or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › McCain campaign ON HOLD!

McCain campaign ON HOLD! - Page 2

post #41 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

while he sneaks in the back and single-handedly karate chops the bad guys into submission.

My (barely) still Republican friend Jason just told me: "McCain's poll numbers are dropping fast and that's what his staff came up with???"

Jason still has some dignity left. He'll be sitting this election out. *applause*
post #42 of 169
Quote:

Man, I just watched that clip. Letterman just totally reams the guy.

Yeah, but he admires him and likes him etc., but can't figure out this suspend the campaign deal.
post #43 of 169
Letterman was on tonight and he went on and on about McCain. I think it bothered him a little.
post #44 of 169
Yeah, he does the full on "great hero, we have the greatest respect" setup, then basically calls him a chump and a quitter. "This is not the John McCain we knew."

And he gets a lot of mileage out of the idea that the reasonable thing to do would have been to turn the campaign over to his vice presidential nominee, but he can't because she's an idiot.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #45 of 169
Quote:

Yeah, he does the full on "great hero, we have the greatest respect" setup, then basically calls him a chump and a quitter. "This is not the John McCain we knew."

And he gets a lot of mileage out of the idea that the reasonable thing to do would have been to turn the campaign over to his vice presidential nominee, but he can't because she's an idiot.

Olberman took his spot, should be good.
post #46 of 169
Ferguson's Late Late Show had a cancelation as well, Olberman, he got a better offer.
post #47 of 169
I loved when they cut to the live shot of the Katie Couric set to show that infact McCain hadn't flown back to Washinton yet but was preparring for another interview down the street from the Letterman show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjkCrfylq-E
post #48 of 169
Quote:

Holy fucking shit, does McCain have a hard-on for his own, personal 9/11 or what?

Hey! Hey! Ruskies are invading Georgia! It's WWIII, maybe! Everything must stop while everybody watches me do something! No, wait, Ike is totally an awesome disaster! Maybe worse than Katrina! Everything must stop while everybody watches me do something!

Wait a minute, if everybody doesn't stop and watch me do something about the economy, we could be in a depression by Monday!

Isn't it amazing that after many a year of just sort of affably hanging out, his presidential run finds John McCain confronted by a succession of super important crises that he totally is up for tackling? Maybe there's a hostage crisis somewhere so he can demand we all stop what we're doing and give him our undivided attention while he sneaks in the back and single-handedly karate chops the bad guys into submission.

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #49 of 169
One of the talking heads on CNN this morning made a quip along the lines of, "If the economy is important enough to delay the debate, then why not wait and get Palin and her superior experience involved in solving the crisis."

I got a good chuckle out of that one.
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
post #50 of 169
I love how the McCain supporters are positioning this as some sort of genius strategy on the part of the McCain campaign. They are absolutely ecstatic, thinking this will somehow seal the deal. Fly low under the radar, coast in, and snatch the election away from that uppity usurper just in time. All without causing anymore gaffes or blunders. Then a month later when the big MC croaks their new Messiah with a Vagina will lead them to the promised land. Maybe then they can ratify the 10 commandments.
post #51 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by screener View Post

Ferguson's Late Late Show had a cancelation as well, Olberman, he got a better offer.

Seems that Letterman wasn't too happy. This just got worse and worse and worse. Started off light, but just got bad in a hurry. Combined with the Palin/Couric interview, it was a bad night to be a dyed-in-the-wool Republican.

Wait for the ending, sheer comedy gold.
post #52 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

To some Obama's campaign sounds like a string of meanings platitudes and unachievable pronouncements.

Yes I'm sure to a growing minority. Yes this is a stunt. He also knows Obama will probably eat him alive in the debates so he's putting it off trying to look presidential at the same time. Not exactly the kind of guy I want as the next leader of the free world.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #53 of 169
I say we suspend PoliticalOutsider so that we can save our economy. I, for one, will not post in PoliticalOutsider until I save our economy.
post #54 of 169
The McCain camp also wants to postpone the first debate until Oct. 2. The date as you all know is set for the VP debate. Hmmm? I wonder why?

Ahhh! Don't you just long for the days when we had the longest bull market in history and the big negative media story in the news was that the president couldn't keep his pants zipped? Those were the days!

It kind of puts things in perspective doesn't it?
post #55 of 169
Mac Cain want to postpone the debate, because economy is not his best field of play (remember that he declared some weeks ago, that the root of US economy are solid). He wanted to discuss about foreign politic, something where Obama is not very confortable.

If the campaign is still focusing on economy, Mc Cain have no chance to be elected. The crisis is a very bad new for him, that's why he want to delay.
post #56 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

Nevertheless, WE HAVE TO GIVE THE TREASURY $700 BILLION RIGHT NOW OR THE ECONOMY COULD COLLAPSE BY MONDAY!!!! OMGWTFBBQ!!!!

