or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Why they hate her (Sarah Palin)

Why they hate her (Sarah Palin) - Page 5

post #161 of 626
Hey screener check your PM.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #162 of 626
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #163 of 626
post #164 of 626
Where in the world is Sara Palin?

Well, she never actually went to Iraq, and her campaign didn't know she had been to Mexico.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/ar..._of_iraq_trip/

Camp McCain forced to clarify her travels for the second time in two weeks.

Obama campaign asks if there are any more lies.

Right now, personallly, I wonder if anything coming from Camp McCain isn't a lie.

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #165 of 626
Ask yourself how in the hell can there be such grandiose fuck-ups by the party that is master of spin and deception.

Ask yourself how in the hell Angry Demented Grandad and a Dippy Hockey Mom got to be in the position of almost being two of the most powerful people in the world.

There is only one explanation.

The republican party DO NOT WANT to be in office over the next term. They are trying their hardest to screw up with complete nincompoops at the helm. They have to be seen to be trying - as otherwise it gives the gameplan away - but they have to screw up so badly that they are unelectable.

The utter ridiculousness of the republican nominations and their antics is by design so that they do not win the election.

America is sick. Very sick. All of the political issues that have built up over the last 8 years are going to come to a head sometime in the next 4 years. The party that is in control in the next term is going to face problems of unprecedented scale that will ultimately destroy that party and leave them unelectable for generations to come.

We are facing severe economic recession - if not depression- There is the credit issue to sort out, there is the baby boomers problem, there will be hyper-inflation, the freddie and fannie problem, the lehman brothers problem, the fed problem, the dollar problem, and of course the war in Iraq and Afghanistan is going to become untenable and unresolvable and become a far worse disaster than vietnam, and bankrupt the nation to boot.

All these things will come to a head over the next 4 years.

The republicans know this. Thats why they are *trying* to throw office away. This isn't a fuck-up, this is by design - because they know that blame always goes to the people in charge regardless of who caused the problems.

And with the typical Republican spin machine - you can be sure that every oportunity to lay blame for all these disasters will be coming thick and fast from the sidelines - while they laugh and snigger wondering just how luckily they got away with it all.

Sadly, as much as I would want Obama to win here, a win here is going to destroy the Democrat party, is going to destroy the progress that black people have made since the 60's and is going to destroy liberalism - All because these things came to a head while Obama presided over office, not because of it.

Then, there will be generations of republican-led-world-terror and fascism that will be completely unchecked.

How do you know America is sick? After 8 years of complete lunacy from the whitehouse, McCain is as popular as Obama. That in itself is the clearest indication that after two terms of the worst president and administration in history - that people are begging for more of the same.

The American People are sick. Sometimes it is not a good idea to try to cure a disease, but let it destroy its host. The disease is republican neo-con doctrine and fascism, the host is the hearts and minds of a good proportion of the American People.

Obama is just a temporary elixir at best, that will do nothing but temporarily delay the onset of the terminal stages of the disease. It is far more humane to put the host of this disease out of its misery as soon as possible. McCain is that option.

Im sorry, Obama cannot stop the inevitable. For Gods Sake - elect Angry Grandad and his creationist pig and let them take responsibility (and destruction) for thier partys' legacy.
post #166 of 626
More lies: about crowd numbers.

We got info from the fire department; they don't handle outdoor events.

We got info fro the Secret Service; the SS say they didn't give the info.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...refer=politics

post #167 of 626
Newseek provides a good argument for placing Palin on the Supreme Court:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/158748

post #168 of 626
Several hundred protest Palin... in Alaska.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...in-rally_N.htm

The main points of contention:

polar bears
the Bridge
abortion
Palin is a Puppet

post #169 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Several hundred protest Palin... in Alaska.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...in-rally_N.htm

The main points of contention:

polar bears
the Bridge
abortion
Palin is a Puppet

I like this part,
Quote:
Also on Saturday, 14 people held signs like "Honk if You Love Gay People" during a 12-hour vigil outside the Abbott Loop Community Church in Anchorage, where a conference promising to convert gays into heterosexuals through the power of prayer was being held.

