or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The Generational Blind Spot-BOOM!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Generational Blind Spot-BOOM! - Page 3

post #81 of 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

I love is that the new meme on the right is to bitch and moan about an entire generation. I think there's hope for their new platform in 2012:
.

I was just remarking on this in another BBS, in that thread it was started by linking to several "e-mails I got" about "entitlements" and the 'good generation' that knew the value of hard-work etc.

There I predicted that it would be only a matter of time that this would be the subject of debate on cable et al.

I'm glad I'm not the only one picking up on it. I smell a very concerted grass-roots meme that is demonizing a generation in the name of Little-League and hard-time orphans in the Midwest of the Dust-bowl . . . except when you see "generation" you should actually plug in: people of color, the poor, liberals and of course the youth that voted for Obama.

This stuff is flying out of the 'think-tank' servers in e-mail droves, and always wrapped up in just folks golden-morning bitterness and resentment

for example, this is one of those e-mails:
Quote:
THOSE BORN 1920-1979
TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED the 1930's, 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's!!
First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while they were pregnant.
They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a can, and didn't get tested for diabetes.
Then after that trauma, we were put to sleep on our tummies in baby cribs covered with bright colored lead-based paints.
We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets and when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets, not to mention, the risks we took hitchhiking.
As infants &children, we would ride in cars with no car seats, booster seats, seat belts or air bags.
Riding in the back of a pick up on a warm day was always a special treat.
We drank water from the garden hose and NOT from a bottle.
We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no lawsuits from these accidents.
We ate worms and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did not live in us forever.
We were given BB guns for our 10th birthdays, made up games with sticks and tennis balls and, although we were told it would happen, we did not poke out very many eyes.
We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang the bell, or just walked in and talked to them!
Little League had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment. Imagine that!!
The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of. They actually sided with the law!
These generations have produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solvers and inventors ever!
The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas.

We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned HOW TO DEAL WITH IT ALL!
If YOU are one of them CONGRATULATIONS!
You might want to share this with others who have had the luck to grow up as kids, before the lawyers and the government regulated so much of our lives for our own good .
While you are at it, forward it to your kids so they will know how brave (and lucky) their parents were.
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

Reply
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

Reply
post #82 of 452
Conveniently, those dark times ended when Reagan came to power.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #83 of 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Yes and not every article about Bush happens to mention that Bush is a Boomer.

When the Klan is writing about a Klan president discussing the mostly Klan congress passing huge bills that require a printing press. It is a Klan bill and a Klan action.

tftfy

For the 5th time the article does not contain the words;

Boom
Boomer
Boomers
Baby
Baby Boom
Baby Boomer
Baby Boomers
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #84 of 452
The buck stops at the President's office. Last time I checked that was Bush the Boomer! \

Bush the Boomer is our current President, therefore the Bush the Boomer administration is 100% responsible for our current and immediate future economic situations.

Bush the Boomer's own OMB itself claims all of Fiscal Year 2009 to be Bush the Boomer's last fiscal year.

So we all can blame Bush the Boomer at least 100% until September 30, 2009.

Bush the Boomer has signed spending bills that expire on March 6th of next year.

Bush the Boomer did it, I know he did it, and I can prove it.

Bush the Boomer and a Republican led congress increased the gross public debt at a rate of ...

$1.542 billion/day or $542 billion/year like clockwork (FY2002-8 inclusive).

Bush the Boomer!

So far this year, the federal deficit stands at $401 billion, for all of two months.

Bush the Boomer!

Republican led administrations have contributed ~84% to our gross national debt from Eisenhower through to the end of this fiscal year (projected for Bush the Boomer if Obama does noting).

In fact, the gross public debt will have increased by $666 Billion/year under the Bush the Boomer administration.

666? The Number of the Beast! Bush the Beast, err, Bush the Boomer Beast!

Bush the Boomer Beast!

Bush the Boomer Beast did it, I know he did it, and I just proved it.

Bush the Boomer Beast!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #85 of 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Yes and not every article about the Klan happens to mention that the people under the sheets are white.

When a Boomer is writing about a Boomer president discussing the mostly Boomer ongress passing huge bills that require a printing press. It is a Boomer bill and a Boomer action.

BOOMERS!BOOMERS!BOOMERS!

Just for good measure.


Quote:
Yes and not every article about the Klan happens to mention that the people under the sheets are white.

So you thought you'd just fill in the blanks for us?

Uh yeah.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #86 of 452
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #87 of 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post


Dear Mother of Gawd.

<spooky music>I hear one...a boomer from beyond the grave...tell us George, tell us again...we beseech thee...</spooky music>
post #88 of 452
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

tftfy

For the 5th time the article does not contain the words;

Boom
Boomer
Boomers
Baby
Baby Boom
Baby Boomer
Baby Boomers

Fifth time... sounds like spam to me along with excessive and off-topic images.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #89 of 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Fifth time... sounds like spam to me along with excessive and off-topic images.

That's funny because this topic covers a wide range of issues. My link justifies this.

But not in your mind though. But keep typing, I wouldn't want your head to explode.
post #90 of 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

That's funny because this topic covers a wide range of issues. My link justifies this.

But not in your mind though. But keep typing, I wouldn't want your head to explode.

Exactly!

The imagery of that individual squirming at the other end as they try to rationalize their ...

Seriously funny stuff being posted in this here thread.

What's wrong with today's youth, you know all those individuals under the age of forty?

