or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › A 'healthy' Steve Jobs expected to take the stage tomorrow
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A 'healthy' Steve Jobs expected to take the stage tomorrow - Page 2

post #41 of 70
Mozzarella, you are wicked. lol

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply
post #42 of 70
Good one
post #43 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Mozzarella View Post


Just look at the difference - amazing. Not sure when the first photo was taken, the 2nd one is from June. Yikes, he's a changed man....

Brilliant!
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #44 of 70
Wow!

We as a "civilized" people have a long way to go yet don't we? Just look at this, making fun of a friend's life threatening illness. Nice... so very inspiring. Thank you.
post #45 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPeon View Post

Wow!

We as a "civilized" people have a long way to go yet don't we? Just look at this, making fun of a friend's life threatening illness. Nice... so very inspiring. Thank you.

Indeed, completely uncivilized. Why next we'll be nailing cats to trees and bashing them with our heads.

He's making light of the obsessive comparisons of pictures of Jobs that keep being made. They've become a kind of nerd augury, somehow foretelling the doom of Apple, Inc. to anxious crowds of forum members. They are ripe for parody, all he did was make it even more ridiculous.
MacBook Pro C2D 2.4GHz and a battle-scarred PowerBook G4 1.33GHz

"When you gaze long into a dead pixel, the dead pixes gazes also into you"
Reply
MacBook Pro C2D 2.4GHz and a battle-scarred PowerBook G4 1.33GHz

"When you gaze long into a dead pixel, the dead pixes gazes also into you"
Reply
post #46 of 70
Well I didn't post the photo because I thought it "foretold the doom of apple". I just thought it was interesting. It's practically impossible to have an online discussion about apple anymore, everyone is so entrenched one way or the other.
post #47 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

MacBooks, MacBook Pros, and iMacs -- would follow the introduction of iPods by several weeks and months.

What about new Minis?
post #48 of 70
nonstop:

Fair point, but I still think this rather intense discussion has gotten theatrical enough that it's a good source of humor. I was only responding to iPeon's distaste.
MacBook Pro C2D 2.4GHz and a battle-scarred PowerBook G4 1.33GHz

"When you gaze long into a dead pixel, the dead pixes gazes also into you"
Reply
MacBook Pro C2D 2.4GHz and a battle-scarred PowerBook G4 1.33GHz

"When you gaze long into a dead pixel, the dead pixes gazes also into you"
Reply
post #49 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPeon View Post

Wow!

We as a "civilized" people have a long way to go yet don't we? Just look at this, making fun of a friend's life threatening illness. Nice... so very inspiring. Thank you.

Steve is fine.
Sure he has to watch the diet but don't we all.
I think Steve looks great!
Most of us are used to seeing overweight Americans all the time.
Steve is about 5'10" and according to a standard height weight chart, a healthy weight for him would be 130-170 lbs,
He is probably right around 140.

Your welcome.
post #50 of 70
PS - Ghandi probably would have lived well into his 80s if he wasn't shot.
Bruce Lee could do one finger push ups and died at age 32 of a brain hemorrhage.
Go figure.
post #51 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdcat View Post

I think it'd be a great gag for Jobs to be carried onto the stage in a stretcher, or even a casket

Stay classy!
post #52 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

He's obviously taken too much on- that's what's called Macarexia.

Apple accidentally made their CEO thinner too!?
post #53 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronster View Post


All I can say is JEEEZUS... WTF!
post #54 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPeon View Post

Wow! We as a "civilized" people have a long way to go yet don't we? Just look at this, making fun of a friend's life threatening illness. Nice... so very inspiring. Thank you.

It can be insensitive, I agree. But at the same time, humour is one of our only ways of making sense of our seemingly random life and death of our existence... Humour, and/or Faith+Enlightenment... or All of the above.

Steve will probably make a quick quip in a witty but abstract way about people's concerns about his health.
post #55 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Mozzarella View Post

PS - Ghandi probably would have lived well into his 80s if he wasn't shot.
Bruce Lee could do one finger push ups and died at age 32 of a brain hemorrhage.
Go figure.

Transcendance. Once a person's being becomes so different from the rest of humanity, they tend not to stay alive in our plane of reality. Some days I fear Steve is at this point, though hopefully he won't be too brilliant to have to leave us.
post #56 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Mozzarella View Post

Steve is fine.
Sure he has to watch the diet but don't we all.
I think Steve looks great!
Most of us are used to seeing overweight Americans all the time.
Steve is about 5'10" and according to a standard height weight chart, a healthy weight for him would be 130-170 lbs,
He is probably right around 140.

Your welcome.

Umm... certain height/weight charts show Serena Williams to be of "Medium Frame".




I don' think that's a "Medium" frame for most people in teh world.
post #57 of 70
If Steve does do the event I'm sure he'll slip in a joke about the obit.

As for redesigned Macbooks, I think the next Macbook should be the Air. Just discontinue the current line and make the Air (with a price drop) the entry level.
post #58 of 70
Steve should get Sarah Palin to do the Keynote and give a presentation on "Apple, the bridge to everywhere."
post #59 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeNsteinNo View Post

Steve should get Sarah Palin to do the Keynote and give a presentation on "Apple, the bridge to everywhere."

Go back to your CHump Change and drop the politics on here.
post #60 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

All I can say is JEEEZUS... WTF!

That's called ZUNE RAGE!
post #61 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorlsciact View Post

. . ., and wearing a looser shirt in the second one.

Ding, ding, ding! Bonus points for Trevor! This is the first time I've seen the word "looser" used correctly on the Internet. Usually, this spelling is used to refer to the opposite of a winner.

There is hope that the English language may survive after all.
post #62 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshbj View Post

The stock market is like politics. People put crap out there and hope it sticks. Facts are secondary at best.

so true. and the rest of the world revolves around US stock prices and is languishing because of it.

how fickle is that!
post #63 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Transcendance. Once a person's being becomes so different from the rest of humanity, they tend not to stay alive in our plane of reality. Some days I fear Steve is at this point, though hopefully he won't be too brilliant to have to leave us.

Great first sentence but I hope you're not attempting to compare Jobs with someone like Ghandi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macFanDave View Post

Ding, ding, ding! Bonus points for Trevor! This is the first time I've seen the word "looser" used correctly on the Internet. Usually, this spelling is used to refer to the opposite of a winner.

That would be louzer.
post #64 of 70
oopsy daisy
post #65 of 70
If anything Jobs looked like he had lost more weight in today's keynote.
post #66 of 70
Steve Jobs looked exactly the same.
post #67 of 70
as skeletor
post #68 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

It can be insensitive, I agree. But at the same time, humour is one of our only ways of making sense of our seemingly random life and death of our existence... Humour, and/or Faith+Enlightenment... or All of the above.

I agree with that 100%. Laughing with is indeed a great stress relief. However, laughing at is to ridicule. Big difference.
post #69 of 70
Steve is healthy. See below.

post #70 of 70
Although I hate making fun at other people's misery, I do agree that some sarcasm/irony helps make things less dramatic in an already way to dramatic world....and as we have seen SJ made some fun about his supposed "almost dead" status!
Apple Farmer

what's not to love about my 15" MBP, 2.4 Ghz Core 2 Duo?
Reply
Apple Farmer

what's not to love about my 15" MBP, 2.4 Ghz Core 2 Duo?
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › A 'healthy' Steve Jobs expected to take the stage tomorrow