Unbelievable.
post #170 of 626
A little late, but questions for Palin from the Alaska Daily News (written before the Gibson interview):

http://www.adn.com/opinion/view/story/520272.html

Lots of good ones, especially one that says she declined running for the US Senate because "How could I be the team mom if I was a U.S. senator?"... The ADN wants to know what's different about running for VP.

---
Troopergate video: Kopp's resignation.

Palin is odd.. read the comments below to see some of the reactions of the locals.

post #171 of 626
Pretty scary about Palin on the front page of the New York Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/14/us...pagewanted=all

Somebody has done their homework.

---
The NYT got all of this in two weeks, raising again the question over how she was vetted.

That McCain thinks she should get anywhere near the WH is mind-boggling.

post #172 of 626
Quote:

---
The NYT got all of this in two weeks, raising again the question over how she was vetted.

That McCain thinks she should get anywhere near the WH is mind-boggling.

Amazing how far you can push your moral boundaries when you believe God is on your side.
Quote:
Rick Steiner, a University of Alaska professor, sought the e-mail messages of state scientists who had examined the effect of global warming on polar bears. (Ms. Palin said the scientists had found no ill effects, and she has sued the federal government to block the listing of the bears as endangered.) An administration official told Mr. Steiner that his request would cost $468,784 to process.

When Mr. Steiner finally obtained the e-mail messages through a federal records request he discovered that state scientists had in fact agreed that the bears were in danger, records show.

And of course she surrounds herself with believers by giving them jobs with questionable or complete lack of knowledge for said job.
Quote:
So when there was a vacancy at the top of the State Division of Agriculture, she appointed a high school classmate, Franci Havemeister, to the $95,000-a-year directorship. A former real estate agent, Ms. Havemeister cited her childhood love of cows as a qualification for running the roughly $2 million agency.

Is this starting to sound familiar?

Don't criticize her,
Quote:
Dan Fagan, a prominent conservative radio host and longtime friend of Ms. Palin, urged his listeners to vote for her in 2006. But when he took her to task for raising taxes on oil companies, he said, he found himself branded a hater.

It is part of a pattern, Mr. Fagan said, in which Ms. Palin characterizes critics as bad people who are anti-Alaska.

Or, if she becomes Vice President, anti American.

How fucking arrogant.
post #173 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by screener View Post

Amazing how far you can push your moral boundaries when you believe God is on your side.

And of course she surrounds herself with believers by giving them jobs with questionable or complete lack of knowledge for said job.

Is this starting to sound familiar?

Don't criticize her,

Or, if she becomes Vice President, anti American.

How fucking arrogant.

Yup! It's clear that's what they're going for now. It's really pathetic.

Once again if I were a woman I'd be insulted.

Hell I'm a man and I find it insulting...to my intelligence!
post #174 of 626
Nepotism at it's best,
http://www.andrewhalcro.com/nov_19_n...ka_maid_fiasco
How friends benefitted from Palin.
post #175 of 626
A really good read!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26695078/

Quote:
Palin cut own duties as mayor of Wasilla
GOP VP hopeful says tenure as mayor grounded her in real needs of voters

post #176 of 626
I'm really surprised the Dairy Gate story isn't getting more coverage in the MSM, seeing as they're totally in the tank for Obama.

I didn't know anything about this till my discussion with trumptman over words or something in another thread.
http://tpmcafe.talkingpointsmemo.com...sarah-pali.php
A long read but informative and backed up by links and here,
http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-74360
backed up with links.

The whole thing stinks of cronyism, nepotism, waste of taxpayer money and lack of foresight by the Palin Governorship.
post #177 of 626
Quote:

Clearly, she has always been a maverick.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Get the lowdown on the coming collapse:  http://www.cbo.gov/publication/45010

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Get the lowdown on the coming collapse:  http://www.cbo.gov/publication/45010

post #178 of 626
Quote:

You won't embarrass yourself or the country when meeting heads of state because you've done it before, understand the protocol etc.

It's called experience.

What government, company, corporation would expect, or want a novice to represent them in important meetings, negotiations etc.

So you think that protocol aka etiquette cannot be quickly learned? I'm sure Obama was briefed on this right before every visit and so would any and every leader.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #179 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

So you think that protocol aka etiquette cannot be quickly learned? I'm sure Obama was briefed on this right before every visit and so would any and every leader.