They're all sub-prime, defaulting on their mortgages, dumber than doorknobs, fatter than elephants, totally maxed out on all manner and forms of credit, wandering the streets homeless, have been unemployed like forever, living off of food stamps (literally, they are actually eating food stamps (see doorknobs above)), having children out of wedlock, collecting welfare checks, robbing banks and each other, killing each other with their dumsticks, haven't stopped beating their spouses yet, buggering their and other people's children, on, and on, and on, ..., ad infinitum, ad nauseam.

That's about the best impersonation that I can do.

It about sums up the totality of this scapegoating thread.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #91 of 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

What's wrong with today's youth, you know all those individuals under the age of forty?

They're all sub-prime, defaulting on their mortgages, dumber than doorknobs, fatter than elephants, totally maxed out on all manner and forms of credit, wandering the streets homeless, have been unemployed like forever, living of off food stamps (literally, they are actually eating food stamps (see doorknobs above)), having children out of wedlock, collecting welfare checks, robbing banks and each other, killing each other with their dumsticks, haven't stopped beating their spouses yet, buggering their and other people's children, on, and on, and on, ..., ad infinitum, ad nauseam.

You seem to have left out "cooking meth".....
eye
bee
BEE
Reply
eye
bee
BEE
Reply
post #92 of 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Fifth time... sounds like spam to me along with excessive and off-topic images.

You're so fond of talking about things coming home to roost. What's really coming home to roost is the truth about Bush and what's been going on in the Whitehouse for 8 years. It's not pretty now and it's going to get worse before it gets better.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #93 of 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

The economic crisis is just a media conspiracy.

O'Reilly and Rove said so, so it must be true.

This is hilarious!!!

Prolepsis
Making excuses before hand
also known as covering their asses
When it comes to pass that their ideological nemesis actually does manage to have a positive impact on the economy then they need not acknowledge it, and if the media was right and its truly awful and Obama is not able to do much then they get their cake on that end as well.

The [people] have nothing to lose but their [Hannity, O'Rielly, Roves]. They have their [peace of minds] to win.
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

Reply
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

Reply
post #94 of 452
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

That's funny because this topic covers a wide range of issues. My link justifies this.

But not in your mind though. But keep typing, I wouldn't want your head to explode.

Keep ranting because I wasn't even talking about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

Exactly!

The imagery of that individual squirming at the other end as they try to rationalize their ...

Seriously funny stuff being posted in this here thread.

What's wrong with today's youth, you know all those individuals under the age of forty?

They're all sub-prime, defaulting on their mortgages, dumber than doorknobs, fatter than elephants, totally maxed out on all manner and forms of credit, wandering the streets homeless, have been unemployed like forever, living off of food stamps (literally, they are actually eating food stamps (see doorknobs above)), having children out of wedlock, collecting welfare checks, robbing banks and each other, killing each other with their dumsticks, haven't stopped beating their spouses yet, buggering their and other people's children, on, and on, and on, ..., ad infinitum, ad nauseam.

That's about the best impersonation that I can do.

It about sums up the totality of this scapegoating thread.

Yes well you can repeat yourself and add images to the repetition in an attempt to derail the thread. I mean it IS what you do instead of engage the ideas. Still I'll call it what it happens to be which is spamming.

There are some greeks that seem to be rioting quite a bit when described much like you suggest. I'll give you a hint, blame their parents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post

You seem to have left out "cooking meth".....

We have to have some domestic to produce. Even growing pot has been outsourced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

You're so fond of talking about things coming home to roost. What's really coming home to roost is the truth about Bush and what's been going on in the Whitehouse for 8 years. It's not pretty now and it's going to get worse before it gets better.

You fail to see the overall pattern. You condemn Bush for being a warmonger, yet Obama voted for FISA, wants a domestic force, and will not abandon Pax Americana. You condemn Bush for being a spender and fail to note the trillion dollar spending plans lining up for President Obama to sign. You see Bush as the end of the trend instead of realizing he is the beginning of it.

He had to be a "compassionate conservative" who "left no child behind" passed "campaign finance reform" and added a medicare drug benefit all while believing he could be the cop for the world. The guy after him claims to be more compassionate, claims to want to do more for the kids, by passed reform since he defines himself as reform and wants to not only be the cop for the world but lead it in unison to nirvanna where there are no invisible walls, the bloggers are safe and all historical problems are solved.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #95 of 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

There are some greeks that seem to be rioting quite a bit when described much like you suggest. I'll give you a hint, blame their parents.

Just want to mention that there have been peaceful protests by the young Greeks too. But I don't expect you or anyone else to know this...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Jtxb9AL8Xf...s1600-h/14.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Jtxb9AL8Xf...-h/spL02_L.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Jtxb9AL8Xf...-h/spL03_L.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Jtxb9AL8Xf...-h/spL05_L.jpg

...blame who now? (Images were being blocked, so here's their URLS)

Quote:
We have to have some domestic to produce. Even growing pot has been outsourced.

On change.gov...

Quote:
Q: "Will you consider legalizing marijuana so that the government can regulate it, tax it, put age limits on it, and create millions of new jobs and create a billion dollar industry right here in the U.S.?" S. Man, Denton

A: President-elect Obama is not in favor of the legalization of marijuana.

My disappointment is not the decision, but it's terseness. I had expected better. But I feel that in some ways I would agree that the youngsters have this wrong right now, it's ill-timed. We need to stimulate the economy.

How?

Set aside the one half of the plant and lift the ban on the other. Lifting the ban on Hemp growing and production for goods (countless to even list) would stimulate the economy, create many jobs and businesses and if successful could eventually remove the stigma of the other. Possibly giving it a chance for decriminalization or legalization.

