or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Why they hate her (Sarah Palin)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Why they hate her (Sarah Palin) - Page 14

post #521 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

She's going to destroy Biden in the debate.

oh my god, yeah she will...
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
Reply
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
Reply
post #522 of 626
Ouch, again, from Alaska:

http://www.adn.com/opinion/story/543289.html

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #523 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz View Post

I think we're getting warmer as to the source of both your objections over Palin. Objecting to her religulousness is at least straightforward. (!)

You have it absolutely the wrong way round, if you don't mind me saying.

You defend this candidate because you agree with her religious beliefs and you would like to see her with a position of influence in government.

And of course this is so; she was chosen for VP for two reasons.
  • Firstly, she is a woman. This allowed the McCain campaign to fight Obama on a 'change and history-making' ticket (absolutely necessary in the circumstances) whilst 'stealing' the votes of annoyed Hillary supporters and women. (Fail.)
  • Secondly, she is a fundamentalist Christian. The aim was to 'invigorate the base'. An appeal to the Republican base for McCain, perceived to be a liberal Republican, was vital for his campaign.
You, dmz, are 'the base'. You have been 'invigorated.' Invigorated, you are defending your gal.

Sarah Palin was chosen for political, campaigning reasons first, and on merit second. She is manifestly unprepared, and McCain has been found out.

If she were not a Christian, you would not be defending her like this.
post #524 of 626
Conservatives turn on their own. Why is it only republican/conservatives that write such vitriolic hate mail? I guess it's the Liberal media holding back the hordes of liberal hate mail.
post #525 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilsch View Post

You know what I find hilarious dmz? That if the roles were reversed and Palin were the Dem's VP candidate you'd be ridiculing her and laughing at her.
I find it impossible to believe that you guys were actually impressed by her TV interviews.

For one right winger to break rank and call her totally unprepared is something. For a few of them to actually go public about it is incredible.

Admit it. If Palin were agnostic you wouldn't be having this discussion.

I think you meant to type "dmz would be attacking her for her whacked-out socialist policy of hiking taxes on Big Oil to give her peeps a check."

(Which I did elsewhere on the internets before she was picked as VP.)

But once I saw The Messiah advertise the exact same thing I knew it was okay, and the press would cover it as such.

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply
post #526 of 626
dmz,

Just curious, were you on the fence about McCain, as were a couple of others here, and decided in favor of him after the Palin pick, as a couple of others here did.

In any case, you have the stones to defend your choice, not like the MIA's.
post #527 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan i Sabbah View Post

You defend this candidate because you agree with her religious beliefs and you would like to see her with a position of influence in government.

...
[*]Secondly, she is a fundamentalist Christian. The aim was to 'invigorate the base'. An appeal to the Republican base for McCain, perceived to be a liberal Republican, was vital for his campaign.[/LIST]
...

Sarah Palin was chosen for political, campaigning reasons first, and on merit second. She is manifestly unprepared, and McCain has been found out.

If she were not a Christian, you would not be defending her like this.

Mmmm... no. You need to change the batteries in your crystal ball. Palin knows The Lord -- who am I to judge -- but she's a Pentecostal, so her faith is not likely to jump the Existential hurdles between it and the culture. It doesn't seem to have trumped the culture in her daughter's case.

And you're assuming I care if McCain, who has been in the D.C. bubble too long gets the nod. Besides, there's no fiscal difference between the two candidates that wont get evened out after being run through Congress.

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply
post #528 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by screener View Post

dmz,

Just curious, were you on the fence about McCain, as were a couple of others here, and decided in favor of him after the Palin pick, as a couple of others here did.

In any case, you have the stones to defend your choice, not like the MIA's.

No, I'll vote Green, or American Taxpayers, or Libertarian. If Palin were running for president, I'd vote for her. She's an anomaly, with all the populist street cred that BHO can only reach for via an Oprah endorsement. I'd love to see the same "inexperience" and blundering that BP and Murkowski experienced turned on Washington.

It's a pipedream, though.

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply
post #529 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz View Post

Mmmm... no. You need to change the batteries in your crystal ball. Palin knows The Lord -- who am I to judge -- but she's a Pentecostal, so her faith is not likely to jump the Existential hurdles between it and the culture. It doesn't seem to have trumped the culture in her daughter's case.

And you're assuming I care if McCain, who has been in the D.C. bubble too long gets the nod. Besides, there's no fiscal difference between the two candidates that wont get evened out after being run through Congress.

I don't understand. Why did you put the letter 'e' in bold?

What do you mean by the 'existential hurdles' and 'the culture'?

