or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › How low can McCain go?

How low can McCain go? - Page 7

post #241 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

...again...

That's a slander! How far will the Tanker Media go to elect Barack!

I was watching Meet the Press and they were doing the flying electoral map graphic. They had "VA" on North Carolina. Fire the graphics guy!
post #242 of 280
McCain is on Larry King tonight. Remember he cancelled once because his robot Tucker Bounds couldn't answer a simple question posed by Campbell Brown and looked like an utter moron (not just the one time, but ...), so our candidate for POTUS reacted very presidential and cancelled his appearance on King.

I hope Larry rips into him about the absurdity and childish behavior of the campaign and asks if he were elected president, would he behave any differently than he has to date.

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #243 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

That's a slander! How far will the Tanker Media go to elect Barack!

I was watching Meet the Press and they were doing the flying electoral map graphic. They had "VA" on North Carolina. Fire the graphics guy!

I would normally agree with you. HOWEVER, Fox has a huge history of doing this. Particularly with the Republican's caught in scandal. They also have a problem with consistently saying "Osama" under images of Obama. Coincidence? Bad graphics department. Too many examples of incompetence?

I report. You decide.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #244 of 280
post #245 of 280
The consistency is amazing.

post #246 of 280
They did the same with that bathroom stall dude, Larry Craig. I can't seem to find a graphic of it right now.
post #247 of 280
post #248 of 280
Playing to the dumb fucks.

Someone find out who the onscreen graphics guy is.

Get him on stage with Palin.
post #249 of 280
Didn't these guys get the memo? They're supposed to be IN THE TANK™!!!
post #250 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

Didn't these guys get the memo? They're supposed to be IN THE TANK!!!

Now this really is slander!

I wonder if they'll state a retraction?
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #251 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

I would normally agree with you. HOWEVER, Fox has a huge history of doing this. Particularly with the Republican's caught in scandal. They also have a problem with consistently saying "Osama" under images of Obama. Coincidence? Bad graphics department. Too many examples of incompetence?

I report. You decide.

You know it's interesting because the spell checker in a version of MS Office will auto correct Obama to Osama. That's how that florida absentee ballot got sent out with "Barack Osama" on it.
post #252 of 280
Quote:

You know it's interesting because the spell checker in a version of MS Office will auto correct Obama to Osama. That's how that florida absentee ballot got sent out with "Barack Osama" on it.

That's understandable.
post #253 of 280
Quote:

They use Office for onscreen graphics?

Right, on my Mac's spell checker it thinks it should be Abeam.

You really got to fess up that fuckups on Fox's scale should really make triple checking a must, unless of course.....
post #254 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by screener View Post

They use Office for onscreen graphics?

Right, on my Mac's spell checker it thinks it should be Abeam.

You really got to fess up that fuckups on Fox's scale should really make triple checking a must, unless of course.....

I have no idea. Do you have a comprehensive survey of fucked up graphics that proves that Fox is worse than any other. The "d" and the "r" are close on my keyboard. It's not like they faked an ROTC memo and tried to pass it off as real.

For sure though Fox should strive to be error free like any news source.
post #255 of 280
Quote:

I have no idea. Do you have a comprehensive survey of fucked up graphics that proves that Fox is worse than any other. The "d" and the "r" are close on my keyboard. It's not like they faked an ROTC memo and tried to pass it off as real.

The placement of the letter keys are all the same, R is on a different row than D don'tcha know.

Of course graphics get messed up occasionally, but Fox is in it's own league and if you ever watch their morning show you'll see who's really in the tank.

What a joke that is.
post #256 of 280
Quote:

For a message board, OK, but for any serious matter, a human has to be the final checker on a document for this very reason, and thus in my opinion this is just an excuse. Osama is now out there, in people's minds, once again, but responsibility, well, it's the computer's fault.

post #257 of 280
Quote:

I have complained about CNN... Their online site is horrible: riddled with grammatical errors, word omissions, etc., but they do not have the consistency of mixing their D's and R's as do the people over at Fox, and they would never try to explain it away as the keys are very close together. Next we will have to discuss the typist's hand size (I can palm a basketball easily and I have never confused the D and the R, even on a Timex Sinclair 1000) and their typing habits (1, 2, 3, 30 fingers and a toe).

post #258 of 280
Cheney endorsed McCain.

