or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Best tool for specifically searching "both" 'preference' files and 'cache' files!?

Best tool for specifically searching "both" 'preference' files and 'cache' files!?

post #1 of 4
Leopard.

I'm not talking about a tool like Onyx, which is "excellent". Definitely the best, most simplest maintenance tool/utility.app for the Mac.

I'm talking a simple tool for searching, editing and deleting both specific .plist files and cache files on an app-by-app basis. Is there one?

I know of PrefEdit, but that is only for .plist (preference) files, and leaves out cache files:

I need, well desperately want; one that does both.

Yeah I could use AppZapper, but I would prefer something that is designed for this specific purpose. Anyone?
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #2 of 4
get the free 'easyfind' from devontechnologies. if its on your harddrive, easyfind will find it
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by macanoidâ„¢ View Post

get the free 'easyfind' from devontechnologies. if its on your harddrive, easyfind will find it

Yeah I tried it, but it's UI is not great.

For instance it's not plainly obvious at a glance which ones are caches etc. Searching for Safari for instance brings up about 100 matches.

No, I'm looking for something really stripped back, and brain-dead easy.

For the time being I'll use App Zapper.

Thanks though.
post #4 of 4
in that case, Houdahspot should work for you, but it's not free!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Best tool for specifically searching "both" 'preference' files and 'cache' files!?