or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Voting Experiences

Voting Experiences - Page 3

post #81 of 118
CNN: GOP using foreclosure list to purge voters

A person can receive foreclosure notices, even battle it for a year, and still be legally living in that home doing the best they can to pay the mortgage and/or fight foreclosure legally.

So, there is absolutely no justification to purge someone based on a foreclosure... lack of residence in the precinct yes... but simply a foreclosure notice: NO.
post #82 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

CNN: GOP using foreclosure list to purge voters

A person can receive foreclosure notices, even battle it for a year, and still be legally living in that home doing the best they can to pay the mortgage and/or fight foreclosure legally.

So, there is absolutely no justification to purge someone based on a foreclosure... lack of residence in the precinct yes... but simply a foreclosure notice: NO.

That is messed up. The GOP then has a motivation to trash the home ownership of the lower classes - if they can make them all homeless then they can no longer vote Democrat.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #83 of 118
Vote-flipping caught on video

This is ridiculous. I've never ever had a "calibration" issue with a touchscreen bank ATM or a touchscreen self-check-in at the airport or a touchscreen self-check-out at a supermarket or hardware store.

Actually, just today, a Wachovia branch near me finally switched over to the new ATMs. It had "Diebold" written on it. There was even a customer service rep there to ask if I had any questions on how to use it. I said, "no thanks," and proceeded to use it exactly like other ones around the Philadelphia area, without any problem.

Can we just admit that electronic voting is a fraud?
post #84 of 118
Quote:

Vote-flipping caught on video

This is ridiculous. I've never ever had a "calibration" issue with a touchscreen bank ATM or a touchscreen self-check-in at the airport or a touchscreen self-check-out at a supermarket or hardware store.

You haven't been paying attention then.

Quote:

Actually, just today, a Wachovia branch near me finally switched over to the new ATMs. It had "Diebold" written on it. There was even a customer service rep there to ask if I had any questions on how to use it. I said, "no thanks," and proceeded to use it exactly like other ones around the Philadelphia area, without any problem.

Here's a reasonable explination.

Who's to blame for jumping votes on WV touchscreen machines?

Quote:
Princeton University's Ed Felten, a professor of computer science and public affairs who has extensively researched security and reliability issues with electronic voting systems, told Ars that the problems Thomas and Matheney had encountered sounded like calibration errors—mismatches between the place where a voter touches the screen and the virtual location the voting software calculates based on pressure readings from the display surface. Such problems, Felten said, are especially likely to crop up in early voting, when a machine has just been reactivated after a long spell in storage. But because physical components of the machines expand and contract in response to temperature changes, the amount of time a machine has been running, or even the time of day, might affect calibration—which could explain why the problem didn't show up in later attempts to reproduce the error.

Rice University computer scientist Dan Wallach, however, says that the iVotronics system has some specific characteristics that increase the chances of calibration errors. "The amazing thing about the iVotronics," he told Ars, "is how many different ways they got it wrong. It's like a perfect storm of problems."

For one, Wallach said, whereas a typical consumer touchscreen device might ask a user to hit four target spots to establish its benchmarks, the iVotronics setup process requires operators to hit 20 targets. In principle, this ought to allow greater precision—but it also presents more opportunities for error. "When you have fine-grained calibration," says Wallach, "you can also get fine-grained miscalibration." In other words, an error in the machine's touch-detection settings might be localized in one small part of the screen, making it more likely to go undetected. That might also explain why Thomas and Matheney only had trouble with a few specific races, rather than finding all their votes shifted.

Wallach also noted that, as with all such displays, calibration depends on the angle from which the screen is viewed: A display properly calibrated for a five-foot-tall user might be miscalibrated for someone a foot taller. "Don't take my word for it; go up to a drive-in ATM calibrated for someone sitting down, and try to use it just standing there," suggested Wallach, "you won't be able to hit the damn buttons." The iVotronics system compounds the problem, he said, because its display is locked in place, which "guarantees that some users are going to be viewing it at the wrong angle."

Quote:

Can we just admit that electronic voting is a fraud?

