or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The OFFICIAL "Throw Rahm Under the Bus" Betting Pool

The OFFICIAL "Throw Rahm Under the Bus" Betting Pool

post #1 of 383
Quote:
Emanuel has refused to comment as to whether he is the un-named presidential adviser cited in the FBI affidavit filed in the Blagojevich case. "You're wasting your time," Emanuel told a Chicago Sun Times reporter yesterday. "I'm not going to say a word to you. I'm going to do this with my children. Don't do that. I'm a father. I have two kids. I'm not going to do it."

So it is pretty clear to most that the reason Rahm probably isn't talking is because he probably was the one doing the talking.

So what is your pick for date and time that he will thrown under the bus and tossed aside by Obama?

Quote:
The president-elect said Thursday he would gather and make public a list of any aides or advisers who talked with Blagojevich on his behalf. Emanuel has not yet resigned his seat in Congress, the seat previously held by Blagojevich.

Oh.... and it doesn't say Boomer!

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #2 of 383

IBL
post #3 of 383
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #4 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

So it is pretty clear to most that the reason Rahm probably isn't talking is because he probably was the one doing the talking.

So what is your pick for date and time that he will thrown under the bus and tossed aside by Obama?

Oh.... and it doesn't say Boomer!

And by "pretty clear to most" I guess you mean "I and the right wing blogosphere are praying to God that there's something here that can hurt Obama", since the only sourcing you provide is a bloggy ABC back-page post that establishes nothing more than Emmanuel is pissy with reporters when they shove a microphone in his face when he's out with his kids and that he is not a target of the FBI investigation (although the piece manages to convey that information with the amusingly scare quoted "accurate").

And I guess it wouldn't really have worked, for your purposes, to include this quote from the story:

Quote:
U.S Attorney Patrick Fizgerald say there is "nothing in the complaint" that implicates President elect Obama but the affidavit suggests that someone from the Obama camp was in touch with Blagojevich or his aides, if only to tell the Governor that Obama would not offer anything but "appreciation" in exchange for the Senate appointment.

To go from that to an "under the bus" watch (by the way, using that term at this point is really just lazy) is kinda precipitous, dontcha think?
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #5 of 383
Ah yes, THE OFFICIAL "LET'S LINK OBAMA TO BAGOJEVICH IN ANY WAY POSSIBLE" thread.

"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #6 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

Ah yes, THE OFFICIAL "LET'S LINK OBAMA TO BAGOJEVICH IN ANY WAY POSSIBLE" thread.

The noise machine needs something to do. I guess the "Obama forged his birth certificate and killed his grandmother to cover it up" thing is losing it's luster?

No need for despair, though, there are still any number of tapes of Michelle ranting about her hared of whitey out there, just days or months or years from being revealed, once certain parties manage to lose the tail that Obama has on them 24/7.

This is going to be such an awesome four years. I mean, when you start with murdering your granny to cover up your status as essentially an illegal immigrant and build from there, the sky's the limit.

The Clinton years had nothing on this. Hey, maybe the Senate Republicans can work up some articles of impeachment based on Obama being the antichrist.
post #7 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

The noise machine needs something to do. I guess the "Obama forged his birth certificate and killed his grandmother to cover it up" thing is losing it's luster?

No need for despair, though, there are still any number of tapes of Michelle ranting about her hared of whitey out there, just days or months or years from being revealed, once certain parties manage to lose the tail that Obama has on them 24/7.

This is going to be such an awesome four years. I mean, when you start with murdering your granny to cover up your status as essentially an illegal immigrant and build from there, the sky's the limit.

The Clinton years had nothing on this. Hey, maybe the Senate Republicans can work up some articles of impeachment based on Obama being the antichrist.

I guess it's just payback for all those years we railed against Bush. What was it they called it? Bush Derangement Syndrome?

Fucking hippies.
post #8 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

I guess it's just payback for all those years we railed against Bush. What was it they called it? Bush Derangement Syndrome?

Fucking dirty hippies.

tftfy
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
post #9 of 383
End the thread?

Ok... Rahm, that sonofaterrorist....
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #10 of 383
This kind of thing is going to get pretty tiresome pretty quickly. At least with Bush there were actual problems, and real ethical lapses, that were the subject of valid complaints.

trumpt - this thread just makes you look desperate.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #11 of 383
If he was in that call he'll hang on until the tapes come out. Which will be years.
post #12 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

If he was in that call he'll hang on until the tapes come out. Which will be years.

