or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The OFFICIAL "Throw Rahm Under the Bus" Betting Pool

The OFFICIAL "Throw Rahm Under the Bus" Betting Pool - Page 4

post #121 of 383

Too much, the Magic Bus.
post #122 of 383
Maybe this one.

Richardson just tossed himself under the bus. This may force Obama to find someone outside the Clinton admin' for Hope-Change Express.
post #123 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Maybe this one.

Richardson just tossed himself under the bus. This may force Obama to find someone outside the Clinton admin' for Hope-Change Express.

Nah! You guys aren't sore!

What you and the rest of the conservative circus are doing is looking for chinks in the armour. Doing that before the guy is even in office is egg tossing at it's best. Most of us who have a brain don't see Obama as perfect. Never did. But he's alot better than the opposition.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #124 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Nah! You guys aren't sore!

What you and the rest of the conservative circus are doing is looking for chinks in the armour. Doing that before the guy is even in office is egg tossing at it's best. Most of us who have a brain don't see Obama as perfect. Never did. But he's alot better than the opposition.

Yes yes you are so right. We are brainless chink in the armor seekers.
post #125 of 383
Quote:

Yes yes you are so right. We are brainless chink in the armor seekers.

Pretty much.
post #126 of 383
Quote:

Maybe this one.

Look, a whole book about Fellowship!
post #127 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Uh that would be the War President that's fond of vacations.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...3102829AAalCw3

http://hotquestionscoolanswers.blogs...-george-w.html

27% of the time he was in office.

IIRC, his father vacationed for something like 340 days out of a four-year term.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #128 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

IIRC, his father vacationed for something like 340 days out of a four-year term.

Small-town family values at work!

Real Amerika!

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #129 of 383
It's 2009.

"It is deeply cynical of Emanuel Rahm to return from holiday," wrote Septimus Fake-Outrage on the conservative blog POWERLINE. "And doubly cynical of him to be still above the bus. In the meantime, the mainstream liberal press cynically refuses to report on Emanual's impending under-the-bushood, cynically concentrating instead on so-called 'real news' such as the state of the economy, the crisis in Gaza, and the boy with the hedgehog ban."
post #130 of 383
So you asked for the source specifically so you could mock it? I could have just added all the links from the blog to the Minn Star Tribune which is local and had looked into the matter.

Rahmwatch day 402, he is back but the press still won't "waste" any questions on him. What the hell is the point of asking for a blog source, getting it and then condemning it as exactly what you asked for?

The reasoning is getting a bit insane here.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #131 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

So you asked for the source specifically so you could mock it? I could have just added all the links from the blog to the Minn Star Tribune which is local and had looked into the matter.

Rahmwatch day 402, he is back but the press still won't "waste" any questions on him. What the hell is the point of asking for a blog source, getting it and then condemning it as exactly what you asked for?

If you'd provided a source that wasn't worthy of mockery I wouldn't have mocked it.

I asked for evidence. You provided a link to a conservative blog full of the kind of speculation you mock yourself. I still have to see evidence. What I've discovered for myself is that Coleman himself can only sensibly question 130 votes and since these aren't enough to overturn the result of an entirely transparent re-count he's likely to give up, unless he wants to make a legal challenge and begin the kind of count-and-count-again nonsense you're accusing Franken of — which appears to be perfectly OK when it's someone who belongs to the party you support refusing to give up.

And the press won't "waste" any questions on Rahm because he hasn't done anything.

Reality, Nick, can be a thorough bitch, and you, my friend, should just get over it.
post #132 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan i Sabbah View Post

If you'd provided a source that wasn't worthy of mockery I wouldn't have mocked it.

Reality, Nick, can be a thorough bitch, and you, my friend, should just get over it.

He does have a credible link to the Wall Street Journal on this matter in the Senator Frankin thread, you know, the paper bought by Rupert Murdoch. Yeah, that one.

\
post #133 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

He does have a credible link to the Wall Street Journal on this matter in the Senator Frankin thread, you know, the paper bought by Rupert Murdoch. Yeah, that one.

\

Uh...op ed pieces from the WSJ or the ADN are equally credible.
post #134 of 383
Why is it that only Republican counties failed to re-examine wrongfully rejected ballots by today? It means Coleman's argument is that his own party screwed up? And the courts should protect Coleman from problems created by his own party?