I'll tell ya what? I'll pull off my tinfoil hat and admit to an overdetermined linear system with parallax error is vote fraud if you pull off yours and admit that ACORN is a criminal conspiracy to register thousands of fake voters.
post #85 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

I'll tell ya what? I'll pull off my tinfoil hat and admit to an overdetermined linear system with parallax error is vote fraud-

How confident are you that:

a) All machines in your precinct will have been recently calibrated by a trained professional?

b) Your machine will be one of the few models with a paper trail?

c) Trained techies will be on-site at all polling places, in all 50 states?

d) The techies will follow up after the first "recalibration" fails?

e) Poll-workers will take the time to help you confirm your vote with throngs of irate voters waiting behind you?

f) Poll workers, even if by some miracle they admit your vote was registered wrong, will somehow manually delete the wrong vote and let you go back in the booth to try again?

g) Given that nobody can see the code, and the only mistakes we are able to see are the ones reflected on the visual user interface, that the "calibration bug" is the only part of the programming of the machine that can screw up your vote?

i) You will even get to see a voting booth if you live in a precinct where lots of machines are screwing up, and the lines simply don't move forward?

Quote:
- if you pull off yours and admit that ACORN is a criminal conspiracy to register thousands of fake voters.

Jesus Fucking Christ, will you get your ACORN facts straight?

Commentary: ACORN issue not vote fraud, but vote suppression

ACORN’s Tally of New Voters Was Vastly Overstated

Robert Greenwald and Brave New Films have put out a new video defending ACORN

But if you keep going with the old GOP tactic that if you keep repeating a lie, it becomes the truth then keep stooping to that level.

I hate to think of myself as a conspiracy theorist. I really do. But sometimes, "Wake Up Sheeple!" are the only appropriate words.
post #86 of 118
Quote:

You haven't been paying attention then.

Here's a reasonable explination.

Who's to blame for jumping votes on WV touchscreen machines?

I'll tell ya what? I'll pull off my tinfoil hat and admit to an overdetermined linear system with parallax error is vote fraud if you pull off yours and admit that ACORN is a criminal conspiracy to register thousands of fake voters.

No dude, we'll listen to your repeated yammering about fake registrations when you explain how that turns into fake votes. Without explaining that, your "criminal conspiracy" makes no sense.

In fact, I would propose this: that no Floorjack post should receive anything but a repeat of this question, until it is answered.

How do fake registrations turn into fake votes?
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #87 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by floorjack View Post

admit that acorn is a criminal conspiracy to register thousands of fake voters.

FOR FUCK'S SAKE! Fake voters do not translate into real votes! minnie mouse cannot physically show up to vote!!!!

CHRIST!!!
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #88 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

No dude, we'll listen to your repeated yammering about fake registrations when you explain how that turns into fake votes. Without explaining that, your "criminal conspiracy" makes no sense.

In fact, I would propose this: that no Floorjack post should receive anything but a repeat of this question, until it is answered.

I have many times and even if I'm dead right you'll still refuse to admit it but here it goes again ...

When the same crime is repeated in the same why by one organization employing many people across state lines that is a conspiracy. That is the definition. You don't have to be a plumber to figure it out. ACORN used its people to fake voter registrations in violation of the law nation wide. That is a criminal conspiracy.

What do they plan to do with all those? Well it remains to be seen. Some have already cast fake votes.

BOGUS VOTER BOOTED AMID PROBE OF ACORN

Quote:
Investigators probing ACORN have learned that an Ohio man registered to vote several times and cast a bogus ballot with a fake address, officials said yesterday, as they revealed that nearly 4,000 registration applications supplied by the left-leaning activist group were suspect.

There you have it ... faked vote.

But wait there's more ...

BAM STAFFERS PULL THEIR BOGUS OHIO BALLOTS

Quote:
Thirteen campaign workers for Barack Obama yesterday yanked their voter registrations and ballots in Ohio after being warned by a prosecutor that temporary residents can't vote in the battleground state.

How nice of the prosecuting attorney to give them a second chance to undo their crime. Kind of like a cop asking a burglar if he'd like to put that TV back in the house.

Who knows how many we don't know about? On election day ACORN operatives could go place to place casting fake ballots. It's not like we mark people with indelible die in this country.

Are we done with this now that theory has become practice? I'm guessing "no".

Now start the whining about how this is a small number of fake votes so it doesn't matter and you don't like the NY Post and gosh darn it it was an honest mistake casting those fake votes by out of state people and there ya go again GOP suppressing the vote ...
post #89 of 118
Quote:

Now start the whining about how this is a small number of fake votes so it doesn't matter and you don't like the NY Post and gosh darn it it was an honest mistake casting those fake votes by out of state people and there ya go again GOP suppressing the vote ...

