or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Blagojevich gets arrested

Blagojevich gets arrested - Page 2

post #41 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

Is the governor really that dumb, stupid, and unaware that he really thought he would get away with something as *insane* as attempting to sell the president elect's Senate seat, as well as a bunch of other stuff, all in plain sight? It appears as if he was making no attempt to hide his activities!

Didn't he taunt the authorities the day before with a "go ahead, listen in on my conversations" comment, just to have them turn around the next day and say "that's exactly what we did; thanks for the tip".

Not the brightest chap (that is a British word, ain't it?).

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #42 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

Exactly so. Hijacking planes and using them as missiles is nothing new. Operation Northwoods, a false flag plan from the 1960s, also included hijacked airplanes as part of the plan. This terrorist attack on US citizens, by elements within the US Military was drafted by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and signed by co-chair Lemnitzer. This plan was brewed more than 40 years before a similar operation was eventually carried out (by parties unknown, let me add). If senior members of the US Military had the thought up such evil, nefarious schemes back then in order to blame Cuba during the cold war, against the hated Commies, then what is so far-fetched about a group of extremists within the DOD doing the same thing in order to blame the equally hated Muslims? The only thing going against it, is our denial: "Americans don't do stuff like that because we are not of that mindset". Was everyone in the 2001 Pentagon, Bush Administration or any government department unaware of Northwoods? Unlikely. Very, very unlikely. This is an admitted, declassified conspiracy: no theory required. Of course, talk about Northwoods in here, and all the weasels crawl out of the woodwork and yell "conspiracy theory", just like so many good obedient Germans.

In October 2000, the Pentagon conducted a drill which featured the exact same scenario.... a hijacked or errant plane crashing into the Pentagon itself.

On 9/11, there were as many as 20 simultaneous drills and war games ongoing, with at least two (Vigilant Guardian and a NRO drill) simulating errant/hijacked planes crashing into buildings.

But Condi and others claimed "nobody ever imagined......" The evil scumbag lied, under oath, and everyone was too COWARDLY to raise this issue. The Bush Administration has claimed to be "squeaky clean" re. every aspect of 9/11. This evidence clearly demonstrates otherwise. There is all the difference in the universe between "zero prior knowledge" and "accessory before/after the fact".

Osama? Really? The "smoking gun" Jalalabad videotape found by US Marines features OBL (yes, its him alright) talking with several other bearded, suspect-looking people. 9/11 was mentioned, according to the Pentagon translation (although the accuracy of this translation has been debunked in several independent analyses). However, disregarding this slight snag, videotaped evidence, often used in sting operations, is routinely used by the FBI and law enforcement in general to charge criminals, such as drug dealers, mafia folk etc. and many high profile cases have been successfully prosecuted on such indisputable evidence.

This OBL videotape was the "smoking gun evidence" that was used by the Bush Administration to publicly justify the Afghanistan war, and the "war on terror" in general. However, despite this apparent "caught in the act" videotaped evidence, the FBI and DOJ, after 7 years, have not charged or indicted OBL with anything to do with 9/11. Even in his file on the FBI's "most wanted list, there is no specific mention of 9/11. Someone, somewhere knows something about OBL that we have not been told. Otherwise they would have milked this videotape to death, and slapped him with every criminal charge under the sun.... surely. If anyone can fathom a logical reason as to why no charges, yet everyone seems to think he did it... lets hear it. Furthermore, CIA have also said that "there is no connection between OBL's money, and the financing of the 9/11 attacks.

Notice that I haven't accused anyone. It's just that this part of the story (alongside much of the rest of it) makes little sense, and no adequate explanation has been forthcoming.

Of course, on saying this, this makes me a conspiracy theorist!

At least 4 years and 6 weeks.

I kind of knew that that refrain sounded familiar.

Bush did it, I know he did it, and I can prove it.

I have the Bush/Cheney/Rove backpacks used to place all that thermite in all three WTC buildings.

