or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Why they hate her (Sarah Palin)

Why they hate her (Sarah Palin) - Page 15

post #561 of 626
Wait, the economic melt-down is a predictor of how wider access to healthcare would perform? And that's a reason to not vote for Obama?

I probably shouldn't actually read DMZ posts, it works better if you stand off a few paces and squint.

Amyway, I have learned that Obama is a pimp, a hypnotist and a fraud, whereas Palin brings real Change because she taxed private enterprise and sent the proceeds to her constituents.

So I guess under a president Palin we would have a radical reformation of the tax system wherein corporate taxes would be divvied up amongst the citizenry and then we could form Jesus press-gangs to do shit like build bridges, and pay for it out of our own pockets.

Oh, and the murder of innocent babies would be a matter for the states to decide, but then maybe Texas could set up border check-points to demand to know what pregnant women are traveling abroad for.

At the very least, a president Palin could outlaw "ambush" journalism wherein journalist follow around average citizens like vice-presidential candidates and ask them questions about their country. Jesus fucking hates that.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #562 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by screener View Post

Ah jeez, I know those guys.
Who knew?

Well sure, they were at the forefront of the brief flowering of high-school-nerd-tranny-Jesus-pop.

Sadly, this vital sub-genre of American music never broke through to the mainstream.

In one of the great ironies of rock and roll history, while playing what was to have been the kick-off concert on their first national tour, in a field in Clear Lake, Iowa, all three "girls" were killed by Buddy Holly's plummeting Beechcraft.
post #563 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Well sure, they were at the forefront of the brief flowering of high-school-nerd-tranny-Jesus-pop.

Sadly, this vital sub-genre of American music never broke through to the mainstream.

That shit was funny. I'm hoping for a resurgence. Hopefully in f-ing Alaska of all places.
post #564 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz View Post

If there was even a hint of reporting on who she was -- fine, she gets what she deserves -- but following her around ambushing her when she needs more time to get up to speed?

Can someone explain to me how we should be choosing a VP candidate that needs ANY time to get up to speed? Who set the bar so low?

There were many competent female republicans out there.

Quote:
The abortion position is an obvious yes; it's not like BHO's position -- who is in favor of letting failed abortion attempts die on the counter.

BHO's position is to reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies FIRST and then we can figure out what to do about abortions. Not treat the symptom first while not addressing the root cause.

Quote:
But on evolution, what could her position on evolution have to do with anything?* This goes back to the point above: when her position sends people apoplectic -- when they respond to it as an Existential threat -- I've got ask what they're really concerned with.

Because people who don't understand science typically are idiots and putting the country in their hands is a bad idea.

There is zero incompatibility between science and religion. God is not a trickster or cruel to provide both intelligence and a universe designed to fool that intelligence as some bizzaro test of faith. It is the beauty and complexity of the universe that reinforces the faith of something beyond, not hinder it in some utterly stupid dicotomy of the observable universe and a misunderstanding that the world MUST only be 7000 years old because they think the Bible says so.

Not to mention some literal creationists say incredibly stupid things.
post #565 of 626
Tell us, vinea, why do you hate America?

Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #566 of 626
Palin was annoyed by Couric because she wasn't given the chance to bash Obama.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=topnews

And, though she reads all the papers and should know that it isn't true, she uses an old, discredited attack on Obama:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/1..._n_131841.html

Are the McCain/Palin supporters really so dumb as to believe this crap? The stupidity of this campaign just keeps getting worse; they really seem to take glee in proving how small, dirty and dumb they really are. Country First! What country? One full of ignorant Borg-like bots?

---

NYT
Palin wants to be president?
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/05/op...05rich.html?hp

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #567 of 626
UPDATE:

Camp McCain's efforts to block the Troopergate investigation have been dismissed by the courts and the result will be announced tomorrow as scheduled.

A pathetic waste of energy, time and humanity it was.

http://www.adn.com/palin/story/550940.html

post #568 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

UPDATE:

Camp McCain's efforts to block the Troopergate investigation have been dismissed by the courts and the result will be announced tomorrow as scheduled.

