or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Why they hate her (Sarah Palin)

Why they hate her (Sarah Palin) - Page 9

post #321 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

I thought ministers were off limits in this race?

By "off limits" you presumably mean "the right can say whatever it likes but the left can't respond in kind."

Unless you're planning to go back in time and edit out the attacks on Obama, too fucking late.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #322 of 626
The entire interview:

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4479049n

please oh god please don't fall for mccain's bullshit please please don't america please
post #323 of 626
What's grimly fascinating is watching the mechanics of this. The national media simply doesn't have any mechanism for sounding the alarm if things start to go seriously off the rails. Their whole existence is predicated on a stable idea of "business as usual", so they literally can't ever say "WTF?", because in a sense they would be calling out themselves. The show must go on.

McCain could have nominated a mildly retarded child, and the national press would have dutifully "interviewed" it, with perhaps a tone of slightly paternal reproach for being "fuzzy on the details."

"Now, Skeeter, you say that the international banking system is "Nugga nugga boom boom", but I have to tell, even some members of your own party think this is a little simplistic. Your response?"
post #324 of 626
The best comedy/horror show ever.

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #325 of 626
Ultimate irony: Palin calls Kissenger "beyond naïve".
post #326 of 626
In a sane universe, this would be the last straw.

Seriously. Is this the fucking 'X Factor'? 'American President'?

SHE IS ASKING TO BE VOTED THE SECOND MOST POWERFUL PERSON IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.[/i]

This, alone, should cause a minor crisis in the stock market.

Is the Republican Party really trying to fuck it up for everyone? The rest of us have to live with the consequences of your choices and your crises. FOR FUCK'S SAKE.
post #327 of 626
LOLZ

Coming soon to a polling station near you.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1831461

"Head of Skate"... I LOVE it!!!
post #328 of 626
In Alaska, we have small-town values where a gift is a gift.

Quote:
Records show that 23 of the gifts were offered during Palin's early months in office, when she was pushing the legislature to address a state corruption scandal by passing a package of ethics reforms. She accepted 18 gifts after the law passed in July 2007. Among other provisions, the law forbade executive branch officials from taking gifts from lobbyists or from interests with pending state business.

I just want to make sure everyone understands what this means. She was unfamiliar with her 'own' legislation.
post #329 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan i Sabbah View Post

In a sane universe, this would be the last straw.

Seriously. Is this the fucking 'X Factor'? 'American President'?

SHE IS ASKING TO BE VOTED THE SECOND MOST POWERFUL PERSON IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.[/i]

This, alone, should cause a minor crisis in the stock market.

Is the Republican Party really trying to fuck it up for everyone? The rest of us have to live with the consequences of your choices and your crises. FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

Much like the president they don't seem to care. Remember what I said when Bush was elected again : " If you think the first term was bad just wait. The gloves will be off this time because he has nothing to lose. "

And now the republicans want us to vote for another set of bad guys.

Bush has done so much to screw up this country and now this plus the economy is like one last kiss off.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #330 of 626
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER][/CENTER]
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
post #331 of 626
post #332 of 626
Palin's gifts: $25,000

Including free travel for a family member, artwork

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...092503988.html

post #333 of 626
Good one Artman.
post #334 of 626
From our Sarah Palin supporters: did you see the second part of the Couric interview, where she's talking about the bail-out?

Could you please tell us why she wasn't incomprehensibly incoherent? Did she not speak total gibberish -- shockingly, toe-curlingly, gobsmackingly inept?

I'd like to hear what you have to say in support, and how after this performance you can *consider* taking any action that could land her in the White House?
meh
meh
post #335 of 626
"I’m not looking at poll numbers. What I think Americans at the end of the day are going to be able to go back and look at track records and see who’s more apt to be talking about solutions and wishing for and hoping for solutions for some opportunity to change, and who’s actually done it?”
meh
meh
post #336 of 626
Harald you don't understand America. We like real people, people who don't have no fancy book-learnin and who don't put on no airs.
post #337 of 626
Quote:
COURIC: Why isn’t it better, Governor Palin, to spend $700 billion helping middle-class families struggling with health care, housing, gas and groceries? Allow them to spend more and put more money into the economy? Instead of helping these big financial institutions that played a role in creating this mess?

