or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › False story of Jobs' heart attack started by teen

False story of Jobs' heart attack started by teen - Page 2

post #41 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by justflybob View Post

Laughing in the face of someone else's misfortune is about as "personal" as it gets, Jeff.

His comment wasn't specifically directed at you, you weren't even in the thread when he posted, so it was not a personal attack on you. You taking it personally is merely your reaction to it, and then turned around and made it a personal ad-hominem attack on kks. There is a difference.

I lost money on stocks too, but getting angry at someone and throwing barbs won't bring it back.
post #42 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by justflybob View Post

[rant]
Let me get this straight. kim kap sol in your view as a Global Moderator has the right to post here that it's funny that owners of AAPL lost money due to this prank, but I and others are taken to task when we call them on it?

Laughing in the face of someone else's misfortune is about as "personal" as it gets, Jeff.

I took offense to those comments because I believed that such a uncaring response often comes from someone who has no skin in the game, ie invested in the product or equity they are laughing about. His other comment regarding the intelligence of investors was also offense to me and others. The real truth here is that many people lost money on this "prank" because they bought AAPL on margin and were forced to cover margin calls when the price dropped due to the false report. Same goes for Puts, depending upon which side of the contract someone was on. And let's not even touch mutual fund managers who were obligated by prospectus to sell positions for the same reason. Regardless of who those investors are, they lost money when they HAD to sell. That's very different than someone who lost unrealized gain, but still own the same number of AAPL shares.

I'm certainly not a fan of the rampant abuses on Wall Street, hence the need for stronger regulation from the SEC, FINRA, etc. But I will always take umbrage at someone who laughs at anyone else's misfortune.

Finally, please explain why there were no Moderator comments to kim kap sol?

[/rant]

Having the title Global Moderator for some has the same result as giving some people a uniform
Use duckduckgo.com with Safari, not Google Search
Been using Apples since 1978 and Macs since 1984
Long on AAPL so biased. Strong advocate for separation of technology and politics on AI.
Use duckduckgo.com with Safari, not Google Search
Been using Apples since 1978 and Macs since 1984
Long on AAPL so biased. Strong advocate for separation of technology and politics on AI.
post #43 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncee View Post

If not, sucks being him, but folks are right, this should cause Apple / Steve to wake up to the fact - he IS Apple, and that they need a plan in place to have a replacement for him NOW, and they need to start showing off the "Wonder Kid" NOW, so the world can relax a bit.

1. they can not be blamed if the world at large doesn't get that Steve in not the only brain at Apple

2. they don't need a WonderKid, they need a group of them. and they have that group. And Steve shows them off along with the other executives all the time. He had like 5 other folks with him at the last presentation. And now Someone Not Me will tell you some cool stuff . . . .

3. If the Apple Employees have a stock buy plan they will be loving all this. Depending on the timing of the buy they will make a fortune when the stock goes up.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › False story of Jobs' heart attack started by teen