From the start Coleman has tried to block the counting of ballots. It's pretty obvious those 654 ballots are not valid if he only cared about them being counted the day before the results would be certified. He is just trying to create any doubt he can in an attempt to fuel a win via the courts. He will fail. And his failure is a good thing for Minnesota.

Coleman is obviously an idiot.

And Al Franklin is Hitler.

Al Franken's going to be an "illegitimate" Senator, but his opponent's funneling a $75,000 campaign contribution through his wife's "job" at the contributor's (a Texas firm) company is perfectly ok.

Is the Minnesota Star Tribune a credible link?

Wait, how about another opinion from the South St. paul Examiner...

I Think I Voted

Quote:
Not one single thing devised by man here on earth is perfect; not even elections in the State of Minnesota in The United States of America.

So get over it, for gosh sakes, and quit arguing over "the intent" of a voter who couldn't figure out or didn't follow the rules to begin with. Pretty much everyone that has voted can see that the polling judges and volunteers (Volunteers!) that work the election stations are of the Q-Tip variety, watching Matlock and Murder She Wrote on TV, listening to Jim Reeves and Nat King Cole on a record player, and still might think that Dear Abby should run for office. What? She died? Really? From them we now demand perfection.

On election day we line up, show our ID when it's out turn and with trembling hands from a volunteer (Volunteer!) are given our ballot. Then we go under the elementary school basket on the basketball court and vote. As we leave, an equally aged volunteer (Volunteer!) gives us a perfunctory smile and a red (?)"I Voted" sticker. They are the most well meaning, considerate people in the country.

So let's swallow hard and accept the fact that whenever there is an election whose vote totals .05 percent or less, we call it a tie and get the two candidates with the highest totals to have a runoff election in a couple of weeks. It will never be perfect. Have you ever heard the phrase "it's close enough for government work"? Well, we wanted it, and now we have "government work".

Runoff elections like this typically have dramatically lower turnout rate than the general election. In the case of Minnesota, it's not hard to figure. It's bitterly cold outside at this time of year, it's dark most of the time, and what you'd much rather be doing is asking your sweet one and only to please "turn up the thermostat and would you mind getting me a blanket? The Gophers Hockey game is on!"

One way to make it a little more palatable for voters to come out a second time is to have the runoff on a weekend, polls open at 7:00am and close at 8:00pm both Saturday and Sunday. It would give even a reluctant voter time to get on the galoshes, put on the choppers, and if the car starts maybe go down and vote.

No absentee ballots or anything like that. No funny business or bleating that you are disenfranchised. If you don't show up to the polling station, you don't get to vote.

Those who voted mainly for Barack Obama or John McCain might not care one way or the other about Landslide Al Franken or Landslide Norm Coleman, further reducing the votes. In a way it's alright because the ones who vote are the ones who care about this particular race and will come out even if it's 10 degrees and getting colder.

Then they can get their sticker: "I think I voted"
post #135 of 383
Quote:

You know I normally don't post blog links. I posted it because you asked for it. Of course blogs deal in opinion, speculation and just plain ol' thinking out loud. It would be like complaining that you asked for talking head, I link to Bill O'Reilly and then you turning around and complaining it isn't hard news. No shit it isn't hard news. Blogs aren't hard news, they are blogs. Complaining that the nature of a blog is that it is a blog is just ridiculous crap.

I'll tell you what, find me the "non-mock, worthy" conservative blogs you find yourself capable of taking information from and I'll quote from them in the future when you request blog links.

Quote:
I asked for evidence. You provided a link to a conservative blog full of the kind of speculation you mock yourself. I still have to see evidence. What I've discovered for myself is that Coleman himself can only sensibly question 130 votes and since these aren't enough to overturn the result of an entirely transparent re-count he's likely to give up, unless he wants to make a legal challenge and begin the kind of count-and-count-again nonsense you're accusing Franken of which appears to be perfectly OK when it's someone who belongs to the party you support refusing to give up.

And the press won't "waste" any questions on Rahm because he hasn't done anything.

Reality, Nick, can be a thorough bitch, and you, my friend, should just get over it

Reality is coming fast for the Democrats. The electorate will fully be aware they are in power and screaming they don't have 60 senators won't be an excuse for anyone anymore. The massive deficits will only be attributable to one source. The claimed ending of all things Bush and bad will either happen or it won't. Then we will really see where the rubber meets the pavement. For example Obama promised 16 months, the midterms will be here before then and he will have done it or not.

