or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Voting Experiences
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Voting Experiences

post #1 of 118
Thread Starter 
Here in my part of the world we use these voting machines:

It's easy, kind of like a big iPod. It has a scroll wheel for moving the cursor, a big "ENTER" button for making selections, and a big read "CAST BALLOT" button for when you're ready to send your ballot through.

A few booths down from me I hear a mother say "All right, baby, now push the red button." immediately followed by "Ma'am, MA'AM! She's not allowed to touch anything!". I look over to see that an election lady is running over to a woman and her adorable little toddler.

Apparently the mother wanted the daughter to push the "CAST BALLOT" button after the mother made the choices.

I can understand that being a rule in some circumstances (parents hovering over their 18+-year-old kids), but does it really matter if a little kid who can't even read pushes the big shiny red button?

Bureaucrats.

On a side note, the mother and daughter were both black and most of the people early voting at that time in that place were black. I was really really happy about that, and it kind of pissed me off that the little girl didn't get to push the button. I know the election lady is enforcing the rules, but it's irksome to see an angry old white lady yell at this happy black family for doing something so innocent and patriotic.

I put my "I Voted" sticker on my Obama bumper sticker and got a thumbs up from an older black woman outside the building as I was opening my door to go back home.

Hooray for America.
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
post #2 of 118
Where did this take place? I actually have no idea where you are located. I'm in CA. I voted with my trusty ole absentee ballot.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

 

Get the lowdown on the coming collapse:  http://www.cbo.gov/publication/45010

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

 

Get the lowdown on the coming collapse:  http://www.cbo.gov/publication/45010

Reply
post #3 of 118
Personal attack deleted
post #4 of 118
FloorJack, your post finally arrived from 1800.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

 

Get the lowdown on the coming collapse:  http://www.cbo.gov/publication/45010

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

 

Get the lowdown on the coming collapse:  http://www.cbo.gov/publication/45010

Reply
post #5 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

It's incredible to finally discover how many posters have really, really ugly views about their 'fellow Americans'.

Yeah, I was just thinking that.

I think that, once Obama is president, we're going to see a sharp uptick of overtly racist commentary. It's like "well, you got a black president, so no one can say that racism even exists, which means that I am free to go to town."

And a certain subset of that tribe will take it even further, reasoning that since the president is black, white people are the real minority and that therefore they should be free to be militant.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #6 of 118
I voted today early and Grove I used the same machine that you show in your opening post.




I voted Obama

Fellows
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
post #7 of 118
I'm not the one describing my voting experience as some sort of mirror of racial tensions in this country. Nor am I telling people how I'm cheered on by an african american because I voted for one.

I find it interesting that so many liberals see just about everything as about race. A poll worker can't enforce the rules and not be racists when they are white and the voter is african american.

Can't we all just get along?
post #8 of 118
I voted early on campus. There were lots of old people. One machine timed out on someone, and the line backed up to about 6 people long.

And then someone came in and claimed I was trying to be the hero of the old people.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #9 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

I'm not the one describing my voting experience as some sort of mirror of racial tensions in this country. Nor am I telling people how I'm cheered on by an african american because I voted for one.

I find it interesting that so many liberals see just about everything as about race. A poll worker can't enforce the rules and not be racists when they are white and the voter is african american.

Can't we all just get along?

He described the circumstances as "a side note." Just an observation.

If America elects a black man president it will be an historic event, no matter what you think about Obama's particular policies.

I know it burns, but just deal with it.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #10 of 118
Read a story online about a voting experience in Ohio I think. Anyways, these little old Jewish ladies were in line ready to vote but there was a problem.

Ok, I found the story on politico.com. I thought it was a nice story.
Quote:
Upon arriving at the Hamilton County Board of Elections in Cincinnati to vote early today I happened upon some friends of my mother's three small, elderly Jewish women. They were quite upset as they were being refused admitance to the polling location due to their Obama T-Shirts, hats and buttons. Apparently you cannot wear Obama/McCain gear into polling locations here in Ohio.... They were practically on the verge of tears.

After a minute or two of this a huge man (6'5", 300 lbs easy) wearing a Dale Earnhardt jacket and Bengal's baseball cap left the voting line, came up to us and introduced himself as Mike. He told us he had overheard our conversation and asked if the ladies would like to borrow his jacket to put over their t-shirts so they could go in and vote. The ladies quickly agreed. As long as I live I will never forget the image of these 80-plus-year-old Jewish ladies walking into the polling location wearing a huge Dale Earnhardt racing jacket that came over their hands and down to their knees!