I personally think it would be e brilliant move if Obama took this idea. But it won't happen. As you know too many powers at play, such as the agricorps, chemicalcorps and the prison industrial complex.

I'm not at all saying that I approve of this or all of Obama's decisions or policies. But there is always something and someone I look back on, and then I realize that time and events will take it's course with his policies and decision making.

When he becomes president.


Quote:
You fail to see the overall pattern. You condemn Bush for being a warmonger, yet Obama voted for FISA, wants a domestic force, and will not abandon Pax Americana. You condemn Bush for being a spender and fail to note the trillion dollar spending plans lining up for President Obama to sign. You see Bush as the end of the trend instead of realizing he is the beginning of it.

He had to be a "compassionate conservative" who "left no child behind" passed "campaign finance reform" and added a medicare drug benefit all while believing he could be the cop for the world. The guy after him claims to be more compassionate, claims to want to do more for the kids, by passed reform since he defines himself as reform and wants to not only be the cop for the world but lead it in unison to nirvanna where there are no invisible walls, the bloggers are safe and all historical problems are solved.

The usual, I'll let the others take their stab at this repetitious bullshit.

post #96 of 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Yes well you can repeat yourself and add images to the repetition in an attempt to derail the thread. I mean it IS what you do instead of engage the ideas. Still I'll call it what it happens to be which is spamming.

If it is spamming, then report it to lundy.

Please, oh pretty please.

Oh, BTW I can not derail that which does not exist.

Do I need to point out this one salient fact for the 6th time?
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #97 of 452
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

If it is spamming, then report it to lundy.

Please, oh pretty please.

Oh, BTW I can not derail that which does not exist.

Do I need to point out this one salient fact for the 6th time?

Here ya go Frank. I found an article that makes all the same salient points I am making and even points out that that the KKK has white people under the hoods.

It says boomer to make it hard for even you to avoid.

A few of the best points.... which I am sure you will now find another reason to dismiss...

Quote:
The Baby Boom Generation will never be mistaken for the Greatest Generation - the one that survived the Great Depression and won World War II. I hate to tell you, Boomers, but putting a yellow ribbon on the back of your $50,000 SUV doesnt count as a sacrifice. Our claim to fame is living way beyond our means for the last 3 decades, and weve virtually bankrupted our capitalist system.

Baby Boomers have been occupying the White House for the last 16 years. The majority of Congress is Baby Boomers. The CEOs and top executives of Wall Street firms are Baby Boomers. The media is dominated by Baby Boom executives and talent. We have no one to blame but ourselves for the current predicament. Baby Boomers had the time, power, and ability to change our course. We have chosen to leave the heavy lifting to future generations in order to live the good life today.

Quote:
Its clear that all Baby Boomers are not created equal. Based on calculations made by the Federal Reserve, at least 50% of Boomers wont have a happy retirement. The bottom 30% will reach the age of 65 with a net worth of less than $100,000. They will try to subsist in poverty, dependent upon Social Security and part time Wal-Mart jobs until they die peniless. The top 30% will retire to lives of luxury and leisure. The middle 40% will muddle through with on Social Security payments - the only thing keeping them from an old age in poverty.

The only thing I would add to that is since Social Security is filled with bonds that aren't really worth anything unless we raise taxes to pay them back (the boomers already spent the cash) then S.S. is bankrupt too which means 70% of Boomers are going to be broke in retirement.

Quote:
The banks made a bad business decision in making those loans. But the taxpayer wasnt involved in these business transactions. This is where Hank Paulson, Ben Bernanke and George W. Bush, formerly free-market capitalists, decided to commit our grandchildrens money to bailing out the horribly run financial institutions. Our government has chosen to allow these banks off the hook for their bad business decisions at taxpayers expense.

Rewarding bad decisions and bad behavior will lead to more bad decisions and more bad behavior. Now the Federal Reserve has lowered interest rates to 1% again. And this is where this nightmare started: The massive printing of currency throughout the world will ultimately lead to a hyperinflationary bust. The law of unintended consequences can be devastating.

Two points... one Obama and the Congress want to spend even more of the grandkids money and run the presses even more and two... some asshole around here keeps sounding the same warning only I guess in his case it is hate speech in that case.

Quote:
The Boomer generation has freely made choices over the last quarter-century that has brought us to the brink of a second Great Depression.

During the current Bush administration, Americans savings rate actually went below zero, while household debt as a percentage of GDP soared above 130%. These figures prove the apparent prosperity of the last 25 years was an illusion.

Twenty-five years... but that can't be for the Jimmacs of the world who only know that there is no more Bush and it was only the last 8 years that ever did any harm to anything anywhere.... EVAR!!11!!

Quote:
The priorities of our Boomer-led society are clearly born out in the above figures. We spend more on restaurants than on charity. We spend as much on big-screen TVs and stereos as we do on education. This may explain why 37 million (12.5%) of all Americans live in poverty, and our high-school students trail the students of 25 other countries (including Latvia) in science and math knowledge.

The $160 billion spent on gambling is indicative of the get-rich-quick attitude of the Boomer generation. Even worse, households with incomes under $13,000 spend, on average, $645 a year on lottery tickets, about 9% of all their income. Our government feeds this addiction by siphoning off billions in taxes from these gambling revenues to redistribute as they see fit.

What the data proves is that Boomers love to shop and eat, whether they have the money to do so or not.

Such HATEFUL speech... .how dare he analyze and draw conclusions from data by age. Why that is just hateful, wrong and of course... hateful.