There you go. Now, as the years go by, you can gradually shift that to "Rahm's proven involvement with convicted criminal Blagovitch" and hint darkly at the "coverup."

Like this: by 2010 or so, you should be able to say, with a straight face, "It's no surprise that the Obama administration is in bed with (controversial figure du jour), his chief of staff launched his career by shaking down the Chicago political scene with his buddy the jail bird Blagovitch. The only reason Blagovitch is doing time and Rahm is still collecting kickbacks in the White House is Obama's thugs made some offers that couldn't be refused."

The Clinton years taught us that every allegation, innuendo, crazy lie, and hand waving guilt-by-association must go into the box marked "reasons to hate and mistrust the Clintons" where they must remain for all time, accumulating, commingling, and interacting like a bad chemistry experiment.

The important thing is volume, since the raw materials are going to be poor, at best, and the alchemical magic of compost in the dark. So it's never too early to start packing that box with "reasons to hate and mistrust Obama", because the consumers of that heady swill are never going to remember or care that any given bit of offal that got tossed in was just a casual slander or lurid fantasy.

"Of course the Obama administration is the most corrupt in American history", you can say. "Just look at the size of that thing!"
post #13 of 383
I need to fully understand this guilt by association fallacy;

Quote:
A fallacy is a component of an argument which, being demonstrably flawed in its logic or form, renders the whole argument invalid.

I need to get past the ...

Rahm was recorded talking to Blockhead.

Rahm succeeded in the congressional seat of Blockhead.

Rahm met with Blockhead.

Rahm talked to Blockhead.

Rahm knew Blockhead.

Rahm knows Obama.

Obama knows Bush 43.

Bush 43 knows God.

God knows Satan.

Satan is the total embodiment of all that is evil.

God is the total embodiment of all that is evil!
post #14 of 383
Quote:

So people only refuse to talk to reporters is that you are guilty of whatever they are implying?

Flawless logic.
proud resident of a failed state
proud resident of a failed state
post #15 of 383
Come on guys. Freeper logic doesn't need to make sense to anyone other than them. Besides, I'm sure it's time to start another email chain filled with zombie lies.
post #16 of 383
just more corruption, obama will have this early and will distract people from his message, can't do that Rahm will go, its just a matter of timing to minimize political fallout to obama, but if the media just bends over we won't know the truth....we certainly won't get truth from leadership
politicians need a scapegoat look for others.
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
post #17 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

just more corruption, obama will have this early and will distract people from his message, can't do that Rahm will go, its just a matter of timing to minimize political fallout to obama, but if the media just bends over we won't know the truth....we certainly won't get truth from leadership

What in the name of holy fuck are you talking about?
post #18 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

What in the name of holy fuck are you talking about?

obama starts off with this as a distraction....i really don't care
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
post #19 of 383
Quote:

obama starts off with this as a distraction....i really don't care

Cool. We're remembering, right, that there isn't any evidence or reason to think that Obama or any of his people have anything to do with this? And that the "distraction", such as it is, is at the moment entirely a function of the rightwing noise machine?

And that rueful thoughts of the "media" failing to discern guilt when their isn't any evidence of guilt doesn't make much sense? Unless we just want to proceed from an entirely unfounded assumption, which, I dunno, doesn't seem that cool?
post #20 of 383
Quote:

Incoherence.

Kentucky.

Incoherence.

Kentucky.

Incoherence.

Kentucky.

Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #21 of 383
The more the "last 30% is backwash anyway" [S. Colbert] people hate Rahm, the more I like him.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #22 of 383
This is the 'Throw Rahm under the Bus' Betting Pool thread?

Er... OK.

€500 says that this thread needs to have its head held under water until it stops thrashing.
post #23 of 383
post #24 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

Incoherence.

Kentucky.

Incoherence.

Kentucky.

Incoherence.

Kentucky.

flame as you will, it just makes me stronger...
and don't dis KY, i'm from california, presently living in KY,
and you couldn't find a picture of MARKERS MARK....now that is weak
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
post #25 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan i Sabbah View Post

Er... OK.

500 says that this thread needs to have its head held under water until it stops thrashing.

well said, thank you
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
post #26 of 383
Quote:

500 says that this thread needs to have its head held under water until it stops thrashing.

I heard that you can get three stones for a Euro in Greece!

The way things are going though, the US might adopt the rock as its official currency to get a better exchange rate.

