or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Here’s five reasons why, from a Conservative Prospective, Palin is not a good choice

Here’s five reasons why, from a Conservative Prospective, Palin is not a good choice - Page 2

post #41 of 55
Notice how the argument has changed. It's no longer about which politician shows integrity, responsibility, and aptitude in both private and public life, it's about which politician is less incompetent, irresponsible, and unskilled.

Here's a thought: there are more than 2 political parties in this country. Go find one that most closely represents you and has a candidate you can support both politically and ethically, then vote for their candidate.

Abraham Lincoln was a 3rd Party Candidate!

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #42 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

It is quite ridiculous, isn't it? There is such a blatantly obvious double standard in play, here. During the whole Clinton/Lewinski thing, we were supposed to believe that what goes on in the private lives of politicians doesn't matter--that he's human and fallible and we're just supposed to forget about it and let him do his job.

Does anyone honestly believe these same people siding with Clinton would have used that same rationalization if "W" had been found to be cheating with an intern, and then lied under oath to Congress about it?

You MIGHT have a point... if Clinton had trotted Lewinski out on state at the Democratic National Convention.....

eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #43 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post

You MIGHT have a point... if Clinton had trotted Lewinski out on state at the Democratic National Convention....

post #44 of 55
Thanks for proving my point!

post #45 of 55
Quote:

Thanks for proving my point!

What, using stuck-up assholes applauding? OK!

What point was yours anyway?
post #46 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post

You MIGHT have a point... if Clinton had trotted Lewinski out on state at the Democratic National Convention.....

I'm sure you would have applauded her leaving the eldest at home and hiding her because she was pregnant.

I can see the scarlet letter post now.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #47 of 55
One other point, be careful what cans of worms you open up. I'm sure Palin didn't want her daughter to become pregnant but no parent is in full control of their teens. Life gives everyone little surprises and they don't just fall on one side of the political aisle.

post #48 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

One other point, be careful what cans of worms you open up. I'm sure Palin didn't want her daughter to become pregnant but no parent is in full control of their teens. Life gives everyone little surprises and they don't just fall on one side of the political aisle.

Wow. How fucking liberal of you. Nice to see you have a compassionate side when you're not fire bombing political threads to score cheap political points.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #49 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

Wow. How fucking liberal of you. Nice to see you have a compassionate side when you're not fire bombing political threads to score cheap political points.

"Agree to disagree"

Meanwhile...
post #50 of 55
Palin and her family would have been attacked, regardless. "Parading her daughter on stage" is a moot point.

Biden's daughter caught on video doing cocaine? Whether true or not, any talk of that has been quickly and summarily dismissed as trivial by the "journalists". Would they have treated Cheney the same way?

post #51 of 55
Seems to me that the media gave the fact that Cheney's anti-gay policy stances a big giant pass even though his daughter is a lesbian.

Defending the Pallins and Cheney again, eh?
post #52 of 55
It's called adding balance and perspective to the debate. You should try it sometime.

post #53 of 55
Quote:

Biden's daughter caught on video doing cocaine? Whether true or not, any talk of that has been quickly and summarily dismissed as trivial by the "journalists". Would they have treated Cheney the same way?

Quote:
Whether true or not

It's like picking peanuts out of shit. While we wait for the truth, the Palins parade their fuck-ups on a weekly, almost daily level.

It's not the media either.

They are like those noisy neighbors that you would want to burn their home down with them in it.
post #54 of 55
So when McCain made a crude joke about Chelsea Clinton's looks I'm sure you were equally as outraged?

Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly? Because her father is Janet Reno."
-- Sen. John McCain, speaking to a Republican dinner, June 1998.

Or did you do what the Wingnuts on this board did? Defend it. Claim liberals have no sense of humor.

Balance my ass.
post #55 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

So when McCain made a crude joke about Chelsea Clinton's looks I'm sure you were equally as outraged?

Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly? Because her father is Janet Reno."
-- Sen. John McCain, speaking to a Republican dinner, June 1998.

Or did you do what the Wingnuts on this board did? Defend it. Claim liberals have no sense of humor.

Balance my ass.

A quote from a Republican dinner in 1998? Got any quotes from Democrat dinners? I bet they're pure as the wind-driven snow.

I was 17 in 1998. I was about as interested in politics as George W Bush was in securing our national borders.

Also, can you not agree that an obviously horrendous attempt at humor at a political dinner is much different than the drivel spewed forth over TV claiming to be "objective, unbiased journalism"?

Would I have defended such a comment at the time? I probably wouldn't have cared. But you see, most people change over time as they learn things. I am a different person than I was 10 years ago.

Edited to add: If I were the same person in 1998 that I am today, no, I would not have defended McCain's stupid jab.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Here’s five reasons why, from a Conservative Prospective, Palin is not a good choice