How about cronyism? Doesn't seem like she needs a briefing on how to as much as "Why it's bad"
post #180 of 626
Alaska Daily News on Palin's email & the First Dude

http://www.adn.com/opinion/view/story/525455.html

Exec privilege doesn't cover him.

Also, wasn't she for openness, but now she seems against it.

A pattern is emerging here.

---
Troopergate
Two witnesses plan to testify.
I'm looking forward to the Dude Todd testifying.

post #181 of 626
Quote:

My answer was in response to your questioning of Harold, and yes, it would earn you a higher salary as experience is always preferable in any position you seek.

Hopefully, these experienced people are the ones teaching the protocols needed so as not to embarrass yourself, or your country.

Now, care to give your thoughts on the Dairygate story?
post #182 of 626
Quote:

I find this rationalisation *extraordinary*. Does a man of your knowledge and experience really not understand to know something you have to SEE it. The only way you can understand what truly powerful people or people with very diffierent cultures mean or how they can *play* you is by meeting them.

Yer woman can reorganise a dairy in Alaska (badly) but she will REALLY make mistakes.
meh
meh
post #183 of 626
Quote:

Alaska Daily News on Palin's email & the First Dude

http://www.adn.com/opinion/view/story/525455.html

Exec privilege doesn't cover him.

Also, wasn't she for openness, but now she seems against it.

A pattern is emerging here.

---
Troopergate
Two witnesses plan to testify.
I'm looking forward to the Dude Todd testifying.

She also set up private e-mail accounts to circumnavigate scrutiny.

Apparently everything she says she stands for is baloney.
post #184 of 626
Quote:

She also set up private e-mail accounts to circumnavigate scrutiny.

Apparently everything she says she stands for is baloney.

Yep.

And yet the sheeple like her. I've also seen posts by guys planning to vote for her (they don't mention McCain) because she's "hot". God bless America!

post #185 of 626
Quote:

Yep.

And yet the sheeple like her. I've also seen posts by guys planning to vote for her (they don't mention McCain) because she's "hot". God bless America!

That I don't get, hot? Compared to what, their mom?
post #186 of 626
Drum roll...

Carly Fiorina, of HP fame (their stock increased the day she left) and an advisor to John McCain, discussed the SNL skit starring Tina Fey.

Drum roll again, please...

Fiorina thinks it was sexist.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0..._n_126533.html

You gotta love these people. McCain was on SNL joking about his age; that's OK. Fey satirizing Palin... Nope, can't do that.

The rules are so convenient. (When reading that, remember the way Church Lady used to say it.)

post #187 of 626
P.O.W./sexist '08

If you don't vote for us, you're an intolerant Nazi.
proud resident of a failed state
post #188 of 626
BREAKING.....

Palin now says she won't cooperate with the Troopergate investigation.

LIke they say... the hits just keep on coming! Just when you think the McPalin claims couldn't get more ridiculous - they DO.

Now she's saying..... (are you ready for this?)... that she won't cooperate with the investigation because.... OBAMA OPERATIVES are behind the investigation!

You know... the investigation that was authorized in JULY, before Palin was picked by McCain? The one that was authorized by a UNANIMOUS vote of the Alaska State Legislature?

What happened to, "I welcome the investigation"?
What happened to, "Hold me accountable"?
What happened to, "There's nothing to hide"?

I guess this is what they mean by being a "maverick".....

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/...ion/index.html
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #189 of 626
She's touted as someone from outside the Beltway, but she operates like she has spent her entire life inside it.

Read an article (I think Alaska Daily News, maybe a reply) that said if there was nothing to hide, this whole thing would be over in 24 hours.

Alas, there seems to be something to hide.

post #190 of 626
Palin supports another, more expensive bridge... to her hometown.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5h...u3rjQD937P4AG0

post #191 of 626
"Thaaanks, buht noh thaaaanks."
post #192 of 626
Troopergate on Cafferty File:

http://caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/20...investigation/

People are not impressed with this childish behavior. I think it will hurt Camp McCain pretty badly.

post #193 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harald View Post

I find this rationalisation *extraordinary*. Does a man of your knowledge and experience really not understand to know something you have to SEE it. The only way you can understand what truly powerful people or people with very diffierent cultures mean or how they can *play* you is by meeting them.

