1 point down): 5 points
McCain "Bump": 3 points up (Obama 1 point up): 2 points

oops... math seems to say McCain got a smaller bump than Obama when using the statistically appropriate pre-convention numbers...

Even when using the post-DNC numbers, McCain's bump is 4 points up (Obama 3 points down), 7 points... Neither of these bumps are very large, and they are within error of each other...

Not that I doubt the poll itself, but the Gallup poll that is heavily biasing these numbers shows a 50-46 split in registered voters and a 54-44 split in likely voters. This massive change seems a bit, well, strange...
post #15 of 626
By the way, Gallup daily tracking poll, while a neat indicator, has no bearing on anything. The U.S. President is not elected by popular vote.

You want a good indicate of what will happen, take a peek here.*

* Having a hard time connecting right now. But bookmark it.

This one too...

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/

post #16 of 626
Just a normal bounce.

post #17 of 626
It is quite amusing at the lies the right wing pundits are spreading in their recent editorials. It seems that the democrats have crossed lines that no one even approached -- but I guess when you have a deceitful meme that works go with it.
post #18 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

By the way, Gallup daily tracking poll, while a neat indicator, has no bearing on anything. The U.S. President is not elected by popular vote.

You want a good indicate of what will happen, take a peek here.*

* Having a hard time connecting right now. But bookmark it.

This one too...

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/

I think his model is still mostly reflecting Obama bounce I think (since conventions being on top of each other like this election is unique, he decided to take that adjustment out of the model because he thought it was too much guesswork). It'll probably be closer to 50/50 (under 60% at any rate) by the end of the week.
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
post #19 of 626
The only thing that concerns me are the voter purging and caging going on within the Republicans. They did it in 2000, 2004 and more than likely in 2008.

According to many election observers, voter caging is a controversial political tactic that typically targets minority voters to directly disenfranchise them or suppress their vote by intimidation. Republican officials, on the other hand, maintain that voter caging is part of what they describe as “ballot security” measures necessary to combat voter fraud.

Greg Palast, Author of Armed Madhouse, on How Rove May Have Already Stolen the 2008 Election

Caging Democracy (PDF) http://www.projectvote.org/

Stealing America Documentary trailer

This should be on the front page of every newspaper in America.
post #20 of 626
WHAT A GREAT JOB YOU DID.....THANK YOU THANK YOU

liberals, democrats are in a panic, how dare someone else spearhead "liberal" ideals, gee wiz, it took a conservative to show what honesty is, liberals are all about "good intentions"
"feel good politics" obama isn't for change its for old school democratic positions....platitude, style not substance

i love this part of the above...

"McCain chose the future. He chose the new and the different. Those who claim to want different showed with their scorn and disdain that they want the same old thing and they used the same old sexist, misogynistic arguments to slap at and attempt to define the true change in this campaign. That first decision really did reveal a lot about each man."

THE PANIC WILL CONTINUE, women see this as an attack, and the "watch dog" media are just "liberal attack dogs" how dare sarah be so strong, and it came without the liberals, media etc. this election now has substance

OH and about hilliary, her silence speaks loudly....she and bill were looking for a end run way of sabotaging obama, well sarah is the way.....obama loses, hilliary wins the "i told you so sweepstakes"
the clintons are lauging there ars off.....
maybe hilliary will wear more stylish clothes, and show some clevage....(yech)

I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
post #21 of 626
I somehow find it hard to believe the honesty of these arguments from the right-wing media sources quoted thus far.

post #22 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

I somehow find it hard to believe the honesty of these arguments from the right-wing media sources quoted thus far.

So I take it omissions now qualify as personal attacks?

You didn't appropriately identify the objects to which you directed your verbs. No soup for you!
post #23 of 626
post #24 of 626
Quote:

Hey, here's a great new interview with Sarah Palin.