A pathetic waste of energy, time and humanity it was.

http://www.adn.com/palin/story/550940.html

Berge,

I just wanted to commend your efforts to keep us all informed on all things wrt Camp McPalin.

Keep on posting your most excellent links.

Thanks
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
post #569 of 626
Quote:

PNYT
Palin wants to be president?
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/05/op...05rich.html?hp

That article mentions that she is the only Republican with any energy left . . .

and it would seem so, but really that only seems to be the case when you don't have anything substantive to say except aggressive slander and quip-after-quip.
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #570 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilsch View Post

Bizarre, but in line with something the lovely far righties would come up with. \

You mean those foot tappin' toilet cubicle Romeos?
post #571 of 626
What happened to that good post about leaches and dying men?
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #572 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfflam View Post

What happened to that good post about leaches and dying men?

Leaches can actually help you if you have iron poisoning or skin grafts.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5319129/
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #573 of 626
Political Outsider: it's lethally contentious and informative!
post #574 of 626
Why can't I go to page 15 of this thread? When I click on 15, it comes back to 14.
post #575 of 626
This is why they don't let reporters talk to Palin supporters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjxzmaXAg9E&e
post #576 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akumulator View Post

This is why they don't let reporters talk to Palin supporters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjxzmaXAg9E&e

What is so terrifying about that is that these are everyday folk, everyday dumb-assed folks . . . and you can just see how the innuendos filters down to the minds un-bothered by cerebral toil and left vulnerable to the propaganda in all its forms, -e-mails. planted rumors, local news, blogs etc- and how all the innuendos are mixed together in a stew and amplified by that clogged up grey-matter feedback loop pressure cookker and they all grows into something ugly and monstrous: an reflex that thinks its an opinion, a mob.
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #577 of 626
BTW: yeah, page 15 is always tomorrow here too.

and with the sticky its two pages deeper

[actually, this post seems to have finally kicked it in]
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #578 of 626
Here's a great quote I ran accross on a discussion about the Palin Hate monger's ball"

Quote:
No wonder Bush is stepping back from the McCain campaign. He's obviously afraid the association will tarnish his legacy.

lol
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #579 of 626
HA! That is simply amazing. You just can't make this stuff up.
post #580 of 626
Sara will be doing Saturday Night Live on October 25.

It seems that the pit-bull who can't do interviews has time to play outdoors.

I will not watch the videos because I do not think she deserves the honor; this entire campaign is some kind of sick joke to her.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10102008...snl_132932.htm

post #581 of 626
Quote:

I will not watch the videos because I do not think she deserves the honor...

This is the problem with liberals. They think appearing on SNL is some kind of honour.

The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #582 of 626
If that is the only problem then I think we're in good shape.
post #583 of 626
She owes the American people access to her so that they can discover who she really is. At the moment, her "supporters" barely have a clue as to who she is but have drunk the Kool Aid (she's our candidate so we support her). Many of the rest haven't any better idea who she is.

We saw a speech that she read very well. Having watched a few videos of her talking (from Alaska that place next to Russia) it's obvious that her convention speech was not truly her. Who it was, well, that is a question.

We have seen a few campaign stops where she largely repeats the same things over and over and then disappears.

We have seen her performances on TV only a couple of times, most of which were horrifying. If that is the real Sara.

The debate, well, she flat out said she wasn't going to answer in the manner assumed and then launched into a rather prepared presentation. Again, a falsehood that doesn't show the real person.

Her stump speeches only seek to spread fear and hatred without showing any sign of the leadership we might expect under her. They also seek to divide the nation into Us and Them (like some old Hannity speeches), Us and elite liberals. The POTUS and VP should be attempting to unite the country.

She talks about most anything but the main issues affecting ordinary Americans.

She doesn't even really know much about her supposed specialty of energy.

We have seen her tax records. They are odd, at best and only two years?

We have seen the fiasco that was made out of Troopergate, where she went against her word and turned it over to Camp McCain. Again, if a insight into the real Sara, a horrifying one.

Alaska is next to Russia. The most ridiculous statement of qualification ever.