Yer woman can reorganise a dairy in Alaska (badly) but she will REALLY make mistakes.

This type of emotional intelligence you are talking about I consider very relevant to politics and I'm of the view that most people at this level already have a fair amount of it or else they wouldn't have gotten to that level in the first place. So no matter what you may believe, I think the understanding of human nature is already known to folks at this level. I'm sure before each meeting with a foreign leader, all the most knowledgeable people on that particular country brief the VP and P no matter who is in office.

Now the most prominent area where this "playing" can occur is of course on matters of force and military and if anyone has shown he can be played it is Obama who constantly treats actual aggression like a dispute over who had the basketball last at the final recess bell. He has constantly bantered about a willingness to talk with every two-bit dictator who demonstrates some bad behavior and then demands the attention of the president of the U.S. Obama is the one who claims he will end preemptive war but then demands that all the "invisible" walls be torn down and talks of NATO protecting the bloggers of Iran. Obama is the one that has already scared the hell out of our trade partners and even needed to reassure them that his rhetoric was election bullshit with regard to NAFTA.

There is a big difference between suggesting someone is a dangerous lightweight and having had someone already prove it. It isn't suggested about Obama, it has been proven. His response to Russian aggression in Georgia changed several times within the first few hours as he tried to figure out his head from his ass. No matter what Palin is second on the ticket but Obama is the top and has already shown he lacks clear judgment in this area. Palin was shown to have had ABC cut her responses in half to make her appear more like a warmonger.

The desperation of the left in this area is palpable. Palin has shown she can already field pitches in this, her weakest area and by the debate I have no doubt she will be hitting questions out of the park. Biden grows more tired, mumbles more and more and already gives almost daily gaffes which the press simple ignore due to bias. As usual they will help screw up the expectations game and I'm sure there will be loads of spin after a VP debate in which Biden can't deliver. Biden has always been small time. Being small time for 35 years is still small time. Every time BIden has moved up from the minor league to the major leagues of politics, he has been a complete non-factor. It doesn't matter whether it is Senate Panel questioning or running for president, it hasn't been there for him.

Worse still, instead of just hoping he is an empty suit Biden has proven it. The press ignore his hair plugs, his veneers and yes, his tanning, and fail to mention that when the chips have been down several times in his life, Biden has always resorted to the words and ideas of others and been caught doing it. Biden has gotten by using that keen Irish wit that seems to still go over so well on the East Coast. On the West Coast it wouldn't get him crap. Outside of Delaware it hasn't gotten him crap. BIden calling Obama unprepared is the clip in my sig. The other gaffe is of him calling Obama clean and articulate. There are dozens more like this. They aren't even hard to find nor are they old. He does this regularly. George Allen had one Macaca moment and cost himself and election. Biden has one of these about every four-six months and the complicit Democratic press hasn't made it cost him anything. If he lucks out and doesn't screw up between now and the end of the election, Obama will have lucked out.

post #194 of 626
Palin's yahoo mail address was hacked, contents posted online.

If there is any official business on it, she is busted.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...d-e-mail-hack/

The countdown begins: how long before Camp McCain accuses "agents of the liberal Obama"?

post #195 of 626
Tennesean

Yep and guess what, the kid of an elected Democrat did it.

post #196 of 626
There's a world of pain coming at that kid now.
post #197 of 626
Obama's account has been leaked now. \
post #198 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

Obama's account has been leaked now. \

What? ... proof that McCain uses email?
(I guess Bill Ayers and JWright have been away from their computers as of late...)
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #199 of 626
Dude, if my mother forced me to go to some crazy church, I'd toke up whenever I got the chance.

But this is all rumors and innuendo...real issues are a stake, not brief associations to nut-jobs.
post #200 of 626
Troopergate gets more interesting because the media is still investigating:

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Blotter/st...5844710&page=1

ABC found info that contradicts Palin's claims.

(Not that that should be a surprise; expect the spin machine to start up any minute)

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Why they hate her (Sarah Palin)