or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › How low can McCain go?

How low can McCain go? - Page 3

post #81 of 280
Talk about playing the race card...

Florida congressman points to Palin to rally Jews to Obama

Quote:
From CNN Associate Producer Martina Stewart

(CNN) Rep. Alcee Hastings told an audience of Jewish Democrats Wednesday that they should be wary of Republican VP nominee Sarah Palin because anybody toting guns and stripping moose dont care too much about what they do with Jews and blacks.

If Sarah Palin isnt enough of a reason for you to get over whatever your problem is with Barack Obama, then you damn well had better pay attention, Rep. Alcee Hastings of Florida said at a panel about the shared agenda of Jewish and African-American Democrats Wednesday. Hastings, who is African-American, was explaining what he intended to tell his Jewish constituents about the presidential race. Anybody toting guns and stripping moose dont care too much about what they do with Jews and blacks. So, you just think this through, Hastings added as the room erupted in laughter and applause.

I guess that's just "speaking truth to power" or whatever?
post #82 of 280
It's gets better. "Jesus is one of us".

Quote:
Cohen, who recently remarked that Jesus Christ was a community organizer, took his comments about the founder of the Christian faith further Wednesday. A lot of what Jesus talks about is wonderful, Cohen said. Talks about helping people and lifting them up and caring about people who are sick and all those things. Hes a great Democrat.
post #83 of 280
That's just awful!
post #84 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Who called him a "black boy"? Not a republican.

A person who grew up in and around blacks?

Yup.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
post #85 of 280
Quote:

Jubelum.

Give it a rest.
post #86 of 280
Quote:

He didn't call him a black boy. He said he was once a black boy who grew up to be a world leader.

There is a vast difference. We've been through this.
post #87 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post

And just who called him "clean" and "articulate"?

So that excuses bad Republican behavior? Nice.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #88 of 280
So let me get this straight. These Republicans know they're playing the race card as much as possible and as subliminal as possible and this is all they've got to excuse their behavior?

Wow.
post #89 of 280
Quote:

I guess that's just "speaking truth to power" or whatever?

Is this your idea of speaking truth to power...

"Black Ruled Nations most unstable and violent in the world. The United States of America will be next! Why should we seal our fate by allowing a black ruler to destroy us?"
post #90 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

"Black Ruled Nations most unstable and violent in the world. The United States of America will be next! Why should we seal our fate by allowing a black ruler to destroy us?"

Come on, even I know that you can't blame the Republicans en masse for the actions of a fringe group of admitted racists.
post #91 of 280
Quote:

Who are you quoting? Someone in the republican party speaking at an event to voters?
post #92 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Come on, even I know that you can't blame the Republicans en masse for the actions of a fringe group of admitted racists.

Imagine, just imagine, if Obama had a fringe group sending out flyers that was of the equivelent? Imagine the uproar the Profession Outrage Machine would generate with such damning evidence. Imagine how the TradMed would pump this story with so much oxygen that we'd be talking about Obama's _______ Problem for the next 10 news cycles.

It's precisely because Democrats refuse to pounce on shit like this that they lose, lose, lose. The high road leads NOWHERE! Republicans have understood this for decades. They can't govern for shit, but they can win elections like no other. They'd use this flyer in a heartbeat and they'd stomp their fists, and CRY CRY CRY for days until the TradMed picked it up.

Of this I'm absolutely certain.
post #93 of 280
Quote:

Please stop being so obtuse. It's insulting.

Not to mention that he should be permanently banned for going around the forum rules, just like MarcUK was.
post #94 of 280
Quote:

Please stop being so obtuse. It's insulting.

No really. Who are you quoting?

Rep Hastings is a congressman and a member in good standing with the democratic party. He's using race and religion to scare people so they wont vote for McCain. Based on nothing more than Palin hunts a mooses.

Who are you quoting again?
post #95 of 280
Quote:

Rep Hastings is a congressman and a member in good standing with the democratic party. He's using race and religion to scare people so they wont vote for McCain. Based on nothing more than Palin hunts a mooses.

Scaring people into not voting for Palin because she promotes shooting wolves with helicopters is NOT THE SAME THING as constantly reminding voters that Obama is a scary nigger. Period.
post #96 of 280
Quote:

This. I think.
post #97 of 280
post #98 of 280
You gotta love it. Colbert and Stewart were great at mocking Bush in '04. Yeah...that didn't help then either.
post #99 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Not to mention that he should be permanently banned for going around the forum rules, just like MarcUK was.