Hate, hate, hate!

Quote:
Based on the recent actions of our government and corporate leaders, we seem to lack any ethics at all. Its immoral for the Boomer generation to run up $53 trillion in unfunded future liabilities in Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid to leave as our gift to future generations while we live it up today. Optimists like to point out that Europe and Japan have much worse unfunded liability problems than the US. Thats like taking pride in being the best-looking horse at the glue factory. In the end, well all still be glue.

Bingo bongo. It isn't a Republican thing, a Democratic thing or even a U.S. thing. It is a generational thing.

Quote:
Part two of the great Boomer credit contraction will be the collapse of the credit card companies, who have mailed out 27 billion credit card offers in the last 5 years. Theyre now reaping what they were at such pains to sow. As Boomers could no longer borrow on their homes, they switched to credit cards to make mortgage payments and car payments.

But that well is running dry. Losses in the first half of 2008 soared to $21 billion. Losses are expected to total $55 billion in the next year and a half.

This brings me to the latest outrage perpetrated on US citizens by Hank Paulson and his Treasury cronies. The credit-card industry, which collects 23% interest and $12 billion in late fees from consumers, is lining up to get their piece of the $700 billion bank handout. Capital One (COF) has just received a $3.6 billion injection from the American taxpayer, one week after projecting that their write-offs will be $7.2 billion in the next 12 months. This will allow them to send another million offers to more people who shouldnt have a credit card. Why arent the pundits on CNBC outraged at this misuse of taxpayer money? Would the bankruptcy of Capital One hurt our country in any way?

The Great American Empire has begun its long slow decline. It may take a few generations to reach its nadir, but our Boomer-dominated leadership have put our country on a path to a declining standard of living.

Just for clarification who was it that did this... BOOMER baby... BOOMER...

Quote:
The facts: We have a $10.5 trillion national debt; $53 trillion of unfunded liabilities; a military empire that has US troops in 117 countries and has spent $700 billion on a pre-emptive war that has killed over 4,000 Americans; a $60 billion trade deficit; an annual budget deficit that will exceed $1 trillion in the next year; a crumbling infrastructure with 156,000 structurally deficient bridges; almost total dependence on foreign oil; and an educational system that is failing miserably. We cant fund guns, butter, banks and now car companies without collapsing our system.

Ultimately, its up to the Baby Boom generation to change our countrys course. The oldest Boomer is 62 years old; the youngest is 45 years old. It is time for Boomers to take a hard look in the mirror and rethink their priorities. It is time to cast aside the $88,000 Range Rovers, $1,200 Jimmy Choo boots, $5,000 Rolex watches and daily double lattes at Starbucks. Its time to live within your means, distinguish between needs and wants, reduce debt, save 10% of your income, make sure your kids get a good education, show compassion for your fellow man, and possibly pay more taxes and get less benefits, for the good of the country.

That top part is what I just love most. Bush and war.. Bush and war... great. You eliminate that and you dealt with 700 billion over several years. How the hell does that address the $64 TRILLION and rising amount obligations that the government has committed to and want to grow even more with more stimulus, more bailouts, more ...more...more.

I'm sad that some asshold started some $100 billion a year war. Can we please stop talking about the splinter and look at the damn plank in our eye? The one that is in multiples of trillions and is getting ready to explode and this with the printing presses already running and getting ready to go print even more than ever before.

The printing press... you know... that thing I referenced in the first article... the one that didn't say Boomer. We don't need to worry about the press because it didn't say Boomer. The printing press won't hurt anyone when it destroys our currency because the article didn't say boomer. The deficits won't hurt anyone because they didn't have the label boomer either.

Boomer, boomer, boomer, boomer.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #98 of 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Here ya go Frank.

An op-ed bias with intent hit piece.

Quote:
Minyanville is a media company that creates branded content to entertain and educate audiences about the world of finance. Led by a cast of "Critters" including Hoofy the Bull and Boo The Bear, Minyanville highlights the need for better financial understanding.

Minyanville specializes in the area of financial infotainment. The company's promise is to "Secure Your Future, Feed Your Brain, and Make You Smile."
Targeting a variety of segments--from kids ...

Quote:
Editor's Note: James Quinn is a senior director of strategic planning for a major university. James has held high level financial positions with a retailer, homebuilder and a university in his 22-year career.



That seems to be all that you are ever capable of offering up.

Why is that?

Get back to me when you have some undisputable objective data to support all your current spurious claims.

TYVM!

Seriously funny stuff there.

Seriously.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #99 of 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

An op-ed bias with intent hit piece.

That seems to be all that you are ever capable of offering up.

Why is that?

Hate. Hate. Hate.
post #100 of 452
Wow, 25 years ago it started, near the end of Regan's first term.
One of the rights shining lights started it and it's pitiful light weight continuing it while a democrat balanced the budget in between.

I suppose Regan and Bush 1 were boomers huh?
post #101 of 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by screener View Post

Wow, 25 years ago it started, near the end of Regan's first term.
One of the rights shining lights started it and it's pitiful light weight continuing it while a democrat balanced the budget in between.

I suppose Regan and Bush 1 were boomers huh?

Well no, Reagan, Clinton, and Bush II..."and one national delusion".

Joseph E. Stiglitz lists five things...

