or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Obama's Mandate and First 100 days

Obama's Mandate and First 100 days - Page 4

Poll Results: What percentage of popular vote does Obama need to claim a mandate?

• 50% (9)
    50-52%
  • 16% (3)
    53-54%
  • 11% (2)
    55-56%
  • 22% (4)
    more than 56%
18 Total Votes  
post #121 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

And in case you haven't noticed the republican party already isn't too popular right now.

Yea we lost a lot of races but if only 3% of the voters went for McCain and not Obama the popular vote would be tied. That aint so bad. One could argue that Obama "bought" the election but that meme is only for republicans.
post #122 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Yea we lost a lot of races but if only 3% of the voters went for McCain and not Obama the popular vote would be tied. That aint so bad. One could argue that Obama "bought" the election but that meme is only for republicans.

One could but one would be wrong to do so.

Did Obama pay all those people to party in the streets when he won?

And we've already discussed the 3 % elsewhere. It's more than it sounds. We'll see how much they lost when it comes time to make choices in government.

Also we could discuss Bush's approval ratings and it's affect on this election. He's a republican in case you haven't forgot.

It's going to be a long time for Obama in office. You guys can keep up the ridiculous acusations but after awhile you're going to start repeating yourselves like you did with Clinton. And you know that will drive people away also. But by all means don't take my word for it. Just keep on going the way you are and see what happens.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #123 of 135
I do have to congratulate Obama for silencing the Coke Pink wing of the left. Had they pulled a bunch of stunts during the campaign those 3% could have voted the other way and taken 3% with them.

Soldier on.
post #124 of 135
Quote:

I do have to congratulate Obama for silencing the Coke Pink wing of the left. Had they pulled a bunch of stunts during the campaign those 3% could have voted the other way and taken 3% with them.

Soldier on.

Yawn!
post #125 of 135
Quote:

University of Chicago bands itself as "Chicago". They are trying to slum it and be like "Harvard". I thought everyone knew that.

Bands? Link? Proof? Or just said so?

Until shown otherwise, the definitive answer is just said so.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
post #126 of 135
Quote:

Did Obama pay all those people to party in the streets when he won?

All around the globe... and while he was meeting Bush at the WH...

Can only imagine the reaction if Camp McCain & Lipstick, Inc., had won.

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

post #127 of 135
Quote:

I do have to congratulate Obama for silencing the Coke Pink wing of the left.

Been a while since I had Pink Coke...good times.
post #128 of 135
For South, a Waning Hold on National Politics

Quote:
What may have ended on Election Day, though, is the centrality of the South to national politics.

Quote:
Less than a third of Southern whites voted for Mr. Obama, compared with 43 percent of whites nationally. By leaving the mainstream so decisively, the Deep South and Appalachia will no longer be able to dictate that winning Democrats have Southern accents or adhere to conservative policies on issues like welfare and tax policy, experts say.

Pretty much the same conclusion I came to by looking at the national/state vote totals and the EC makeup.

It looks like the D's will have an advantage of 100 in the EC (250-150) from the get go, for the forseeable future, 2012, 2016, and 2020 for sure.
post #129 of 135
The funny thing is that the South was the cheapest bitch the GOP ever had. Never even had to give them anything. Just plain ol' pandering.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #130 of 135
Quote:

Soldier on.

Well look at this! What a surprise!!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/...oll/index.html

Quote:
Americans OK with Democrats in charge, poll suggests Story Highlights
Most Americans say it is good Democrats control Congress and the White House

Democrats are viewed favorably by 62 percent of those polled

More than half, 52 percent, have an unfavorable view of Republicans

Nearly nine out of 10 want Democrats to include GOP in policy decisions

Like I've said it's too bad things had to get this bad to wake people up.

They're drinking coffee now however.
post #131 of 135
post #132 of 135
Quote:

Well look at this! What a surprise!!!!
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/...oll/index.html
Like I've said it's too bad things had to get this bad to wake people up.
They're drinking coffee now however.

It's also good to see conservatives humbled and determined to work with Democrats to help America too.

Oh wait...
post #133 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

It's also good to see conservatives humbled and determined to work with Democrats to help America too.

Oh wait...

Not surprised!
post #134 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

Oh wait...

I wonder where they got the idea for that
post #135 of 135
Quote:

I wonder where they got the idea for that

Where do you think?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Obama's Mandate and First 100 days