Mike patiently waited for each woman to cast their vote, accepted their many thanks and then got back in line (I saved him a place while he was helping out the ladies). When Mike got back in line I asked him if he was an Obama supporter. He said that he was not, but that he couldn't stand to see those ladies so upset. I thanked him for being a gentleman in a time of bitter partisanship and wished him well.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmi..._argument.html
Quote:
After I voted I walked out to the street to find my mother's friends surrouding our new friend Mike they were laughing and having a great time. I joined them and soon learned that Mike had changed his mind in the polling booth and ended up voting for Obama. When I asked him why he changed his mind at the last minute, he explained that while he was waiting for his jacket he got into a conversation with one of the ladies who had explained how the Jewish community, and she, had worked side by side with the black community during the civil rights movements of the '60s, and that this vote was the culmination of those personal and community efforts so many years ago. That this election for her was more than just a vote ... but a chance at history.

Mike looked at me and said, "Obama's going to win, and I didn't want to tell my grandchildren some day that I had an opportunity to vote for the first black president, but I missed my chance at history and voted for the other guy."
post #11 of 118
Thread Starter 
Sorry I didn't post the location.

Houston, Texas
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
post #12 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by groverat View Post

Sorry I didn't post the location.

Houston, Texas

That's not one of the more pro-America parts of the country, is it? I never can keep that straight.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #13 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellowship View Post

I voted today early and Grove I used the same machine that you show in your opening post.




I voted Obama

Fellows

Yeah! Fellowship good for you. I'm glad you voted for someone for POTUS after being on the fence as of late.

I'm expecting a record turnout this year, over and above the simple linear argument that there are more RV or VAP than there was in 2004 due to population growth alone.

70% of VAP turnout would be close to 150 million votes cast. Perhaps a high estimate, but interest is very high this election cycle, so who really knows what the post election totals are until they're all counted.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #14 of 118
Thread Starter 
Quote:
That's not one of the more pro-America parts of the country, is it? I never can keep that straight.

We're very pro-America. Every other person here is an oil baron driving a BMW WUV while wearing a cowboy hat.

(And we might turn the county blue. shhhh)
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
post #15 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilsch View Post

Read a story online about a voting experience in Ohio I think. Anyways, these little old Jewish ladies were in line ready to vote but there was a problem.

Ok, I found the story on politico.com. I thought it was a nice story.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmi..._argument.html

As cute and heart warming as this story is, that is a very poor reason to vote the way Mike did.
post #16 of 118
Thread Starter 
Why is that a poor reason?
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
post #17 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by gastroboy View Post

As cute and heart warming as this story is, that is a very poor reason to vote the way Mike did.

I hate to say this, but I'm expecting a lot of fence sitters to vote Obama, for the simple reason Mike stated, being a part of a truly historical election if Obama wins.

The only votes that really count anyways are the minimum number from the minimum nomber of states to push your EC total over 269. In 2004 that number was ~14% of total votes cast (or RV or VAP, it's been awhile since I pushed the actual numbers).

Fuck that abomination-underdink McCain, he's going to lose by at least 10 million votes.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #18 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by gastroboy View Post

As cute and heart warming as this story is, that is a very poor reason to vote the way Mike did.

if you feel like you are on the wrong side of history, is that a poor decision?
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
Reply
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
Reply
post #19 of 118
Thread Starter 
What I'm curious about is what a legitimate reason is.
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
post #20 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

I'm not the one describing my voting experience as some sort of mirror of racial tensions in this country. Nor am I telling people how I'm cheered on by an african american because I voted for one.

I find it interesting that so many liberals see just about everything as about race. A poll worker can't enforce the rules and not be racists when they are white and the voter is african american.

Can't we all just get along?

If there's one thing that pisses me off more than anything about politics, it's liberals making overgeneralized comments about conservatives and conservatives making overgeneralized comments about liberals.

If you really want to get into race, let me point out that just as many "conservatives" will not vote for Obama because of race as "liberals" will vote for Obama because of race. That being said, it's not a lot of people on either side. The fact is, people have better things to worry about right now than race. There are blatantly racist people voting for Obama because their worried about the economy and home foreclosures.

Quote:
From FiveThirtyEight:
A canvasser goes to a woman's door in Washington, Pennsylvania. Knocks. Woman answers. Knocker asks who she's planning to vote for. She isn't sure, has to ask her husband who she's voting for. Husband is off in another room watching some game. Canvasser hears him yell back, "We're votin' for the n***er!"

