or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple posts "Let's Rock" event QuickTime stream

Apple posts "Let's Rock" event QuickTime stream

post #1 of 47
Apple on Tuesday evening gave those left out of the Yerba Buena Center a video stream of the company's iPod and iTunes introductions.

The stream-only video currently captures the entirety of Apple's "Let's Rock" event.

At the special music gathering, Apple's event was headlined by iTunes 8, which adds a new Genius feature for automatic playlist creation as well as HD resolution TV shows and a new Grid view for browsing by album and show covers. NBC Universal shows are returning to iTunes along with the update.

The most significant device release was the fourth-generation iPod nano. Aside from significantly revamping the design, Apple has given the player a new interface and a hardware twist borrowed from the iPod touch: as revealed by AppleInsider just before the launch, the fourth iteration of the iPod nano is the first with an accelerometer that enables an easy Cover Flow mode. It also brings quicker photo browsing and a shake-to-shuffle control for music.

Apple also took the opportunity to introduce a reworked iPod touch with hardware volume controls and built-in Nike + iPod support, a 120GB iPod classic, and rejuvenated color choices for the iPod shuffle.

The company also set the launch of 2.1 firmware for Friday with a focus on bug fixes, and introduced brand-new earphones that include the first-ever in-line mic for iPods and Apple's first high-end, in-canal earbuds.

Lastly, AppleInsider has collected additional notes about the event, including Steve Jobs' own statements on his health.
post #2 of 47
I got in! That's the first time I've got in on the first day of a keynote stream. Nice.
post #3 of 47
Steve looks a lot healthier this time. <whew> Skinny, but healthier.

Skinny ain't hurt no one!
post #4 of 47
Does anyone know the song they used in the new nano ad?
post #5 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post

Does anyone know the song they used in the new nano ad?

"Bruises," by Chairlift from the album, "Does You Inspire You." All it took was a little Google search.
post #6 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmy Caution View Post

All it took was a little Google search.

Thanks for that. I did use google and if you do a search for "song used in new iPod nano ad" all the results relate to last years ad.... so that's why I asked here...
post #7 of 47
Just watched the keynote and am VERY impressed. Love the beautiful new nanos. Using the entire spectrum should be their default from now on!

....one more thing.....

I am a big fan of apple's software and whenever they release a new version of OSX, iLife, or iWork, I get pretty excited.

Did anyone notice the effects used in Steve's keynote today? Many were different, especially the "beam in effect" straight out of star trek, and the effect that took letters and numbers and rearranged them to make new words from words on the previous slide.

I think we're getting a look at the beta version of the newest version of Keynote.

Great address. Worth the wait.
post #8 of 47
Does anyone know what the last song played (when people start leaving their seats) is ?
post #9 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacFitzPro

Did anyone notice the effects used in Steve's keynote today? Many were different, especially the "beam in effect" straight out of star trek, and the effect that took letters and numbers and rearranged them to make new words from words on the previous slide.

I think we're getting a look at the beta version of the newest version of Keynote.

Great address. Worth the wait.

Nothing looked new to me in the keynote software he was using.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #10 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by aps View Post

Does anyone know what the last song played (when people start leaving their seats) is ?

I think it was Forever Man by Eric Clapton.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #11 of 47
gotta wonder about apple.

This is an IPOD event.

Yet the posted video will not play on the Apple iPhone.

I thought apple would be really careful to enable iPhone support to help showcase their products.
post #12 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm3 View Post

gotta wonder about apple.

This is an IPOD event.

Yet the posted video will not play on the Apple iPhone.

I thought apple would be really careful to enable iPhone support to help showcase their products.

I think the last one was posted on iTunes a while after the event, maybe a few days after. I think. Maybe.
Emailing video from iPhone to Apple TV , sort of..
Emailing video from iPhone to Apple TV , sort of..
post #13 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I think it was Forever Man by Eric Clapton.

Unfortunately, its not. Does anyone know?
post #14 of 47
Quote:

Unfortunately, its not. Does anyone know?

'Layla'!
post #15 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai1999 View Post

'Layla'!

Just went back to listen again, it is Layla. I was pretty close for a 5 second listen an hour prior.
post #16 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai1999 View Post

'layla'!

it is !!!!
post #17 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshbj View Post

I think the last one was posted on iTunes a while after the event, maybe a few days after. I think. Maybe.