Probably not the endorsement he wanted, but Palin sees it as coming from her mentor in the VP spot...

post #259 of 280
Quote:

... provide a bone fide link. \

The PC spell checker over in this here parts flags both O's.

obama osama florida absentee ballot "florida"

NY yes, FL no. And no one in NY is going to be confused by the name Barack Osama. But FL? Land of Crackers. Not so sure.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
post #260 of 280
Quote:

This is pathetic. Who really cares?

I have a PC with Office 2007 on it. Guess what Obama comes out as?

Obama. And it doesn't need spell checking!

I wonder what it'll say if you play one of McSame's speeches backwards!
post #261 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

This is pathetic. Who really cares?

I have a PC with Office 2007 on it. Guess what Obama comes out as?

Obama. And it doesn't need spell checking!

I wonder what it'll say if you play one of McSame's speeches backwards!

I am the devil, my fiends.

Vote for me and you all will be ... my fellow prisoners.
post #262 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

A real Dick endorses McCain.

Probably not the endorsement he wanted, but Palin sees it as coming from her mentor in the VP spot...

tftfy

The final nail has finally been driven into the McCain coffin.

post #263 of 280
[CENTER]

[/CENTER]
post #264 of 280
The New Republic has some new info about the Keating 5 incident, and, if true, McCain comes out looking a little worse than before...

http://www.tnr.com/politics/story.ht...0-c76414c3c9da

post #265 of 280
Quote:

The New Republic has some new info about the Keating 5 incident, and, if true, McCain comes out looking a little worse than before...

http://www.tnr.com/politics/story.ht...0-c76414c3c9da

[Obamaspeak]This is just a distraction[/Obamaspeak]
post #266 of 280
Quote:

[McCainsqueak]This is just a distraction[/McCainsqueak]

tftfy
post #267 of 280
Quote:

[Obamaspeak]This is just a distraction[/Obamaspeak]

HAHAHAHAHAHA! MOCKERY! That's just what conservatives need to do more of.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #268 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

That's understandable.

Is it? My wife works in publishing, and everything these days is proof read. Children's books, magazines, URLs on poster boards... and you can bet your left testicle that ballot papers/displays are as well. But obviously, it was a mistake, because more than likely the interface was written in Word and then dropped into the code without being checked.

Perfectly understandable...

Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others.
15" Matte MacBook Pro: 2.66Ghz i7, 8GB RAM, GT330m 512MB, 512GB SSD

iPhone 5 Black 32GB

iPad 3rd Generation, 32GB

Mac Mini Core2Duo 2.26ghz,...

iPhone 5 Black 32GB

post #269 of 280
I wonder if a McCain supporter could be bothered to read the article and respond to it.

In the vain of the Rolling Stone article of several weeks back (certainly not a distraction), McCain is certainly not who we have been led to believe, but then his actions of late have erased all of that anyway.

post #270 of 280
Quote:

I wonder if a McCain supporter could be bothered to read the article and respond to it.

In the vain of the Rolling Stone article of several weeks back (certainly not a distraction), McCain is certainly not who we have been led to believe, but then his actions of late have erased all of that anyway.

This election is more about the consciousness or otherwise of the American people. I sure hope they're awake on Tuesday...

iPhone 5 Black 32GB

iPhone 5 Black 32GB

post #271 of 280
... McCain supporters will do anything, and I mean anything, to see to it that their man wins.

Racism. Check.

Onslaught of dirty tricks as election day nears

Quote:
Dirty tricks increase as Election Day nears
In the final hours of the campaign, bogus fliers, e-mails and calls increase
The Associated Press
updated 11:04 p.m. CT, Sun., Nov. 2, 2008

In the hours before Election Day, as inevitable as winter, comes an onslaught of dirty tricks confusing e-mails, disturbing phone calls and insinuating fliers left on doorsteps during the night.