You'll have to pardon me if I thought you wanted to discuss this instead of merely rendering a judgment on it. What evidence at this stage is conclusive and not spin from some side yet? Does a 400+ vote swing in a recount make you feel like all was handled appropriately just because a Democrat benefited instead of a Republican? It likely will be facing a court challenge and then there will be a finding of fact and verdict from that action. Until then no one has the facts yet because the event is still unwinding. I presented the claims from one side and considering over 400 votes were "found", "double-counted" whatever it is the court determines happened, something clearly happened.

I should have known better. This is coming from the guy who wonders why Rahm hasn't been thrown under the bus yet when even Blago hasn't been indicted yet.

post #136 of 383
Quote:

I should have known better. This is coming from the guy who wonders why Rahm hasn't been thrown under the bus yet when even Blago hasn't been indicted yet.

Says the guy that started this thread on Dec 12. Did you start your 2010 Super Bowl Pool already?
post #137 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinea View Post

Says the guy that started this thread on Dec 12. Did you start your 2010 Super Bowl Pool already?

Poor fellow's losing it. And Obama isn't even president yet.

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2009/...heir-fact.html

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/arc...me_a_river.php

http://mediamatters.org/items/200901050012?f=h_top

Read them and weep trumptman.

Al Franken, gosh darn it, he's good enough, he's smart enough, and people like him!
post #138 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinea View Post

Naw, but the Monday after the one this year sounds good. Put me down for Oakland to suck really hard again and not break .500.

post #139 of 383
Hi, I've just noticed that this is 'The OFFICIAL "Throw Rahm Under the Bus" Betting Pool' thread.

I'd like to officially put €300 on 'Rahm will not be thrown under the bus, ever'.

I don't think that Rahm Emanuel was implicated in the Rod Blagojvich scandal and the whole thing is a sort of made-up controversy that came from conservative bloggers, who wanted to sort of, associate Barack Obama with scandal, and they thought that since Rahm was in the news at the time, because he'd just been appointed Secretary of Homeland Whatever Affairs, which is a 'high profile' position, it would gain some traction. You know: 'Hey there's no smoke with flames.'

But I think that this was a load of shit!

I think it's abit embbarrassing, and that the bloggers have "egg on there faces", because it's been like a month or something and noone cares!

THIS IS MONEY IN THE BANK

FAKE EDIT: Hey, I've just realised that Rahm will never be thrown under the bus then I will be dead before I can get my money!

This thread is shit
post #140 of 383
Quote:

Hi, I've just noticed that this is 'The OFFICIAL "Throw Rahm Under the Bus" Betting Pool' thread.

I'd like to officially put 300 on 'Rahm will not be thrown under the bus, ever'.

I don't think that Rahm Emanuel was implicated in the Rod Blagojvich scandal and the whole thing is a sort of made-up controversy that came from conservative bloggers, who wanted to sort of, associate Barack Obama with scandal, and they thought that since Rahm was in the news at the time, because he'd just been appointed Secretary of Homeland Whatever Affairs, which is a 'high profile' position, it would gain some traction. You know: 'Hey there's no smoke with flames.'

I think it's abit embbarrassing, and that the bloggers have "egg on there faces", because it's been like a month or something and noone cares!

THIS IS MONEY IN THE BANK

FAKE EDIT: Hey, I've just realised that Rahm will never be thrown under the bus then I will be dead before I can get my money!

This thread is shit

I'll take that bet. Like you noted, you have to wait until he has died to prove he was never thrown under the bus. Meanwhile if he ever gets thrown under the bus I win!

You're so funny when you do drunk posting Hassan.

FAKE EDIT: Oh sorry, I didn't realize that is how you reason when you are sober. Sorry about that.

post #141 of 383
Quote:

I'll take that bet. Like you noted, you have to wait until he has died to prove he was never thrown under the bus. Meanwhile if he ever gets thrown under the bus I win!

You're so funny when you do drunk posting Hassan.

FAKE EDIT: Oh sorry, I didn't realize that is how you reason when you are sober. Sorry about that.