Well, now he's trying to get me banned by reporting me to the mods. They can dish it out but they can't take it.
post #100 of 280
Quote:

Scaring people into not voting for Palin because she promotes shooting wolves with helicopters is NOT THE SAME THING as constantly reminding voters that Obama is a scary nigger. Period.

You miss on two points. I'll explain. What Hastings is saying is that a white woman (race card) that is a hunter (joe 6 pack card) would look the other way when an african american or a Jew were killed because, you know, those white people are all the same, hateful bigots that don't care about what happens to you. This is coming form an elected democrat in the house of rep's. This was said at an organized event.

Contrast that with the statements of some random hate group that is not affiliated with any legitimate political party; certainly not the republicans.

What was your point? Do you still have one?
post #101 of 280
Quote:

You miss on two points. I'll explain. What Hastings is saying is that a white woman (race card) that is a hunter (joe 6 pack card) would look the other way when an african american or a Jew were killed because, you know, those white people are all the same, hateful bigots that don't care about what happens to you. This is coming form an elected democrat in the house of rep's. This was said at an organized event.

Contrast that with the statements of some random hate group that is not affiliated with any legitimate political party; certainly not the republicans.

I've made many points. You've chosen to ignore them. I can't force you to address them and answer for them.

Maybe I can say something "mean" and you can continue to report me to mods.
post #102 of 280
Quote:

I've made many points. You've chosen to ignore them. I can't force you to address them and answer for them.

Maybe I can say something "mean" and you can continue to report me to mods.

You've pointless points. A major democratic leader says Palin will look the other way, 'cause she's a racist (because she's white and a hunter), when it comes to the plight of african americans and jews. You counter that with some statements from a random tiny hate group.

Those two things are not equal.
post #103 of 280
Funny that you ignored all the points I made a page or so back. But whatev.
post #104 of 280
Quote:

You've pointless points. A major democratic leader says Palin will look the other way, 'cause she's a racist (because she's white and a hunter), when it comes to the plight of african americans and jews. You counter that with some statements from a random tiny hate group.

Those two things are not equal.

Except that's not what he said.

It's your own characterization of what someone else actually said.

post #105 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

Except that's not what he said.

It's your own characterization of what someone else actually said.

No no no no ...

Northgate equated the racist hateful statements of Hastings, which he recast as "Scaring people into not voting for Palin because she promotes shooting wolves with helicopters", to 25 fliers from a fringe hate group.

Where am I going wrong?
post #106 of 280
Quote:

In what sense is suggesting gun toting moose hunters might not care about the problems of blacks and jews "racist"?

The "white people are all the same, hateful bigots" thing is just something you made up. Do we get to do that now?

The next time anyone on the right says anything negative about Obama do I get to append my own imagined "because he's a nigger", then carry on about the hate?

Cool! Republicans are fucking racist sacks of shit because every time they say "Obama" they're thinking "nigger." How more racist can you get?
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #107 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

In what sense is suggesting gun toting moose hunters might not care about the problems of blacks and jews "racist"?

The "white people are all the same, hateful bigots" thing is just something you made up. Do we get to do that now?

The next time anyone on the right says anything negative about Obama do I get to append my own imagined "because he's a nigger", then carry on about the hate?

Cool! Republicans are fucking racist sacks of shit because every time they say "Obama" they're thinking "nigger." How more racist can you get?

Break it down for me will ya. What did Hastings mean, in your estimation, when he said "don’t care too much about what they do with Jews and blacks".

Who is "they" and what "do" are they doing? You know the mixture of imagery of guns and butchering animals in the context of doing something to people on the basis of race and religion is rather shocking.
post #108 of 280
Quote:
Harsh Republican Party in-fighting sidetracked the Bush administrations $700 billion plan to bail out the battered financial services industry, and its uncertain how many GOP lawmakers will even take part in Fridays resumption of closed-door negotiations in Congress.

Even for a party whose president suffers dismal approval ratings, whose legislative wing lost control of Congress and whose presidential nominee trails in the polls, Thursday was a remarkably bad day for Republicans.

A White House summit meeting called principally with the purpose to seal the deal that President Bush has argued is indispensable to stabilizing frenzied markets and reassuring the nervous American public descended into arguments mostly among Republicans.

The meeting revealed that Bushs proposal to combat the worst financial crisis in decades had been suddenly sidetracked by fellow Republicans in the House, who refused to embrace a plan that appeared close to acceptance by the Senate and most House Democrats.