Italics mine

Quote:
No. 1: Firing the Chairman - Reagan administration replaces Paul Volcker with Alan (Bubble) Greenspan

No. 2: Tearing Down the Walls - Congress repeals the Glass-Steagall Act, via Senator Phil Gramm

No. 3: Applying the Leeches - Bush II tax cuts

No. 4: Faking the Numbers - Congress passes Sarbanes-Oxley Act, or what was a bastardized version of it

No. 5: Letting It Bleed - Passage of a bailout package on October 3, 2008

Quote:
The truth is most of the individual mistakes boil down to just one: a belief that markets are self-adjusting and that the role of government should be minimal. Looking back at that belief during hearings this fall on Capitol Hill, Alan Greenspan said out loud, “I have found a flaw.” Congressman Henry Waxman pushed him, responding, “In other words, you found that your view of the world, your ideology, was not right; it was not working.” “Absolutely, precisely,” Greenspan said. The embrace by America—and much of the rest of the world—of this flawed economic philosophy made it inevitable that we would eventually arrive at the place we are today.

The word "boomer" is not mentioned in this article.

Neither was Clinton actually, but he could have seen the shit heading toward the fan on his watch too.
post #102 of 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by screener View Post

Wow, 25 years ago it started, near the end of Regan's first term.
One of the rights shining lights started it and it's pitiful light weight continuing it while a democrat balanced the budget in between.

I suppose Regan and Bush 1 were boomers huh?

This whole thread is based off of a seriously flawed premise. At least, the parts from PO's favorite ...

AKA a non sequitur;

Quote:
Non sequitur (Latin for "it does not follow."), in formal logic, is an argument where its conclusion does not follow from its premises.[1]
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #103 of 452
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

An op-ed bias with intent hit piece.

That seems to be all that you are ever capable of offering up.

Why is that?

Is there anyone or anything that can claim to offer proof of the FUTURE?

If you have proof of all future events, undisputable objective data that can tell precisely how the future is going to turn out, please share.

Oh wait.. all we have is past trends and the ability to suggest future predictions based on those past trends.... I guess perhaps now you should be smart enough to realize that with regard to the future it is all an op-ed. No one is reporting news from the future today.

Quote:
Get back to me when you have some undisputable objective data to support all your current spurious claims.

TYVM!

Seriously funny stuff there.

Seriously.

What is seriously funny is the fact that you want objective data about future events. As I noted, you would just find another way to dismiss that which you don't care to address or discuss.

See, I did a pretty good job or predicting the future right there. Of course I couldn't claim it as fact before it happened. It was just opinion then, but now since it is the past, it has been confirmed as fact that this is the way you operate. Enjoy your blinders past present and future versions. Let me know when you find those undisputable facts from the future that we can report on in the present. You wouldn't happen to have some undisputable objective data as to who is going to win the Super Bowl this year do you? I wouldn't mind making a bet or two.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #104 of 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Is there anyone or anything that can claim to offer proof of the FUTURE?

If you have proof of all future events, undisputable objective data that can tell precisely how the future is going to turn out, please share.

Oh wait.. all we have is past trends and the ability to suggest future predictions based on those past trends.... I guess perhaps now you should be smart enough to realize that with regard to the future it is all an op-ed. No one is reporting news from the future today.



What is seriously funny is the fact that you want objective data about future events. As I noted, you would just find another way to dismiss that which you don't care to address or discuss.

See, I did a pretty good job or predicting the future right there. Of course I couldn't claim it as fact before it happened. It was just opinion then, but now since it is the past, it has been confirmed as fact that this is the way you operate. Enjoy your blinders past present and future versions. Let me know when you find those undisputable facts from the future that we can report on in the present. You wouldn't happen to have some undisputable objective data as to who is going to win the Super Bowl this year do you? I wouldn't mind making a bet or two.

[CENTER]

^Gibberish^
[/CENTER]
[LEFT]Cherry picking

Quote:
Cherry picking is the act of pointing at individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position, while ignoring a significant portion of related cases or data that may contradict that position.

Consumer Expenditure Survey

Quote:
The Consumer Expenditure Survey (CE) is a national account conducted by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) of the United States Department of Labor and administered by the Census Bureau.

The BLS is the actual agency where the survey data can be found;

BLS's Consumer Expenditure Survey

From the cherry picking article posted above by PO's favorite ...

Quote:
Early in the first Reagan administration Americans saved 12% of their income; household debt as a percentage of GDP was 63%. In 1980, the oldest Baby Boomers turned 34. They entered their prime earnings and spending years. This is when something went haywire with our great country. Deficit spending became fashionable for government, corporations and individuals. As we now know, Dick Cheneys advice about deficits (i.e. that they dont matter) was about as good as his belief that you can fire a shotgun in any direction without implications. The Boomer generation has freely made choices over the last quarter-century that has brought us to the brink of a second Great Depression.

During the current Bush administration, Americans savings rate actually went below zero, while household debt as a percentage of GDP soared above 130%. These figures prove the apparent prosperity of the last 25 years was an illusion. Early in the first Reagan administration Americans saved 12% of their income; household debt as a percentage of GDP was 63%. In 1980, the oldest Baby Boomers turned 34. They entered their prime earnings and spending years. This is when something went haywire with our great country. Deficit spending became fashionable for government, corporations and individuals. As we now know, Dick Cheneys advice about deficits (i.e. that they dont matter) was about as good as his belief that you can fire a shotgun in any direction without implications. The Boomer generation has freely made choices over the last quarter-century that has brought us to the brink of a second Great Depression.

During the current Bush administration, Americans savings rate actually went below zero, while household debt as a percentage of GDP soared above 130%. These figures prove the apparent prosperity of the last 25 years was an illusion.

