or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Why they hate her (Sarah Palin)

Why they hate her (Sarah Palin) - Page 16

post #601 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

The media does not report on Republicans. They don't report on Democrats either because they "know" them to be good people and so they just reinforce the like with puff pieces. We don't have that hour long discussion I mentioned from Obama or McCain.

As WE all know all the media is biased against Republicans, Neo Cons and the Moral Majority. Despite being owned by them.

How do we know this? Because the Republicans, Neo Cons and the Moral Majority keep telling us so in the highly biased media.
post #602 of 626
Palin's staff doesn't let her watch the news so that she won't get depressed.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the...sed_palin.html

Now her own staff are proving that they don't feel that she is qualified!

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #603 of 626
This more than anything proves that we shouldn't get complacent and get out there November 4th and vote.

This public service message I think says it all.
post #604 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

This public service message I think says it all.

That was awesome.
post #605 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Palin's staff doesn't let her watch the news so that she won't get depressed.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the...sed_palin.html

Now her own staff are proving that they don't feel that she is qualified!

Listen to this kind of rhetoric and imagine it spewing from a President:
Quote:
She added that while she doesn't always appreciate the way reporters portray the GOP ticket, she's been bolstered by the prayers of many of the campaign's backers.

"But yeah, sometimes you do get depressed watching what it is that they're reporting and the spin and some of the distortion of what our message is and what we stand for. Sometimes that, that gets draining," she continued. "But it's at events like these and our rallies that we are so energized and inspired and we know that we are not alone. We feel your strength and we feel the power of prayer, so many of you tell us that you are praying for us and praying for our country and that's why we so appreciate you being here."
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #606 of 626
MIchelle Obama is hate filled. Todd's just keepin' it real:

Man, ACORN is powerful beyond all imagining, isn't it? A thinly funded organization of volunteers and poor people brought down the economy, are on the verge of stealing the election, and come to find out are typically mass murderers.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #607 of 626
Palin was on SNL. It was appalling.

Tina was great for her part, but Sara should have stayed home brushing up on some topics or could have given an interview. Why in the heck does she have time for SNL but not for interviews or press conferences?

post #608 of 626
Quote:

Tina was great for her part, but Sara should have stayed home brushing up on some topics or could have given an interview. Why in the heck does she have time for SNL but not for interviews or press conferences?

I thought it was funny that she was being made the butt of all the jokes, basically being made a fool of, and could just sit there taking it all. Seth Myers needed to ask her: "So do you really believe the world is only 6000 years old?".
post #609 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

I thought it was funny that she was being made the butt of all the jokes, basically being made a fool of, and could just sit there taking it all. Seth Myers needed to ask her: "So do you really believe the world is only 6000 years old?".

So ok it was funny. She probably did it to defuse all the bad press about her. An attempt to repair her image. However it doesn't mean she's good VP material or that anyone should vote for her. All it means is that she's big enough to laugh at herself and take all of that.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #610 of 626
My wife watched it this evening and instantly remarked that Palin seemed too dumb to realize that she was the focus of the jokes; my wife was less impressed than ever with Palin. She saw it as an attempt to improve her image but a lame one that actually likely will have the opposite effect, especially among women.

post #611 of 626
Quote:

Probably because study after study has shown that the media has no interest in reporting the news, has larger losses every quarter because they engage in propaganda instead of reporting, and finally because they have already investigated Palin enough to know what week she got her first period in while ignoring Rezko, Ayers, the lack of true accomplishment by Obama, etc.

Now I'm going to watch This Week with ol'George who will not note that when George Bush raised record money it was corrupting, but will not say a negative word about the $150 million Obama raised this month except to say it rules. Then he will not note Powell was a liar that enabled and helped justify the Bush war in his view, but is awesome now that he endorsed Obama. Finally he will will let the last ten minutes roll out with segments of all the late night and cable comics beating on Republicans with jokes by 7-1 and call it news.