Yeah, I wouldn't even line a birdcage with the NYP, but I guess you'd have the same bias for Greg Palast and Robert F. Kennedy Jr. too.

Yet CNN, New York Times and others have exposed this to what it is, a mountain out of a molehill.
post #90 of 118
Quote:

I have many times and even if I'm dead right you'll still refuse to admit it but here it goes again ...

When the same crime is repeated in the same why by one organization employing many people across state lines that is a conspiracy. That is the definition. You don't have to be a plumber to figure it out. ACORN used its people to fake voter registrations in violation of the law nation wide. That is a criminal conspiracy.

What do they plan to do with all those? Well it remains to be seen. Some have already cast fake votes.

BOGUS VOTER BOOTED AMID PROBE OF ACORN

There you have it ... faked vote.

But wait there's more ...

BAM STAFFERS PULL THEIR BOGUS OHIO BALLOTS

How nice of the prosecuting attorney to give them a second chance to undo their crime. Kind of like a cop asking a burglar if he'd like to put that TV back in the house.

Who knows how many we don't know about? On election day ACORN operatives could go place to place casting fake ballots. It's not like we mark people with indelible die in this country.

Are we done with this now that theory has become practice? I'm guessing "no".

Pathetic. You carry on about a vast conspiracy and offer up a single instance of illicit voting-- which was detected and rejected-- and a completely unrelated instance of people with temporary residency rescinding their ballot. Whew. I guess democracy dodged a bullet on that one.

That's what I mean by fake registrations not turning into votes-- you can show up and try, but odds are you'll be caught.

Again, it's not like no one's been paying attention: the Bush Justice Department made the "voter fraud" scam its centerpiece. The Republicans have been relentless in foregrounding the idea that there is some kind of wide spread voter fraud. And somehow, for all the charges and investigations, there never seem to be any significant convictions, do there?

Of course, the Republicans have used their PR campaign to justify the real voting fraud-- wholesale purging of voter roles, contesting as many new voters as possible, using technicalities to reject absentee ballots, etc.

Whatever vanishingly slight number of illicit votes get cast in this country pale in comparison to the actual number of legitimate voters who are disenfranchised by Republican voter suppression tactics.

But why am I trying to talk you out of this? It's part of the endgame of a party in decline. You go ahead and carry on about how the Dems are stealing elections by sneaking through, what, a half dozen votes in a state or two? The rest of us will point and laugh. You can reject the reports in the "Tanker Media" as being part of the conspiracy. Maybe you can figure out how the French are involved.

I actually want the Republican Party to be in the hands of people just like you, because that would mean they won't be allowed anywhere near the reigns of power for a good long while to come. Which means maybe the rest of us can make some headway repairing the damage you people have done.
post #91 of 118
Judge rules Ohio homeless voters may list park benches as addresses

Quote:
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - A federal judge in Ohio has ruled that counties must allow homeless voters to list park benches and other locations that aren't buildings as their addresses.

U.S. District Judge Edmund Sargus also ruled that provisional ballots can't be invalidated because of poll worker errors.

Monday's ruling resolved the final two pieces of a settlement between the Northeast Ohio Coalition for the Homeless and Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner.

The coalition agreed to drop a constitutional challenge to Ohio's voter identification law until after the Nov. 4 election. In return, Brunner and the coalition agreed on procedures to verify provisional ballots across all Ohio counties.

The coalition was concerned that unequal treatment of provisional ballots would disenfranchise some voters.

They don't want your coins, they want change.
post #92 of 118
Oh yeah, Republican dominated state judiciaries are in on it too, as they reject voter suppression efforts across the country.

It's funny, given the vast conspiracy, that courts can't find any compelling reason to start making people file provisional ballots just because the voter registration roles and the DMV lists have minor inconsistencies.
post #93 of 118
Astronauts Vote From Space

Quote:
In what must be the cheesiest (see the video), but most pointed political sentiment of the last twenty-four hours, two astronauts Edward Michael Fincke and Greg Chamitoff have cast their ballots from the International Space Station.

This is all thanks to a law passed by the Texas legislature in 1997 that sets up special provisions and procedures for astronauts who want to vote while in outer space.