AND the latest:
Sarah just killed a moose with her bare vagina.
McCain's marbles were located at the Hanoi Hilton!
post #25 of 626
Don't hate the sinner, hate the sinner's supporters.
post #26 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

liberals, democrats are in a panic, how dare someone else spearhead "liberal" ideals, gee wiz, it took a conservative to show what honesty is, liberals are all about "good intentions"
"feel good politics" obama isn't for change its for old school democratic positions....platitude, style not substance

"McCain chose the future. He chose the new and the different. Those who claim to want different showed with their scorn and disdain that they want the same old thing and they used the same old sexist, misogynistic arguments to slap at and attempt to define the true change in this campaign. That first decision really did reveal a lot about each man."

THE PANIC WILL CONTINUE, women see this as an attack, and the "watch dog" media are just "liberal attack dogs" how dare sarah be so strong, and it came without the liberals, media etc. this election now has substance

OH and about hilliary, her silence speaks loudly....she and bill were looking for a end run way of sabotaging obama, well sarah is the way.....obama loses, hilliary wins the "i told you so sweepstakes"

MY DOG KNOWS SECRET THINGS

Now the wingers will be making noise without the old times in the way! Better pack your bags and hold the mayo! Give me that old time religion......... Nixon's waiting in the wings........ looks like the chickens have come to roost........

NEVER LOOK A GLIB HOSE EDNA, MOOSE.

I guess McCain will stay the same, but now the hootenanny is busting out big time! Let's just sit back and let the "good" time roll.....

post #27 of 626
Palin was gov of the state of Alaska.

The Dallas / Fort Worth metroplex where I live has more than 10 times the population of the entire state of Alaska.

DFW metro area has more than 6 million

State of Alaska has some 600,000 people.

And if something were to happen to McCain she would assume the role of the most powerful person in the world?

I don't care if she is a good conservative or a good liberal or other... I just don't see a whole lot of experience here.

Fellows
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
post #28 of 626
Boston Herald

Quote:
Please. Palin may be able to take down a rabid moose at 100 yards with a hockey puck, but she isn’t killing the Obama campaign.

To paraphrase James Carville, “It’s the media, stupid.”

The national media are dominated by enthusiastic Obama supporters desperate to see Obama the Enlightened win the White House, heal our souls, reset our thermostats and shut down the Fox News Channel.

And that’s precisely how their coverage of Palin comes across: desperate.

The media has thrown every imaginable charge at Palin, from banning books to cheating her way to the much-coveted title of Miss Wasilla. Along the way, media outlets like The New York Times [NYT], MSNBC and The Boston Globe-Democrat have gotten story after story just plain wrong.

Palin does not support teaching creationism in science class.

She didn’t fire the Wasilla librarian for not banning books that Palin didn’t like.

As governor she signed budget increases - not cuts - for programs targeting teen pregnancy and special-needs children.

And on and on - so many false and silly stories that entire Web sites have been established just to correct them.

And yet the misreporting continues.

That’s bad for Obama because these errors and rumors make it tougher for his campaign to take on the legitimate issues of ideology and experience. It’s hard to make charges about Palin’s tax policy as a mayor stick when cable talk show kooks are screaming about rumors she killed and ate an Inuit as part of a radical Pentecostal religious ceremony.

The media bias, it is so strong it is even crowding out Obama's message and thus hurting his campaign.

What are we going to do when the media surveys that look for bias come out in a month or two and note that Obama is losing the media coverage minutes not to John McCain but to Bristol Palin and the Wasilla Gossipy Letters Writers Group?

post #29 of 626
Misreporting is a term best left to describe Republican tactics.

---

Who thinks the upcoming interview will probably be pretty easy on her? Maybe because somebody is sexist and doesn't think she can take it? Oops. It's the McCain campaign that is hiding her away.

post #30 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

I think his model is still mostly reflecting Obama bounce I think (since conventions being on top of each other like this election is unique, he decided to take that adjustment out of the model because he thought it was too much guesswork). It'll probably be closer to 50/50 (under 60% at any rate) by the end of the week.

Flounder gets a cookie.

post #31 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

Maybe she will get some hair plugs, a spray tan, and porcelain veneers.

post #32 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Misreporting is a term best left to describe Republican tactics.

