or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Future MacBook Pro-bound Intel chips due next spring

Future MacBook Pro-bound Intel chips due next spring - Page 2

post #41 of 47
Who knows about the MBP 17 inch. solopsism's reply is just as good as any. It could be a resource issue. It could be testing/qualification issue, it could be a vendor issue, it could be the way they planned it.

I actually wouldn't mind having one. The early 2008 MBP 15 I have is actually fairly portable. Much more portable than the HP I had or even my old 1.3" thick gen 1 iBook.
post #42 of 47
Does anyone know by now if I can swap the P8400 with a T9900 chip?

Any advantage or disadvantage or problems?

Just a newbie here want to see if I can modify the new mac mini (P7350 or P8400) with the T9900 chipest?

Thanks,
post #43 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsus2k View Post

Just a newbie here want to see if I can modify the new mac mini (P7350 or P8400) with the T9900 chipest?

Thanks,

The new Mac Minis have their CPU soldered to the motherboard so replacing the CPU isn't a realistic option unless you have access to some very sophisticated equipment.
it's = it is / it has, its = belonging to it.
it's = it is / it has, its = belonging to it.
post #44 of 47
does the mac mini have a blank slot for a graphics card? i thought most imac's, minis and MBP's use the same motherboard and they should all have a slot for a 9600M
post #45 of 47
Quote:

Thanks,

you will get a bigger boost from maxing out the RAM. unless you are doing something that is very CPU specific, you will never notice the difference
post #46 of 47
Quote:

No

Quote:
Originally Posted by al_bundy View Post

does the mac mini have a blank slot for a graphics card? i thought most imac's, minis and MBP's use the same motherboard and they should all have a slot for a 9600M

and no
post #47 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by al_bundy View Post

No, the mini is a crippled POS. 4GB max RAM, for no reason, meager graphics, soldered on everything (except RAM), impossible to get in, and hugely over priced. Other than that, it's great.

The mini uses a small 7"x7" (approx) motherboard. The motherboards on the MBP and iMac are not square, they conform around the internal components of the units. The imac 24" models have an MXM slot for expanded graphics beyond the the base model. The base 20" doesn't have the slot and low end 24" has the pads for the slot but no physical connector.

The MBP have their extra graphics chip (9600) soldered on the motherboard.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Future MacBook Pro-bound Intel chips due next spring