The astronauts received a special email with their ballot and credentials (linking them to the ballot) which they then filled out. They email is sent back to the County Clerk in Houston to be tallied along with the rest of the votes. As it stands, they havent said who they voted for, but much more important is that they took the time to vote.

The pair put together this video to show that no matter how far away you are (in their case its 220 miles above the Earth) that voting is important enough to take extraordinary steps to do it.

What are you doing Dave...stop...stop...
post #94 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

Fake voters do not translate into real votes! minnie mouse cannot physically show up to vote!!!!

Last time I checked, there was a huge list of states that did not require ID to vote.
(Yet another area Canada is ahead of the U.S.)

Quote:

Pathetic. You carry on about a vast conspiracy and offer up a single instance of illicit voting-- which was detected and rejected...

Um..Adda, are you asking him to reference instances where fraudulent voters haven't been caught?
How exactly is he supposed to do that?
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #95 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

Um..Adda, are you asking him to reference instances where fraudulent voters haven't been caught? How exactly is he supposed to do that?

He's supposed to get on the Internets and Google stuff. There is a wealth of information! You may discover something too!
post #96 of 118
Quote:

Pathetic. You carry on about a vast conspiracy and offer up a single instance of illicit voting-- which was detected and rejected-- and a completely unrelated instance of people with temporary residency rescinding their ballot. Whew. I guess democracy dodged a bullet on that one.

As I predicted. You are not reading and whining that it's not significant. Please please please go back and read and you will see that there were many votes that were withdrawn.

Quote:

That's what I mean by fake registrations not turning into votes-- you can show up and try, but odds are you'll be caught.

And if it's not caught how do we know it from and anonymous voting system? And if it's absentee and not caught before the ballot is anonimized how do we know it?

It's the prefect crime. If you get out the door there is no changing the theft.

Quote:

Again, it's not like no one's been paying attention: the Bush Justice Department made the "voter fraud" scam its centerpiece. The Republicans have been relentless in foregrounding the idea that there is some kind of wide spread voter fraud. And somehow, for all the charges and investigations, there never seem to be any significant convictions, do there?

There's been some. Look into the history of ACORN.

Quote:

Of course, the Republicans have used their PR campaign to justify the real voting fraud-- wholesale purging of voter roles, contesting as many new voters as possible, using technicalities to reject absentee ballots, etc.

Whatever vanishingly slight number of illicit votes get cast in this country pale in comparison to the actual number of legitimate voters who are disenfranchised by Republican voter suppression tactics.

Proof? Real numbers? Actual data? Or just blah blah blah.

Quote:

But why am I trying to talk you out of this? It's part of the endgame of a party in decline. You go ahead and carry on about how the Dems are stealing elections by sneaking through, what, a half dozen votes in a state or two? The rest of us will point and laugh. You can reject the reports in the "Tanker Media" as being part of the conspiracy. Maybe you can figure out how the French are involved.

You don't need to talk to me out of it because Barack will cover it all up. If he wins he wont lift a finger on the issue and if he loses it wont matter to him anyway.

Quote:

I actually want the Republican Party to be in the hands of people just like you, because that would mean they won't be allowed anywhere near the reigns of power for a good long while to come. Which means maybe the rest of us can make some headway repairing the damage you people have done.

Ah midterms. Can't come soon enough. Bush may be at very low approval ratings but not as low as the Democratic controlled congress.
post #97 of 118
Republicans have been murdering black people and making it look like an accident. It's an appalling genocidal campaign, the crime of the century.

Of course, there's no evidence because they're so good at it. That just proves what a diabolical scheme it is.

Nevertheless, I can say with some confidence that these atrocities make it very clear that Republicans are inhuman monsters.
post #98 of 118
Quote:

Republicans have been murdering black people and making it look like an accident. It's an appalling genocidal campaign, the crime of the century.

Of course, there's no evidence because they're so good at it. That just proves what a diabolical scheme it is.

Nevertheless, I can say with some confidence that these atrocities make it very clear that Republicans are inhuman monsters.

WTF are you talking about?

In case it's stuff like this ...

The Democrats' Missing History

you may want a history lesson.

Quote:
In a stroke, 52 years of Democratic history vanishes. Disappeared faster than the truth in the Clinton administration. Why would this be? Allow me to sketch in a few facts from those missing 52 years. For that matter, lets add in the facts from the party history before and after those 52 years, since they aren't mentioned by the Democrats' National Committee either.