---

Who thinks the upcoming interview will probably be pretty easy on her? Maybe because somebody is sexist and doesn't think she can take it? Oops. It's the McCain campaign that is hiding her away.

I agree. Republicans lie because the haven't called Palin a bitch, whore, dog, pig, cleavage showing slutbag yet. Thank goodness we have the Democratic media to do that.

post #33 of 626
PTA Mom depressed.

Turns out Sarah Palin sends her kids to public school. Biden and Obama (and McCain), not so much.

post #34 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

PTA Mom depressed.

Turns out Sarah Palin sends her kids to public school. Biden and Obama (and McCain), not so much.

Amazingly, almost all the comments to that article are rational, mature and supporting of the Obama's decision. And also shed a lot more light as to why.

That's what it all comes down to. You and the writer make way too much of it I think.

We can also see what Iditarod Elementary has done with Palin's kids future too. A future with a lot of babies I guess. But Alaska only has 600,000 people. They need to pop some more out.
post #35 of 626
Oh yeah, and I'm still waiting for someone, anyone here to list why Ms. Palin is a qualified candidate for Vice President, much less President God's forbid.

Still waiting..........................................
post #36 of 626
Quote:

Oh yeah, and I'm still waiting for someone, anyone here to list why Ms. Palin is a qualified candidate for Vice President, much less President God's forbid.

Still waiting..........................................

The lists have been put out but have been dismissed. People aren't going to repeat themselves. First item, Governor of Alaska with 80-90% approval rating... Alaska... too small, not served long enough, too oil dependent, really didn't cut enough even when everyone else doesn't cut at all, etc. She lobbied for money for her state and served it (condescending tone.) Alaska sucks. She gave people in the state money. Etc. She did sell the jet but not on Ebay. She supported that road and then when the specifics came out withdrew the support but still kept the money and spent it on other highways and roads. (Because spending money appropriately is bad)

That is the first item on the list. Why continue when every item will be dismissed and then the filler comes in with McSame, pigs, she should show some cleavage, here is a picture of sad old man, here is a picture of pig, here is some family crap. Here is a picture of Palin with a Bush face, etc.

No one needs to jump through a hoop for you.

post #37 of 626
Quote:

The lists have been put out but have been dismissed. People aren't going to repeat themselves. First item, Governor of Alaska with 80-90% approval rating... Alaska... too small, not served long enough, too oil dependent, really didn't cut enough even when everyone else doesn't cut at all, etc. She lobbied for money for her state and served it (condescending tone.) Alaska sucks. She gave people in the state money. Etc. She did sell the jet but not on Ebay. She supported that road and then when the specifics came out withdrew the support but still kept the money and spent it on other highways and roads. (Because spending money appropriately is bad)

That is the first item on the list. Why continue when every item will be dismissed and then the filler comes in with McSame, pigs, she should show some cleavage, here is a picture of sad old man, here is a picture of pig, here is some family crap. Here is a picture of Palin with a Bush face, etc.

No one needs to jump through a hoop for you.

It's not him you have to worry about. It's the voters. And right now her qualifications are a bit limp.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #38 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

It's not him you have to worry about. It's the voters. And right now her qualifications are a bit limp.

Yeah. McCain is totally dumping at the polls due to Palin. Voters are deserting him due to that pick. I mean he is only plus 2.4% right now. I can totally see how the data supports that contention.

post #39 of 626
Quote:

Yeah. McCain is totally dumping at the polls due to Palin. Voters are deserting him due to that pick. I mean he is only plus 2.4% right now. I can totally see how the data supports that contention.

No, Nick. I guess you don't know what jimmac means by qualifications...

Ask yourself seriously if Palin is ready to assume the office of the presidency. Ask yourself if the narrative, effective though it may be, of her life is accurate. Ask yourself if she really is an agent of change in the republican party (and I don't mean just Alaska)...
post #40 of 626
Quote:

I agree. Republicans lie because the haven't called Palin a bitch, whore, dog, pig, cleavage showing slutbag yet. Thank goodness we have the Democratic media to do that.

She called herself a dog: remember the joke about the pit bull?

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Why they hate her (Sarah Palin)