We have little idea who she is and millions of people want her to be out VP and possibly POTUS simply because she is on their ticket. This is what scars me the most: that they will so blindly and mindlessly accept this person. Why don't they ask more questions? why don't they want to engage in discourse with her? Is the nation turning into a Borg collective?

She owes it to the American people to appear before them and answer their questions. Supposedly, it is a democracy, yet she is being pranced around like monarchy.

Appearing on any show that does not seek to discover who she is is an honor she does not deserve, SNL or any other. When she has had interviews and press conferences, then yes, but not until then.

This is absolutely sick, and millions are gobbling it up.

post #584 of 626
Quote:

She owes the American people access to her so that they can discover who she really is. At the moment, her "supporters" barely have a clue as to who she is but have drunk the Kool Aid (she's our candidate so we support her). Many of the rest haven't any better idea who she is.

We saw a speech that she read very well. Having watched a few videos of her talking (from Alaska that place next to Russia) it's obvious that her convention speech was not truly her. Who it was, well, that is a question.

We have seen a few campaign stops where she largely repeats the same things over and over and then disappears.

We have seen her performances on TV only a couple of times, most of which were horrifying. If that is the real Sara.

The debate, well, she flat out said she wasn't going to answer in the manner assumed and then launched into a rather prepared presentation. Again, a falsehood that doesn't show the real person.

We have seen her tax records. They are odd, at best and only two years?

We have seen the fiasco that was made out of Troopergate, where she went against her word and turned it over to Camp McCain. Again, if a insight into the real Sara, a horrifying one.

Alaska is next to Russia. The most ridiculous statement of qualification ever.

We have little idea who she is and millions of people want her to be out VP and possibly POTUS simply because she is on their ticket. This is what scars me the most: that they will so blindly and mindlessly accept this person. Why don't they ask more questions? why don't they want to engage in discourse with her? Is the nation turning into a Borg collective?

She owes it to the American people to appear before them and answer their questions. Supposedly, it is a democracy, yet she is being pranced around like monarchy.

Appearing on any show that does not seek to discover who she is is an honor she does not deserve, SNL or any other. When she has had interviews and press conferences, then yes, but not until then.

This is absolutely sick, and millions are gobbling it up.

I can't explain it other than I think people are willing to swallow anything in order to remain in "power". Hardcore right-wingers believe Palin is the second coming and ask almost no critical questions.

I came back to the Republican ticket to support Ron Paul and recently left it again due to my utter disgust with their 'say anything, do anything' strategy to promote McCain. It's probably too much to ask McCain/Palin supporters to be ashamed of their nominees, so I won't ask.

In my own corner, I've become extremely disenchanted with Ron Paul for his endorsement of Chuck Baldwin, head of the "Constitution Party", which is anything but constitutional. Just take a look at their party platform. Really discouraging.

Mind you, I'm not voting for Obama either. As a matter of fact, I've become so repulsed by the entire campaign process this season that I'll likely not cast a vote for any presidential candidate.

One thing I can guarantee you, though. I'm going to actively campaign to kick out as many members of Congress and the House of Representatives as I can. I consider them all traitors for their passage of the bail-out.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #585 of 626
Spam, how about Bob Barr?
post #586 of 626
Bob Barr is a homophobic drug warrior. Fsck Bob Barr - he does not deserve to lead the libertarian party.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #587 of 626
Conservatives are absolutely livid because the latest Newsweek cover is giving her supporters (the ones who think this 40-something is 'hot') limp-dick.
post #588 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

Conservatives are absolutely livid because the latest Newsweek cover is giving her supporters (the ones who think this 40-something is 'hot') limp-dick.

Amazing. Simply amazing.

The closeup photo looks just fine to me. You'd have to find similar closeups of others on the cover of Newsweek to judge the factuals here.

Even then, absent celebrity (I'm assuming here that Palin is a politician and not a celebrity) closeups how does this photo compare to other closeups of other politicians?