So what's missing?
  • There is no reference to the number of Democratic Party platforms supporting slavery. There were six from 1840 through 1860.
  • There is no reference to the number of Democratic presidents who owned slaves. There were seven from 1800 through 1861
  • There is no reference to the number of Democratic Party platforms that either supported segregation outright or were silent on the subject. There were 20, from 1868 through 1948.
  • There is no reference to "Jim Crow" as in "Jim Crow laws," nor is there reference to the role Democrats played in creating them. These were the post-Civil War laws passed enthusiastically by Democrats in that pesky 52-year part of the DNC's missing years. These laws segregated public schools, public transportation, restaurants, rest rooms and public places in general (everything from water coolers to beaches). The reason Rosa Parks became famous is that she sat in the "whites only" front section of a bus, the "whites only" designation the direct result of Democrats.
  • There is no reference to the formation of the Ku Klux Klan, which, according to Columbia University historian Eric Foner, became "a military force serving the interests of the Democratic Party." Nor is there reference to University of North Carolina historian Allen Trelease's description of the Klan as the "terrorist arm of the Democratic Party."
  • There is no reference to the fact Democrats opposed the 13th, 14th and 15th amendments to the Constitution. The 13th banned slavery. The 14th effectively overturned the infamous 1857 Dred Scott decision (made by Democratic pro-slavery Supreme Court justices) by guaranteeing due process and equal protection to former slaves. The 15th gave black Americans the right to vote.
  • There is no reference to the fact that Democrats opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1866. It was passed by the Republican Congress over the veto of President Andrew Johnson, who had been a Democrat before joining Lincoln's ticket in 1864. The law was designed to provide blacks with the right to own private property, sign contracts, sue and serve as witnesses in a legal proceeding.
  • There is no reference to the Democrats' opposition to the Civil Rights Act of 1875. It was passed by a Republican Congress and signed into law by President Ulysses Grant. The law prohibited racial discrimination in public places and public accommodations.
  • There is no reference to the Democrats' 1904 platform, which devotes a section to "Sectional and Racial Agitation," claiming the GOP's protests against segregation and the denial of voting rights to blacks sought to "revive the dead and hateful race and sectional animosities in any part of our common country," which in turn "means confusion, distraction of business, and the reopening of wounds now happily healed."
  • There is no reference to four Democratic platforms, 1908-20, that are silent on blacks, segregation, lynching and voting rights as racial problems in the country mount. By contrast the GOP platforms of those years specifically address "Rights of the Negro" (1908), oppose lynching (in 1912, 1920, 1924, 1928) and, as the New Deal kicks in, speak out about the dangers of making blacks "wards of the state."
  • There is no reference to the Democratic Convention of 1924, known to history as the "Klanbake." The 103-ballot convention was held in Madison Square Garden. Hundreds of delegates were members of the Ku Klux Klan, the Klan so powerful that a plank condemning Klan violence was defeated outright. To celebrate, the Klan staged a rally with 10,000 hooded Klansmen in a field in New Jersey directly across the Hudson from the site of the convention. Attended by hundreds of cheering convention delegates, the rally featured burning crosses and calls for violence against African-Americans and Catholics.
  • There is no reference to the fact that it was Democrats who segregated the federal government, at the direction of President Woodrow Wilson upon taking office in 1913. There \\is a reference to the fact that President Harry Truman integrated the military after World War II.
  • There is reference to the fact that Democrats created the Federal Reserve Board, passed labor and child welfare laws, and created Social Security with Wilson's New Freedom and FDR's New Deal. There is no mention that these programs were created as the result of an agreement to ignore segregation and the lynching of blacks. Neither is there a reference to the thousands of local officials, state legislators, state governors, U.S. congressmen and U.S. senators who were elected as supporters of slavery and then segregation between 1800 and 1965. Nor is there reference to the deal with the devil that left segregation and lynching as a way of life in return for election support for three post-Civil War Democratic presidents, Grover Cleveland, Woodrow Wilson and Franklin Roosevelt.
  • There is no reference that three-fourths of the opposition to the 1964 Civil Rights Bill in the U.S. House came from Democrats, or that 80% of the "nay" vote in the Senate came from Democrats. Certainly there is no reference to the fact that the opposition included future Democratic Senate leader Robert Byrd of West Virginia (a former Klan member) and Tennessee Senator Albert Gore Sr., father of Vice President Al Gore.
  • Last but certainly not least, there is no reference to the fact that Birmingham, Ala., Public Safety Commissioner Bull Connor, who infamously unleashed dogs and fire hoses on civil rights protestors, was in fact--yes indeed--a member of both the Democratic National Committee and the Ku Klux Klan.