Woman turns back to canvasser, and says brightly and matter of factly: "We're voting for the n***er."

I sure as hell know no liberal would vote for Alan Keyes just because he's black.
post #21 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilsch View Post

Read a story online about a voting experience in Ohio I think. Anyways, these little old Jewish ladies were in line ready to vote but there was a problem.

Ok, I found the story on politico.com. I thought it was a nice story.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmi..._argument.html

I'm calling "bullshit" on this story. Am I to believe that in Ohio this time of year these ladies didn't bring their coats with them and couldn't remove pins and hats and cover up an Obama shirt with a coat so they could vote? So ... yea ... bullshit.
post #22 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

I'm calling "bullshit" on this story. Am I to believe that in Ohio this time of year these ladies didn't bring their coats with them and couldn't remove pins and hats and cover up an Obama shirt with a coat so they could vote? So ... yea ... bullshit.

The story may well be bullshit, but not for the reasons you stated:

http://www.weather.com/weather/month...nav_undeclared

It has only recently gotten chilly in Cincinnati...
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
Reply
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
Reply
post #23 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardeeharhar View Post

The story may well be bullshit, but not for the reasons you stated:

http://www.weather.com/weather/month...nav_undeclared

It has only recently gotten chilly in Cincinnati...

Old people always have a coat on. Why wouldn't they just go home change and come back. Or come back another day.
post #24 of 118
Here's another story, this one is well documented, also from FiveThirtyEight:

Quote:
Last week, Julie Hensley made one of her thousands of phone calls on behalf of Barack Obama. A woman answered. As Hensley ran through her short script, the husband impatiently broke in.

"Ma'am, we're voting for the n***er." And hung up.

Hensley wasn't having it. "I went and made a couple other calls but chafed over this absurdity," she told us, "so I called them back, as I still had a couple questions for the wife." This time the man answered, asked pointedly who she was, and when she replied he hung up again.

A couple hours later during a pause in her dials, her phone rang. She recognized the number. "This is going to be good," she remembers thinking, getting ready to scrap.

It was the husband. He was calling for the woman on whom he'd hung up. She then got something she didn't expect -- an apology. Calmly, Hensley told the man she'd accept his apology on one condition -- he had to tell her who he was voting for.

"Oh, I don't normally talk about it but I feel like I owe you," the man said. "I am voting for Senator Obama." He asked if Hensley would like to speak to his wife, as he'd interrupted the original call. Hensley mentioned that she had been surprised when he'd called to apologize. Apparently the husband and wife had been talking the entire couple hours since the original call. "Did she get upset with you?" Hensley asked.

"What do you think?" the man replied.
post #25 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Old people always have a coat on. Why wouldn't they just go home change and come back. Or come back another day.

There you go again, making an overgeneralization.

Why wouldn't they just go home, change, and come back? Because they didn't want to. Clearly they were three friends that had determined to make their voting trip somewhat of a social event. The following is just speculation, but since you don't seem to be shy in offering your speculation, I guess I'll provide some too: they might not have worn a coat because they wanted to showcase their Obama t-shirt, but didn't know the rules.
post #26 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

I'm calling "bullshit" on this story. Am I to believe that in Ohio this time of year these ladies didn't bring their coats with them and couldn't remove pins and hats and cover up an Obama shirt with a coat so they could vote? So ... yea ... bullshit.

There is no date on when the story took place. Or maybe you knew when, what time and where exactly? They've had quite a few 80 + days in Cinci this month.

It's got to be really burning you to actually get mad and try to debunk an innocent anecdote like that.

-but but...why didn't they have a coat on???

-but but...why didn't they go change???

-but but...why didn't they come back another day???

Fucking priceless.
post #27 of 118
Also, FloorJack, consider the following:

During the Democratic primary, Obama was running against an opponent, Hillary Clinton, that would have been equally historic, if elected. Now consider that the majority of the electorate are women rather than black. Surely women would choose Clinton over Obama by default. But Obama was able to win, and do it across many demographic lines, indicating that people weren't voting for him because of race.