The sections appear a 2nd time verbatim. Why? No editor perhaps? Ah, I get it. This POS was written by a clueless n00b!

Who edited this POS anyway? Do they really have to repeat themselves, twice, verbatim?[/LEFT]
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #105 of 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Is there anyone or anything that can claim to offer proof of the FUTURE?

If you have proof of all future events, undisputable objective data that can tell precisely how the future is going to turn out, please share.

Oh wait.. all we have is past trends and the ability to suggest future predictions based on those past trends.... I guess perhaps now you should be smart enough to realize that with regard to the future it is all an op-ed. No one is reporting news from the future today.



What is seriously funny is the fact that you want objective data about future events. As I noted, you would just find another way to dismiss that which you don't care to address or discuss.

See, I did a pretty good job or predicting the future right there. Of course I couldn't claim it as fact before it happened. It was just opinion then, but now since it is the past, it has been confirmed as fact that this is the way you operate. Enjoy your blinders past present and future versions. Let me know when you find those undisputable facts from the future that we can report on in the present. You wouldn't happen to have some undisputable objective data as to who is going to win the Super Bowl this year do you? I wouldn't mind making a bet or two.


Quote:
Is there anyone or anything that can claim to offer proof of the FUTURE

You certainly can't. You've been wrong about 2 elections now.

But I'll make a prediction. It will be more and more difficult for you to make these rediculous claims ( and people will be less accepting ) as time goes on.

But by all means keep it up.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #106 of 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

You certainly can't. You've been wrong about 2 elections now.

But I'll make a prediction. It will be more and more difficult for you to make these rediculous claims ( and people will be less accepting ) as time goes on.

But by all means keep it up.

Here's the funny thing, the future, yes, the future.

I never mentioned the word future, not once.

But somehow, my asking for objective data, which no one could normally construe as future objective data (which by it's very nature is an oxymoron), but as past existing objective data.

Present the case with all demographic data for the entire U.S. population. D'oh!

People in their 40's, 50's, and 60's will always be in most positions of responsability regardless of the timeframe, for example, simply due to work experience and the longer time period that they have lived to acquire wealth or position.

But geez, I wonder which demographic is all driving around in all those 4 GPM RV's, still working baby boomers or pre-boom retirees?

I wonder how many post-boom and pre-boom people are sub-prime as a precentage, relative to boomers.

I wonder about the actual age demographics, and income demographics, of all those mortgage defaulters currently?

So you see I want existing demographic data, and I don't want cherry picked or massaged data where some of the underlying data has been lost, wherein the loss is clearly meant to be a bias with intent presentation.

I want all the raw data, so that I can form a first person informed objective opinion.

Is that too much to ask for? I don't think it is too much to ask for. \
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #107 of 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

Here's the funny thing, the future, yes, the future.

I never mentioned the word future, not once.

But somehow, my asking for objective data, which no one could normally construe as future objective data (which by it's very nature is an oxymoron), but as past existing objective data.

Present the case with all demographic data for the entire U.S. population. D'oh!

People in their 40's, 50's, and 60's will always be in most positions of responsability regardless of the timeframe, for example, simply due to work experience and the longer time period that they have lived to acquire wealth or position.

But geez, I wonder which demographic is all driving around in all those 4 GPM RV's, still working baby boomers or pre-boom retirees?

I wonder how many post-boom and pre-boom people are sub-prime as a precentage, relative to boomers.

I wonder about the actual age demographics, and income demographics, of all those mortgage defaulters currently?

So you see I want existing demographic data, and I don't want cherry picked or massaged data where some of the underlying data has been lost, wherein the loss is clearly meant to be a bias with intent presentation.

I want all the raw data, so that I can form a first person informed objective opinion.

Is that too much to ask for? I don't think it is too much to ask for. \

Data always refers to present or past tense. Future data can't be collected yet by it's very nature. It's factual. Not unless you have a time machine!
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #108 of 452
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

\t
I have not read the gibberish posted below.
[CENTER]

^Gibberish^
[/CENTER]
[LEFT]Cherry picking

Consumer Expenditure Survey

The BLS is the actual agency where the survey data can be found;

BLS's Consumer Expenditure Survey

From the cherry picking article posted above by PO's favorite ...

The sections appear a 2nd time verbatim. Why? No editor perhaps? Ah, I get it. This POS was written by a clueless n00b!

Who edited this POS anyway? Do they really have to repeat themselves, twice, verbatim?[/LEFT]

Of course you claim not to have read it and if you think noting that no one can present future facts is gibberish then it says something sad about your own mental state which is why you are ribbed even by Jimmac on this.

BTW, go be your own gopher. I don't have to convince you against your will. It isn't my job to throw enough information at you that you cannot sit in denial anymore or dismiss it when that is clearly what you desire to do instead of discuss it. You complained that an article written by a boomer discussing boomer actions didn't say boomer. So I went and got you one that did and now you want to complain that it doesn't have future facts, that because no one can prove the future that it is an op-ed, that you don't like the source, the editing job, that because it has a focus it has "cherry-picked", etc.

Enjoy your denial my friend because your whole generation has been in it for a long time. If you don't what my article presents then start posting something to refute it besides stupid cartoonish graphics and lame denials and dismissals. I started the thread with a source. I added to that source. You've done nothing but bitch and dismiss. Go do some work of your own or much like your generation, are you just used to dumping on the kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

You certainly can't. You've been wrong about 2 elections now.

But I'll make a prediction. It will be more and more difficult for you to make these rediculous claims ( and people will be less accepting ) as time goes on.