The intent, almost always, is to keep folks from voting or to confuse them, usually through intimidation or misinformation. But in this presidential race, in which a black man leads most polls, some of the deceit has a decidedly racist bent.

Complaints have surfaced in predominantly African-American neighborhoods of Philadelphia where fliers have circulated, warning voters they could be arrested at the polls if they had unpaid parking tickets or if they had criminal convictions.

Over the weekend in Virginia, bogus fliers with an authentic-looking commonwealth seal said fears of high voter turnout had prompted election officials to hold two elections one on Tuesday for Republicans and another on Wednesday for Democrats.

In New Mexico, two Hispanic women filed a lawsuit last week claiming they were harassed by a private investigator working for a Republican lawyer who came to their homes and threatened to call immigration authorities, even though they are U.S. citizens.

"He was questioning her status, saying that he needed to see her papers and documents to show that she was a U.S. citizen and was a legitimate voter," said Guadalupe Bojorquez, speaking on behalf of her mother, Dora Escobedo, a 67-year-old Albuquerque resident who speaks only Spanish. "He totally, totally scared the heck out of her."

In Pennsylvania, e-mails appeared linking Democrat Barack Obama to the Holocaust. "Jewish Americans cannot afford to make the wrong decision on Tuesday, Nov. 4," said the electronic message, paid for by an entity calling itself the Republican Federal Committee. "Many of our ancestors ignored the warning signs in the 1930s and 1940s and made a tragic mistake."

Voter suppression efforts
Laughlin McDonald, who leads the ACLU's Voting Rights Project, said he has never seen "an election where there was more interest and more voter turnout, and more efforts to suppress registration and turnout. And that has a real impact on minorities."

The Obama campaign and civil rights advocacy groups have signed up millions of new voters for this presidential race. In Ohio alone, some 600,000 have submitted new voter registration cards.

Across the country, many of these first-time voters are young and strong Obama supporters. Many are also black and Hispanic.

Activist groups say it is this fresh crop of ballot-minded citizens that makes some Republicans very nervous. And they say they expect the dirty tricks to get dirtier in final hours before Tuesday.

"Oh, there's plenty of time for things to get ugly," said Zachary Stalberg, president of The Committee of Seventy, a Philadelphia-based government watchdog group that is nonpartisan.

Other reports of intimidation efforts in the hotly contested state of Pennsylvania include leaflets taped to picnic benches at Drexel University, warning students that police would be at the polls on Tuesday to arrest would-be voters with prior criminal offenses.

In his Jewish neighborhood, Stalberg said, fliers were recently left claiming Obama was more sympathetic to Palestinians than to Israel, and showed a photograph of him speaking in Germany.

"It shows up between the screen door and the front door in the middle of the night," Stalberg said. "Why couldn't someone knock on the door and hand that to me in the middle of the day? In a sense, it's very smartly done. The message gets through. It's done carefully enough that people might read it."

Such tactics are common, and are often impossible to trace. Robo-calls, in which automated, bogus phone messages are sent over and over, are very hard to trace to their source, say voting advocates. E-mails fall into the same category.

In Nevada, for example, Latino voters said they had received calls from people describing themselves as Obama volunteers, urging them to cast their ballot over the phone.

The calls were reported to Election Protection, a nonprofit advocacy group that runs a hot line for election troubles. The organization does not know who orchestrated them.

"The Voting Rights Act makes it a crime to misled and intimidate voters," said McDonald. "If you can find out who's doing it, those people should be prosecuted. But sometimes it's just difficult to know who's doing what. Some of it's just anonymous."

'Happens all the time'
Trying to mislead voters is nothing new.

"We see this every year," said Jonah Goldman of the advocacy group Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law. "It all happens around this time when there's too much other stuff going on in the campaigns, and it doesn't get investigated."

In 2006, automated phone calls in the final days leading to the federal election wrongly warned voters they would not be allowed to vote without a photo ID. In Colorado and Virginia, people reported receiving calls that told them their registrations had expired and they would be arrested if they showed up to vote.