One of the most interesting thing about this election is how how clear the Obama talking points are and how often the media repeats them. I don't know if someone has compiled a montage of every time someone has mentioned the word "erratic" but it would be both sad and amusing.

It is really easy to see the consensus machine at work. I didn't even have to watch the third debate and knew that every slanted organization would go straight to CBS and CNN for the "snap poll" that would show Obama winning. The news organization prefer to show comics pretending to read the news than the real news because the comics say what the anchors think and wish they could say.

Propaganda has become reality. The media will tell us what traffic tickets Joe the Plumber has in what city within 12 hours but can't figure out what Obama did at Annenberg. The media can't report that people not paying taxes will receive checks but can note how many times and what intent it conveys when McCain blinks.

Welcome to our world come 2009. We will print dollars to pay for the distorted reality. It will destroy wealth. Prepare to be poor. I don't fault Republicans because there aren't enough of them and even when there are, they aren't conservative enough anymore. In my view this is more a generational thing. The Boomer Republicans are often nothing more than RINO's. They share the same generational blind spot. They have been bankrupting the country and will continue to do so.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #612 of 626
Up is down.
Those in power are the victims.
proud resident of a failed state
post #613 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Probably because study after study has shown that the media has no interest in reporting the news, has larger losses every quarter because they engage in propaganda instead of reporting, and finally because they have already investigated Palin enough to know what week she got her first period in while ignoring Rezko, Ayers, the lack of true accomplishment by Obama, etc.

Now I'm going to watch This Week with ol'George who will not note that when George Bush raised record money it was corrupting, but will not say a negative word about the $150 million Obama raised this month except to say it rules. Then he will not note Powell was a liar that enabled and helped justify the Bush war in his view, but is awesome now that he endorsed Obama. Finally he will will let the last ten minutes roll out with segments of all the late night and cable comics beating on Republicans with jokes by 7-1 and call it news.

One of the most interesting thing about this election is how how clear the Obama talking points are and how often the media repeats them. I don't know if someone has compiled a montage of every time someone has mentioned the word "erratic" but it would be both sad and amusing.

It is really easy to see the consensus machine at work. I didn't even have to watch the third debate and knew that every slanted organization would go straight to CBS and CNN for the "snap poll" that would show Obama winning. The news organization prefer to show comics pretending to read the news than the real news because the comics say what the anchors think and wish they could say.

Propaganda has become reality. The media will tell us what traffic tickets Joe the Plumber has in what city within 12 hours but can't figure out what Obama did at Annenberg. The media can't report that people not paying taxes will receive checks but can note how many times and what intent it conveys when McCain blinks.

Welcome to our world come 2009. We will print dollars to pay for the distorted reality. It will destroy wealth. Prepare to be poor. I don't fault Republicans because there aren't enough of them and even when there are, they aren't conservative enough anymore. In my view this is more a generational thing. The Boomer Republicans are often nothing more than RINO's. They share the same generational blind spot. They have been bankrupting the country and will continue to do so.

Who cares if even one word of the above were true? I know I don't.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
post #614 of 626
I like the famous "study after study."

Study after study has shown that that Republican Party little more than ten pounds of lie in a five pound sack.
post #615 of 626
And I love how the media is said to be biased against McCain. McCain, who no one but the media has ever much liked. THe conservative base doesn't like him, that's for sure. Democrats aren't going to vote for him, certainly not after 8 years of Republicans. McCain, who only won the primaries because the media said it was good for McCain when Romney lost Iowa to Huckabee, and McCain couldn't even beat Fred Thompson. But somehow the media thought that was terrific news for McCain. And these are the media that are biased against McCain!
post #616 of 626
They give him donuts and eat at his ranch and giggle at his jokes... they obviously hate him.

post #617 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

And I love how the media is said to be biased against McCain. McCain, who no one but the media has ever much liked. THe conservative base doesn't like him, that's for sure. Democrats aren't going to vote for him, certainly not after 8 years of Republicans. McCain, who only won the primaries because the media said it was good for McCain when Romney lost Iowa to Huckabee, and McCain couldn't even beat Fred Thompson. But somehow the media thought that was terrific news for McCain. And these are the media that are biased against McCain!