What I find striking is the two faced nature of this closeup. We only see her bright side, while her dark side is almost, but not quite, cropped. This in fact suggests that Palin does indeed possess a dark side, but tries to hides behind the facade of her "sparkling" public image.
post #589 of 626
Here's another cover:

I have no idea what this woman looks like in real life, but that picture doesn't looked particularly airbrushed or enhanced.

Here's another:

Again, looks like a pretty straight shot.

I won't clog up the thread with more images, but anyone can go here and have a look. It appears to me that Newsweek favors a candid, unprocessed look for their cover portraits.

I'm starting to worry about the right. They're living in an alternative universe where all forces are arrayed against them and every pebble in the road is an irrefutable sign of nefarious plotting.

What are these people going to do after Obama is elected and things are tough? Because that certainly will be the case. If there is a sizable contingent, as there appears to be, that actually believes that the economy fell apart because Obama conspired with his terrorist buddies to give free houses to black people, all so that he could usher in his socialist dictatorship, what might they be expected to do about it?

Jesus Christ, are there no moral or sane Republicans left? Is civil war actually better than accepting that we might have a centrist, mildly reform minded Democrat for president?
post #590 of 626
Now that Kindle is seriously ugly.
post #591 of 626
Here's a huge magazine cover photo of Barack Obama from the 11/2007 issue of Vibe;

Vibe 5244 x 3412 pixel two page spread of Barack Obama

Doesn't look the least bit airbrushed to me.

Not to sound too sexist or anything, but are any men complaining about this Newsweek cover?

We are talking about the cover of Newsweek, a news magazine, and not the cover of Vogue, a fashion magazine, aren't we?

I mean it still looks like a great jerk off image of Palin.
post #592 of 626
Palin is not having the best of weeks. First, a court rules she must keep all her emails that were on private accounts Now the Troopergate investigation determines an abuse of power. The rallies have come under attack by conservatives and some Republicans are not only calling her a cancer to the party (nay, humanity) but also openly campaigning for Obama.

And yet Camp McCain tries to spin...

And a big storm ripped through Alaska, leaving thousands without power at the beginning of winter. Has Governor Palin returned to check on things or is the Campaign for Country more important?

post #593 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

Now that Kindle is seriously ugly.

Hahahahaha, they should have airbrushed the Kindle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

I would have to wonder what definition of airbrush they are using in the complaint because it can mean something as innocent as removing a pimple to some serious as changing body dimensions. Most of the time smaller wrinkle lines, liver spots related to aging, obtrusive veins and things like that are dealt with.

On the Palin cover I would note the following. First that is one hell of an extreme close-up. They've cut out her hair, her neck and even part of her face. The shadows are added. As was noted on the menacing McCain photos a good photographer and also a good photo editor understand the importance of light. Palin has a shadow on one side of her face from her glasses and also on the other side of her face as it appears to be unlit. That harsh a lighting choice would reflect something in my view.

Additionally beauty has a lot to do with symmetry and ratios of facial components. There is a reason everybody appears to still love Britney Spears even though she is a chain-smoking, Dorito eating nutcase. She has beautiful ratios with regard to her face and great symmetry. (There are other actors and actresses that do as well but she is an example of beauty that will cause people to ignore the reality of her decisions and even singing ability)

Most of us do not have good symmetry and by that I don't mean we look like Igor the lab assistant, but that we have an eye that has slightly higher, lower, bigger, smaller placement than the other. We have uneven brows, our jawlines and even our heads are not the same on each side. The side that has better dimensions and placement is our "good side" and the other side is our "bad side" with regard to taking photographs.

A good photographer should help you utilize your good side to look your best. The reason you see certain people posing the same way over and over again is because that is their best side much like how a singer sings best in certain keys. (Buy your favorite singer across several albums and you will profoundly notice this)

I may ruin a couple actresses for you by pointing this out but I want my point made. Jodie Foster does not have good symmetry. She hides it with her hair and with angles. If you ever see a straight up shot of her face it is very easy to spot and so this doesn't happen often. Halle Berry has a left eye that is smaller than her right eye and the brow on that side is a bit weaker. (Paris Hilton has the same thing and so do I which is why I spot it so easily) Most of these problems get worse with age.