Why are you defending Sarah Palin so strongly if you don't "care" for John McCain?

Are you really saying that her views on faith, evolution and abortion are irrelevant to your defending her so strongly and that they have nothing to do with your desire to see her in government?
post #530 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz View Post

If Palin were running for president, I'd vote for her.

Good heavens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz View Post

She's an anomaly, with all the populist street cred that BHO can only reach for via an Oprah endorsement.

Let me get this straight.

You believe that Barack Obama is not an 'anomaly' and that his enormous popularity in every nation in the world is owed to an endorsement from Oprah (and presumably if Sarah Palin had a similar endorsement, she would be similarly as popular)?

You believe that he is massively popular in the United States not because of his ability to inspire, and communicate, and because he appears to be principled, and because he is offering change from the last eight years of Republican government, but because he was endorsed by Oprah, and if Sarah Palin had a similar endorsement, she would be similarly as popular?

Please explain what you mean.
post #531 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz View Post

If Palin were running for president, I'd vote for her.

It's a pipedream, though.

You have got to be fucking with us now.
post #532 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz View Post

Mmmm... no. You need to change the batteries in your crystal ball. Palin knows The Lord -- who am I to judge --



Quote:
Another valley activist, Philip Munger, says that Palin also helped push the evangelical drive to take over the Mat-Su Borough school board. "She wanted to get people who believed in creationism on the board," said Munger, a music composer and teacher. "I bumped into her once after my band played at a graduation ceremony at the Assembly of God. I said, 'Sarah, how can you believe in creationism -- your father's a science teacher.' And she said, 'We don't have to agree on everything.'

"I pushed her on the earth's creation, whether it was really less than 7,000 years old and whether dinosaurs and humans walked the earth at the same time. And she said yes, she'd seen images somewhere of dinosaur fossils with human footprints in them."

Munger also asked Palin if she truly believed in the End of Days, the doomsday scenario when the Messiah will return. "She looked in my eyes and said, 'Yes, I think I will see Jesus come back to earth in my lifetime.'"

Hoo Boy.
post #533 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan i Sabbah View Post

Good heavens.



Let me get this straight.

You believe that Barack Obama is not an 'anomaly' and that his enormous popularity in every nation in the world is owed to an endorsement from Oprah (and presumably if Sarah Palin had a similar endorsement, she would be similarly as popular)?

You believe that he is massively popular in the United States not because of his ability to inspire, and communicate, and because he appears to be principled, and because he is offering change from the last eight years of Republican government, but because he was endorsed by Oprah, and if Sarah Palin had a similar endorsement, she would be similarly as popular?

Please explain what you mean.

Obama isn't offering change though -- none. He's smart -- very smart -- smart enough to manufacture, and then pimp, using culturally state-of-the-art techniques, a twisted form of political prozac. He's therapeutic -- that's the beginning, middle, and end of him.

Look at America -- how many more therapeutic experiences do we need? How much more debt can the country take on? How many more financial moral failures/unintended consequences of the welfare state can we absorb? If homeownership as a right turned out this badly, what the hell is healthcare as a right going to turn into?! No one wants to worry, just give us candy.

Something like the financial crisis is, per BHO, "the result of eight years of failed republican economic policy." Well, that's not true, it's not even close to being true. He's telling ignorant people what they want to hear, and he is doing it across the board.

Which is why he's going to win, and win big -- the country right now can't handle the fact that it is essentially a collection of 300 million overweight, debt-ridden narcissists. They need a quick, soothing fix that is detached from the underlying economic physics.

And I don't even want to go into the problems with McCain. As far as Palin goes, the fact remains that -- even if she did it for the most venal of reasons -- she's delivered change. Not Daley machine change, not Dr. Phil change, but actually making things different, and righting some wrongs in the process. It turns out that, in the partisan press, they have zero interest in reporting this, or connecting her with what she's done.

Real change == Caribou Barbie.

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply
post #534 of 626
You really got a hard-on for Sarah Palin. Get laid or something. Or fap to this.
post #535 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

You really got a hard-on for Sarah Palin. Get laid or something. Or fap to this.

I'll have to get my wife's permission. Don't hold your breath.

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply
post #536 of 626
The cellulite on her thighs shows that she was not properly "vetted" by McCain. Bow-chicka-bow-wow.
post #537 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz View Post

I'll have to get my wife's permission. Don't hold your breath.

Well, there's always this you can hide in the tool shed.
post #538 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz View Post

the fact remains that -- even if she did it for the most venal of reasons -- she's delivered change. Not Daley machine change, not Dr. Phil change, but actually making things different, and righting some wrongs in the process.