Don't forget that the base was pretty "meh" about McCain until Palin came along with her gays, guns, and god stuff.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #618 of 626
Which suggests that the only wing of the Republican Party which can still be whipped into a frenzy is exactly that demographic that is least helpful, going forward.

The small gummit types are humiliated (well, some of them ), the neocons are stubborn but not really in demand right now, the fiscally conservative have nothing to say to the country beyond "Bush who?", so that leaves the red meat cultural yahoos.

Red meat cultural yahoos aren't very useful when what is called for is level thinking and consensus building.

This rage at the country they live in and the hatred of its institutions and the growing sense that they're ready to take matters into their own hands is just fucked up. Counterproductive.
post #619 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

Don't forget that the base was pretty "meh" about McCain until Palin came along with her gays, guns, and god stuff.

I know she energized my base, if you know what I mean!

post #620 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Red meat cultural yahoos aren't very useful when what is called for is level thinking and consensus building.

This rage at the country they live in and the hatred of its institutions and the growing sense that they're ready to take matters into their own hands is just fucked up. Counterproductive.

I don't think you're thinking this all the way through, adda. Just keep this in mind:

if this keeps up, LA, MS, AL, GA, SC, and TN could all secede.
post #621 of 626
Quote:

I don't think you're thinking this all the way through, adda. Just keep this in mind:

if this keeps up, LA, MS, AL, GA, SC, and TN could all secede.

I dunno, would that be so bad, at this point?

The Palin voter seems to be animated by their complete and utter loathing of the country that surrounds them and all of its institutions. Given their own country, they could be free to experiment with some kind of hybrid authoritarian/agrarian utopianism. You know, like their fantasy of the antebellum south. The rest of us could watch.
post #622 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

I dunno, would that be so bad, at this point?

That is the logical conclusion of all this, isn't it? If you're in MS, and you think America is gone to hell in a handbasket and that the elite libruls in Jackson and Memphis are arrayed against you ever bringing America back to its 19th century ideals, doesn't there come a point at which you and some of your neighbors say "You know what? Fuck it. We're starting our own country (again). Fuck this Federalism thing. We're going to be a confederacy (again)."
post #623 of 626
Quote:

That is the logical conclusion of all this, isn't it? If you're in MS, and you think America is gone to hell in a handbasket and that the elite libruls in Jackson and Memphis are arrayed against you ever bringing America back to its 19th century ideals, doesn't there come a point at which you and some of your neighbors say "You know what? Fuck it. We're starting our own country (again). Fuck this Federalism thing. We're going to be a confederacy (again)."

It's probably not just a coincidence that Palin has palled around with people in Alaska who believe exactly that.
post #624 of 626
Quote:

Yep. Might be for the best. Of course, I have no idea what to do about the great number of African Americans who would be stranded in a country no longer constrained by having to pretend like they got on board this whole "civil rights" nonsense. I dare say we'd see some pretty harrowing solutions to "the crime problem."
post #625 of 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

It's probably not just a coincidence that Palin has palled around with people in Alaska who believe exactly that.

It doesn't even bear mentioning, since the liberal media has made such a big deal out of it.
post #626 of 626
As if there was ever any doubt...............
Quote:
WALLACE: Senator, as a cold political calculation, hasn't Governor Palin become a drag on your ticket?

MCCAIN: As a cold political calculation, I could not be more pleased.

She has excited and energized our base. She is a direct counterpoint to the liberal feminist agenda for America. She has a wonderful family. She's a reformer. She's a conservative. She's the best thing that could have happened to my campaign and to America and when I see the enthusiasm and I see the passion that she has aroused, I am so happy.

What the hell happened to "Country First"?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Why they hate her (Sarah Palin)