When someone removes a side of the face, that says something in a photo. Also what they put in and leave out says something. If I were guessing, I would say that Palin considers her right side to be her best and they photographed her left side. Her face is naturally very round which actually gives her a bit of a chubby look even when she is thin. She clearly works to counter this by putting her hair up most of the time and also by using makeup the change her "shadows" on her cheekbones. In the photo they cropped out her hair, and cropped out a third of her face.

It is an unflattering shot and yes she still looks pretty good in it, but in reality the job of all the people taking the actions associated with the shot is the make the people in them look good. We could argue that Obama had $5,000 of airbrushing and Palin only had $2000 or some nonsense like that, but so much more gives away the shot before that.

I also apologize to anyone who gets a complex after this because they look in the mirror and discover their nose isn't perfectly straight (don't compare your nostril size either), their brow line is uneven, one eye has slightly different placement than the other, etc. I didn't mean to give you a complex. You are not a monster. Just making sure your lighting and angles are right when they shoot you for Newsweek.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #594 of 626
Quote:

Here's another cover:

I have no idea what this woman looks like in real life, but that picture doesn't looked particularly airbrushed or enhanced.

Actually I doubt her skin tone would be that even all over but there is no easy way to show such a thing.

It is easy to show how they used good angles to help her appearance though. They shot her best side and also gave her head a good tilt to cover eye placement and the fact that her jaw is not even on both sides. Her arm placement distracts a bit from her very broad shoulders. I'm not trying to be rude but her harsh features almost border on being a tranny. Her hair being down softens that jawline. I suspect the watch placement is also to make her hands look smaller.

Do me a favor, take your laptop or if you so feel compelled, your desktop monitor, and while looking at the picture take the right side and tip it up about four inches until her eyes are even instead of the tilt. Can you see the lack of symmetry between the eyes there that is being covered?

Imagine if they took a shot with her hands behind her back showing those broad shoulders, with her hair up emphasizing that jawline and from the right side which would make the lack of symmetry even more pronounced. That would be a terrible shot.

post #595 of 626
Can someone transllate Trumpt's posts for me, I don't have the time to read them. Are they actually arguing the validity of the complaint about the cover photo?

I just have to say, this is lunacy, utter, idiotic, lunacy (RE: question about the photos)

Besides, behind the scenes at FOX, you can here them saying "any news is good news" meaning, any chance to utter those horrible words "Sarah Palin" again, and drill them further into the brains of Der Volke is good.
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #596 of 626
I would suggest that folks on the right might want to change up the messaging, starting now.

People are fucking freaked out by what's happening to the economy. If the right is going to persist in some kind of blogger driven forensics nut job conspiracy world, endlessly combing the internets for evidence of "liberal bias" and bad kerning and unflattering angles and funny looks from moderators, and if they are going to persist in the raving lunacy of casting "liberals" as a cross between Stalin and a mincing cocktail queen, they are going to have all the political relevancy of regional third party advocating moving the capital to Omaha and abolishing the public schools.

Seriously, what is wrong with you people?
post #597 of 626
Quote:

I would suggest that folks on the right might want to change up the messaging, starting now.

People are fucking freaked out by what's happening to the economy. If the right is going to persist in some kind of blogger driven forensics nut job conspiracy world, endlessly combing the internets for evidence of "liberal bias" and bad kerning and unflattering angles and funny looks from moderators, and if they are going to persist in the raving lunacy of casting "liberals" as a cross between Stalin and a mincing cocktail queen, they are going to have all the political relevancy of regional third party advocating moving the capital to Omaha and abolishing the public schools.

Seriously, what is wrong with you people?

I agree that people are freaked out about the economy. However so far the solutions are being given by the same folks who caused the problems be they right or left. The media which should actually be reporting is instead bleeding red ink because when a candidate does come out with a message they focus on what they desire to promote instead of reporting news.

How hard is it really to just report the news? How many talking heads does it take to read the damn copy off the teleprompter? Not too many and so most of the time, no matter the network is spent on a bunch of talking heads showing their biases by dissecting the intent of those they hate since the news itself won't reveal it.