What, precisely, did she change?
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #539 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz View Post

And I don't even want to go into the problems with McCain. As far as Palin goes, the fact remains that -- even if she did it for the most venal of reasons -- she's delivered change. Not Daley machine change, not Dr. Phil change, but actually making things different, and righting some wrongs in the process. It turns out that, in the partisan press, they have zero interest in reporting this, or connecting her with what she's done.

Real change == Caribou Barbie.

What in the hell are you talking about? What possible change can this person bring? She has demonstrated a complete lack of knowledge about history, about how our government works, and has a complete lack of foreign relations experience. Unless you are talking about change for the worst, can you elaborate on what sort of positive change you hope for?
post #540 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz View Post

As far as Palin goes, the fact remains that -- even if she did it for the most venal of reasons -- she's delivered change. Not Daley machine change, not Dr. Phil change, but actually making things different, and righting some wrongs in the process. It turns out that, in the partisan press, they have zero interest in reporting this, or connecting her with what she's done.

I would ask you 'what change'?

Do you remember how the whole world was begging you not to re-elect George Bush? "It'll end in tears. He's incompetent. He's going to damage your reputation as a nation. He's going to imperil all of us." There were letter-writing campaigns, advertising paid for by foreigners, endless arguments all over the internets.

You went ahead and elected him anyway.

That's Sarah Palin. All over again. Actually, no—she's worse, because she's even stupider, far more ignorant and far more blinded by ideology than Bush. She represents no kind of change whatsoever. She's just a distillation of everything that was terrible about George Bush and the Republican Party.

Barack Obama, even though you're not going to vote for him, is actually going to redeem your nation for the last eight years of shit in the eyes of the whole planet simply through his election. He doesn't need to do a damn thing after that. If you don't fuck it up, you're about a elect for President a man of African ancestry, a hundred and forty-eight years after the end of slavery, we're going to breathe a massive sigh of relief, and you're going to have to get used to remembering the good old days.
post #541 of 626
Quote:
THE MYTH: "She took the luxury jet that was acquired by her predecessor and sold it on eBay. And made a profit!" John McCain, at a campaign stop in Wisconsin

THE FACTS: No one bought the jet online. It was eventually sold through an aircraft broker at a loss to taxpayers of nearly $600,000.

THE MYTH: "I told the Congress 'Thanks, but no thanks' on that Bridge to Nowhere." Sarah Palin, convention speech

THE FACTS: Supported the infamous pork project in her 2006 run for governor, even after Congress had killed the bridge; derided its opponents as "spinmeisters." Reversed her stance a year later but kept the money, doling out the $223 million in federal funds to other pork projects throughout the state.

THE MYTH: "We ... championed reform to end the abuses of earmark spending by Congress." Sarah Palin, convention speech

THE FACTS: As mayor, employed a lobbyist who also worked for Jack Abramoff to secure $27 million in pork spending for Wasilla more than $4,000 per resident. In her two years as governor, requested $453 million in earmarks. Alaska ranks first in the nation for pork, raking in seven times the national average.

THE MYTH: "I found ... someone who stopped government from wasting taxpayers' money." John McCain, introducing Palin

THE FACTS: Signature accomplishment as mayor: building a $15 million hockey arena that plunged the city into debt. Broke ground on the project without finalizing the city's purchase of the land; the resulting fiasco cost Wasilla $1.3 million roughly $200 per resident.

THE MYTH: "Our opponents say, again and again, that drilling will not solve all of America's energy problems as if we didn't know that already." Sarah Palin, convention speech

THE FACTS: "I beg to disagree with any candidate who would say we can't drill our way out of our problem." Sarah Palin, July 2008

THE MYTH: "We began a nearly $40 billion natural-gas pipeline to help lead America to energy independence." Sarah Palin, convention speech

THE FACTS: With federal approval years away, not a single section of the pipeline has been laid. State could end up paying the pipeline's contractor $500 million even if it never breaks ground on the project.

THE MYTH: "She's from a small town with small-town values." Fred Thompson, convention speech

THE FACTS: Wasilla and the surrounding valley recently named the meth capital of Alaska, with 42 meth labs busted in a single year.

THE MYTH: Palin has "taken on the political establishment in the largest state of the union." Fred Thompson, convention speech

THE FACTS: Served until 2005 as director of fundraising group associated with indicted senator Ted Stevens.

THE MYTH: "She's fought oil companies." John McCain, introducing Palin

THE FACTS: Collected $13,000 in campaign contributions from oil and gas lobbyists, including Exxon, BP, Shell and Chevron. BP was a sponsor of her inaugural ball.

