or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › AI Official Results Thread

AI Official Results Thread - Page 3

post #81 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Nah. The rules are the rules.

I couldn't care less, I just dropped in here to congratulate the people I've chatted with for the last 10 years (was here pre blackout) on their historic victory, and hope that now the process can begin of rebuilding the world in a more peaceful and prosperous image.

That kind of hits it home, that all these years i've been arguing here - have mostly been under the tyrannical rule of the republicans. Today is a new era. Run with it.

I dont want to say anything else really, except give my regards to the few people I met here that I have a bit of respect for.
post #82 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Bringing on a complete novice like Palin did him no favors either. If he had brought on Mitt Romney instead of Palin, Romney would have been a more formidable challenger on the economy issue. C'est la vie. My guy lost a long time ago, so it really doesn't matter to me.

Hind sight is 20/20. For his 33 years in the senate Biden is a rather dumb bunny. His hair plugs look good and his veneers are top notch. There were some days that I thought it was McCain - Biden and not Obama - Biden. Somehow Barack was able to win with Biden dragging him down.
post #83 of 130
Does this mean you have a refrigerator now that you got your shit together?
post #84 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfflam View Post

Not exactly sure of MarkUK bannishment reasons, but I say that we extend a general amnesty due to the whole-world-shift thang

I understand that many people are genuinely excited about the Obama presidency, but the whole world has not shifted anywhere.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #85 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Hind sight is 20/20. For his 33 years in the senate Biden is a rather dumb bunny. His hair plugs look good and his veneers are top notch. There were some days that I thought it was McCain - Biden and not Obama - Biden. Somehow Barack was able to win with Biden dragging him down.

Don't know why I bother.

Hind sight? Fucking hind sight?

Everyone with half a brain new Palin was a joke from day one, you did didn't you?

At least trumptman wasn't about to stick around after his endorsement of her.
post #86 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

I understand that many people are genuinely excited about the Obama presidency, but the whole world has not shifted anywhere.

Of course their is, the shift is in the perception of the positive side instead of negative.

If you don't see that I suggest you pray for guidance.
post #87 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by screener View Post

Of course their is, the shift is in the perception of the positive side instead of negative.

If you don't see that I suggest you pray for guidance.

That's like Tonton position on the term 'pro-abortion'. As he says nobody's really for abortion, no one is for 'negativity'. That's not the way world affairs are framed.

During the last eight years I've seen a lot of people talk as though anti-Americanism was created during the presidency of George W. Bush. It was not.

Obama will obviously enjoy a long honeymoon and will be personally popular when abroad (as was Clinton.) But anyone who thinks that anti-Americanism is danger of dying out because Obama is now President is sorely mistaken.
post #88 of 130
Quote:

During the last eight years I've seen a lot of people talk as though anti-Americanism was created during the presidency of George W. Bush. It was not.

No, but it was pretty damned near perfected.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #89 of 130
Quote:

That's like Tonton position on the term 'pro-abortion'. As he says nobody's really for abortion, no one is for 'negativity'. That's not the way world affairs are framed.

Obama will obviously enjoy a long honeymoon and will be personally popular when abroad (as was Clinton.) But anyone who thinks that anti-Americanism is danger of dying out because Obama is now President is sorely mistaken.

You do live on this planet don't you?

Before Bush and Iraq, America was respected, admired even by some as the shining beacon they saw themselves as.

Of course you had anti-Americanism before Bush, but not like say, last month.
Have you forgotten the worldwide reaction when Bush was re-elected?
Compare that to now, get on the inertube and the google, there is actually hope for them and themselves.
post #90 of 130
It is interesting to note that democrats have won the popular vote in 4 of the last 5 presidential elections.
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
post #91 of 130
Quote:

You do live on this planet don't you?

Before Bush and Iraq, America was respected, admired even by some as the shining beacon they saw themselves as.

Of course you had anti-Americanism before Bush, but not like say, last month.
Have you forgotten the worldwide reaction when Bush was re-elected?
Compare that to now, get on the inertube and the google, there is actually hope for them and themselves.