Sieg Heil!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
post #43 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

Well Frank, we all know that some things start out as conspiracies and over time they become exposed as real deeds with real faces.

There is evidence that Bush had been warned about 9/11, but did nothing about It. He told the CIA agents while he was on vacation in Texas that they "covered their ass" by telling him and then said basically go away. Osama determined to attack. Condi lied when she said that no one could have imagined them using airplanes as missiles. They ran drills mimicking that exact scenario prior to that attacks.

As time goes by...

By the way, how many more fucking days left...?

The internets neat-o keen-o.

Fourty-one days to Mission Completed. \
post #44 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

Fourty-one days to Mission Completed. \

Sadly, the fallout will continue to wreak havoc on the US and and the world for many years to come.

post #45 of 105
Quote:

Bush did it, I know he did it, and I can prove it...

Bush? (lol)

Quote:
Sieg Heil!

Prescott Bush is dead........
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #46 of 105
Quote:

Oh c'mon, give the guy a chance...

hmmm... ok. That one is quite a surprise... but why would Obama want to distance his administration from the powerful DC Israeli lobbies such as AIPAC etc?

In the interest of fairness, the US will have to stop the corresponding handouts to Egypt as well, surely? In the last 3 decades, the Egyptians have received almost $30BILLION in US aid, courtesy of the US taxpayer....
post #47 of 105
What's that?

Sammi, Frank, and Art are having a stupid fucking argument about something that has nothing remotely to do with the thread?

Color me fucking shcoked. Shocked I say.
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
post #48 of 105
On topic, it's looking unlikely (and it did seem to be just pure speculation anyways) that Rahm did any tipping off of the feds.

http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpoi...at_he_tipp.php
post #49 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

What's that?

Sammi, Frank, and Art are having a stupid fucking argument about something that has nothing remotely to do with the thread?

Color me fucking shcoked. Shocked I say.

Call it what you will. PoliticalOutsider is dead. We are only trying to keep it alive for the next 40 odd days until you and the rest decide to return with rabid criticism of the new administration. We can't wait.

Blagojevich got arrested, that's about all the press and ourselves got until the trial and conviction comes.

Obama was elected president, we have to wait 40 more days to discuss that. Deal with it.

40 odd days and counting...
post #50 of 105
Talk about the ultimate Bush Derangement Sydrome!

You don't understand, I can't stay on topic because Bush is in power!

I'll be able to stay on topic in 40 days though when Obama is in power!

He cuts checks for rent and gas you see so all will be good!

Anyone want to guess that the media will just buy the Obama explanation for this and of course even if there is nohing to find won't send out any investigative reporters to do more than take him at his word?

I mean sure that might generate news and not propaganda. Sure we know about Joe the Plumber's tax liens and what the librarian in Wasilla thought about Mayor Palin, but send someone out to double check the explanation of President-elect Obama related to a huge scandal related to his seat?

Sorry, we don't have the time and resources for that. Plus it might generate news and ratings and we don't want those.

Here is what we have to look forward to for the next four years....

Quote:
Appearing on NBCs Meet the Press program, interviewer Tom Brokaw told Obama he had ducked answering the question during an interview last month with ABCs Barbara Walters.

Noting that the White House was a no-smoking zone, Brokaw asked Obama, Have you stopped smoking?

I have, Obama replied, smiling broadly. What I said was that there are times where I have fallen off the wagon.

Wait a minute, Brokaw interjected, that means you havent stopped.

Fair enough, Obama said. What I would say is that I have done a terrific job under the circumstances of making myself much healthier. You will not see any violations of these rules in the White House.

Did you? Sure but not really? Wait... you're full of shit. Oh yeah... fair enough.

Let's call it a modus operandi for the Obama administration so get used to it.

FISA vote... check
Domestic army to protect you from yourself.... check
Tearing down invisible walls.... check
Got rid of the windfall gas tax.... check
No longer repealing Bush tax cuts.... check
Associates all are total scumbags and it is getting worse... check
Out of Iraq in 16 months... we will see...
Sharing the wealth for 95% of us... we will see.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #51 of 105
Quote:

We are only trying to keep it alive for the next 40 odd days until you and the rest decide to return with rabid criticism of the new administration. We can't wait.