THE MYTH: "She's been to Kuwait. She's been over there. She has been with her troops. The National Guard that she commands, who have been over there and had the experience." John McCain, highlighting Palin's national-security credentials

THE FACTS: Never had a passport before 2007, when she made a brief photo-op trip to visit troops in Germany and Kuwait. Has never been to Iraq, and has not met a single foreign head of state.

THE MYTH: "I have protected the taxpayers by vetoing wasteful spending." Sarah Palin, convention speech

THE FACTS: As governor, sought travel reimbursement for 312 nights she spent in her own home.

The Truth About Sarah Palin
post #542 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

What, precisely, did she change?

Why do you even have to ask this question? Do you really not know or is this a debate tactic
post #543 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan i Sabbah View Post

I don't understand. Why did you put the letter 'e' in bold?

What do you mean by the 'existential hurdles' and 'the culture'?

Some Danish guy, I've been looking at his thought... Captain Kirk... Crunch.. Cowlick ... something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan i Sabbah View Post

Why are you defending Sarah Palin so strongly if you don't "care" for John McCain?

I remember the Bork business -- they took a very smart, principled man, systematically manufactured a persona through the editorial process, and then used it to destroy his chances as a SCOTUS pick. And they're back to their old tricks.

If there was even a hint of reporting on who she was -- fine, she gets what she deserves -- but following her around ambushing her when she needs more time to get up to speed? No. When the other guy can't concede even the possibility that I'm right, or report a teeny weeny bit of what is right about her -- sorry, not buying it. Someone needs to kick the cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan i Sabbah View Post

Are you really saying that her views on faith, evolution and abortion are irrelevant to your defending her so strongly and that they have nothing to do with your desire to see her in government?

The abortion position is an obvious yes; it's not like BHO's position -- who is in favor of letting failed abortion attempts die on the counter. But on evolution, what could her position on evolution have to do with anything?* This goes back to the point above: when her position sends people apoplectic -- when they respond to it as an Existential threat -- I've got ask what they're really concerned with.






Edit: *other than her mandating creationism be exclusively taught in the public schools -- which we are, doubtless, on the very brink of seeing.

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply
post #544 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

What, precisely, did she change?

come on, midwinter -- please don't waste my time with questions like that. At least Hassan i Saboobie is more artful at the coy, endless clarification thing. (!)

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply
post #545 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Why do you even have to ask this question? Do you really not know or is this a debate tactic

She raised taxes on the private sector, substantially, to the tune of a boatload of free money for the public, to the tune of $3,269 each of 610,000 Alaskans.

Other than that form of robbing the hood railway robbery, I can't think of a single thing Palin has ever accomplished.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #546 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz View Post

come on, midwinter -- please don't waste my time with questions like that. At least Hassan i Saboobie is more artful at the coy, endless clarification thing. (!)

I want to know as well.

What has she actually changed?
post #547 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan i Sabbah View Post

Barack Obama, even though you're not going to vote for him, is actually going to redeem your nation for the last eight years of shit in the eyes of the whole planet simply through his election. He doesn't need to do a damn thing after that. If you don't fuck it up, you're about a elect for President a man of African ancestry, a hundred and forty-eight years after the end of slavery, we're going to breathe a massive sigh of relief, and you're going to have to get used to remembering the good old days.

Alright, don't respond to my points then.

I don't see what you're worried about -- BHO is the guy who knew who to hire Axelrod to put the whammy on HRC. McCain never had a prayer. Relax!

But let's look on the bright side: as we go through what is going to a pretty sh!tty time in America, we could probably use a great deal of Oprah logic, and fawning, unquestioning coverage. Quite frankly it will probably take the combined PR machine of the US media to keep our image falling further with the People magazine crowd. And in terms of foreign policy, maybe we can tap the Daley machine for more hard-dealing strategists. We'll probably need them.

Meanwhile the nation can eat and borrow it's way further and further into oblivion. At least the press coverage will be good.

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply
post #548 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Why do you even have to ask this question? Do you really not know or is this a debate tactic

Nobody has shown me a single fucking thing she has accomplished. I mean here. I have seen lists and they are very small and insignificant (and some have been rebutted, disclaimed and found to be untrue). Neither you, Frank777, DMZ, Trumptman, SDW2001, or any other supporter has linked to a comprehensive list of any significant accomplishments the woman has made.

Until then, nothing changes.
post #549 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

She raised taxes on the private sector, substantially, to the tune of a boatload of free money for the public, to the tune of $3,269 each of 610,000 Alaskans.

Other than that form of robbing the hood railway robbery, I can't think of a single thing Palin has ever accomplished.