We were?
post #92 of 130
Quote:

But anyone who thinks that anti-Americanism is danger of dying out because Obama is now President is sorely mistaken.

omg thanks for the insite everyone is so dum bcuz there saying thier is a pozitv shift witch meens they think al qyda luvs merika but you help us stay smart thanks pls tel us more infos
post #93 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

We were?

Have you forgotten worldwide reaction after Bush was re-elected?

I suppose I could have prefaced that statement with the world was solidly behind the US after 911,
how quick some forget.
post #94 of 130
Quote:

Well it's actually much much closer to 36 years.

So given that rather well known fact doesn't say very much about ...

I'm making a list and checking it twice ...

It's in the double digits now.

If people want to gain some modicum of respect you would think they'd get the very basic facts correct all the time.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
post #95 of 130
Quote:

Interesting. So Obama would have won by even more if Biden wasn't his running mate and, in fact, Biden would have been a bigger liability if it wasn't for his hair plugs.
post #96 of 130
Quote:

Have you forgotten worldwide reaction after Bush was re-elected?

I suppose I could have prefaced that statement with the world was solidly behind the US after 911,
how quick some forget.

I didn't realize that we were only talking about the harm Bush has done to the American image abroad during his presidency.

Prior to Bush, people abroad ranted about Clinton, too. It was Clinton who began the process of extraordinary rendition. It was Clinton who stood by and did nothing about Rwanda. It was Clinton to continued Bush's policies in Iraq.

Bush's invasion of Iraq, IIRC, wasn't exactly received swimmingly. I remember protesting it when I was in college (although, ironically, now I'd probably have supported it).

Reagan scared the shit out of everyone.

I'm not saying that America was as reviled as it is now, but there were certainly very legitimate complaints about US foreign policy prior to Bush. But like I said earlier, Bush makes everyone before him look like a total amateur at sucking.
post #97 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

It is interesting to note that democrats have won the popular vote in 4 of the last 5 presidential elections.

Good for the Establishment they could stop democracy taking its natural course.
post #98 of 130
Quote:

I didn't realize that we were only talking about the harm Bush has done to the American image abroad during his presidency.

Prior to Bush, people abroad ranted about Clinton, too. It was Clinton who began the process of extraordinary rendition. It was Clinton who stood by and did nothing about Rwanda. It was Clinton to continued Bush's policies in Iraq.

Bush's invasion of Iraq, IIRC, wasn't exactly received swimmingly. I remember protesting it when I was in college (although, ironically, now I'd probably have supported it).

I'm not saying that America was as reviled as it is now, but there were certainly very legitimate complaints about US foreign policy prior to Bush. But like I said earlier, Bush makes everyone before him look like a total amateur at sucking.

This may work in Obama's favor.

After Bush, we can all realise, as bad as it may be at the time, it could be plenty worse.
post #99 of 130
Quote:

edit. cant be bothered.

Go Obama!
post #100 of 130
So, are we going to discuss the CNN 'Hologram' thing, or will we all just agree it never happened?
post #101 of 130
so Im wondering like I do....

How long before there is the quintessential false-flag terrorist attack to send the message home to Obama that he has to play along the rules of the agenda.?
post #102 of 130
Quote:

Is there really a comparison here?
Quote:

You can't just throw that out there without an explanation.
Quote:

The cowboy that was respected and feared.
Quote:

Which is what I said, so what's the problem.
post #103 of 130
Quote:

Does this mean you have a refrigerator now that you got your shit together?

You'll find it so incomprehensible coming from the land of possessions=happiness , but I have spent the last few months getting rid of almost everything I own, I've even emptied and closed off half of my place now I have no need for the space.

Im sure that might seem odd, because I think we have all been brainwashed into believing that stuff makes us happy, but stuff actually pisses me off, Its a burden - I guess I am not a marketers dream.

What makes me happy is knowing that soon, I am going to be seeing images like this for real - hopefully, its not the best time in the cycle to see them. And frankly, I would swap a million 'stuffs' for a glimpse of this.

post #104 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by nordkapp View Post

You'll find it so incomprehensible coming from the land of possessions=happiness , but I have spent the last few months getting rid of almost everything I own, I've even emptied and closed off half of my place now I have no need for the space.