I know I know Democrats have been washed of their original sin. Even if they don't include this stuff in their history. Doesn't really speak truth to power though.
post #99 of 118
Quote:

WTF are you talking about?.

Claiming to not know what I'm talking about if further proof that it's all true.

Quote:
In case it's stuff like this ...

The Democrats' Missing History

you may want a history lesson.

I know I know Democrats have been washed of their original sin. Even if they don't include this stuff in their history. Doesn't really speak truth to power though.

Yes, the Democratic Party shared in America's racist history, until the Republican Party decided it could win elections by pandering to Southern racists and the Southern racists all switched parties. Original sin is quaint compared to eager, ongoing debauchery, don't you think?

Thanks for the history lesson; your party is about to run head on into now.
post #100 of 118
Quote:

Claiming to not know what I'm talking about if further proof that it's all true.

Right over his head huh?
post #101 of 118
Quote:

No really. Do tell.
post #102 of 118
Quote:

Look into the history of ACORN.

Ah yes, good times.

This just proves that whether ACORN is the cabal of the anti-Christ or not, McCain proves once again he's a pandering idiot too.

As far as I'm concerned, this topic is over. Much like McCain and the Neo-Con, Bible-Humping, racist Republican party.

McCain Delivered Keynote for ACORN in 2006
post #103 of 118
What? Vote fraud for Obama?

[fingersinears]La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la[/fingersinears]

[fingersinears]I'm not listening[/fingersinears]

post #104 of 118
Quote:

What? Vote fraud for Obama?

[fingersinears]La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la[/fingersinears]

[fingersinears]I'm not listening[/fingersinears]

I reported you. You seriously are treading on thin ice.
post #105 of 118
Quote:

Yes, the Democratic Party shared in America's racist history, until the Republican Party decided it could win elections by pandering to Southern racists and the Southern racists all switched parties. Original sin is quaint compared to eager, ongoing debauchery, don't you think?

Thanks for the history lesson; your party is about to run head on into now.

Do not forget about the Great Democratic Hornswaggle of 1325
Or the Horrible Rending of the Democrats of 1452.
Or the Crude Democratic Awakening of 1554.
Or the Democratic Cats' Anal Gland Expression of 1601.

None of these, of course, hold a candle, to the Horrendous Democratic Badness of 11.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #106 of 118
Quote:

No really. Do tell.

That's how the ploy works, isn't it? "I don't know anything about this great conspiracy! Why don't you tell me about it!"
post #107 of 118
Quote:

I reported you. You seriously are treading on thin ice.

I'm just trying to make the point that I provided proof of real vote fraud and it's just ignored here. Real examples of actual ballots that were signed and submitted to be counted by fraudulently registered voters. These were received by the state and were to be counted. The only reason they weren't was because the prosecuting attorney gave them an out. Otherwise it would have been a fake vote (for Obama). How many are not caught? Give me a guess.

But instead of seeing that and acknowledging that you just ignore it. A simple "wow FloofJack you were right there have been fraudulent votes cast by people that weren't registered legally. I can see how that could work on a larger level to steal the election for Obama. I'm now outraged!"
post #108 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

That's how the ploy works, isn't it? "I don't know anything about this great conspiracy! Why don't you tell me about it!"

I get it now. You got me on that one. I'll put a more careful eye on that worm next time.
post #109 of 118
Quote:

I'm just trying to make the point that I provided proof of real vote fraud and it's just ignored here. Real examples of actual ballots that were signed and submitted to be counted by fraudulently registered voters. These were received by the state and were to be counted. The only reason they weren't was because the prosecuting attorney gave them an out. Otherwise it would have been a fake vote (for Obama). How many are not caught? Give me a guess.

But instead of seeing that and acknowledging that you just ignore it. A simple "wow FloofJack you were right there have been fraudulent votes cast by people that weren't registered legally. I can see how that could work on a larger level to steal the election for Obama. I'm now outraged!"

No one is ignoring the exception to the rule. We have explicitly stated that the evidence you have presented to date, is just that, the exception to the rule.