1. Who in the world makes up me and "the rest?"

Quote:
Obama was elected president, we have to wait 40 more days to discuss that. Deal with it.

2. What the heck am I supposed to be dealing with? This thread is about Blago, and most definitely not about Bush, 9/11, conspiracies related to it, or Isreal. It is only tangentially about Obama since its his Senate seat that was apparently up for sale, and Blago was pissed the Obama team wouldn't give him what he wanted.

3. Perhaps the source of 1 and 2, I think you are possibly confused with where I tend to lie on the political spectrum.

4. I'm just a guy who'd rather not see his thread devolve into stupid shit that the three of you have gone round on many, many times before and is not remotely related to the topic at hand.
post #52 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

1. Who in the world makes up me and "the rest?"

After scanning some of your recent posts, I really don't know what affiliation you are. And as far as contributing or commenting, you keep it down to about one or two lines, ending with a question. Hey, that's your internet profile, I don't know what your real length or breadth of discussion would be out there in the real world.

Apologies if I bunched you up with the others though.

Quote:
2. What the heck am I supposed to be dealing with? This thread is about Blago, and most definitely not about Bush, 9/11, conspiracies related to it, or Isreal. It is only tangentially about Obama since its his Senate seat that was apparently up for sale, and Blago was pissed the Obama team wouldn't give him what he wanted.

This topic is lame. OMG another crooked politician in Chicago, everybody point and laugh at the asstard politician!

Quote:
3. Perhaps the source of 1 and 2, I think you are possibly confused with where I tend to lie on the political spectrum.

See top reply...

Quote:
4. I'm just a guy who'd rather not see his thread devolve into stupid shit that the three of you have gone round on many, many times before and is not remotely related to the topic at hand.

Like that doesn't happen here all the time. I tend to revert to the topic at hand, but there's nothing else to discuss on this topic.

I'll say one last thing about this. Never trust a Democrat with a Kennedy haircut...

Thread over (at least for me).
post #53 of 105
Looks like JJ Jr is candidate #5. That's a shame considering JJ Jr for the most part seemed to keep his nose to the grind stone for his constituents and avoided the foolishness of his father. This could take him down.

Blago' may be in a mood to save his own hide. We'll have to see if he takes anyone down with him. The culture in Chicago is to keep your mouth shut and do your time.
post #54 of 105
Fucking pollacks!
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #55 of 105
Don't say that in chicago. Apparently it's the city with the second largest population of poles in the world.
post #56 of 105
He is of Serbian descent, is he not?

post #57 of 105
Fucking chetniks!
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #58 of 105
Fucking Americans.
post #59 of 105
Being from the state of Illinois, I figure the Illinois senate will fuck around for months deciding on whether or not to impeach this scumbag. I still can't believe he got voted in for a second term back in 2006.
This guy has been being investigated since 2003.
Just another typical Chicago politician.
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. Thomas Jefferson
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. Thomas Jefferson
post #60 of 105
Let's not forget that other part of the description. Just another typical DEMOCRATIC, Chicago Poliltician.

post #61 of 105
There are politicians in Chicago who aren't Democrats?
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #62 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Let's not forget that other part of the description. Just another typical DEMOCRATIC, Chicago Poliltician.

No. The Republicans in Illinois are just as crooked. Plus, as everyone in the US other than you knows, our last governor, a Republican, is currently in prison.
post #63 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by giant View Post

No. The Republicans in Illinois are just as crooked. Plus, as everyone in the US other than you knows, our last governor, a Republican, is currently in prison.

Didn't something like 3 of the last 7 governors go to prison?
post #64 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by giant View Post

Yes, but that would interfere with the narrative that Chicago only produces corrupt Democratic politicians, and.....hey! Whaddayaknow? That new president fellow is a Chicago Democrat!

