or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › How to play DVD from MacBook and watch on TV

How to play DVD from MacBook and watch on TV

post #1 of 4
I'm new to this... please excuse the rudimentary question.

I have a black MacBook... got it about 6 months ago. I have been watching DVDs on the player that came with it but would like to watch them on my television without buying another bulky box for my small apartment.

I purchased an adapter from apple that goes mini dvi to dvi. I bought a connector that links the Mac piece up to a hdmi cable. I connected this 3 piece cord to the part of my tv that says HDMI 1.

I see my screensaver beautifully. But when I play the DVD on the MacBook the TV still shows my screensaver.

What am I doing wrong?
post #2 of 4
press your f key that toggles the mirror vs extended screen option. it looks like 2 squares overlapping each other.
15" MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz Unibody | MacBook 2.4 Ghz Unibody | AirPort Extreme - Gigabit | "Sawtooth" PowerMac G4 in B&W (G3) case, 1.2Ghz, 1TB Mirrored RAID
15" MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz Unibody | MacBook 2.4 Ghz Unibody | AirPort Extreme - Gigabit | "Sawtooth" PowerMac G4 in B&W (G3) case, 1.2Ghz, 1TB Mirrored RAID
post #3 of 4
I have a new aluminum macbook and a samsung lcd tv. Have the macbook hooked up and can see the screen saver on the television but that's all -- cannot play dvds or anything. I tried toggling the f3 key and other f keys to no effect. Can anyone help me please?? Thanks in advance.
post #4 of 4
System Preferences -> Displays
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › How to play DVD from MacBook and watch on TV