HOW MANY MORE FUCKING DAYS LEFT?
post #27 of 383
Quote:

Er... OK.

That was a great laugh. Thanks Hassan.
post #28 of 383
Quote:

flame as you will, it just makes me stronger...
and don't dis KY, i'm from california, presently living in KY,
and you couldn't find a picture of MARKERS MARK....now that is weak

"MARKERS MARK"?

I have friends and family living in KY, and they demand that you leave the state immediately.

Oh, and thanks for making it clear that the blame for your butchering of the English language is on California schools, instead of Kentucky's.
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #29 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post

"MARKERS MARK"?

I have friends and family living in KY, and they demand that you leave the state immediately.

Oh, and thanks for making it clear that the blame for your butchering of the English language is on California schools, instead of Kentucky's.

And here I am, an engineer, and I thought I had the poorest grammar and spelling skillZ of the entire PO community.

And then we get this butchering of the English language, just kind of sort of barely incomprehensible.

It's like they spewed their ... money shots all over their keyboard/screen.
post #30 of 383
Leave California out of it.

Otherwise we'll just take Apple, Intel, AMD, HP, Google, Yahoo, eBay, Blogspot, Adobe, Netflix, TiVo, Netgear, Symantec, Levis, Gap, Old Navy, Pixar, Charles Schwab, all five motion picture studios, the entire aerospace industry and the wine country and tell the rest of the country who can't help but dump all over California whenever it's convenient to make a clever quip about how godless heathens we are ... to go fuck itself.
post #31 of 383
Report: Obama Aide Spoke Only Once With Blagojevich About Senate Seat

Quote:
Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich and Rep. Rahm Emanuel are admitted friends, but the two only spoke once about the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by President-elect Barack Obama, says a new report out Sunday.

The Obama transition team is expected to release an internal report on the contacts between Obama's aides and the governor, who is facing charges of trying to sell the Senate seat to the highest bidder.

Obama is not accused of any wrongdoing -- in fact, Blagojevich is allegedly heard on tape cursing out Obama for refusing to play ball.

On Sunday, ABC reported that Emanuel -- who succeeded Blagojevich in the House and served as a campaign adviser of the governor -- spoke with him just once about the seat and four times to former Blagojevich chief of staff John Harris, who was also arrested a week and a half ago on corruption charges.

ABC also reported that the conversation made only passing reference to the Senate vacancy and no deal was made.

post #32 of 383
But Bill Clinton!
post #33 of 383
It's true because Obama said so.
post #34 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

It's true because Obama said so.

Do you really think Fitzgerald would hold back if any member of the Obama camp was involved in discussions of the senate seat that were criminal? Because I'm pretty sure that's not how Fitzy roles, but that's what you've got to believe if you think anyone in the Obama camp had quid pro quo discussions about that senate seat.

And of course, the idea that they would is completely illogical anyways, as the power dynamic is all wrong, plus the information in the indictment indicates the Governor was pissed he wasn't getting anything out of camp Obama.
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
post #35 of 383
Didn't Fitz actually say that no one on the Obama camp had been implicated in this multi-year investigation?
post #36 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

Didn't Fitz actually say that no one on the Obama camp had been implicated in this multi-year investigation?

The partisan liar Fitzgerald said that? Was that before or after he got that briefcase full of cash from the Obama people?

How do I know that happened? It just stands to reason! WHY WON'T THE LIBERAL MEDIA TALK ABOUT THE VERY REAL POSSIBILITY THAT OBAMA IS PAYING FITZ HUSH MONEY???!!!
post #37 of 383
Oh. Those are reasonable questions, I think.
post #38 of 383
Is Rahm under the bus yet?
post #39 of 383
Quick question, Nick.

Has this scandal about Blagejovich forced Obama to throw Rahm under the bus today?

He was very heavily implicated in it.

How long do you think it will be now?
post #40 of 383
Quote:

Quick question, Nick.

Has this scandal about Blagejovich forced Obama to throw Rahm under the bus today?

He was very heavily implicated in it.

How long do you think it will be now?

It's only the conspiracy with the "tanker media" keeping the bus in the garage. Such a thing would be a huge, juicy story, so the lack of such story in the "tanker media" means that it must exist, but the "tanker media" must be covering it up for Obama because they so, so love to be in the tank for him.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The OFFICIAL "Throw Rahm Under the Bus" Betting Pool