or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Happy (U.S.) Constitution Day

Happy (U.S.) Constitution Day

post #1 of 4
Well folks, it is (U.S.) Constitution Day (formerly "Citizenship Day").

In the spirit of the law that was passed to create this day which "mandates that all publicly funded educational institutions provide educational programming on the history of the American Constitution on that day", I say we use this thread to list all (i.e., not just stuff under Republicans, not just stuff under Democrats...this is a bi/tri/quad/multi-partisan activity...all the stuff) that has been done by the fine governments (local, state and federal) that is basically in violation of this document that supposedly governs this nation.

Have at it.

P.S. The funniest part is that "This holiday is not observed by granting time off work for federal employees."...of course not, because the work of trampling the constitution is a full-time job.
post #2 of 4
post #3 of 4
I work at a university, and I was amused by the fact that a federal bill requires state-funded institutions to have educational programs if they receive any federal funding. That seems like the typical way that the federal government "blackmails" states to do things that they otherwise couldn't do within the constitution. So the law and history types around here are giving a bunch of lectures. But I have to wonder what would happen if they didn't do it. Cut off grant funding? Send in the SWAT team?
post #4 of 4
How about Executive Orders and going to war without a formal declaration of war from Congress.
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. Thomas Jefferson
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. Thomas Jefferson
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Happy (U.S.) Constitution Day