Most keynotes and special events are posted as video podcasts a few days later.
post #18 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Most keynotes and special events are posted as video podcasts a few days later.

They are getting faster...
http://www.macrumors.com/link/http:/...4&id=275834665
post #19 of 47
I've never seen Steve this unenthusiastic about a new product lineup. The words were coming out of his mouth, but it didn't really sound like he believed in what he was selling.
post #20 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex3917 View Post

I've never seen Steve this unenthusiastic about a new product lineup. The words were coming out of his mouth, but it didn't really sound like he believed in what he was selling.

Thats cos he has not reinvented the wheel. He knows it, I know it, you know it. No point in overplaying the products, else you end up with a cry wolf situation.

I feel it was a great upgrade, all in all. And steve was as upbeat as was warranted.
post #21 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Nothing looked new to me in the keynote software he was using.

No, the magical glowing sparkles effect is new. I use Keynote a lot.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Get the lowdown on the coming collapse:  http://www.cbo.gov/publication/45010

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #22 of 47
Quote:

I don't think it's that. His energy is still low. To me, he still looks unhealthy. The close-ups of his hand holding the nano actually shocked me.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #23 of 47
My one word review: Skeletor
post #24 of 47
ok, just as rumored, but we're still missing the biggest part viz. oppenheimer's "mystery product transition". anyone's got the skinny ? oh, do tell ...
post #25 of 47
Btw, some further analysis on today's 'Let's Rock' event can be found here:

65 Million Reasons to be bullish on Apple
http://thenetworkgarden.com/weblog/2...lion-reas.html

Quick net out is:
  1. We focused on tactical execution, not just big picture
  2. Apple is so dominant in music that number two is 'Others'
  3. I'm healthy

Check out the full post if interested.

Mark
post #26 of 47
"I think you're really going to like the Genius spam-bar errrr.. sidebar."
post #27 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstrosity View Post

Thats cos he has not reinvented the wheel. He knows it, I know it, you know it. No point in overplaying the products, else you end up with a cry wolf situation.

I feel it was a great upgrade, all in all. And steve was as upbeat as was warranted.

I concur.
post #28 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I don't think it's that. His energy is still low. To me, he still looks unhealthy. The close-ups of his hand holding the nano actually shocked me.

Don't look at his hands....obviously hes still thin. He was not going to buff up rambo style in 3 months thats just stupid.
Look at the face thats how you tell. He was definately healthier than he was at the last keynote.
post #29 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

And his voice sounded slightly raspy to me- also not a good sign - too dry. Again it could be distortion in the Quicktime audio-\
post #30 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonstopdesign View Post

My one word review: Skeletor

At least he dispelled rumours that he was the Crypt-Keeper.
post #31 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstrosity View Post

Therefore- no need for a presentation at all-which overplays what's offered and renders "cry wolf" for future products. Past iPod presentations will always be remembered for 1 great new item. What will this one be remembered for? The Genius SideBar?
post #32 of 47
Quote:

I seriously think he believed there was no need for a presentation and he only did it for the stockholders re: his health issues.
post #33 of 47
Quote:

have you people thought of using shazam?
post #34 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

I seriously think he believed there was no need for a presentation and he only did it for the stockholders re: his health issues.

Maybe with a lot of the HW changes, but the SW updates he clearly wanted to demonstrate.
post #35 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by federmoose View Post

have you people thought of using shazam?

Only when I need to get out of a tight situation.
post #36 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Maybe with a lot of the HW changes, but the SW updates he clearly wanted to demonstrate.

Are you serious? Did you see the look on his face as he presented the "Genius"? Well I guess I did notice the $$ signs in his eyes at that point.
post #37 of 47
I hope this isn't the "secret product transition " that was spoken of at the 2nd quarter conference call that was coming in " late September ".\
post #38 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjjones View Post

I hope this isn't the "secret product transition " that was spoken of at the 2nd quarter conference call that was coming in " late September ".\

Based on the information that is available, it does look like the notebook like will finally be refreshed with new cases. Just my guess, love to hear others.
post #39 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjjones View Post

Did they really say late September?

Also, since when is Sept 9 considered "late September"?
post #40 of 47
Was the secret product transition ever announced to be "late September?"

I thought it was just announced to happen before the end of the September quarter.
Prosecutors will be violated
Prosecutors will be violated
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple posts "Let's Rock" event QuickTime stream