It was $1200. The other is the Alaska Permanent Fund. Dammit franksargent, do your homework!

(Or just get a relative who lives in Wasilla, is on the staff of Petroleum News, and has a friend on Palin's staff do it for you.)

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply
post #550 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz View Post

It was $1200. The other is the Alaska Permanent Fund. Dammit franksargent, do your homework!

(Or just get a relative who lives in Wasilla, is on the staff of Petroleum News, and has a friend on Palin's staff do it for you.)

Yes. This is clearly the kind of change that American society was begging for. We will be remembering Sarah Palin for generations to come. Palinomics has clearly left its mark and pupils will turn the pages in their textbooks dealing with The New Deal or the Marshall Plan to Sarah Palin's Alaskan Permanent Fund triumph. This isn't merely the kind of thing that a competent Governor should pass every year. I can't think why this isn't in every McCain/Palin advertisement. Against this kind of record, Barack Obama looks like a doe-eyed ingenue. Come to think of it, Sarah Palin actually has more executive experience than John McCain, so by rights she really should be running for President.
post #551 of 626
In the meantime, will someone tell me a single damn thing she's actually changed?
post #552 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan i Sabbah View Post

...I can't think why this isn't in every McCain/Palin advertisement...

Seriously, I think it would freak out the base. But even more seriously, the nation is screwed, regardless. Maybe someday a Ron Paul type will luck his/her way into office, and we can all watch the fireworks.



At any rate, and in all seriousness, I'll come back Nov. 5 and buy all you lovely lefties a virtual beer for your big win*. I honestly think we're going to need BHO's therapeutic nonsense to keep our heads together in what's coming economically. As full of crap as FDR was, at least he gave the people something to believe in.


Peace!






*unless BHO is caught in the meantime on a stallion ranch in Enumclaw, at 4am.

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

Reply
post #553 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz View Post

Palin knows The Lord

Does Obama, in your opinion, know The Lord? If not, why not?
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
Reply
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
Reply
post #554 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz View Post

I think you meant to type "dmz would be attacking her for her whacked-out socialist policy of hiking taxes on Big Oil to give her peeps a check."

(Which I did elsewhere on the internets before she was picked as VP.)

But once I saw The Messiah advertise the exact same thing I knew it was okay, and the press would cover it as such.

Nah. I meant to type what I typed. By the way....isn't calling someone else "the Messiah" kind of, a little bit, you know, like heretical? Shame on you.

I give you props for sticking around dmz. Usually by this time you're quoting from movies on your way out when none of your political chums are around . Religion is a funny thing.

"Palin knows the Lord"....
post #555 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz View Post

*unless BHO is caught in the meantime on a stallion ranch in Enumclaw, at 4am.

Bizarre, but in line with something the lovely far righties would come up with. \
post #556 of 626
post #557 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz View Post

It was $1200. The other is the Alaska Permanent Fund. Dammit franksargent, do your homework!

(Or just get a relative who lives in Wasilla, is on the staff of Petroleum News, and has a friend on Palin's staff do it for you.)

This year the total amount of free money is most certainly $3,269.00. Exactly that amount and not a penny less.

I posted a conclusive incontrovertible link to this several weeks ago. The $1,200.00 bonus free money you speak of is included in the $3,269.00 amount. It's a special one year only (but who knows since it isn't 2009 yet, or 2010 yet, or 2011 yet, or 2012 yet, ...), do nothing but sit on all you collective Alaskan asses bonus.

The $3,269.00 minus the $1,200.00 is still much higher than in previous years, because Palin raised taxes on the private sector, and gave all the additional tax revenues back to all those sitting on their collective Alaskan asses.

In 2007 the total amount of free money from taxation of the private sector was $1,654.00

Quote:
In 2007 alone, approximately 177,873 kids were paid a dividend of $1654!

If you had all of the money from all of the kids that received a 2007 dividend, you would have approximately $294,201,942!

In 2006 the total amount of free money from taxation of the private sector was $1,106.96
In 2005 the total amount of free money from taxation of the private sector was $845.76

Historical Summary of Dividend Applications and Payments (1982 through 2007 inclusive)

The 2008 Dividend Amount is $3,269.00

I did my homework, and did the actual math several weeks ago, you weren't here when I posted the actual factual numbers.

Your argument from authority doesn't work when it is in fact an argument from ignorance.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #558 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post


Ah jeez, I know those guys.
Who knew?
post #559 of 626
Ack! Those are dudes! They look like high school nerds! NERDS!
post #560 of 626
I'd hit it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Why they hate her (Sarah Palin)