This from a guy who once said on a Sunday show that he does not know much about the economy.

A few days back he said "The fundamentals of the economy are strong" and all of the sudden things are so BAD that John McCain has to suspend his campaign to "save" this financial mess.

Talk about being all over the map... He is not consistent and I have a feeling he has no clue until he gets the memo.

Then he reads the memo when the cameras are rolling.

And the icing on the cake is John McCain floating this notion of his concern... Just more self righteous fakeness.

I heard his surrogate buddy Orrin Hatch on the television saying "This is the John McCain I know,, Willing to risk his own candidacy for the country" "putting his country first"

BULL freaking CRAP.

Bull freaking nonsense CRAP.

This just does not pass the smell test.

Once again

Fellows
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
post #57 of 169
post #58 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerdoc View Post

Mac Cain want to postpone the debate, because economy is not his best field of play (remember that he declared some weeks ago, that the root of US economy are solid). ...

He was right about that. The current problem is one of financing not the economy. But saying that doesn't play well when The Big O is there to hem and haw on everything, "If John McCain wants to debate the fundamentals of this economy that's a debate I'm ready to have."
post #59 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

I say we suspend PoliticalOutsider so that we can save our economy. I, for one, will not post in PoliticalOutsider until I save our economy.

You don't get it. It's only the losers who are supposed to take these stupid kind of measures.
post #60 of 169
Quote:

He was right about that. The current problem is one of financing not the economy. But saying that doesn't play well when The Big O is there to hem and haw on everything, "If John McCain wants to debate the fundamentals of this economy that's a debate I'm ready to have."

uh the financing is affecting the economy and will continue to do so in a big way so no sense mincing words here. The two are part of the whole.

So the fundimentals aren't sound when you are on the brink of a depression unless you pass a bill quickly. Don't kid yourself Obama will eat McSame alive in a debate.
post #61 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

uh the financing is affecting the economy and will continue to do so in a big way so no sense mincing words here. The two are part of the whole.

So the fundimentals aren't sound when you are on the brink of a depression unless you pass a bill quickly. Don't kid yourself Obama will eat McSame alive in a debate.

Yea like he did at Saddleback? Clean Obama win there.
post #62 of 169
Quote:

If you actually watched Saddleback, you might have noticed that it was not a debate.
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #63 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

You don't get it. It's only the losers who are supposed to take these stupid kind of measures.

Losers, or... MAVERICKS!
post #64 of 169
Quote:

Um, you think how Obama came off in front of a hostile crowd and a hostile interviewer in a non-debate format is a predictor of his performance in a head to head debate not conducted by, you know, right wing evangelicals?

How do you figure?
post #65 of 169
Quote:

Um, you think how Obama came off in front of a hostile crowd and a hostile interviewer in a non-debate format is a predictor of his performance in a head to head debate not conducted by, you know, right wing evangelicals?

How do you figure?

But you see, John McCain is such a hero, and so determined to put his country first, and so mavericky, that he is determined to lose this election. Because he's a maverick.

Regardless, I have done my part. I'm going to stop reading the word "the" until this financial crisis is solved.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #66 of 169
In a move of stunning hubris, McCain's aides are now suggesting that Obama should pull his ads because of McCain's "suspension."

McCain is still running his so he needs to sit down and STFU.

By the way, Sarah Snowbunnie will be at the Irish Pub in Philly to watch the debates. Gods help us.
post #67 of 169
Yeah, but Saddleback.

The end.
post #68 of 169
Oh, I found an early sneek peek of the Obama/McCain debate.
post #69 of 169
Someone forgot to send a memo to McCain's campaign surrogates that they've been suspended. They're all on the air right now hammering Obama for ... well... I don't know what, but they're mad as hell that Obama has ... well... something.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #70 of 169
Looks like McCain nailed it on this one. The deal is just about done. McCain gets his "Country First" moment and gets his photo in the paper long side Bush and The Big O.

It actually makes sense that McCain and Obama are in washington doing this deal. One of the two of them will have to live with this after January.
post #71 of 169
"Nailing it" would mean NOT having an overwhelming response from both sides that it was a really, really bad idea that makes him look like a desperate, posturing politician who raises a serious question about his ability to handle multiple problems concurrently, as well as clearly trying to weasel in some kind of delay for the debate and the VP debate.
post #72 of 169
Every single news organization, newspaper, blogger has collectively rolled their eyes at this maneuver. The deal was already done before McCain even arrived. This asinine notion that this was a brilliant political play is absurd, and that's being generous.

Absurd.

Cynical.

Preposterous.