Why do bloggers spend their time pondering why Newsweek did an extreme closeup on the cover followed up by a series of photos catching out of context facial expressions and turning them into a lampooning photo series? They do that because that is what the "news" organizations are spending their time reporting on. People don't pay for propaganda.

Hey do we all yet know that some Republican supporter yelled at McCain on the stump? Sure. Do we know some guy somewhere yelled out kill them at a Palin speech. Yep. Do we have a nice hour long interview where major clips of the discussion aren't laying on the cutting room floor, where the questions aren't loaded, or false dilemmas, etc. instead of just asking for information? No we don't.

The media does not report on Republicans. They don't report on Democrats either because they "know" them to be good people and so they just reinforce the like with puff pieces. We don't have that hour long discussion I mentioned from Obama or McCain.

The closest we have had to that so far was the Saddleback discussion. The saddest thing is that increasingly the Daily Show and Colbert Report are the "news." I've even given up the Sunday Talk Shows, the only bit of network or cable news I still watched because there are segments now devoted to who told the funniest jokes each week instead of longer policy discussions. This Week has gotten to be the worst. Shouldn't This Week be different from Real Time for goodness sakes? I can enjoy the quasi-comical political commentary shows. I really enjoy Bill Maher but the guy should not be the same thing as a reporter. If I cant tell This Week apart from the Real Time, then something is wrong with our newsreporting process.

post #598 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

I agree that people are freaked out about the economy. However so far the solutions are being given by the same folks who caused the problems be they right or left. The media which should actually be reporting is instead bleeding red ink because when a candidate does come out with a message they focus on what they desire to promote instead of reporting news.

How hard is it really to just report the news? How many talking heads does it take to read the damn copy off the teleprompter? Not too many and so most of the time, no matter the network is spent on a bunch of talking heads showing their biases by dissecting the intent of those they hate since the news itself won't reveal it.

Why do bloggers spend their time pondering why Newsweek did an extreme closeup on the cover followed up by a series of photos catching out of context facial expressions and turning them into a lampooning photo series? They do that because that is what the "news" organizations are spending their time reporting on. People don't pay for propaganda.

Hey do we all yet know that some Republican supporter yelled at McCain on the stump? Sure. Do we know some guy somewhere yelled out kill them at a Palin speech. Yep. Do we have a nice hour long interview where major clips of the discussion aren't laying on the cutting room floor, where the questions aren't loaded, or false dilemmas, etc. instead of just asking for information? No we don't.

The media does not report on Republicans. They don't report on Democrats either because they "know" them to be good people and so they just reinforce the like with puff pieces. We don't have that hour long discussion I mentioned from Obama or McCain.

The closest we have had to that so far was the Saddleback discussion. The saddest thing is that increasingly the Daily Show and Colbert Report are the "news." I've even given up the Sunday Talk Shows, the only bit of network or cable news I still watched because there are segments now devoted to who told the funniest jokes each week instead of longer policy discussions. This Week has gotten to be the worst. Shouldn't This Week be different from Real Time for goodness sakes? I can enjoy the quasi-comical political commentary shows. I really enjoy Bill Maher but the guy should not be the same thing as a reporter. If I cant tell This Week apart from the Real Time, then something is wrong with our newsreporting process.

This is why I've always laughed at the notion of " The Criminal Liberal Media ". It's not driven by liberal or conservative. They've always been out for themselves. Just like as is the case with some comedians the republicans have been giving them so much material in the last several years to work with.

Just look at their reporting of this economic crisis. Newspapers with Bold Headlines " Confidence is down! with a big arrow pointing down. Everyone already knows that so why the theatrics and what does that do to the already anxiety ridden populace? Is that even ethical at this time? Of course that might make things worse which in turn might make more headlines. It's called " Ratings ".
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #599 of 626
Did Palin appear on any Sunday shows this week, either?

post #600 of 626
Quote:

Did Palin appear on any Sunday shows this week, either?

I wouldn't expect to see her doing that right now. They're in battleground states trying to rile up the Klansmen.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Why they hate her (Sarah Palin)