PALIN: That’s why I say, I like every American I’m speaking with were ill about this position that we have been put in where it is the tax payers looking to bailout.

But ultimately, what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the health care reform that is needed to help shore up the economy– Helping the — Oh, it’s got to be about job creation too. Shoring up our economy and putting it back on the right track. So health care reform and reducing taxes and reining in spending has got to accompany tax reductions and tax relief for Americas.

And trade we’ve got to see trade as opportunity, not as a competitive scary thing. But 1 in 5 jobs being created in the trade sector today. We’ve got to look at that as more opportunity. ALL those things under the umbrella of job creation.

This bailout is a part of that.

Is this code for the head wound demographic? Are there actually people who can watch that and yell "You tell 'em, Sarah!"

Any Palin fans want to take this?
post #338 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Is this code for the head wound demographic? Are there actually people who can watch that and yell "You tell 'em, Sarah!"

I think Republican's only hope is that this is some sort of devious strategy. She lowers expectations so far that simply stringing together a series of words that actually form an intelligible thought/meaning will be declared a "win"
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
post #339 of 626
Quote:

If there are any Palin fans, they must be high-functioning vegetables.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #340 of 626
Quote:

Well, the starter of this thread is on a "working sabbatical" and the other is banned.

I've noticed many of the tried and true conservative posters have been AWOL.

I wonder why.
post #341 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

Well, the starter of this thread is on a "working sabbatical" and the other is banned.

I wonder why.

SDW is posting at MacNN and pulling the same crap there.
Who's banned?
post #342 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by screener View Post

Who's banned?

Well dollarcollapse = MarkUK and FloorJack=SDW2001 and that's all I'm aware of.
post #343 of 626
Quote:

Who's banned?

[CENTER][/CENTER]
post #344 of 626
Quote:

Really, !!!
post #345 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

[CENTER][/CENTER]

Research I did on floorjack also includes a device used to hold up the floor to keep it from collapsing and bringing down the whole house of cards with it.

If relying on FloorJack, I'd want a refund.
post #346 of 626
Quote:

I wonder why.

Honestly? I think we've entered a period where the usual right wing narratives have simply broken down. Beyond continuing to reflexively snarl about liberals and elites, they literally don't know what to think. The usual house organs are offering conflicting ideas that are changing rapidly, and most of that is inside baseball, fine grain stuff. Big picture? No clue.

McCain's a genius, McCain's an idiot, Palin's the savior, she's a boat anchor, free markets rule, we must Do Something, Immigration is the Most Important Thing Ever, The Surge Is Working, WHY AREN'T WE TALKING ABOUT TERROR???!!!

I've been saying this for a while, but it appears to me that the Republican Party has completed its transformation into an entirely hollow engine of theatrics. If they can't find the wedge issue talking point, they have nothing coherent to say.

Small government, big government, spend more, spend less, attack, retreat, kiss up to minorities, kick 'em in the ass, celebrate Main Street, rob them blind, fight the final fight for freedom, Iraq is what now?

Who's in charge? Is the Republican Party the party of grim realists? Prudent bankers? Guns 'n God culture warriors? Tight fisted fiscal hawks? America First über patriots? Ditto heads?

Can ditto heads be counted on to say three things in a row that hang together and sound like an actual world view, any more, beyond "liberals suck, liberals suck, liberals suck?"
post #347 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

Well dollarcollapse = MarkUK and FloorJack=SDW2001 and that's all I'm aware of.

I thought that was complete termination here. Shit, when I had my ten I did something, I stayed the fuck away from PO. Whatever.

dollarcollapse ™ = MarkUK? Brilliant.

= SDW2001?
post #348 of 626
Quote:

Really, !!!

Yeah, says he likes it there.
More right wingers over there although even they call him on stuff and prove he doesn't know what he thinks he knows so he ignores it.
Just like here.
post #349 of 626
Quote:

Research I did on floorjack also includes a device used to hold up the floor to keep it from collapsing and bringing down the whole house of cards with it.

If relying on FloorJack, I'd want a refund.

Twist it's handle and ... ... it's in for a complete letdown.
post #350 of 626
Quote:

I thought that was complete termination here. Shit, when I had my ten I did something, I stayed the fuck away from PO. Whatever.

dollarcollapse = MarkUK? Brilliant.