Im sure that might seem odd, because I think we have all been brainwashed into believing that stuff makes us happy, but stuff actually pisses me off, Its a burden - I guess I am not a marketers dream.

What makes me happy is knowing that soon, I am going to be seeing images like this for real - hopefully, its not the best time in the cycle to see them. And frankly, I would swap a million 'stuffs' for a glimpse of this.

I can see where your coming from, but some , if not most of us like to be surrounded by stuff that makes us comfortable, favorite chair, cold beer when I want it, etc.

Anyway, good luck on your great adventure and check in often with your insights and pics.
post #105 of 130
Quote:

Iraq...

Kenya...

Jerusalem...

Moscow...

post #106 of 130
Kuwait...

Jakarta, Indonesia...

India...

Philippines...

post #107 of 130
Greece...

Japan...

France...

Senegal...

post #108 of 130
London...

Denmark...

China...

post #109 of 130
The Economist's Global Electoral College.
post #110 of 130
Global electoral-college votes:

Republican ----------Democrat

203----------------9,115

Recount!!!!
post #111 of 130
Quote:

You have a new take on the Mess in Mesopotamia?

Care to share?
post #112 of 130
Quote:

You have a new take on the Mess in Mesopotamia?

Care to share?

OH shit. I totally misspoke. I meant the Gulf War ONE, which was when I was in college. Fucking muscle memory...I type "Bush" and "Iraq" in the same sentence and I start talking about invasions.

Apologies for the confusion.
post #113 of 130
Much of the world is elated, and the booing crowd from McCain's speech made it on CNN:

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS...ers/index.html

Was at an electronics shop when the news came on this morning... A small group of about 10 people gathered, as they are quite interested in the American election. McCain's speech was shown, with the booing. Some of the customers turned away in disgust. The same people commented on the graciousness of the Obama crowd that applauded for McCain. Someone said, "They are the real Americans, and thankfully there are a lot of them."

I am so proud of the country for having elected Obama, and so ashamed of the pathetic immaturity the Republicans have tried to cultivate.

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

post #114 of 130
Quote:

OH shit. I totally misspoke. I meant the Gulf War ONE, which was when I was in college. Fucking muscle memory...I type "Bush" and "Iraq" in the same sentence and I start talking about invasions.

Apologies for the confusion.

It happens.
post #115 of 130
Quote:

We were?

Much more than now.

Well now that I've got through the rest of your posts I see what you meant.

And I knew you were talking about Bush Sr. It's just that countries we've even considered as allies have had second thoughts about us recently.

I'm not surpirsed that other countries are relieved Obama won.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #116 of 130
Quote:

Don't know why I bother.

Hind sight? Fucking hind sight?

Everyone with half a brain new Palin was a joke from day one, you did didn't you?

At least trumptman wasn't about to stick around after his endorsement of her.

Slow down hot foot. You're going to get a speeding ticket.

My comment was intended for Romney as the VP pick. Looking back (aka hind sight), with the credit crisis, Romney may have been a better pick. Palin helped energize the base. Which McCain needed too. Had the issues turned to prolife and what not Palin would have been better than Romney.

I hope that wasn't a personal attack? Those aren't allowed here.
post #117 of 130
Quote:

So, are we going to discuss the CNN 'Hologram' thing, or will we all just agree it never happened?

Yea that was fucked up and stupid.
post #118 of 130
Quote:

Yea that was fucked up and stupid.

"Fucked up and stupid" would be more along the lines of someone not knowing that Africa is a continent and/or someone voting for that person as VP.
post #119 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by giant View Post

"Fucked up and stupid" would be more along the lines of someone not knowing that Africa is a continent and/or someone voting for that person as VP.

Okay? I think it's great that people vote for Obama (and maybe even that himbo Biden).
post #120 of 130
Quote:

Okay? I think it's great that people vote for Obama (and maybe even that himbo Biden).

Everything that's wrong with the modern republican party and what's led to where they are today can be summed up in the attitude of one sentence.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › AI Official Results Thread