But by all means keep it up.

I don't think I ever predicted that McCain would win this election. If you check my posts, I repeatedly said that this election was Obama's to lose. I was wrong about the midterms but no one is perfect. Now that the media is clearly in the bag and everyone gets it who is polled on it, it will be easier to be more right in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

Here's the funny thing, the future, yes, the future.

I never mentioned the word future, not once.

But somehow, my asking for objective data, which no one could normally construe as future objective data (which by it's very nature is an oxymoron), but as past existing objective data.

Present the case with all demographic data for the entire U.S. population. D'oh!

People in their 40's, 50's, and 60's will always be in most positions of responsability regardless of the timeframe, for example, simply due to work experience and the longer time period that they have lived to acquire wealth or position.

But geez, I wonder which demographic is all driving around in all those 4 GPM RV's, still working baby boomers or pre-boom retirees?

I wonder how many post-boom and pre-boom people are sub-prime as a precentage, relative to boomers.

I wonder about the actual age demographics, and income demographics, of all those mortgage defaulters currently?

So you see I want existing demographic data, and I don't want cherry picked or massaged data where some of the underlying data has been lost, wherein the loss is clearly meant to be a bias with intent presentation.

I want all the raw data, so that I can form a first person informed objective opinion.

Is that too much to ask for? I don't think it is too much to ask for. \

If you wonder, then go find it. I'm not your research assistant. The fact that you've added nothing but demands and dismissals is why even someone who wants in no fashion to support me and desires in every fashion to support you is asking you to be real.

Is that too much to ask for... for me to pummel you with articles and data while you just dismiss and add nothing. It is too much for you to ask. Bring something to the table. If you think the article cherry-picks then don't post the definition because we all already know that. Go find the data that gives the whole story you think isn't being told.

I'm pretty sure you don't want to do that though because boomer are spenders and always have been. They are broke. I've been reading these things for years and anything that does any sort of generational accounting shows them to be screwed and selfish. Regardless of what you want to pretend, I didn't just come to this conclusion after this last election. I've posted it for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Data always refers to present or past tense. Future data can't be collected yet by it's very nature. It's factual. Not unless you have a time machine!

Shhhhh.... be nice. Denial is a hard thing to overcome. All he's asking for is a time machine. Isn't that reasonable. He can sit back and dismiss and deny and all I need is a time machine. He's being quite reasonable here.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #109 of 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Of course you claim not to have read it and if you think noting that no one can present future facts is gibberish then it says something sad about your own mental state which is why you are ribbed even by Jimmac on this.

BTW, go be your own gopher. I don't have to convince you against your will. It isn't my job to throw enough information at you that you cannot sit in denial anymore or dismiss it when that is clearly what you desire to do instead of discuss it. You complained that an article written by a boomer discussing boomer actions didn't say boomer. So I went and got you one that did and now you want to complain that it doesn't have future facts, that because no one can prove the future that it is an op-ed, that you don't like the source, the editing job, that because it has a focus it has "cherry-picked", etc.

Enjoy your denial my friend because your whole generation has been in it for a long time. If you don't what my article presents then start posting something to refute it besides stupid cartoonish graphics and lame denials and dismissals. I started the thread with a source. I added to that source. You've done nothing but bitch and dismiss. Go do some work of your own or much like your generation, are you just used to dumping on the kids.



I don't think I ever predicted that McCain would win this election. If you check my posts, I repeatedly said that this election was Obama's to lose. I was wrong about the midterms but no one is perfect. Now that the media is clearly in the bag and everyone gets it who is polled on it, it will be easier to be more right in the future.



If you wonder, then go find it. I'm not your research assistant. The fact that you've added nothing but demands and dismissals is why even someone who wants in no fashion to support me and desires in every fashion to support you is asking you to be real.

Is that too much to ask for... for me to pummel you with articles and data while you just dismiss and add nothing. It is too much for you to ask. Bring something to the table. If you think the article cherry-picks then don't post the definition because we all already know that. Go find the data that gives the whole story you think isn't being told.

I'm pretty sure you don't want to do that though because boomer are spenders and always have been. They are broke. I've been reading these things for years and anything that does any sort of generational accounting shows them to be screwed and selfish. Regardless of what you want to pretend, I didn't just come to this conclusion after this last election. I've posted it for a while.



Shhhhh.... be nice. Denial is a hard thing to overcome. All he's asking for is a time machine. Isn't that reasonable. He can sit back and dismiss and deny and all I need is a time machine. He's being quite reasonable here.

Don't use suberfuge or be obtuse. I was agreeing with him and you know it.


Quote:
I don't think I ever predicted that McCain would win this election. If you check my posts, I repeatedly said that this election was Obama's to lose. I was wrong about the midterms but no one is perfect. Now that the media is clearly in the bag and everyone gets it who is polled on it, it will be easier to be more right in the future

I thought you had your posts erased? Besides you started saying Obama would probably win when it became obvious. Like I've said I think Obama will be in there for 8 years and it's possible his successor will be a democrat.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #110 of 452
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Don't use suberfuge or be obtuse. I was agreeing with him and you know it.

I thought you had your posts erased? Besides you started saying Obama would probably win when it became obvious. Like I've said I think Obama will be in there for 8 years and it's possible his successor will be a democrat.

My posts are all here. You are welcome to search and find what you claimed I said and when I said it.