Until such time that you can present bona fide incontrovertible evidence that voter fraud is widespread and rampant, which you haven't even remotely done to date, stop repeating the few isolated examples of.

You are engaging in a false dilemma fallacy known as wishful thinking or black and white thinking. Ergo, since some voter fraud exists all votes cast must be placed into doubt as to their validity. Voter fraud or voter suppression is not limited to one particular political party that you happen to have a great deal of distain for.

How deep does the rabbit hole go?
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
post #110 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

No one is ignoring the exception to the rule. We have explicitly stated that the evidence you have presented to date, is just that, the exception to the rule.

Wow! Talk about shifting the goal posts. It goes from "ACRON is just complying with the law" to "they were taken advantage of by some people they paid" to "this doesn't mean anything because you can't use those to cast fake votes. prove it can happen" to "this is the exception to the rule and is meaningless".
post #111 of 118
Quote:

Wow! Talk about shifting the goal posts. It goes from "ACRON is just complying with the law" to "they were taken advantage of by some people they paid" to "this doesn't mean anything because you can't use those to cast fake votes. prove it can happen" to "this is the exception to the rule and is meaningless".

Thank the fucking gods for the ignore filter.
post #112 of 118
Quote:

Thank the fucking gods for the ignore filter.

Here's some interesting information you may not have know about.

An Acorn Whistleblower Testifies in Court
The group's ties to Obama are extensive.

some quotes

Quote:
Acorn, the liberal "community organizing" group that claims it will deploy 15,000 get-out-the-vote workers on Election Day, can't stay out of the news.

The FBI is investigating its voter registration efforts in several states, amid allegations that almost a third of the 1.3 million cards it turned in are invalid. And yesterday, a former employee of Acorn testified in a Pennsylvania state court that the group's quality-control efforts were "minimal or nonexistent" and largely window dressing. ...

She says she became disillusioned because she saw that Acorn was run as the personal fiefdom of Wade Rathke, who founded the group in 1970 and ran it until he stepped down to take over its international operations this summer. Mr. Rathke's departure as head of Acorn came after revelations he'd employed his brother Dale for a decade while keeping from almost all of Acorn's board members the fact that Dale had embezzled over $1 million from the group a decade ago. (The embezzlement was confirmed to me by an Acorn official.)

"Anyone who questioned what was going on was viewed as the enemy," Ms. MonCrief told me. "Just like the mob, no one leaves Acorn happily." She believes the organization does some good but hopes its current leadership is replaced. She may not be alone.

Last August two of Acorn's eight dissident board members, Marcel Reed and Karen Inman, filed suit demanding access to financial records of Citizens Consulting Inc., the umbrella group through which most of Acorn's money flows. Ms. Inman told a news conference this month Mr. Rathke still exercises power over CCI and Acorn against the board's wishes. Bertha Lewis, the interim head of Acorn, told me Mr. Rathke has no ties to Acorn and that the dissident board members were "obsessed" and "confused."

According to public records, the IRS filed three tax liens totaling almost $1 million against Acorn this spring. Also this spring, CCI was paid $832,000 by the Obama campaign for get-out-the-vote efforts in key primary states. In filings with the Federal Election Commission, the Obama campaign listed the payments as "staging, sound, lighting," only correcting the filings after the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review revealed their true nature.

Acorn insists it operates with strict quality controls, turning in, as required by law, all registration forms "even if the name on them was Donald Duck," as Wade Rathke told me two years ago. Acorn whistleblowers tell a different story.

"There's no quality control on purpose, no checks and balances," says Nate Toler, who worked until 2006 as the head organizer of an Acorn campaign against Wal-Mart in California. And Ms. MonCrief says it is longstanding practice to blame bogus registrations on lower-level employees who then often face criminal charges, a practice she says Acorn internally calls "throwing folks under the bus."

You may find this factual information helpful in your assessment of ACORN's illegal activities and how Obama uses ACORN to "get the vote out".
post #113 of 118
Quote:

Here's some interesting information you may not have know about.

An Acorn Whistleblower Testifies in Court
The group's ties to Obama are extensive.

some quotes

You may find this factual information helpful in your assessment of ACORN's illegal activities and how Obama uses ACORN to "get the vote out".

Makes you wonder how they stay in bidness huh?
post #114 of 118
Quote:

Yes, ACORN is complying with the law when the submit each voter registration they get.