It follows, in some obscure way, that Blagojevich is a scandal for Obama, and we are obliged to regard whatever Obama does in the future through the lens of his status as "Chicago machine politician."

That didn't get more play during the election only because there were so many other, somewhat conflicting narratives (terrorist, radical black separatist, muslim sleeper cell, empty suit) vying for our attention, but now that William Ayers and the Reverend Wright are safely returned to obscurity, I think we can expect a lot more emphasis on Obama as mobster.

Presumably, this means that his demonstrated capacity to get things done and make decisions will be portrayed as chilling ruthlessness, and the right's lurid fantasies of Clinton malfeasance will come to seem quaint. With any luck, the right will think to combine this with popular white notions of black thug life, and we'll get Michelle Malkin and Rush Limbaugh thundering about legislative drive-bys and how unwise it is to mess with Obama's "peeps", thus insuring their continued irrelevance .
post #65 of 105
It would be easy to dismiss the Blago' thing as "just a distraction" if the most recent Blago' event had not drag Rezko out of the dust bin. Oh wait I forgot that the Rezko exposure is limited to just a "boneheaded" mistake on Obama's part. That's all.
post #66 of 105
Quote:

Too bad a recent research puts Chicago as the 18th most corrupt state. Your precious Alaskan governor and her state comes in 3rd. Maybe Fitzgerald should think before he speaks and Republicans should do their research before spouting knee-jerk rhetoric.

Here. I'll do the Google for you....

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...terstitialskip
post #67 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

Too bad a recent research puts Chicago as the 18th most corrupt state. Your precious Alaskan governor and her state comes in 3rd. Maybe Fitzgerald should think before he speaks and Republicans should do their research before spouting knee-jerk rhetoric.

Here. I'll do the Google for you....

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...terstitialskip

There will always be several FReepers haunting PO with their one offs, and a few that will go on, and on, and on, ..., ad infinitum, ad nauseam.

That is, if there isn't a mass vanishing, as occured this fall, just before the ultimate downfall of the Gay Old Party.

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Fast.
post #68 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

It would be easy to dismiss the Blago' thing as "just a distraction" if the most recent Blago' event had not drag Rezko out of the dust bin. Oh wait I forgot that the Rezko exposure is limited to just a "boneheaded" mistake on Obama's part. That's all.

Seriously funny stuff there.

Seriously.
post #69 of 105
Quote:

There will always be several FReepers haunting PO with their one offs, and a few that will go on, and on, and on, ..., ad infinitum, ad nauseam.

That is, if there isn't a mass vanishing, as occured this fall, just before the ultimate downfall of the Gay Old Party.

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Fast.

I hate insolent behavior as much as the next guy. And I know Dems, liberals and bloggers have expressed their fair share of it. But, shit, at least they were right about the big important issues and, therefore, had every right to be antagonistic and annoying (Bush, was by point of fact, the worst president in modern history).

The current spate of bad behavior from the right is only spurred on by bad sportsmanship.
post #70 of 105
Quote:

Seriously funny stuff there.

Seriously.

Remember of fucking pissed off Republicans and Wingers would get when we'd point out the Bush family's connections with Saudi's and the Bin Laden family? Remember how all their heads exploded during Michael Moore's "Fahrenheit" movie?

Bush Sr. is doing direct business with the Bin Laden construction company.

Obama received a couple campaign donations from Rezko.

Same thing in freeper land, I guess.
post #71 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Right. Obama as mobster. Because Ayers and Wright are played out, so terrorist and terrifying black nationalist don't have a lot of punch.

You guys should consider changing it up a bit. When you play the same con over and over again, people catch on.
post #72 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Right. Obama as mobster. Because Ayers and Wright are played out, so terrorist and terrifying black nationalist don't have a lot of punch.

You guys should consider changing it up a bit. When you play the same con over and over again, people catch on.

When we pointed out that Bush has direct, personal, and financial ties with the actual country that brought the World Trade Center crashing down they just rolled their eyes and said, "Get a life."