Quote:
This is the presidents own party, said Rep. Barney Frank, a top Democratic negotiator who attended both meetings. I dont think a president has been repudiated so strongly by the congressional wing of his own party in a long time.

By midnight, it was hard to tell who had suffered a worse evening, Bush or McCain. McCain, eager to shore up his image as a leader who rises above partisanship, was undercut by a fierce political squabble within his own partys ranks.

The consequences could be worse for Bush, and for millions of Americans if the impasse sends financial markets tumbling, as some officials fear. Although talks were resuming Friday, it wasnt clear how many House Republicans would participate.

Republicans and Democrats alike seemed unsure which way McCain was leaning. His campaigns statement late Thursday shed little light.

At this moment, the plan that has been put forth by the administration does not enjoy the confidence of the American people, it said. It was unclear whether McCain would attend Friday nights scheduled debate against Democratic nominee Barack Obama in Oxford, Miss.

Quote:
At one point in the White House meeting, according to two officials, McCain voiced support for Ryans criticisms of the administrations proposal. Frank, a gruff Massachusetts liberal, angrily demanded to know what plan McCain favored.

These officials also said that as tempers flared, Bush struggled at times to maintain control.

At one point, several minutes into the session, Obama said it was time to hear from McCain. According to a Republican who was there, all he said was, I support the principles that House Republicans are fighting for.

Some at the table took that to mean the conservatives alternative proposal, which stands little chance of passage.

post #109 of 280
Quote:

Break it down for me will ya. What did Hastings mean, in your estimation, when he said "don’t care too much about what they do with Jews and blacks".

Who is "they" and what "do" are they doing? You know the mixture of imagery of guns and butchering animals in the context of doing something to people on the basis of race and religion is rather shocking.

That Palin, et. al. only care about their own survival, much more so then they do the survival of historically oppressed minorities.
post #110 of 280
And I thought living under Bush was bizarro world...

Quote:
KATIE COURIC: And, Bob, I understand that John McCain actually floated an alternative plan. What can you tell us about that?

BOB ORR: We're told at the White House Senator McCain offered an alternative plan that would include fewer regulations and more corporate tax breaks for businesses, kind of a private solution. But we're also told those ideas angered and surprised Democrats like banking chairman Chris Dodd who now says he thinks the White House summit was more of a political stunt for McCain.
post #111 of 280
Quote:

McCain's "How Low Can I Really Go" Political Theater.
post #112 of 280
This whole charade is looking like the behavior of an old prankster who knows he is at the end of his road and is just trying to pull off one last biggie before calling it quits for good.

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

post #113 of 280
Quote:

Break it down for me will ya. What did Hastings mean, in your estimation, when he said "dont care too much about what they do with Jews and blacks".

Right. So when anyone on the right talks about how "liberals" "don't get" "traditional values" or "small town" "traditions" or "normal" "Americans" we can assume they are in fact saying that urban niggers hate white people. Well, them and their fag and jew enablers.

Right?
post #114 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Right. So when anyone on the right talks about how "liberals" "don't get" "traditional values" or "small town" "traditions" or "normal" "Americans" we can assume they are in fact saying that urban niggers hate white people. Well, them and their fag and jew enablers.

Right?

If I could understand what you posted I'd probably say "wrong".
post #115 of 280
If race bothers you so much just vote for Obamas white half. Is it the left half or the right half?
post #116 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post

If race bothers you so much just vote for Obamas white half. Is it the left half or the right half?

But then there's that Muslim thing to address.
post #117 of 280
Quote:

If I could understand what you posted I'd probably say "wrong".

It's simple. When we're told that "they" don't care about hard working small town Americans, it's clear that by "they" we mean "the elites of the Democratic Party and the minorities that help them win elections" and by "hard working small town Americans" we mean "white people."

When, specifically, we're told that Obama doesn't "get" "normal Americans" (and we are indeed told this, by the right, a lot) it's clear that that's simply short hand for "the black guy doesn't care about white people."

Right? I mean, by the Floorjack principle of getting to intuit broad intent to indefinite pronouns.
post #118 of 280
... himself the winner, before he even debates himself.

[CENTER]
The Jerk versus Barack Obama
[/CENTER]
post #119 of 280
Quote:

... himself the winner, before he even debates himself.

[CENTER]
The Jerk versus Barack Obama
[/CENTER]

Hilarious!!!!
post #120 of 280
Quote:

McCain will go so low as to debate himself and declare himself the winner, before he even debates himself.

eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › How low can McCain go?