Yes, when a person ACORN is paying to get voter registrations blows off the job and submits bogus registrations instead of pounding the pavement, that person is taking advantage of ACORN in the way any worker who doesn't do the job they've been payed to do takes advantage of their employer.

Yes, the incidence of fake registrations leading to fake votes is exceedingly rare. We know this for a fact because it has been extensively documented, and the Bush administration spent a great deal of time and money for the express purpose of exposing "liberal voter fraud" and came away empty handed.

And yes, given the tens of millions of votes cast, it is possible to find a few illicit votes.

All of this has been true the entire time we've been discussing it, no goalposts have been moved. All that's happened is that you continue to ignore the central point-- it is very difficult and in practice very rare to turn fake registrations into fake votes-- because you have a partisan interest in pretending that there is some kind of grand conspiracy to steal the election.

You're left with the absurd stance that, because it is possible to find a few illicit votes, it must follow that there could be many millions of illicit votes, enough to turn an election.

That might hold water if illicit votes just sort of turned up by accident, suggesting that there was an unacknowledged problem that bore looking into it.

The truth is, of course, that the entire Republican political apparatus and the Bush Justice Department have been at this stuff for the last four years at least, and the problem just isn't there.

It's really as simple as that: vast resources have been expended to expose a problem, and no problem has been found to exist. So fans of voter repression stick with trumpeting Republican charges (which inevitably come to nothing), or the rare exceptions to the rule, or just sort of a vague haze of allegations that start with little and end with nothing.

But of course you don't care about any of that, because what you're talking about has nothing to do with getting to the truth. It has to do with cementing the impression that there is some kind of wide-spread "voter fraud" in order to lay the ground work for further voter suppression legislation at the state level. The RNC has been pretty explicit about their intentions on this.

However, I will say that just standing there shouting "BUT ACORN MILLIONS OF BAD REGISTRATIONS OBAMA LIBERALS FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD" is pointless, here, because the people you're talking to aren't stupid.

So maybe you should go find some stupid people to peddle this nonsense to. In that, you would be following the Republican Party's lead.
post #115 of 118
Oh please addabox. It was the Chicago Machine that invented Vote Early Vote Often. All that history has been forgotten and we're told "Not us it's you!"

And then here we have ACORN's racist TV spot to distract us from the real issue.

ACORN TV Ad - Not This Time

It may be in the hands of individual states to uncover the depths of democratic voter corruption. If enough states go in we many find out how extensive the corruption is. Those states that have democrats for AGs will ignore the issue along with an Obama AG. It may fall to individual efforts and a thick stack of FOIA to find out what's really going on.
post #116 of 118
Quote:

Oh please addabox. It was the Chicago Machine that invented Vote Early Vote Often. All that history has been forgotten and we're told "Not us it's you!"

Yeah. That would be one of those vague allegations that start with little and go nowhere. Again, that kind of lame guilt by extraordinarily tenuous association would probably go down better with some species of information free idiot. I'm sure you can find some to talk to.

Quote:
And then here we have ACORN's racist TV spot to distract us from the real issue.

ACORN TV Ad - Not This Time

I have no idea why you think that's pertinent to the matter at hand, unless you think "scary Negro" has a bearing on whether or not voter fraud is being committed?

Quote:
It may be in the hands of individual states to uncover the depths of democratic voter corruption. If enough states go in we many find out how extensive the corruption is. Those states that have democrats for AGs will ignore the issue along with an Obama AG. It may fall to individual efforts and a thick stack of FOIA to find out what's really going on.

Not "may be", has. They've been at it hammer and tong for years. Maybe you weren't paying attention: the Bush Justice Department was firing US Attorneys because they failed to go after "voter fraud" with enough zeal, or failed to come up any results.

Some kind of lame "we don't know how bad it is, so it might be really really bad" is simply in direct opposition to the facts.

We know precisely how "bad" it is because it's been investigated exhaustively.

Anyway, I'm bored with repeating the obvious. Bye.
post #117 of 118
It seems that when Democrats aren't misusing government databases or stealing elections, they're stealing election signs.
That's must be why they're soft on crime.

Republicans however, tend to like pre-emptive strikes, leading to this shocking sign war.
post #118 of 118
I think Adda and I should get gay terrorist married before Nov 4.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Voting Experiences