= SDW2001?

That dollarcollapse= MarcUK surprised me as well.
Posting style was totally different.

FloorJack=SDW, again, different posting style, who knows.
post #351 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

Harald you don't understand America. We like real people, people who don't have no fancy book-learnin and who don't put on no airs.

So true. So true.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #352 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

I think Republican's only hope is that this is some sort of devious strategy. She lowers expectations so far that simply stringing together a series of words that actually form an intelligible thought/meaning will be declared a "win"

Worked for Bush in 2000. Remember how the media and all the Republican pundits went on and on and on about Gore's supposedly SUPERIOR debating skills and how if Bush just kept himself from falling over he'd win.

And that exactly what happened.

God I love this country.
post #353 of 626
Quote:

Who's banned?

Oh my freakin' Spaghetti Monster...

Quote:
McCain Suspends Campagin, Wins Election (with BO's help)

Mark it down. Press it is a book. Record it in permanent ink. McCain just won the election today, and he did it by suspending his campaign and watching his opponent react in an incomprehensibly stupid way.

I was hesitant to reverse my position on McCain's campaign, mind you. Up until the Palin selection, his campaign was slow, unresponsive, out of touch with its own message, and generally not "good." Since that selection, it's been positively brilliant. But today puts it over the top. Whether his decision to suspend is politically motivated or not, it's a good one, both for the country and his political future.

I'm watching Obama's reaction live now. It is an unmitigated disaster. His themes have been:

1. The debate should go on (Friday night).

2. <veiled attack on McCain> "The President will have to do more than one thing at a time." Cheap trick, Mr. Obama. Cheap trick. </attack>

3. " I'm here to be helpful if anyone needs me." This contrasts with McCain's leadership or perceived leadership on issue. This was a major theme of his speech today and it cannot be denied. It reinforces the perception that he's a speech giver, not a leader.

4. The best and 'most important' thing we can do is candidates is come out with a joint, bi-partisan statement. Oh my friggin' lord.

5. Repeat veiled attack on McCain (see #2). Follow up with surrogates. I'm watching one now. Harry Reid said that "we need leadership, not a campaign photo op." Wow.

6. Repeat #2

I never dreamed McCain had it in him to be this good. Nor did I think Obama's campaign could be this stupid. What is he going to do if McCain doesn't show up Friday night? What if Congress is in session and Obama's not there?

And he actually has followers there. Good for him. Stay there. This topic would have been skinned faster than a dead moose in Alaska.

Man, the last time I went to MacNN's political forums was 2001. After an influx of n00bs, I left and never looked back. Now I wish I didn't.
post #354 of 626
Quote:

Now I wish I didn't.

And you can actually say someone is intellectually dishonest, naive, and not get penalized.

The horror of it all.
post #355 of 626
Quote:

And you can actually say someone is intellectually dishonest, naive, and not get penalized.

The horror of it all.

Imagine that.
post #356 of 626
Caferty showed the Palin interview with Couric.

Blitzer tried to be magnanimous to Caferty's disbelief in anyone not being worried about the one heartbeat scenario.
After Blitzers comment,

Cafferty: Don't be an idiot.
post #357 of 626
Quote:

Caferty showed the Palin interview with Couric.

Blitzer tried to be magnanimous to Caferty's disbelief in anyone not being worried about the one heartbeat scenario.
After Blitzers comment,

Cafferty: Don't be an idiot.

Any YouTubes of this yet?
post #358 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

Any YouTubes of this yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ9bP_AqHPg

The "idiot"comment's not there...
post #359 of 626
Quote:

OMFG,

I didn't think anyone could be as dumb as a ...

{Ad hom removed}
post #360 of 626
Quote:

It ended to soon, Blitzer commented after that and Cafferty replied to his comments.

That said, I was rushing to get out of here, no excuse, but he still, as some like to say, "bitch slapped him".

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/9/26/161211/491
Quote:
Then Wolf Blitzer tried to cover for Palin by saying that she was just trying to squeeze a lot into her answer. To which Cafferty replied:

"Don't make excuses for her. That was pathetic."

Cowed, but still deferential, Blitzer said it wasn't one of Palin's best moments.

Obviously meant Palin was pathetic, but still.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Why they hate her (Sarah Palin)