Shark jumping.

And Republicans are giddy. Wow. How much more divorced from reality can these guys get?
post #73 of 169
Could McCain look any less presidential? This reminds me of the time he ducked out on a debate against George Bush in California during the 2000 election. He used similar stalling tactics then. This is no different.

He's not ready. He knows it. He's got some weird medical issues that have made his left eye look weird. That won't sell well on camera. He's got to address his biggest weakness at a debate he's not prepared for. He's got a running mate who's probably got her handlers running around like chickens with their heads cut off after they realized she's just a vapid beauty queen who got lucky. His poll numbers are sliding faster than a California mudslide. He knows if does well at the debate he'll only keep his numbers from falling, he won't gain anything. The biggest risk is if Obama has a great night. Then he's fucked and could lose an additional 2 or 3 more points. Well, he certainly can't afford that.

So what does he do?

Stall, stall, stall. And with a little luck get the VP debate completely cancelled. Yup, THAT'S PRESIDENTIAL!

He can derail a campaign faster than he can fly a fighter jet into the dirt! Fuck, this guy's a complete joke.
post #74 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

And Republicans are giddy. Wow. How much more divorced from reality can these guys get?

Obviously, you are a member of the reality-based community.
post #75 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

Obviously, you are a member of the reality-based community.

I'm sick of the elitist reality based community trying to force their "fact" based agenda down the throats of decent, delusional Americans.

My daddy was a paranoid schizophrenic, and it didn't seem to keep him from putting food on our table. Granted, he also put it on the lamp, my mother and the neighbor's lawn, but he was no elitist. Even when he was Winston Churchill, he was modest about it.

Fucking liberals.
post #76 of 169
Quote:

Looks like McCain nailed it on this one. The deal is just about done. McCain gets his "Country First" moment and gets his photo in the paper long side Bush and The Big O.

It actually makes sense that McCain and Obama are in washington doing this deal. One of the two of them will have to live with this after January.

Great prediction. NOT!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
post #77 of 169
This is already working for McCain. It's a success already.

Yesterday morning Rick Davis was corrupt, Sarah Palin was a car crash on CBS, John McCain was grumpy and tanking in the polls and the WSJ and the WP declared him 'a fuck up.'

And today?

Tabula rasa.

What a clever (if unscrupulous, cowardly, dishonourable and cynical) CUNT.
post #78 of 169
Quote:

I'm sick of the elitist reality based community trying to force their "fact" based agenda down the throats of decent, delusional Americans.

My daddy was a paranoid schizophrenic, and it didn't seem to keep him from putting food on our table. Granted, he also put it on the lamp, my mother and the neighbor's lawn, but he was no elitist. Even when he was Winston Churchill, he was modest about it.

Fucking liberals.

post #79 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan i Sabbah View Post

This is already working for McCain. It's a success already.

Yesterday morning Rick Davis was corrupt, Sarah Palin was a car crash on CBS, John McCain was grumpy and tanking in the polls and the WSJ and the WP declared him 'a fuck up.'

And today?

Tabula rasa.

What a clever (if unscrupulous, cowardly, dishonourable and cynical) CUNT.

Here's my media prediction: Next week the very same media that called this a pure political stunt will start demanding that Obama admit that McCain was right and why didn't Obama suspend his campaign too.

Of course the reality is that McCain didn't do a goddamned thing yesterday or today. He didn't suspend shit. He lied (AGAIN) about it. Commercials are still airing. Surrogates are still yapping. He never once went to capital hill. He only went straight to the White House for his photo op. HE DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AND IS TRYING TO CLAIM CREDIT FOR EVERYTHING!
post #80 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

Could McCain look any less presidential? This reminds me of the time he ducked out on a debate against George Bush in California during the 2000 election. He used similar stalling tactics then. This is no different.

He's not ready. He knows it. He's got some weird medical issues that have made his left eye look weird. That won't sell well on camera. He's got to address his biggest weakness at a debate he's not prepared for. He's got a running mate who's probably got her handlers running around like chickens with their heads cut off after they realized she's just a vapid beauty queen who got lucky. His poll numbers are sliding faster than a California mudslide. He knows if does well at the debate he'll only keep his numbers from falling, he won't gain anything. The biggest risk is if Obama has a great night. Then he's fucked and could lose an additional 2 or 3 more points. Well, he certainly can't afford that.

So what does he do?

Stall, stall, stall. And with a little luck get the VP debate completely cancelled. Yup, THAT'S PRESIDENTIAL!

He can derail a campaign faster than he can fly a fighter jet into the dirt! Fuck, this guy's a complete joke.

[CENTER]
... straight into a brick wall.[/CENTER]
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › McCain campaign ON HOLD!