or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › How low can McCain go?

How low can McCain go?

post #1 of 280
In Illinois, Barack Obama voted for a bill meant to add information on how to avoid sexual predators to existing, "age-appropriate" sex education curriculum. The idea is that they tell kids that if an adult tries to touch them inappropriately that they should tell another adult.

Well, McCain has a new ad trying to make it seem as if Barack Obama wants to teach little kids about sex.

The Obama campaign's hard and fair counter-attack:
Quote:
"It is shameful and downright perverse for the McCain campaign to use a bill that was written to protect young children from sexual predators as a recycled and discredited political attack against a father of two young girls - a position that his friend Mitt Romney also holds. Last week, John McCain told Time magazine he couldn't define what honor was. Now we know why."
proud resident of a failed state
post #2 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by groverat View Post

In Illinois, Barack Obama voted for a bill meant to add information on how to avoid sexual predators to existing, "age-appropriate" sex education curriculum. The idea is that they tell kids that if an adult tries to touch them inappropriately that they should tell another adult.

Well, McCain has a new ad trying to make it seem as if Barack Obama wants to teach little kids about sex.

Surely he will have a heart attack before the election right?
post #3 of 280
Nothing is too low for these people.

Success is the WH; doesn't matter if you have to lie, cheat and steal to get there.

The country doesn't matter (despite the sign in the horrible font). Winning does.

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #4 of 280
Republicans trying to scare people?

Again?

I used to be a republican until they started all the scare tactics. Now I am independent.

What I can't understand about John McCain is how he resorts to these tactics in his run for office. It is as if he has no faith that he can win if during the convention they don't mention his life story and bio over and over, speaker after speaker.... same story over and over....

Then Cindy McCain is giving her speech at the convention and mentions her father and how he did not make a big deal of his service... I could not help but soak in the irony of that statement.....

Contrasting it with the overplaying of John McCain's service during the ENTIRE republican convention.

And now to scare people about Obama with this ad....

This ad??????

How freaking pathetic and just plain sad...

Why am I not surprised ?

Fellows
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
post #5 of 280
Another little tidbit:
McCain supports to charge private pilots to talk to towers. Like phonecalls I guess. Out of all the things I've heard this must be one of the weirdest ideas. Obviously it will minimize the information exchange between towers and small planes. ooops didn't see that one coming. ooops boom.

AOPA

This could also make it more expensive to shoot grey wolves from airplanes. But I am sure Palin will up the reward to $ 200.- / dead Alaskan wolve.

21st century mankind is disgusting. Please meteor come now!
post #6 of 280
McCain has succeeded in destroying the American presidency without ever actually taking office.

post #7 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

McCain has succeeded in destroying the American presidency without ever actually taking office.

The presidency was destroyed a long time ago. We need someone who can restore it. And McCain that someone ain't.
post #8 of 280
Should I have said he has succeeded in making it worse?

Nicely put:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bob-ce..._b_125430.html

post #9 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamac View Post

Obviously it will minimize the information exchange between towers and small planes.

wait... you mean taxation affects behaviour? Incredible.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #10 of 280
Pretzel Logic (Pro version?)

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/...cain_campaign/

The media is starting to hit McCain for his childish behavior. They need to smash hard, because obviously he thinks nobody matters.

post #11 of 280
Quote:

Pretzel Logic (Pro version?)

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/...cain_campaign/

The media is starting to hit McCain for his childish behavior. They need to smash hard, because obviously he thinks nobody matters.

Notice the last word in that article?

"Trumpery"

post #12 of 280

Ok. That was funny. "Trumpery".

I wonder which lie w.acko Palin will drop from her memorized speeches first.
post #13 of 280
Why are not more of the sheep worried about what is happening here? We have yet to see the real Sara Palin.

Would the real Sara Palin please stand up!
Not that I want to meet her, but at least see her once instead of the projected image we currently have.

The office of the vice president of the US has been reduced to a talking parrot and many people don't seem to care. They are too caught up in the fashion of the moment.

(What was that TV show? God I'm feeling old.)

post #14 of 280
Quote:

Why are not more of the sheep worried about what is happening here? We have yet to see the real Sara Palin.

Would the real Sara Palin please stand up!
Not that I want to meet her, but at least see her once instead of the projected image we currently have.

(What was that TV show? God I'm feeling old.)

You don't have to feel old. Just blame the quote on Eminem and you're set.

But what you've said is true. That's why I mentioned the debates. I doubt we'll see the real Sarah before them, and I suspect the Repubs will devise a way to get her out of the possibility of facing tough, unvetted questions, even within the debate environment. I just don't know how they're going to justify it,
post #15 of 280
That McCain ad was pure crap. Out of context. Unfair. Surely McCain can do better than this, considering his opponent.

How pathetic, Senator. You need to pull this ad and fire whoever came up with it.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #16 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

That McCain ad was pure crap. Out of context. Unfair. Surely McCain can do better than this, considering his opponent.

How pathetic, Senator. You need to pull this ad and fire whoever came up with it.

What if he did?

Or what if he saw it and approved it?

Now that it is out and is a problem, why hasn't he pulled it?

post #17 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

You don't have to feel old. Just blame the quote on Eminem and you're set.

Thanks!

I still would like to know which TV show it was...

post #18 of 280
Quote:

What if he did?

OK, so he does. He should.