Your argument that the majority of people who are voting for Obama are voting for him because of race doesn't hold.
post #28 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Old people always have a coat on. Why wouldn't they just go home change and come back. Or come back another day.

you are assuming too much...
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
Reply
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
Reply
post #29 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

Also, FloorJack, consider the following:

During the Democratic primary, Obama was running against an opponent, Hillary Clinton, that would have been equally historic, if elected. Now consider that the majority of the electorate are women rather than black. Surely women would choose Clinton over Obama by default. But Obama was able to win, and do it across many demographic lines, indicating that people weren't voting for him because of race.

Your argument that the majority of people who are voting for Obama are voting for him because of race doesn't hold.

I never made such and argument at all. I think most people are voting for Obama because he's the democrat and most people don't cross party lines. Most people's brains are shut down they just punch "democrat" or "republican" without thinking about it.

Considering that Bush vs Gore was split just about 50/50 and Bush vs Kerry was split just around 50/50 and McCain vs Obama is split just about 50/50 tells me that this election isn't all that different from the last ones.
post #30 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilsch View Post

Read a story online about a voting experience in Ohio I think. Anyways, these little old Jewish ladies were in line ready to vote but there was a problem.

Ok, I found the story on politico.com. I thought it was a nice story.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmi..._argument.html

I'm sorry, but voting for Obama BECAUSE he's black is just as bad as voting AGAINST him because he's black. I realize some percentage of white voters will feel "white guilt" lifted from their shoulders after voting for Barack Obama. I did not vote for him, nor did I vote for John McCain. I suppose these people were being honest, but it is sad. They may also have evaluated the McCain-Palin ticket and found them lacking, but it just felt better for them to boast to their friends and make it sound like they were "giving Obama the presidency because he was black."

Neither candidate, as representatives of their respective parties, has answers for the country. People haven't got a flippin' clue what should be done. Namely, extricate government from virtually all aspects of our lives and our economy. Get it back to the role that has been clearly defined for it in the Constitution.

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Mind you, if a gun were held to my head and I had to choose only between Obama and McCain, I'd choose Obama simply because he is less likely to put the US in immediate peril by dying and handing off the office to his incompetent Alaskan VP.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

 

Get the lowdown on the coming collapse:  http://www.cbo.gov/publication/45010

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

 

Get the lowdown on the coming collapse:  http://www.cbo.gov/publication/45010

Reply
post #31 of 118
OMFG! I'm on the verge of tears here. [quivering lip]These Obama supporters have been disenfranchised.[/quivering lip]


BAM STAFFERS PULL THEIR BOGUS OHIO BALLOTS

Quote:
Thirteen campaign workers for Barack Obama yesterday yanked their voter registrations and ballots in Ohio after being warned by a prosecutor that temporary residents can't vote in the battleground state.

A dozen staffers - including Obama Ohio spokeswoman Olivia Alair and James Cadogan, who recently joined Team Obama - signed a form letter asking the Franklin County elections board to pull their names from the rolls.

The letter - a copy of which was obtained by palestra.net, a Fox News affiliate - came a day after prosecutor Ron O'Brien publicly urged out-of-state campaign workers for both Obama and John McCain to "examine your conscience" before the elections board beings begins opening absentee ballots today.

Earlier in the week, O'Brien spoke with lawyers for both camps and urged them to make sure their staffs met permanent-residency rules, or face possible felony charges.

Also pulling his ballot yesterday was Hofstra University grad Jake Smith, an Obama volunteer who had voted in Knox County, Ohio.

On Thursday, O'Brien cut a deal with 13 out-of-staters, including four from New York, who tossed out their already-cast ballots and admitted they didn't meet residency requirements.


I guess we can drop that whole "prove there's been vote fraud" posturing.
post #32 of 118
Can we?

There was clarification of the rule and they recalled their ballots...

That's the ethical thing to do, no?
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
Reply
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
Reply
post #33 of 118
Thread Starter 
FloorJack:

Quote:
I'm not the one describing my voting experience as some sort of mirror of racial tensions in this country.

What?

Quote:
Nor am I telling people how I'm cheered on by an african american because I voted for one.

Are you talking about the lady giving me the thumbs-up? It happened, deal with it. If you subscribe to a political position and ally yourself with a political party that is hostile to other races and, as a result, are unfamiliar with the idea of racial harmony and common purpose that's no one's fault but your own.

Perhaps you're just too impressed by the notion of black people as a real-world group that actually exists. Seeing as I teach them every single day as an urban school district teacher I don't see it the same way you do. You apparently see it as a powderkeg.

Quote:
I find it interesting that so many liberals see just about everything as about race.

They do?