FAKE SERIOUS RESPONSE: I was using mis-spelling as joke! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA LOL
post #142 of 383
FAKE SERIOUS REPLY: I didn't say anything about spelling, I said reasoning. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH LOL

post #143 of 383
Quite seriously, though, when I said

Quote:

I meant it, and it's perfectly true.
post #144 of 383
Quote:

Quite seriously, though, when I said

I meant it, and it's perfectly true.

Quite seriously though, Obama promised not even the appearance of impropriety. He said no one on his staff nor he contacted Blago about the seat. Both have been proven wrong. The last two Democrats in Rahm's seat have been quite a history and it makes plenty of sense to ask not if, but when with regard to him.

The point is now they are looking and I have no doubt they will find something. Then we will hear that this Rahm is not the Rahm I know.

I'm sure for now, you'll just trust the fact that Obama vetted him for his next post. That has worked out well so far.

Finally, quite seriously, those are links to reality, not imaginary bubbles, claimed delusional states, or anything else claimed on here and seriously things not moving as fast as you declare won't change that.

post #145 of 383
And McCain called Sara his "soul mate".

That one still makes me laugh out loud.

post #146 of 383
Quote:

Quite seriously though, Obama promised not even the appearance of impropriety. He said no one on his staff nor he contacted Blago about the seat. Both have been proven wrong. The last two Democrats in Rahm's seat have been quite a history and it makes plenty of sense to ask not if, but when with regard to him.

The point is now they are looking and I have no doubt they will find something. Then we will hear that this Rahm is not the Rahm I know.

Yes, "they" are "looking" and will no doubt "find something." If that something proves to be nothing, in terms of Emmanuel, I'm sure you'll have an explanation as to why that's actually something.

Quote:
I'm sure for now, you'll just trust the fact that Obama vetted him for his next post. That has worked out well so far.

Hey yeah! Richardson means the entire Obama vetting process is worthless and broken! Which probably means Hillary killed Vince Foster!

Quote:
Finally, quite seriously, those are links to reality, not imaginary bubbles, claimed delusional states, or anything else claimed on here and seriously things not moving as fast as you declare won't change that.

Clip and save!
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #147 of 383
Quote:

100% pure speculation, innuendo, and the guilt by association fallacy.

The MO is old and stale and tired and wanting for some actual factually accurate evidence of some kind, any kind.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
post #148 of 383
Make me wonder...would Republicans have been so kind to Gore if he'd been president on 9/11?
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #149 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

100% pure speculation, innuendo, and the guilt by association fallacy.

The MO is old and stale and tired and wanting for some actual factually accurate evidence of some kind, any kind.

Actually the reality is he was caught making the calls and dealing with the accused. The claim is that he is in the midst of all this stuff and has actions associated with it, but somehow has come out clean. That isn't guilt by association. Rather the actions are there, but you want us to believe that he can engage in the guilty actions and somehow not be guilty.

You know, like if I somehow got a ridiculously sweet price on a house, then had someone buy the lot next to it and somehow magically "give" me half of it. Most would call that a gift to Barack Obama from Tony Rezko. However uttering crap like "Guilt by association" since Rezko has been indicted and Obama has not, simply means one has not been indicted and tried but the actions speak for themselves. When someone sells you half a $625k lot for $100k oh and the splitting of it just so happens to render the remaining portion as unbuildable, they've given you the entire lot for $100k. It is a half million dollar gift or bribe.

You don't need to speak to a 21 times to hand over suggestions. Like Obama and Rezko, there might be some way to keep it in the gray area where it isn't ethical but would too hard to prove it completely illegal but that certainly doesn't make it right.

post #150 of 383
Quote:

Actually the reality is he was caught making the calls and dealing with the accused. The claim is that he is in the midst of all this stuff and has actions associated with it, but somehow has come out clean. That isn't guilt by association. Rather the actions are there, but you want us to believe that he can engage in the guilty actions and somehow not be guilty.

You know, like if I somehow got a ridiculously sweet price on a house, then had someone buy the lot next to it and somehow magically "give" me half of it. Most would call that a gift to Barack Obama from Tony Rezko. However uttering crap like "Guilt by association" since Rezko has been indicted and Obama has not, simply means one has not been indicted and tried but the actions speak for themselves. When someone sells you half a $625k lot for $100k oh and the splitting of it just so happens to render the remaining portion as unbuildable, they've given you the entire lot for $100k. It is a half million dollar gift or bribe.