I argued it was closer than was claimed and wouldn't be as easy as claimed, but no one doubted the Republicans had a huge hill to climb this year and they still do. However it will become a lot easier once the great unwashed masses have no choice about figuring out who is governing and who is running up deficits with T's as the first letter.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #111 of 452
Thread Starter 
Yes. The obvious reason being you need to stop embarassing yourself.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #112 of 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Yes. The obvious reason being you need to stop embarassing yourself.

No comment to PO's favorite ...
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
post #113 of 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

Do you know how to spell lier,

LOL

Even misspelled, it counts.
--Johnny
Reply
--Johnny
Reply
post #114 of 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

My posts are all here. You are welcome to search and find what you claimed I said and when I said it.

I argued it was closer than was claimed and wouldn't be as easy as claimed, but no one doubted the Republicans had a huge hill to climb this year and they still do. However it will become a lot easier once the great unwashed masses have no choice about figuring out who is governing and who is running up deficits with T's as the first letter.

So now deficits matter again? Because for a while there they didn't, according to the Republicans. And apparently the American people agreed.

So now the same Republicans who didn't care about deficits are going to scream and moan about deficits, and expect the electorate to care?

And that was for deficits that didn't do most people any good, like spending on the war and tax cuts for the wealthy. Just imagine if deficit spending funded things like works programs, stuff that actually puts money into circulation.

How would you suggest the Republican Party explain, to the American people, that they are only OK with deficit spending for wars and tax cuts for the wealthy, but not when it funds things that might put money in the pockets of average Americans?
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #115 of 452
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

So now deficits matter again? Because for a while there they didn't, according to the Republicans. And apparently the American people agreed.

So now the same Republicans who didn't care about deficits are going to scream and moan about deficits, and expect the electorate to care?

And that was for deficits that didn't do most people any good, like spending on the war and tax cuts for the wealthy. Just imagine if deficit spending funded things like works programs, stuff that actually puts money into circulation.

How would you suggest the Republican Party explain, to the American people, that they are only OK with deficit spending for wars and tax cuts for the wealthy, but not when it funds things that might put money in the pockets of average Americans?

Perhaps there are degrees of a word and not just absolutes.

So perhaps one could be in agreement that we should be tolerant but not tolerant of say, stabbing a child in the eye with some scissors.

Also some Republicans (like me) have complained about deficit spending all along. Perhaps we, like all, were dumb enough to give the benefit for a while when there were buildings crashing down and planes exploding.

The reasoning suggested by yourself and others appears to be, "Look you let them deficit spend to the tune of $150 billion of a year and eventually $250 billion a year to stimulate the economy via tax cuts, fight two wars and add some more spending so that over six or so years, this added up to a trillion and a half dollars. So now you can't complain when we deficit spend that in one year."

Umm.... why can't I complain? I've complained about it with the Republicans to smaller degrees and the Democrats are blowing the doors off spending compared to them. We collectively gave the inch so now they can take the mile?

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #116 of 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Yes. The obvious reason being you need to stop embarassing yourself.


Let me just ask this Trumptman. Do you really believe you are winning any converts here? Everytime you try to push the ideas in this thread forward it gets shot down by pretty much everyone.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #117 of 452
Thread Starter 
Sure. We always have more lurkers than registered members reading here. When they see a real point presented and see it countered with dismissals, smilies, insults, and pictures, they will be convinced. They may not stick around and tell you they were convinced but I'm of the view that they were convinced.

Right now the reality, that Bush was a spender who averaged deficits around $200 or so billion a year is being used as a rationalization by yoursel and others to run the printing presses, destory the currency and fund deficits that will hit a trillion a year. You can tell yourself nonsense like big money is corrupting and then tell yourself that Obama owes no one after raising three-quarters of a trillion dollars to get elected. Meanwhile the garbage that is the standard operating procedure for that state is already stinking up the air and he hasn't even taken the oath yet.

You can also tell yourself that when Bush ducks interview questions it is becuase he has something to hide, but when Obama does it, it is because he is so cute!

Tell yourself whatever you want. I don't have to convince you. There are people who read this other than you. It might be more convincing a couple years from now. Either way, I'm going to express my views.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #118 of 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Sure. We always have more lurkers than registered members reading here. When they see a real point presented and see it countered with dismissals, smilies, insults, and pictures, they will be convinced. They may not stick around and tell you they were convinced but I'm of the view that they were convinced.

Right now the reality, that Bush was a spender who averaged deficits around $200 or so billion a year is being used as a rationalization by yoursel and others to run the printing presses, destory the currency and fund deficits that will hit a trillion a year. You can tell yourself nonsense like big money is corrupting and then tell yourself that Obama owes no one after raising three-quarters of a trillion dollars to get elected. Meanwhile the garbage that is the standard operating procedure for that state is already stinking up the air and he hasn't even taken the oath yet.

You can also tell yourself that when Bush ducks interview questions it is becuase he has something to hide, but when Obama does it, it is because he is so cute!

Tell yourself whatever you want. I don't have to convince you. There are people who read this other than you. It might be more convincing a couple years from now. Either way, I'm going to express my views.

But Trumptman your arguments have been met with counter arguments. Your refusal to agknowledge them doesn't change anything.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #119 of 452
Thread Starter 
Yeah Jimmac, hate to break it to you but calling it flamebait, claiming that you can't blame just one generation or else it is a dodge, and finally saying Bush lost, get over it, are not counter-arguments.

They aren't arguments of any sort. They are distractions.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #120 of 452
As a finder of fact, I rest my effin' case.

Yeah, your case is rested for 10 days.

Reposting a post that was deleted is a serious offense.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The Generational Blind Spot-BOOM!