or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iPhone with no contract at the USA?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iPhone with no contract at the USA?

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
Hey guys,

I'm gonna visit the states soon and I'm interested in knowing if I can somehow/somewhere buy an iPhone with no contract.

It's ok if I'll have to pay some fine or to pwn the phone - please just tell me about the method.

Thanks
post #2 of 10
Thread Starter 
Someone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirand View Post

Hey guys,

I'm gonna visit the states soon and I'm interested in knowing if I can somehow/somewhere buy an iPhone with no contract.

It's ok if I'll have to pay some fine or to pwn the phone - please just tell me about the method.

Thanks
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lirand View Post

Someone?

Don't ask me mate, I'm in Australia.

Apparently the Italian one's are unlocked.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #4 of 10
Thread Starter 
Thanks man, but I'm looking to get one at the USA...

There must be a way... I see lots of Americans offer them on eBay....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Don't ask me mate, I'm in Australia.

Apparently the Italian one's are unlocked.
post #5 of 10
They don't sell new phones without a contract here (neither Apple or AT&T.) Though AT&T says they will "in the future"... no specific date.

Your best bet will be to locate a used phone ... lots of those out there. When you get home, just pop in a SIM card from your carrier of choice (or you may need to use Apple's carrier of choice to use all the iPhones data functions... I dunno.)
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
Reply
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
Reply
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lirand View Post

Hey guys,

I'm gonna visit the states soon and I'm interested in knowing if I can somehow/somewhere buy an iPhone with no contract.

It's ok if I'll have to pay some fine or to pwn the phone - please just tell me about the method.

Thanks

Do you mean an unlocked iPhone 3G that you can use outside of the USA? Is this the phone you want? Please reply back on this thread I want to give away my white iPhone 3G ... but it is AT&T locked.

When you say Pwn the phone, right now you can only jailbreak it but not Unlock the phone, if the iPhone 3G was originally locked to that country's mobile phone carrier.
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

...Your best bet will be to locate a used phone ... lots of those out there. When you get home, just pop in a SIM card from your carrier of choice (or you may need to use Apple's carrier of choice to use all the iPhones data functions... I dunno.)

You have to get a FULLY UNLOCKED iPhone 3G if you want to do this...! Only from places like Italy, Belgium, Singapore... and it must be genuinely from that country, not just sold by someone *in* that country.
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lirand View Post

...There must be a way... I see lots of Americans offer them on eBay....

Some of these are claimed to be "unlocked" by a SIM-hack method which is unstable. I have a fully unlocked iPhone 3G from Singapore, no SIM-hack required. The iPhone 3G experience, is perfect.

Please think carefully before you get an iPhone 3G from the USA. I suggest to you, don't make the mistake I made. A lot of scams claiming to "unlock" the iPhone 3G.

Including one at the bottom of this page served to Google Ads, for example.
post #9 of 10
If in doubt, buy a Next-SIM 3G chip from Spider-Foot.

They seem to be all out right now, but I just bought two of them from them last week. And got one over a year ago. Worked like a charm! This is a hardware worldwide SIM unlock, so you'll be safe.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

If in doubt, buy a Next-SIM 3G chip from Spider-Foot.

They seem to be all out right now, but I just bought two of them from them last week. And got one over a year ago. Worked like a charm! This is a hardware worldwide SIM unlock, so you'll be safe.

Ireland, I don't mean to be a wet blanket, but for the iPhone 3G, this SIM unlock thing, would it work past 2-3 weeks? Do update us. Most of these SIM hacks work well for about 2 weeks then things go wonky.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iPhone with no contract at the USA?