Quote:
Or what if he saw it and approved it?

Then he deserves the heat, along with his handlers.

Quote:
Now that it is out and is a problem, why hasn't he pulled it?

That's an excellent question for the McCain campaign. I, for one, would love to know WTF they were thinking.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #19 of 280
Quote:

Thanks!

I still would like to know which TV show it was...

To Tell The Truth
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #20 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post

To Tell The Truth

That's it. Grew up with the 2nd series.

How soon does McCain need to act on his improper ad(s)(I think there are several, others may differ) before he actually starts hurting himself?

Isn't he, as of late, running for change? Why then does he play the same game as in the past?

post #21 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by groverat View Post

Like I've said they're desperate. It's all about winning now. Never mind what's good for the country or ethical.

In this case it's not about the journey. It's about the destination. After all the Neocons already lost what honor they had now they're about to lose their grip on Washington DC.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #22 of 280
[CENTER]
My name is Barack Obama............................................. .........................My name is Barack Obama............................................. .........................My name is Barack Obama[/CENTER]
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
post #23 of 280
What? No American flag pin?

To paraphrase from some GOP attacks on Obama:

He doesn't love his country...

post #24 of 280
Yet another McCain ad that lies:

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/310/story/52363.html

Do we want this monster in the WH?

Yes, he has elevated himself to monster status through his willingness to outright lie to the American people.

post #25 of 280
Monster? No.

Inept liar? Yes.
post #26 of 280
post #27 of 280
Quote:

Yet another McCain ad that lies:

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/310/story/52363.html

Do we want this monster in the WH?

Yes, he has elevated himself to monster status through his willingness to outright lie to the American people.

Apparently some here do.

Tell enough stories and repeat the basics enough to bolster the basics of said stories, and it'll stick.

Self interest is a big factor in being blind to lies, mistruth.
post #28 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

Shoulda added, rinse and repeat.
post #29 of 280
McCain does it again: another ad that really stretches it and adds a racial element.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/fac...onnection.html

Please keep this man and his camp away from the White House.

post #30 of 280
Quote:

McCain does it again: another ad that really stretches it and ads a racial element.

And why shouldn't he employ desperate measures? He's desperate!

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #31 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Well, he did say that if Obama would've simply agreed to town hall style debates of his choosing in a format that favors himself on a schedule his campaigns agrees to then he wouldn't have had to resort to negative advertising. How could Obama refuse?

That logic makes sense to you, right?

Oh, dear lord. How do we get off this crazy train?
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #32 of 280
Frightening to imagine how this logic would be implemented if this kindergarten gang ever got elected.

post #33 of 280
Quote:

Frightening to imagine how this logic would be implemented if this kindergarten gang ever got elected.

Yup, Obama gave him no choice but dishonor himself by resorting to becoming an outright liar. Kinda like Pallin complaining that Democrats are "mean". I'm sure they are. But have you ever met a Republican?
post #34 of 280
McCain wanted to make the healthcare system more like the.... banking system.

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/200...ng-and-health/

post #35 of 280
Quote:

Healthcare? In this country? Are you insane? We can't afford that. Yes, yes, I know we've got a spare Trillion lying around so we can bail everyone out (except the people). And yes, I recognize we're spending over $120B a year in Iraq. But that stuff's important.

But healthcare? Come on. SCHIP? Get outta here!!!
post #36 of 280
Quote:

I'd go for that. Especially since McCain is such an expert on banking... well, Savings and Loan.
post #37 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akumulator View Post

I'd go for that. Especially since McCain is such an expert on banking... well, Savings and Loan.

I thought Republicans decided that the Keating 5 was out of bounds?
post #38 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Really desperate.

Just watch him talk about the economy. Totally clueless. Totally senile.

When he reads the daily talking points, he sounds as if he's reading someone else's material.

He clearly doesn't know what he's talking about, the words are said without an understanding of what those words really mean.

He looks like a robot with that canned delivery.

This guy isn't an empty suit, he's an empty tin can of soup.
post #39 of 280
Quote:

McCain does it again: another ad that really stretches it and adds a racial element.

You kinda skipped the ad where Obama tried to hang a racist misquote from Limbaugh on McCain. Talk about a lie?

McCain, Obama Mislead on Immigration

Quote:
In the meantime, the Obama campaign has also put out a television ad
accusing McCain of "lying" to win Latino votes while supporting hardline Republican policies on immigration and other matters. The advertisement attempts to link McCain to the conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh, who appears on screen along with quotes like "Shut your mouth or get out."

As several bloggers have pointed out, here and here, the Limbaugh quotes have been taken out of context. The attempt to link McCain to Limbaugh is also unfair, given the fact that the radio host has frequently criticized McCain, particularly on the issue of immigration reform.

Of course in a pro-obama WaPo blog it's burred at the end of the page with no fancy you tube link. Go figure.

Oh that Obama can go oh so low.
post #40 of 280
Well, fivethirtyeight has Obama back on top big-time, winning 70+% of the time:

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/searc...ay%27s%20polls

There was also a poll out that says some Dems are not voting for Obama based on racial attitudes. One would hope the country had gotten past this...

McCain, who once tried overhauling the campaign funding program, now is trying to stretch the limits and tweak as much money out of it as he can:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/20/us...=1&oref=slogin

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › How low can McCain go?