You don't need to speak to a 21 times to hand over suggestions. Like Obama and Rezko, there might be some way to keep it in the gray area where it isn't ethical but would too hard to prove it completely illegal but that certainly doesn't make it right.

Heavens to betsy, Nick, you should really get over losing the election and get behind your President.

Obama may not have used his family connections to escape active service in a time of war or be a recovering alcoholic and convicted drunk driver and a failed businessman with a declared contempt for the constitution, but he's your President and as an American you should support him for the good of your nation.
post #151 of 383
Quote:

Heavens to betsy, Nick, you should really get over losing the election and get behind your President.

Obama may not have used his family connections to escape active service in a time of war or be a recovering alcoholic and convicted drunk driver and a failed businessman with a declared contempt for the constitution, but he's your President and as an American you should support him for the good of your nation.

I think I'd rather someone do all the things you mentioned above rather than saddle me, my children and my grandchildren with their respective shares of 2 trillion of deficit spending in a single year.

post #152 of 383
Quote:

I think I'd rather someone do all the things you mentioned above rather than saddle me, my children and my grandchildren with their respective shares of 2 trillion of deficit spending in a single year.

How about both?

How about someone who did all of the above and saddled you with debt, all paid for worthless shit like failed economic principles that ruined the economy and a failed war that ruined diplomacy?

Compared to someone who has not failed at anything. Never failed economically, personally, or professionally.

Call me back when Obama is a failure. Hold your blame for those who have proven themselves.

Bush's deficit basically paid for three things:

1) The supply-side tax cuts (gee how those REALLY helped the ol' economy, there... yeah, trickle down... that's the ticket... just like all that land down in Florida I've got to sell you...)
2) The war
3) The bailouts (see comment above about the effect of Reaganomics)

From all those three things you have NOTHING. It's gone. All that money is ***poof*** gone forever.

Now let's say Obama does run a huge deficit. What is he suggesting to buy with that deficit?

1) Demand Side tax cut (never in history proven a failure)
2) Health care
3) Fixing our devastated infrastructure (courtesy all those years of Reganomic spending, once again)

Tell me your position again?

I'd like to remind you again, as I have before, that for every dollar Bush spent up until the bailouts, you stood there, cheering in the sidelines.

Tax cuts - "Yay!" (Remember your incessant trashing anyone who was against them?)
War - "Yay!" (Remember your incessant trashing of anyone who questioned spending on the war?)

Tell me you're a fiscal conservative again!

Your position has nothing to do with fiscal Conservativism. You are simply partisan.
post #153 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

Make me wonder...would Republicans have been so kind to Gore if he'd been president on 9/11?

I think you already know the answer.

If it had been him staring like a deer in the headlights while it was going on instead of dubbya can you imagine?
post #154 of 383
Quote:

Then I'd go back in time to the source and have a word with Mr. Bush!
post #155 of 383
Quote:

So making/taking phone calls makes one guilty? Of making/taking phone calls!

So buying/selling land/house makes one guilty? Of buying/selling land/house!

Under the above flawed logic doing anything is proof positive that we are all guilty? Of existence!

Also known as a non sequitur.
post #156 of 383
Nick is so frustrated by all of this that he's trying so desperately to make Barack and his "cronies" look as bad as his guy. Sorry... ain't gonna happen.

Palin and McCain both have much more controversial "associations" than Barry and friends, and the combination of Bush/Cheney is as close to the devil incarnate as we've ever seen.
post #157 of 383
And the first to make it under the bus (by being hit by it) is...

Blagojevich.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...n4709507.shtml

House votes to impeach the hair-do 114-1. The one who voted against has already had his wiki page updated to show the fact (that was quick). Wonder how much he got paid...

post #158 of 383
Illinois House to Blago:

Every day we get in queue
To get on the bus that drives over you
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #159 of 383
Rahm is still not under the bus, and absolutely no-one cares.

Not even the people on POWERLNE!!!!!!!!! are making a fuss anymore.

It kind of makes you think that the whole thing was a really cynical non-story.

post #160 of 383
Quote:

Rahm is still not under the bus, and absolutely no-one cares.

Not even the people on POWERLNE!!!!!!!!! are making a fuss anymore.

It kind of makes you think that the whole thing was a really cynical non-story.

Just you wait, Hassan! Busness abides, it do.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The OFFICIAL "Throw Rahm Under the Bus" Betting Pool