The White House contest of 2004 was marked by similar deceptions. In Milwaukee, fliers went up advising people "if you've already voted in any election this year, you can't vote in the presidential election." In Pennsylvania, a letter bearing what appeared to be the McCandless Township seal falsely proclaimed that in order to cut long voting lines, Republicans would cast ballots on Nov. 2 and Democrats would vote on Nov. 3.

E-mail assaults have become increasingly popular this year, keeping pace with the proliferation of blogging and Obama's massive online campaign efforts, according to voting activists.

"It is newer and more furious than it ever has been before," Goldman said.
And Republicans are not exempt. "Part of it is that election campaigns are more online than ever before," said Goldman. "During the primaries, a lot of Web sites went up that seemed to be for (GOP candidate Rudy) Giuliani, but actually were attack sites."

New York City's former mayor and his high-profile colleagues Fred Thompson and Mitt Romney were also targeted in fake Internet sites that featured "quotes" from the candidates espousing support for extreme positions they never endorsed.

Voter suppression from the rightwingextremenutjob Republicans is now an official pandemic and orders of magnitude worse than anything that the ACORN surrogates or a handful of Obama supporters have ever done.

Vote early, vote often.
post #272 of 280
post #273 of 280
... and Obama taking a bath?

Obama's the one with hope in his soul. Ba dum dum.

Tomorrow, McCain will take such a bath as has never ever been seen before.

Obama's going to shove that bar of soap so far up McCain's hole that Mac the Sad Sack is going to look like Lawrence Welk's bubble machine.

Mac is back? Nah, more like ... Mac the Sad Sack.

ROTFLMFAO!
post #274 of 280
Which John McCain will return to the Senate?

The former, nice one, or the new low one?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/09/wa...l?ref=politics

post #275 of 280
Quote:

Which John McCain will return to the Senate?

The former, nice one, or the new low one?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/09/wa...l?ref=politics

I hope he does. I think he was humbled by this defeat. And aware that his choice of campaign staff, Karl Rove and that ever regrettable choice of vice presidential candidate was wrong and led him into that path of campaign destruction.

I never believed all of his decisions on the floor, nor did I go along with his support of Bush all these years. But the course has changed and he has been able to adapt well with that.

He's a fighter, I can tell you that. He'll pick up his ass and be there, at least for another two years.
post #276 of 280
John McCain has spent a great deal of time thinking that Obama does not deserve to be on the same stage as him. I have no reason to think that he has changed his mind because he gave a concession speech after losing in a landslide.
post #277 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

John McCain has spent a great deal of time thinking that Obama does not deserve to be on the same stage as him. I have no reason to think that he has changed his mind because he gave a concession speech after losing in a landslide.

Landslide? A 6 point difference means that if only 3% changed from Obama to McCain it would be even. Not very landslide-ish.
post #278 of 280
Quote:

Well actually the D & the R are transposed when you switch between the USA and Armenian keyboards.

or

In dim light it is easy to miss the small diagonal stroke on the R which could easily be confused with the letter D.

or

My dog ate my keyboard.
post #279 of 280
Quote:
Landslide? A 6 point difference means that if only 3% changed from Obama to McCain it would be even. Not very landslide-ish.

6 points is a landslide.
proud resident of a failed state
proud resident of a failed state
post #280 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by groverat View Post

6 points is a landslide.

And for all the lame spinning the flailing right is doing, they continue to ignore all the bad news for them embedded in the particulars of Obama's win.

Demographics, geography, trends, and polling of national opinions all bespeak big problems ahead for the Republicans.

And it seems like 8 years of a steady diet of Fox, Bush worship, talk radio and vitriol have left them with nothing in their head but more of the belligerent anger that played so poorly this time.

They've been talking to themselves so long, and in such a triumphal, self congratulatory manner, that they can't seem to figure out that none of it works anymore.

Dear Republicans: "we" doesn't mean what you think it does, when "we" talk about "Americans." The "we" that you are is a shrinking minority, and the rest of us don't much cotton to being lectured by angry fools.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › How low can McCain go?