Does that mean we can do the same?
post #73 of 105
Quote:

When we pointed out that Bush has direct, personal, and financial ties with the actual country that brought the World Trade Center crashing down they just rolled their eyes and said, "Get a life."

Does that mean we can do the same?

For that matter, post 9/11, we were told that we had to put political differences aside and rally round the flag. To do otherwise was to reveal a disturbing lack of patriotism and outright contempt for America.

We now face an economic crisis with far more profound implications for the future of the country than 9/11, or indeed any terror attack, could ever engender.

So can we expect the good patriots of the right to throw their full support behind President Obama, in the name of "country first"?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!
post #74 of 105
Quote:

for that matter, post 9/11, we were told that we had to put political differences aside and rally round the flag. To do otherwise was to reveal a disturbing lack of patriotism and outright contempt for america.

We now face an economic crisis with far more profound implications for the future of the country than 9/11, or indeed any terror attack, could ever engender.

So can we expect the good patriots of the right to throw their full support behind president obama, in the name of "country first"?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!

Bingo!
post #75 of 105
Quote:

For that matter, post 9/11, we were told that we had to put political differences aside and rally round the flag. To do otherwise was to reveal a disturbing lack of patriotism and outright contempt for America.

So can we expect the good patriots of the right to throw their full support behind President Obama, in the name of "country first"?

You make an amazingly good point!
post #76 of 105
Quote:

\

The Real Obama: A Centrist? No. A Transformer

By Charles Krauthammer

Quote:
Obama was quite serious when he said he was going to change the world. And now he has a national crisis, a personal mandate, a pliant Congress, a desperate public -- and, at his disposal, the greatest pot of money in galactic history. (I include here the extrasolar planets.)

Ironically, when the economy tanked in mid-September, it was assumed that both presidential candidates could simply forget about their domestic agendas because with $700 billion drained by financial system rescues, not a penny would be left to spend on anything else.

On the contrary. With the country clamoring for action and with all psychological barriers to government intervention obliterated (by the conservative party, no less), the stage is set for a young, ambitious, supremely confident president -- who sees himself as a world-historical figure before even having been sworn in -- to begin a restructuring of the American economy and the forging of a new relationship between government and people.

Don't be fooled by Bob Gates staying on. Obama didn't get elected to manage Afghanistan. He intends to transform America. And he has the money, the mandate and the moxie to go for it.

Yeah, Krauthammer. Of all people. But shit, my sister loves him, so maybe this will be a turning point for her too.
post #77 of 105
Quote:

\

The Real Obama: A Centrist? No. A Transformer

By Charles Krauthammer

Yeah, Krauthammer. Of all people. But shit, my sister loves him, so maybe this will be a turning point for her too.

Is Krauthammer heeding a warning or is he endorsing Obama's plans? It's hard to read the tone of his column.
post #78 of 105
Quote:

Is Krauthammer heeding a warning or is he endorsing Obama's plans? It's hard to read the tone of his column.

I think he's hedging his bets. If it all works out, he can claim endorsement.. If it all goes to hell, he can claim he sounded the warning.

After all, the only difference between a monomaniacal lunatic and a great leader is in the results.
post #79 of 105
Quote:

Let's not forget Democrat George Ryan
post #80 of 105
Quote:

Call it what you will. PoliticalOutsider is dead. We are only trying to keep it alive for the next 40 odd days until you and the rest decide to return with rabid criticism of the new administration. We can't wait.

Blagojevich got arrested, that's about all the press and ourselves got until the trial and conviction comes.

40 odd days and counting...

The really knee slapping part is that Obama isn't even in office yet and already the more rightwing polarized elements here are trying to dig up reasons to fault him!

Really desperate ones at that! I knew this would stick in their craw.

I really think we hit a nerve with the last election. They just can't believe their precious Neocon world is slipping away down the drain.

Round and round and round!

Oh well.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Blagojevich gets arrested