Quote:
A poll worker can't enforce the rules and not be racists when they are white and the voter is african american.

Did I call anyone racist?
It irritates me to see petty rules enforced, that applies across racial lines. This time it carried a certain symbolic weight to it in my mind.
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
post #34 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

OMFG! I'm on the verge of tears here. [quivering lip]These Obama supporters have been disenfranchised.[/quivering lip]


BAM STAFFERS PULL THEIR BOGUS OHIO BALLOTS




I guess we can drop that whole "prove there's been vote fraud" posturing.

So 13 withdrawn votes out of 6,000,000+ likely Ohio voters is worthy of a NYP piece?

Must be a slow news day.

I tell you what, keep us all informed of every individual case of documented voter fraud, by adding a single post for each said occurrence in this thread.

Oh, and make sure you include all instances of said voter fraud regardless of party affiliation.

I can already see the basic excuse here, the election was stolen from McCain-Palin due to massive voter fraud by the Democratic Party carried out across the entire nation, before, during, and after the general election.

Thus will occur the Great Cracker Rebellion of 2008, wherein millions of conservatives and Republican faithful are incited to riot and are subsequently permanently put down by the various police, national guard, and regular armed forces of the USA.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #35 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by groverat View Post

FloorJack:



What?



Are you talking about the lady giving me the thumbs-up? It happened, deal with it. If you subscribe to a political position and ally yourself with a political party that is hostile to other races and, as a result, are unfamiliar with the idea of racial harmony and common purpose that's no one's fault but your own.

Perhaps you're just too impressed by the notion of black people as a real-world group that actually exists. Seeing as I teach them every single day as an urban school district teacher I don't see it the same way you do. You apparently see it as a powderkeg.



They do?



Did I call anyone racist?
It irritates me to see petty rules enforced, that applies across racial lines. This time it carried a certain symbolic weight to it in my mind.

Why even mention the race of anyone involved? Why can't it just be "This person was voting with their child and the poll worker ...."
post #36 of 118
Thread Starter 
Why wouldn't I?
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
proud resident of a failed state
Reply
post #37 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

So 13 withdrawn votes out of 6,000,000+ likely Ohio voters is worthy of a NYP piece?

Must be a slow news day.

I tell you what, keep us all informed of every individual case of documented voter fraud, by adding a single post for each said occurrence in this thread.

Oh, and make sure you include all instances of said voter fraud regardless of party affiliation.

I can already see the basic excuse here, the election was stolen from McCain-Palin due to massive voter fraud by the Democratic Party carried out across the entire nation, before, during, and after the general election.

Thus will occur the Great Cracker Rebellion of 2008, wherein millions of conservatives and Republican faithful are incited to riot and are subsequently permanently put down by the various police, national guard, and regular armed forces of the USA.

I agree with you, but what's with all of the emoticons? lol
post #38 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Why even mention the race of anyone involved? Why can't it just be "This person was voting with their child and the poll worker ...."

Tell me what the difference between the following is:

Books 1-7 of Harry Potter, 4195 pages

versus

"There was a young wizard who survived an killing curse by a dark wizard named Voldemort. The young wizards likes Quiditch. The young wizard's name is Harry. His best friends are Ron and Hermione. There's also Dumbledore too. Harry defeated Voldemort."
post #39 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

OMFG! I'm on the verge of tears here. [quivering lip]These Obama supporters have been disenfranchised.[/quivering lip]


BAM STAFFERS PULL THEIR BOGUS OHIO BALLOTS

I guess we can drop that whole "prove there's been vote fraud" posturing.

1. Voter fraud doesn't occur until the fraudulent votes have been cast.
2. The fake voter registrations by ACORN don't represent people that are actually going to vote. They represent imaginary people created to fill quotas. No impact on the actual election.
3. Numerous studies have shown that there is not widespread fraud due to faulty voter registration.
4. How about Republicans taking voters off the roles based on home foreclosures... or any other reason they concoct? Preventing legitimate people from voting is worse than making up imaginary people that won't be voting.
5. Or electronic voting machines. Easily compromised, for example, as shown by Princeton computer scientists.
6. Not to mention the fact that Diebold, a manufacturer of electronic voting machines used in many states, is owned by staunch republicans.
9. Intimidation tactics, for example, "Democrats are to report on Wednesday due to expected record turnout."

Give me a break.
post #40 of 118
I love it that every complaint about voter fraud has been an example of people doing what they're supposed to be doing.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Voting Experiences